Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Finally

/morecharrs

HoT releases on October 23

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

Looks like there’s no longer any need to bother with the livestream tomorrow.

Posted by: Roam.2807

Roam.2807

Thats a great time to release.

To be the Man, You must Beat the Man.

Light Templa

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

That sucks…Fallout 4 comes out 2 weeks after HoT.

Posted by: nehezbegar.1065

nehezbegar.1065

Kitten YEAH~!!!! Finally the wait is almost over!

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Excellent! Less than a couple of months.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype!

So excited!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

Time to do BWE every weekend!? YEAAAH?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Timed my holiday to perfection \o/

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The hypetrain just left the station and is on the way!

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I’m actually disappointed at this news. I’d rather they spend an extra 2-4 weeks giving us a more polished product AND not kitten us out of what is traditionally been the favorite holiday for GW2 players… Halloween

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

I’m actually disappointed at this news. I’d rather they spend an extra 2-4 weeks giving us a more polished product AND not kitten us out of what is traditionally been the favorite holiday for GW2 players… Halloween

… Halloween is always the same content each year… they just have to “activate” it for the respective week.

That’s like the whole point of repetitive events, turn it on/off when required. At most they could add some other event to it but the base is there.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

way too late, i excepted late september..not end of octo…

literally killed the hype right there.

CandyHearts.6025

way too late, i excepted late september..not end of octo…

literally killed the hype right there.

You’re kidding, right?

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Do you really think they started working on Halloween 2012 after the 25 August 2012? They plan things ahead and they have already polished Halloween 2015 for several weeks… or not.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

… Halloween is always the same content each year… they just have to “activate” it for the respective week.

That’s like the whole point of repetitive events, turn it on/off when required. At most they could add some other event to it but the base is there.

Actually I’ve done every year and no they haven’t been all the same. Was hoping for a new one this year. Plus even if it is just an “activate” which I doubt, who’s going to be doing it with all the HoT content?

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

As much as I am looking forward to Fallout 4, I made a decision long ago never to buy any Bethesda games until a few months after release. The number of bugs at release is just crippling.

Besides, Bethesda will likely not release GECK until a few months later anyway. And it might get cheaper by then!

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

What?! Noooooookoooo, oh wait it’s before fallout, oh think the lord, if it was after I might’ve had problems!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: ZaxanRazor.6235

ZaxanRazor.6235

Can a moderator confirm this information?

The tweet is very odd for several reasons:

It doesn’t show up on the @guildwars2 timeline, and it says it was posted at 8am, which it wasn’t, as it appeared less than an hour ago.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m happy! As to the Halloween content, don’t forget they tend to do it for a few weeks leading up to Halloween so there’ll be time before HoT for that.

Plus, well, let’s not complain about having too many things to do in game, hmm?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Wow! I thought this announcement would be part of tomorrow’s line-up.

Regardless, great news! Yay! =)

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Do you really think they started working on Halloween 2012 after the 25 August 2012? They plan things ahead and they have already polished Halloween 2015 for several weeks… or not.

Why would they dump Halloween and HoT at the same time? I guarantee it will be one or the other and looks like HoT…

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its unlikely they will have HoT and Halloween at the same time. Patching nightmare.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Solomon Darkfury.3729

I’m happy! As to the Halloween content, don’t forget they tend to do it for a few weeks leading up to Halloween so there’ll be time before HoT for that.

Plus, well, let’s not complain about having too many things to do in game, hmm?

Last Halloween started October 24th…

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Thanks for the heads-up!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They may launch it extra early or later and run it later. Or launch it at the same time as the HoT patch.

Halloween is a big part of the seasonal side of the franchise and even overshadowed by HoT, I still expect to see it

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It doesn’t show up on the @guildwars2 timeline, and it says it was posted at 8am, which it wasn’t, as it appeared less than an hour ago.

I’m suspicious for other reasons. For example, we haven’t even tested druid or gotten any info on that class, or the number of maps, or . . . well, you get the idea. Let’s not even talk about the amount of content again or what this hints.

Regardless, hope it’s not a buggy mess, but yes. Please confirm if possible.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well with the inevitable post release patching it should be stable with maximum hype for Black Friday for retailers selling boxes.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Sweet, now I see it.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

As much as I am looking forward to Fallout 4, I made a decision long ago never to buy any Bethesda games until a few months after release. The number of bugs at release is just crippling.

Besides, Bethesda will likely not release GECK until a few months later anyway. And it might get cheaper by then!

Anet doesn’t have a great track record releasing polished games either.

CandyHearts.6025

I’m suspicious for other reasons. For example, we haven’t even tested druid or gotten any info on that class, or the number of maps, or . . . well, you get the idea. Let’s not even talk about the amount of content again or what this hints.

My thought process – YAY RELEASE DATE! ….Druid ;_; are you gunna be okay with this, Druid? :C

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

My thought process – YAY RELEASE DATE! ….Druid ;_; are you gunna be okay with this, Druid? :C

My guess is that they’ll have at least one more BWE for Druid and engine, then one big event for all the specialization a before launch to iron out changes, and we’ll see more changes afterwards after HoT drops too.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

CandyHearts.6025

My guess is that they’ll have at least one more BWE for Druid and engine, then one big event for all the specialization a before launch to iron out changes, and we’ll see more changes afterwards after HoT drops too.

Here’s hoping! I keep saying it but I’d love to see them start rolling out BWE every weekend now until hot is live. I mean all it can do is some good. There’s plenty of testing yet to be done

Ardenwolfe.8590

So . . . one more test for druid and one more test for everyone and everything overall?

And are all the maps and content going to be tested before this release date? It’s my understanding that the last tests only included around 25% of one map. Heck, ranger alone has a ton of bugs still not addressed or fixed since the last big update.

I know people are bored and unhappy with little to do, but I’d still rather wait for a finished and polished product than an unfinished and buggy one. Hope this doesn’t go The Sims 4 route of releasing the rest of the product later.

That wasn’t pretty. And if that’s the case, ANet better hire a lot more moderators and fire extinguishers for these forums.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Still . . . are all the maps and content going to be tested before this release date? I’m my understanding that the last tests only included around 25% or one map.

I know people are bored and unhappy with little to do, but I’d still rather wait for finished and polished product than an unfinished and bugged one. Hope this doesn’t go The Sims 4 route of releasing the rest of the product later.

That wasn’t pretty. And if that’s the case, ANet better hire a lot more moderators and fire extinguishers for this forums.

Nope,
During BWE’s for GW2 core release, they didnt test all the maps either.

I remember they did a 30 minute preview of ebonhawk. So thats how I remember. I don’t really recall how much map they uncovered during that.

Point is that they dont need to test all maps. they want to test concepts. Once you got it right in one map, you get it right in all maps. They also don’t want to spill all the beans

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Ardenwolfe.8590

So . . . 25% of one map from an unknown number of maps before release? Yikes. Well their call. But, I’ll admit, I’m more tempted to pre-order now to get ahead of the curve.

Guess we’ll see how it pans out. But you know that old Star Wars saying? “I have a bad feeling about this” pretty much covers it.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Noooo. I’m going on a vacation to Disney World the day after it launches. I won’t be able to lock myself away and play everything the first weekend. Why you do this to me, Anet?!

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

It was a promote only tweet, and does not show up on their timeline. Only visible to the targeted audience.

https://business.twitter.com/help/promoted-only-tweets?lang=en&location=na

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Can’t wait!

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Well just requested a week off from work. Got in nice and early so I’ll be all set.

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

So . . . 25% of one map from an unknown number of maps before release? Yikes. Well their call. But, I’ll admit, I’m more tempted to pre-order now to get ahead of the curve.

Guess we’ll see how it pans out. But you know that old Star Wars saying? “I have a bad feeling about this” pretty much covers it.

Well keep in mind it’s beta. I don’t think in the last beta we had access to 100% for gw2 launch. Or did we? I won’t be in the new maps for a while anyways

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

The thread in the HOT section is wiped, I can’t even see any replies

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I’m waiting on official confirmation.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I’m waiting on official confirmation.

The twitter was an official announcement. I am confused as to why you are still waiting.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Eh was hoping mid/late september, Fallout 4 takes priority, guess its a good thing since it gives a few months for Anet to get around to fixing stuff they will break with HoT.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s still there.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Release-date-October-23rd/first

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

So how to know when people just enjoy trolling the forums. A post about F2P gets hundreds of posts in a few hours, while a post with a release date hardly gets anything.

Anyone else just request time off for the 23rd of October. I am all set!

Thanks for all your hard work Arena Net, looking forward to this release!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s still there.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Release-date-October-23rd/first

I’m guessing he hit the forum bug.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes