HoT's Open World Difficulty Bug (BWE3)

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Mirage.6754

Mirage.6754

During the 3rd Beta Week-end Event, a bug was noticed that Colin acknowledged: the open-world, Verdant Brink in this case, had its difficulty drastically lowered for unclear reasons.
While Colin said the bug was definitely unintentional, because they preferred the difficulty of the BWE2, I was wondering if that bug has been found/addressed!

-Someone who liked BWE2’s difficulty too

Edit: Who else liked BWE2’s diff? BWE3’s?

(edited by Mirage.6754)

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

You have raids, and fractals. Leave us casuals alone ; (

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

I belive Colin or someone else said it was already taken care of the version we will get, just that since BWe3 already was in full swing, not much they could do for that version.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yes Im fairly certain I read it had been fixed for live as well, barring it returning ofc

Posted by: Mirage.6754

Mirage.6754

Thanks for the info guys Here’s to hoping it’s like BWE2!

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Yet casuals have had the majority of tyria for 3 years now…. oooo fractals and raids…

Posted by: Lord Arhan Warmark.7098

Lord Arhan Warmark.7098

I’m more of a casual player, and while I don’t want the game to be soul-crushingly hard, I also want to enjoy the fights and feel like it’s taking a real effort and skill. Dying is ok as long as it’s my screw up.

So speaking as a “casual” who doesn’t really enjoy face-rolling through content, bring on the BWE2 difficulty. I like to feel like I’ve accomplished something, not just spammed the auto attack.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

i paid to get my a** kicked and i demand that i get the beating in the x-pac. I want it in fractals, raids, open world and story….like proper END GAME content. BWE2 difficulty or nothing.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

i paid to get my a** kicked and i demand that i get the beating in the x-pac. I want it in fractals, raids, open world and story….like proper END GAME content. BWE2 difficulty or nothing.

Take a breath and relax. If you took a moment to read, you see that it already been mention it be fine.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Take a breath and relax. If you took a moment to read, you see that it already been mention it be fine.

My rear will be the judge of that. But yea.. i know they said its gonna be fixed.

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

Frankly, I liked the BWE2 difficulty, despite my frequent swearing at it. Admittedly, I thought it could be better tuned, but that was for making the difficulty more uniform and adjust the scaling a little bit.

Besides, what is difficult and hard now, won’t be in a few months as we adjust to it.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

something between 2 and 3 would work well for everyone.