HoTs WvW and Core WvW

HoTs WvW and Core WvW

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

Q:

Im sure this has been answered somewhere (but after looking through 50+ pages of posts I came back empty handed.

My question is – If one member of a guild or friend gets the Expansion, he/she gets to play with all the new features like the wvw map.

Say I did not purchase the expansion, and my friend did. I would assume that we would not be playing on the same WvW map right?

Example – him new map, me old map etc?

Concern is split community in guilds with those who have purchased the expansion and those who have not.

PS. if this was addressed previously please point me in the right location ^^^ thanks <3

Baldur [SL]

HoTs WvW and Core WvW

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

The new WvW map will be the WvW map for all players, whether they bought HoT or not.

The same goes for the new Borderlands map in SPvP.

HoTs WvW and Core WvW

zorokai.1486

Ouch so then expansion could be said to be Pve only

Thanks for info ^^^ greatly appreciated

Baldur [SL]

HoTs WvW and Core WvW

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

To some extent, yes, HoT is focused more on PvE. Of course the Revenant and elite specializations can be used in PvP and WvW and those are HoT-only. In addition various guild features which are related to PvP and WvW are HoT-only.

HoTs WvW and Core WvW

zorokai.1486

To some extent, yes, HoT is focused more on PvE. Of course the Revenant and elite specializations can be used in PvP and WvW and those are HoT-only. In addition various guild features which are related to PvP and WvW are HoT-only.

kitten – Hopefully the balance is there. otherwise Non HoT owners might get the worse end the experience, I mean i’ve seen WvW population drop drastically since it came out. (mostly due to boredom tbh, same old zerg blob stuff – good to know that if the new map can be played by non HoT owners, added bonus all around)

Baldur [SL]

HoTs WvW and Core WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

From playing the Beta, revanent surely doesn’t feel (yet) overpowered. It’s basically a very interesting profession, in that it has lots of tool to support zerg, but not necessary tools to burst zerg (other maybe then the ranged aoe stun jump with hammer). So basically Revanant support (like long uptime on block projectiles (aoe – no reflect though!)), lot of combo fields etc.

Seeing chronomacner, reaper etc, i don’t think specs will be either overpowered, especially since the current update to base specializations. I think the wvw split will be minimal. And sooner or later HoT will become cheaper and I see almost everyone even wanting to play those builds/revenant buy it.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

HoTs WvW and Core WvW

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

I don’t think that we can make any assumptions as to Elite Spec balance vs “Standard” Spec balance. At this point, I don’t think there will be any difference between the players with the expansion and players without the expansion—only less build/character selection for those restricted to the core game.

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

HoTs WvW and Core WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Thanks for info ^^^ greatly appreciated

If you want to make a Revenant it is not PvE only

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer