Holy kitten Eir and Faolain[Spoilers]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

This story step was so awesome. And the part where yo run with the exalted through the caves while being chased by faolains upper torso/mordrem oakheart thingy was a great moment, and the first time I have ever been legitimately afraid of something in this game(in the horror movie sense, not the practical ‘I might die’ fear).
What did everybody else think about this step?

• I havent played beyond this step, so please no spoilers

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

They pulled a GoT or TWD card, spend time to rescue someone and then have them die one minute later. I liked it, and was surprised tbh, wasn’t expecting it from ANet.
I hope for more unexpected plot twists in the future.

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I mean, most people I think expected her to die, because then brahm could pick up her longbow similarly to how marjory did

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

well tbh the only thing that surprised me was mutated faolain…

well considering how the mission with rescuing prisoners went for the half of the mission I was asking myself if they’ll kill off whoever we’ll find or not, although I expected Eir to put a little bit more of a fight (bear transform?)

but then mission when I followed one of community’s dissapointment chased by totally unexcpected plot twist… well I was way to much giggled for any kind of fear….

[community’s dissapointment was reference to how everyone and their mothers expected those energy beings to be mursaat only to find out that they couldn’t be any further from mursaat apart from some visuals]

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I mean, I expected eir to die, but the brutality compared to previous story missions was unexpected. Also faolain…

Slow Clap

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

Im very disappointed how they handled faolain(well I finished 2 of the maps’ story so I might be wrong), I was expecting faolain become a cool anti hero in the expansion who may lead to come very interesting story or lore, but in the end Anet just make her a bigger beeetch…

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Poor Faolain, she fought so hard to be free, only to be enslaved.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

That whole sequence was interesting on a number of levels. At least one other NC member was there along with Faolain, and we wonder why Mordremoth is taking so many of the Court. Faolain sneers, “You know nothing of the Court” then goes on to liken service to Mordy to serving the Dream.

Well, Mordy showed her, didn’t he?

And Garm. Even Braham, in his grief, noted the wolf’s absence. Where’s he gotten to?

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Poor Faolain, she fought so hard to be free, only to be enslaved.

gg
I didnt even think of that

Posted by: Snoopy Shannon.5123

Snoopy Shannon.5123

I would have liked to see Eir go out with a fight but i did like the sequence a lot.

Posted by: Gretl.3156

Gretl.3156

And Garm. Even Braham, in his grief, noted the wolf’s absence. Where’s he gotten to?

I rewatched the end of the Living Story S2 and I should admit: Eir fights without Garm there, he’s nowhere to be seen on the ship from the start. It’s like she felt what was going to happen and left him at Hoelbrak. I don’t want to hurry with my thoughts, because maybe I missed some of the dialogues during the Living Story where she could have mentioned taking the wolf with her.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Im very disappointed how they handled faolain(well I finished 2 of the maps’ story so I might be wrong), I was expecting faolain become a cool anti hero in the expansion who may lead to come very interesting story or lore, but in the end Anet just make her a bigger beeetch…

She sort of was at first, but this would have been really cool if they kept her alive somehow. She really has turned sort of evil though, so even if she did help out the group she would have probably remained a thorn in their collective side.

Still, it probably helped Caithe forget about her as who she Faolin was and helped Caithe to do what she needed to do. Caithe was still pretty gaga for this salad up until this point.

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

I have a love-hate relationship with high pressure chase levels. I like the race but not the obstacle course. The sudden addition of super powers added this wow factor that offset a lot of my usual frustration. “I am NOT going to bed until this is done but kitten those pustules!!!”.

Not as fun as outrunning the sea of White Mantle in GWB’s War in Kryta but close! I’m certainly not dreading running it again on my alts.

As for Eir and Faolain, I didn’t want Eir to die but I wasn’t surprised she did. I was shocked that Faolain was snuffed out so quickly after her line about freedom. But I guess Canach fills that “I want redemption” role and well…even in real life there are people who don’t want to be redeemed. There was no REAL reason for Faolain to do that to Eir other than that Faolain just wanted to.

When she reappeared I knew It wasn’t her. The real kick in the teeth was seeing her mutilation. The “human” face on that body is unsettling. I was expecting a Mordrem but not one that was so big.

(edited by Erylian.8405)