How about glider collections?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Let’s take the glider mastery further.

Add a final rank to the glider track that unlocks collections that grant you new glider skins. Training it unlocks:

1 collection for each dungeon

Completing these will be arduous tasks that involve actively collecting specific new dungeon collectibles from doing dynamic events and scavenging the dungeons. Each will also require the respective collection ascended accessory for that dungeon.

The reward glider skin, of course, will be themed around the dungeon it is associated with.

Fractal Glider Collection

This collection will unlock the Fractal Glider – the glider equivalent of the upcoming legendary Fractal backpiece. The collection requires that you obtain the backpiece to complete it.

Glory’s Glider Collection

This collection will unlock Glory’s Glider – the glider equivalent of the upcoming Wings of Glory. It requires that you obtain the Wings of Glory.

White Raven Glider

This collection will unlock the White Raven Glider – the glider equivalent of the White Feathered Wings backpiece. It requires that you obtain the White Feather Wings.

Raven Glider

This collection will unlock the Raven Glider – the glider equivalent of the Black Feathered Wings backpiece. It requires that you obtain the Black Feathered Wings backpiece.

Daydreamer’s Wings

This collection will unlock the Daydreamer’s Wings – the glider equivalent of the Daydreamer’s backpiece. It requires that you obtain the Daydreamer’s backpiece.

And, of course any future Glider Collections

This is a feature that easily allows for future additions.

Yes, I’m aware that this is extra work

But if it’s not part of the expansion launch, it would be a great addition down the road. Yes, it would also involve making 8 extra skins (as the Dungeon collections have no current equivalent), but these will also double as potential back piece rewards for these dungeons, improving the appeal of dungeons.

(edited by Duke Blackrose.4981)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I like the idea a lot.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

They would never lock a collection to an item only purchasable by the gem store.

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

Also i deleted all of the useless dungeon ascended accessories

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I like the idea of collections for glider skins or even just lots and lots of different ways of acquiring them.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

I have quite a collection of spaceships in EvE, can we add those too, so i can shoot down your gliders with my Golem?

(edited by Monk Tank.5897)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

So what is the point of this for those of us that do not do dungeons?

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I just think its not worth it, because gliding is super restricted to hot maps, and as far we know it can be only 4 pve maps + 2GH maps.

Serious, i rather prefer they work on dungeon backpieces than glider skins.

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

You don’t want to do the content, you don’t reap the benefits..

Seriously, why do people feel entitled to rewards for content they do NOT do?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Duke Blackrose.4981

I just think its not worth it, because gliding is super restricted to hot maps, and as far we know it can be only 4 pve maps + 2GH maps.

Serious, i rather prefer they work on dungeon backpieces than glider skins.

I highly doubt that they intend to leave a feature this game-changing and monetizable out of future expansion maps. It may be a HoT-only feature for now, but why wouldn’t it be included in future content?

On that note, you also missed my final paragraph, which stated that these glider skins would also be back pieces for the dungeons. As it stands, quite a few of the game’s back items would make fantastic glider skins.

In addition to those I mentioned as collections, we also have the Molten Jetpack and the Spinal Blade Backpieces, which could easily be modified to produce back skins. The trouble with those is their highly exclusive nature, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I agree with this sentiment. By all means, include collections and glider skins for every form of content (which is part of the purpose of the gem store, Fractals, and PvP collections that I included as examples), but it is a poor attitude to complain about rewards given by content that you do not participate in. This is, like most of Heart of Thorns’ features, a foundation feature for rewards and progression.

(edited by Duke Blackrose.4981)

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I did not say that. I asked why someone who did not do X should get behind something for people who only do X.

Duke Blackrose.4981

I did not say that. I asked why someone who did not do X should get behind something for people who only do X.

Because it’s also highly conceivable to put unique gliders & backpieces in other forms of PvE/WvW content. Namely, Tequatl, Triple Trouble, and WvW tournaments and achievements would be good sources of these.

At no point did I suggest that only dungeoneers would benefit. Hell, I’m an open-world explorer above all other content.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

seriously… why drag an argument that already has a thread devoted to it that’s 14 pages long, into another thread not even related to it…

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

If they were going to unlock special glider skin collections for people based on which back item that they own (something I personally find unlikely TBH), then there would also need to be gliders for people with Holographic Dragon Wings Holographic Shattered Dragon Wings & Wings of the Sunless. Probably for Molten Jetpack, Tempered Spinal Blades & Light of Dwayna too.

I don’t think that they should be tied to dungeons though, none of these skins (with exception of the molten jetpack) have anything to do with dungeons. Although, I’m not really sure why they would give people that purchased BLC back items a route to a ‘free’ glider item, rather than put the glider version for sale in the BLC.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I like the idea of gliders from collections, just ones not requiring gemstore items. Especially when those items aren’t currently obtainable, and were only available for 24 hours when they were.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra