How can I be Revenant?

How can I be Revenant?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

I just started to think about this personal story what we are doing in HoT Beta.

1. Fact, I am Revenant
2. Fact, I am doing my personal story
3. Fact, Rytlock comes back from Mists
4. Fact, Rytlock is first Revenant
5. How can I be revenant?

I started to think whole GW2 story from the start, point of view of new player. I make a new character who is a Revenant. I play whole core GW2 game and kill Zhaitan. Then I have decided to buy Living Story 2 and play it thru and learn that Rytlock went to the Mists. When I have finish this Living Story 2 and start to do HoT personal story and during that personal story mission Rytlock is coming back. I have learned that he is first Revenant. So new player start to wonder too, if he/she have brains, how can I be Revenant?

How can I be Revenant?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is a ‘Mist’ ery! ; )

How can I be Revenant?

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Its all because live events are not live anymore. Problems like that will occur.
La was destroyed and scarlet is death, its a fact. But about season 2 and thinks that happen, well they are a bit blurry according to tyria season 2 and rytlocks return happened before players created the revenants still from the players perspective they created a reverent when rytlock was a various.

How can I be Revenant?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I just started to think about this personal story what we are doing in HoT Beta.

1. Fact, I am Revenant

I started to think whole GW2 story from the start, point of view of new player. I make a new character who is a Revenant. I play whole core GW2 game and kill Zhaitan. Then I have decided to buy Living Story 2 and play it thru and learn that Rytlock went to the Mists. When I have finish this Living Story 2 and start to do HoT personal story and during that personal story mission Rytlock is coming back. I have learned that he is first Revenant. So new player start to wonder too, if he/she have brains, how can I be Revenant?

How can I be a warrior. I have zero condition. a beer belly, overweight and spend my time in a chair playing games (or lurking the forum). How can I be a warrior in the game like that??

Sounds very different?? no it isn’t. This is all bout immersion. a lack of immersion is not cause it is inconsistent, cause everything is (it is a fantasygame in a fantasy world, that is inconsistent in the core). So why can’t you overcome such minor details that are a result of continuity versus playability.

There are two possible reasons:
1: you have trouble with the immersion cause you are simply loosing interest in the game.
2: you just want to nitpick.

(or a combination of the two)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

How can I be Revenant?

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

1. Fact, I am Revenant

Rytlock pre-ordered HoT before you

How can I be Revenant?

Posted by: Bahlol.6125

Bahlol.6125

if you look back again at the game, the NPC’s do NOT recognize your profession, so being a revenant or warrior or dragon hunter mean NOTHING in terms of story, only you the player recognize that.
and Anet will do nothing to make sense out of playing as a revenant before Rytlock becomes one

How can I be Revenant?

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

I like the time travel through the mists angle though hopefully they add something in the intro for your character in an abstract way explaining this somewhat

-Ironcurtain

How can I be Revenant?

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

The only immersion breaking thing is when Rox asks, “What type of magic is that?!”. If you’re a Revenant…well, she’s been seeing you use it for ages.

This could be fixed by just replacing the line when you’re a Revenant with, “Rytlock’s using magic like the boss. How did he do that?” only with much better writing.

How can I be Revenant?

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

if you look back again at the game, the NPC’s do NOT recognize your profession, so being a revenant or warrior or dragon hunter mean NOTHING in terms of story, only you the player recognize that.
and Anet will do nothing to make sense out of playing as a revenant before Rytlock becomes one

Iogaer would like to have a word for you – in case you happen to be an engineer.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.