How did beta attendees get chosen?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

from this topic screenshoots it seems if you got 21k achivements you got the beta. Not that RNG afterall. is RNG from ppl over 21k points?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/301rnl/beta_character_slot/

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

from this topic screenshoots it seems if you got 21k achivements you got the beta. Not that RNG afterall. is RNG from ppl over 21k points?

More false speculation. There are plenty of people under 21k AP that got invited, and plenty of people that do have over 21k AP that did not get invited.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I was tempted to troll and say 100$ in gems got me instant email saying beta invite, but I don’t need more infractions ;-(

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hahaha. And 64 character slots, as well.

The topic doesn’t even address APs and Beta inclusion.

It’s just a draw, a lottery. Some are chosen, some are not. There are no determining factors, save luck.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

one person shows their AP and you think that applies to all that were chosen? That’s ridiculously shaky logic.

You can do better than that.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

In the news about this upcomming closed beta test it was stated you needed to be active, loyal, and sign up for the newsletter.

My guess is that Anet kept it very simple and just had a random draw among those that fit there.

“Active and loyal” could mean something as simple as having an account with at least 100 hours of game play and having logged in at least 5 times last month… (Why they need to make it harder?)

I also believe that at least 70 % of those complaining about not being chosen didn’t sign up for the newsletter in the first place…

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I have done all those things. So…

In the news about this upcomming closed beta test it was stated you needed to be active, loyal, and sign up for the newsletter.

My guess is that Anet kept it very simple and just had a random draw among those that fit there.

“Active and loyal” could mean something as simple as having an account with at least 100 hours of game play and having logged in at least 5 times last month… (Why they need to make it harder?)

I also believe that at least 70 % of those complaining about not being chosen didn’t sign up for the newsletter in the first place…

Posted by: Nouas.2740

Nouas.2740

feels bad i wasnt chosen, this is the only MMO i like too much, bad luck i guess.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

with my luck (2 precursors rage and venom) i wont even be allowed into openbeta

Posted by: Myrden.2456

Myrden.2456

I don’t have 21,000 achievement points and I got a BETA invite. I do regular the gem store, but I don’t think that was a pre-requisite. Random seems more likely.

Posted by: Mystic Moon Maiden.3786

Mystic Moon Maiden.3786

RNG-esus looked down upon the flock of all the active GW2 accounts and then threw a massive amount of beta confetti into the air. Each piece of beta confetti landed on an account and those were the ones who got invites to play in the beta stress test. This made RNG-esus happy and he can’t wait to do it again for future beta tests. In his mind, he knows beta confetti is the best decision maker yet.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think the correct answer is, “Nunya”…..

If this is truly a 1 hour stress test, I’m guessing it was a purely random selection but they may have weeded out players with questionable connections (so they don’t skew their numbers with potential internet routing issues).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances