How do I buy JUST Heart of Thorns?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ruwani.8624

ruwani.8624

I want to buy Heart of Thorns for a friend, but when I go to the store, I can only buy HOT and Path of Fire. Is there a way to buy Heart of Thorns only?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Give Amazon a try.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I checked it out just now. Go into the store, click on the Heart of Thorns logo, then buy the standard version (on the left) for $29.99 US (no idea for EU players). That should get you just the HoT expansion and not PoF.

Posted by: Halan.7931

Halan.7931

Upper link is just HoT https://www.guildwars2.com/en/shop/

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Posted by: OlsenSan.2987

OlsenSan.2987

This was a problem that I had. I am a new player, started playing last week, and 2 days after starting playing the game I decided to buy the expansion. First, I received an email that confused me, where I thought that if I buy Guild of wars 2 I would get heart of thorns for free. Second is, when I clicked the buy button ingame, that was showing on my screen, it led me to buy Path Of fire. Even if I tried to buy from the website, it would give me only that option. Being a new player, you dont know other ways to find what you really want if the game makes it hard for you.

I bought it. I didnt get hot expansion as I expected, neither I had a chance, since it was not going to be for free, to buy HoT, because the only expansion I would see available to buy was POF.

The result of it, I have an expansion that I wont use till it releases and I am not able to do masteries, glide, daredevil, because they don’t make it easy for people to buy the expansion they want. I opened a ticket and the answer they gave me is that the only thing that could be done was refund me the money, so I prefered to stay with POF till I am able to buy the other one.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

This was a problem that I had. I am a new player, started playing last week, and 2 days after starting playing the game I decided to buy the expansion. First, I received an email that confused me, where I thought that if I buy Guild of wars 2 I would get heart of thorns for free. Second is, when I clicked the buy button ingame, that was showing on my screen, it led me to buy Path Of fire. Even if I tried to buy from the website, it would give me only that option. Being a new player, you dont know other ways to find what you really want if the game makes it hard for you.

I bought it. I didnt get hot expansion as I expected, neither I had a chance, since it was not going to be for free, to buy HoT, because the only expansion I would see available to buy was POF.

The result of it, I have an expansion that I wont use till it releases and I am not able to do masteries, glide, daredevil, because they don’t make it easy for people to buy the expansion they want. I opened a ticket and the answer they gave me is that the only thing that could be done was refund me the money, so I prefered to stay with POF till I am able to buy the other one.

There should have been a option to bundle hot and pof before paying for 50 bucks.
Contact support for help with adding hot for 20 bucks or refund and detailed steps to take to buy the 50 option.