How do I get to Maguuma Wastes?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zeezax.9586

Zeezax.9586

Q:

I just hit level 80 and need to get to Maguuma Wastes. I have looked over the wiki page and in several forums with no luck. I would assume it was obvious, but need help. Now that I hit 80 and need to move on, where do I go? Thanks for your help!

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

A:

According to Wiki when looking up Maguuma Wastes:
Locations – Dry Top & Silverwastes

Each of those has a link:
Drytop link: Under “Getting there” it says “Use the portal in the southwest corner of the map in Brisban Wildlands. The portal will be located southeast of the Tangle Root Outpost point of interest.”

Silverwastes link: Under “Getting there” it says “Go northwest from the Fort Vandal POI in the Vandal’s Claim area of Brisban Wildlands. Use the portal in the northern part of the fort.”

Each one of the areas it references also has a link. So, that is how to get there as per wiki. Good luck.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Go to Brisban Wildlands, and explore along the West side of the map.

The entry to Dry Top is in Tangle Root. The entry to the Silverwastes is in Vandal’s Claim.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Zeezax.9586

Vandal’s Claim for Brisban Wildlands found it. Thanks!

Posted by: Cryshal.4036

Cryshal.4036

Do you have to go through Dry Top to get to Maguuna Wastes? I’ve been all through Maguuna (HoT) south of the wastes, and no way to go north. I can’t figure out even how to use the “lights” to go through Dry top.

Also, in Silverwastes, there is a small area to the north that I can’t figure out how to get into.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Do you have to go through Dry Top to get to Maguuna Wastes? I’ve been all through Maguuna (HoT) south of the wastes, and no way to go north. I can’t figure out even how to use the “lights” to go through Dry top.

Also, in Silverwastes, there is a small area to the north that I can’t figure out how to get into.

Your 1-3 keys (1-jump in the air, 2-move forward through things like sand falls, 3 teleport a short distance) will change skills with the ‘lights’. The northern silverwastes requires you to use a skritt tunnel from the middish area of the map.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Do you have to go through Dry Top to get to Maguuna Wastes?

The Maguuma Wastes is a region composed of Dry Top and the Silverwastes.

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Or if you are in a guild that has a guild hall then go to it and leave through the portal leading into HoT.

RP enthusiast

Posted by: Cryshal.4036

Cryshal.4036

Look at the map. I’ve been all through Silverwastes and HoT, just not the large area north of that, called the Maguuma Wastes. Perhaps that’s just the area west of Dry Top, and not fully open yet to game play.

Zeezax.9586

The hoops you need to jump through are ridiculous! Said it! ………Thanks for the info!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You need to jump through hoops to get to a place you want to get to by getting there in the first place? Odd.

Posted by: Goriel Green Hits.1694

Goriel Green Hits.1694

Look at the map. I’ve been all through Silverwastes and HoT, just not the large area north of that, called the Maguuma Wastes. Perhaps that’s just the area west of Dry Top, and not fully open yet to game play.

Same here. This is the only forum I found that raises this issue. I found an old you tube video that shows how to find the drop for the portal to the heart of maguuma, but gw2 wiki says it stopped dropping on May 10 2015. Is this area no longer accessible? And if not why is it still on the map? Driving me crazy

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That portal was beta access to the expansion which is to the west of silverwastes. It obviously is no longer required.

There are no areas north of silverwastes that are or have been part of the playable map. The GW2 map includes non accessible areas for geographical reasons

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Look, there are some misconceptions here that must be straightened up.

Maguuma Wastes is a region, like the Shiverpeaks, Ascalon, etc. It’s not a zone.

Now, the Maguuma Wastes region consist of two zones. Silverwastes and Dry Top. Those are Maguuma Wastes. If you have dailies like ‘maguuma wastes lumberer’, you do it at those two zones. Not anywhere else.

That writing you see north of Silverwastes, i assume, is just the general region name written on the map, instead of a specific zone.

Posted by: Makabeth.4376

Makabeth.4376

I’ve been trying to reach Maguuma too, so I investigated both the Official Wiki and this forum, but the information I found out hasn’t been as useful as it could. It’s quite difficult to get there using those descriptions and I miss some images. Anyway, there’s a little detail I’ve just discovered: as you guessed, the game itself shows you the way to Maguuma, but it completely forgets to teach you how to activate the Heart of Thorns story. Just go to your Hero Menu, click on the Story Journal tag and select Heart of Thorns. There’s a ‘start’ button there.

Please, take a look here: “https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/49ad48/heart_of_thorns_where_do_i_start/

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

There are three Maguuma regions on the map that consist of individual, playable zones. They are Maguuma Jungle, Maguuma Wastes, and Heart of Maguuma.

Maguuma Jungle consists of the Sylvari and Asura starting areas (Caledon Forest and Metrica Province) and the Brisban Wildlands. If you’ve never been to the Brisban Wildlands you can get there by passing through the starting zones outside Rata Sum or the Grove.

The Brisban Wildlands is adjascent to both Dry Top and The Silverwastes, of which consist the Maguuma Wastes.

The Silverwastes are adjascent to Verdant Brink, which is the first Zone of the Hot Expansion, and the beginning of the Heart of Maguuma. You have to purchase the expansion to enter it.

If go into your Hero Panel and click on the first story part to LS2, and HoT, they’ll lead you where you need to go.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Maguuma Jungle consists of the Sylvari and Asura starting areas (Caledon Forest and Metrica Province) and the Brisban Wildlands. If you’ve never been to the Brisban Wildlands you can get there by passing through the starting zones outside Rata Sum or the Grove.

This is accurate, except that both Sparkfly Fen and Mount Maelstrom are both considered part of Maguuma, even if that’s not true geographically. Sparkfly Fen is probably part of Maguuma because of Eye of the North; no idea what Maelstrom is considered Maguuma.

Posted by: OlsenSan.2987

OlsenSan.2987

You can only go full maguuma wastes map if you have HOT Expansion?

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

You can only go full maguuma wastes map if you have HOT Expansion?

No, The Maguuna Wastes (Dry Top and Silverwastes) are available to everyone.

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

When you get to the Jungle… what ever you do… do NOT FEED THE MOTHA KITTEN POCKET RAPTORS

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

When you get to the Jungle… what ever you do… do NOT FEED THE MOTHA KITTEN POCKET RAPTORS

Seriously, they’re like the pigeons of the heart of Maguuma.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Seriously, they’re like the pigeons of the heart of Maguuma.

I can’t remember the last time a bunch of pigeons kept up with me running at full sprint while pecking at me from 20-feet away. (Really though, fix their attack range, ANet, plox)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632