How is guild harvesting tracked?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

Q:

I have a question about how harvesting the synthesizers within guild halls works.

I rep four guilds; two own Lost Precipice (call them LP1 and LP2) and the other two own Gilded Hollow (GH1 and GH2).

If I go into GH1 first on any given day, I see all the available nodes and can harvest accordingly. But if I go into GH2 first, harvest, and then go to GH1, all the nodes in GH1 appear empty. The same doesn’t seem to apply to LP: I can apparently go into LP1 and LP2 each day and harvest both independently of one another: harvesting one does not “lock out” the other, like the GH halls do.

So what’s going on here? Why do three of my guilds apparently function independently, but the fourth seems to depend on what I’ve done in the others?

Thanks ahead of time.

(edited by MorganOneNine.1025)

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Next

A:

Donari’s response is pretty accurate, but I’ll try to explain a bit more.

Let’s say I belong to two guilds in game: “Faren Well” and “Quaggan’s Folly.” Both guilds have the guild workshop upgrade “Lumber Synthesizer 1”. However, Faren Well owns the Gilded Hollow and Quaggan’s Folly owns Lost Precipice.

When I travel to Faren Well and harvest from the lumber synthesizer node, the game registers that Lumber Synthesizer 1 has been harvested. When I then travel to Quaggan’s Folly in the Lost Precipice, the game sees that I’ve already harvested from Lumber Synthesizer 1 that day and the node will appear used and will not allow me to harvest from it.

Now we hop forward a few weeks and Faren Well has purchased Lumber Synthesizer 2. When I go to Faren Well and harvest the node, the game registers that Lumber Synthesizer 2 has been harvested from. Then when I next travel to Quaggan’s Folly, the game allows me to harvest from the synthesizer there because Quaggan’s Folly still owns Lumber Synthesizer 1, and sees Lumber Synthesizer 1 has not yet been harvested that day.

Each Synthesizer Node Upgrade has its own node. The location of the node does not play into the allowances; only the upgrade. You can only harvest from a specific upgrade node for the appropriate number of strikes per 24 hours. The nodes are not specific to a guild, nor a guild hall’s map.

I hope this helps clarify things!

Edit: doh! In the time it took for me to write this, the answer was confirmed through experimentation and experience. Sorry about that.

(edited by Dara Potocska.8196)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I believe it depends on whether the different guilds are at the same or different stages of synthesizer progress. If the same, you use up the cooldown in just one. If varied, then you get extra node whacks. I saw a dev confirm this iirc but I don’t recall where.

MorganOneNine.1025

Ahh, looks like you are correct. The two guilds that were cancelling each other out both have maxed nodes, but the other two do not.

Thanks!

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Let’s say I belong to two guilds in game: “Faren Well” and “Quaggan’s Folly.” Both guilds have the guild workshop upgrade “Lumber Synthesizer 1”. However, Faren Well owns the Gilded Hollow and Quaggan’s Folly owns Lost Precipice.

When I travel to Faren Well and harvest from the lumber synthesizer node, the game registers that Lumber Synthesizer 1 has been harvested. When I then travel to Quaggan’s Folly in the Lost Precipice, the game sees that I’ve already harvested from Lumber Synthesizer 1 that day and the node will appear used and will not allow me to harvest from it.

Now we hop forward a few weeks and Faren Well has purchased Lumber Synthesizer 2. When I go to Faren Well and harvest the node, the game registers that Lumber Synthesizer 2 has been harvested from. Then when I next travel to Quaggan’s Folly, the game allows me to harvest from the synthesizer there because Quaggan’s Folly still owns Lumber Synthesizer 1, and sees Lumber Synthesizer 1 has not yet been harvested that day.

Each Synthesizer Node Upgrade has its own node. The location of the node does not play into the allowances; only the upgrade. You can only harvest from a specific upgrade node for the appropriate number of strikes per 24 hours. The nodes are not specific to a guild, nor a guild hall’s map.

Edit: doh! In the time it took for me to write this, the answer was confirmed through experimentation and experience. Sorry about that.

Thank you, this is really helpful

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Why is it like that though? Because at some point (hopefully) both (all) guilds will get the max upgrade, thus forcing us to choose to try to get either shimmering or tenebrous crystals, which in turn just draws out the time it takes to unlock all the guild weapons/armors.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

MorganOneNine.1025

Thanks, Dara! I appreciate the clarification.

Why is it like that though? Because at some point (hopefully) both (all) guilds will get the max upgrade, thus forcing us to choose to try to get either shimmering or tenebrous crystals, which in turn just draws out the time it takes to unlock all the guild weapons/armors.

And that was my next thought, as well.

Posted by: Dara Potocska

Previous

Dara Potocska

QA Embed

Sorry for the delayed response!

We went with this design due to technical limitations with the nodes and their interactions with the guild upgrade system. Because we wanted to have the nodes in the hall become progressively better as upgrades were purchased and because of how we had to build those nodes, we had to tie the harvest progress to the upgrade.

I hope this helps a bit and thank you guys for asking about it!