How long til' next 3 legendaries?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

Heya.
Great job with the Staff especially. I hope i get to see the New Hammer and Dagger very, very, very soon. I want an “Engineer-themed-hammer” and a dagger that doesn’t make my arm burn with huge awfull flames.
Thanx !

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

You should feel lucky you got 3!!! new ones with HoT!! I mean it has only been one year per legendary!!
I would say that it will be about 3 years for 3 more or “Its done when it’s done”™

Seriously though, most of the old legendary weps don’t really interest me. I hope for more diversity though.

I dont want to see toons running around in the same Leg Armour and same Leg weps

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I think it was said during the stream that it takes about a month(?) to make a legendary, give or take a couple of components. So I’d think seeing a new one every 6-8 weeks would be ‘acceptable’ by my standards. Depends, of course, on if they have ideas for the other 13 or not.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

well considering they are releasing them in batches of 3 you will see one 18-24 weeks lanfearshadowflame

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

well considering they are releasing them in batches of 3 you will see one 18-24 weeks lanfearshadowflame

Meh we’ll probably get a preview before then, but 3 – 4 months between batches isn’t bad if they do stick to sets of 3. Not like they’ve never changes their plans before, right?

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Interested to see what the new Sword will be.

I don’t like Bolt at all, so I hope the new one is completely different to that.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I wouldn’t expect to see the next batch for at least 6 months. Possibly not until next year depending on what happens in the next 3 months or so.

Posted by: assasin oates.3018

assasin oates.3018

I hope Greatsword is last. There’s already 3 Legendary greatswords already

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Not until they announce GW3.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Why do you even worry about it?

With the new ultimate-grind mastery system in place and making legendary requiring full unlock, it would take an enormous amount of grind before you can start crafting.

So by the time you finish your mastery grinding, they will probably have released the new legendaries if you haven’t afk’ed by then.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I hope we get a K-On! themed legendary. Perhaps Yui’s hammer would be a nice reference and it looks like her guitar?

Otherwise I like the idea of a tiger themed hammer with tiger stripped tiger footsteps when you walk and a translucent black and orange tiger arm swinging with the hammer with an occasional roar.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Not until they announce GW3.

Hopefully with Dark Souls like controls (controller not optional in that case) and combat and not set in the modern world like The Secret World because things are way too developed and established in a modern setting while also having the worst architecture and fashion out of any era.

ZudetGambeous.9573

With the new ultimate-grind mastery system in place and making legendary requiring full unlock, it would take an enormous amount of grind before you can start crafting.

So by the time you finish your mastery grinding, they will probably have released the new legendaries if you haven’t afk’ed by then.

I doubt it will take me longer than 3 days to unlock the legendary mastery… With 250% xp boost, and Halloween active that 27 million xp is going to just melt away.

Exciton.8942

I doubt it will take me longer than 3 days to unlock the legendary mastery… With 250% xp boost, and Halloween active that 27 million xp is going to just melt away.

I think in the blog it says you will need to unlock all masteries not just legendary masteries.

But I did mess up my calculation a bit and assumed 10 times as much as it actually requires. I originally thought it would probably take me 2 years to unlock them all. Now it feels more like 3-4 months.

BTW, how do you get 250% exp boost?

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

It also depends on whether they recycle old items already in game coughcough"staff"coughcough… that staff has been in game for years, infact it was December 2013 it was datamined. all they did was particle effect it a bit and threw it in the legendary generator program they got to determine components needed to make it. the pistol looks like a smaller reskin of Predator with bolt/meteorlogicus lightning effect added to it. While the axe is unique in its base form, it is using the blue section of space from twilight with incenerators sleeve wrap. The vast majority of these feel copied and pasted IMHO. Im not knocking the artists or anything, but this seems less original and more hastily put together. I would rather they take their time and make new skins for them , than do them every 1-3 months with reskins of old weapons with new effects etc…

Posted by: Chobits.2430

Chobits.2430

Anet stated that they will release new Legendaries as the story progresses. Each Legendaries will be part of the story so it becomes part of the game lore. Given that Anet has released story content updates fairly regularly, I would expect a new weapon every month at least.

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think in the blog it says you will need to unlock all masteries not just legendary masteries.

But I did mess up my calculation a bit and assumed 10 times as much as it actually requires. I originally thought it would probably take me 2 years to unlock them all. Now it feels more like 3-4 months.

BTW, how do you get 250% exp boost?

100% Birthday Booster + 50% XP booster + 100% Kill Streak + 10% food + 10% utility + 10% banner + 15% Fortune + 30% Account bonus +5% guild boost +10% WvW bonus

= 340% xp boost from kills

only the 50% booster bonus applies to events though I think.

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

I think people misunderstand. From the sounds of it they intend a full set of legendary weapons to be attached to expansions. They’ve said they’re working on a full set FOR THIS EXPANSION, and I don’t think it’s going to be nearly as long as people think. It’s considerably more likely they’ll release them with raid wings, because the first 3 aren’t actually coming with HoT, they’re coming with the first raid wing. I don’t think it’s at all like they’ve just rushed these 3 through and have no progress on the others so far, and in fact I rather expect they have the skins at least fully worked out for all of them – they just need to do the collections and things. We’ll probably get all of them long before the expansion is “over” and another one has been announced.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I love Kudzu, but I’m just curious about what they have planned for the new longbow/shortbow.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Exciton.8942

I love Kudzu, but I’m just curious about what they have planned for the new longbow/shortbow.

I have been thinking about making Kudzu for a while. But that bowstring is just too ugly on Kudzu.

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I have been thinking about making Kudzu for a while. But that bowstring is just too ugly on Kudzu.

I don’t believe the bowstring shows up anymore on Kudzu.
I could be wrong,but the ones I’ve seen ingame lately don’t have it.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I think it was said during the stream that it takes about a month(?) to make a legendary, give or take a couple of components. So I’d think seeing a new one every 6-8 weeks would be ‘acceptable’ by my standards. Depends, of course, on if they have ideas for the other 13 or not.

Was just thinking about this, and i really hope they lying or fudging the information, because that is a ridiculous turn around time. People make whole games in that time. (2 years to make 24 items)
Unless legendary aquisition is as entertaining as a whole game, thats too inefficient.

It makes it feel like it will be impossible to get content on the level of ffxiv or wow or dark souls from this studio.

Well lets hope that precursor hunts feel different than just a large collection scavenge hunt. Otherwise, huge waste of time.

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Isn’t it supposed to be about 3 per month? The first 3 come at the end of this month, so the next ones would be about 2 months away.

Posted by: Testudo.4620

Testudo.4620

It also depends on whether they recycle old items already in game coughcough"staff"coughcough… that staff has been in game for years, infact it was December 2013 it was datamined. all they did was particle effect it a bit and threw it in the legendary generator program they got to determine components needed to make it. the pistol looks like a smaller reskin of Predator with bolt/meteorlogicus lightning effect added to it. While the axe is unique in its base form, it is using the blue section of space from twilight with incenerators sleeve wrap. The vast majority of these feel copied and pasted IMHO. Im not knocking the artists or anything, but this seems less original and more hastily put together. I would rather they take their time and make new skins for them , than do them every 1-3 months with reskins of old weapons with new effects etc…

sorry you accidentally stepped on your glasses :/ i know they can be expensive

Zhaife
Graduated top of class esports academy
#1 on fractal leaderboards

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

You do realize that according to everything they have said, exp boosters will not function for masteries right? So your bonus exp for mastery is +/- 0% regardless of what you use. They allowed them to be used in beta so we could speed it up and test some of the higher masteries more quickly.

Though we haven’t had any word saying it was purely for beta, they have also chosen o not come out and state anything against the statement that experience boosters will not function on masteries that was given to us when they first showcased the mastery system.

My advice? Don’t count on the boosters to function, but be hopeful that they will.

ZudetGambeous.9573

You do realize that according to everything they have said, exp boosters will not function for masteries right? So your bonus exp for mastery is +/- 0% regardless of what you use. They allowed them to be used in beta so we could speed it up and test some of the higher masteries more quickly.

Though we haven’t had any word saying it was purely for beta, they have also chosen o not come out and state anything against the statement that experience boosters will not function on masteries that was given to us when they first showcased the mastery system.

My advice? Don’t count on the boosters to function, but be hopeful that they will.

lol 200,000,000 xp without boosters would be a very fast way to make sure HoT was a flop, but not even the devs are that dumb.