How many missed the beta that had the portal?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Semperverus.3769

Semperverus.3769

I’m a bit frustrated. I was excited to participate in the stress test with everyone and explore all the new stuff, but when ArenaNet announced the testing periods, my heart sank. Every single one of them was when I was working.

Just wanted to hear from all of you who experienced similar.

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

I unfortunately missed the beta due to unavailability. I guess it was a stress test so they needed to test the loads in certain peaktimes. Unfortunately they were unreachable for employed Brits and most Europeans

Posted by: Recluce.3709

Recluce.3709

I was working a 12 hour day in public safety… I can’t just take a day off whenever I want. If this date had been released earlier I could have worked out some time off. Have they released other future dates? I saw only this one for us simple folk who got the portal.

Posted by: mickyluv.7068

mickyluv.7068

Not great for me either. I set an early alarm and tested out the first block, but the next two fell squarely during my working day.

No complaints – with a global game you’re not going to be able to suit everybody.

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Still better than making the times but the game arbitrarily doesn’t grant you access.

Posted by: Crossflip.4390

Crossflip.4390

If it’s any help, you didn’t miss much

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I missed it too, I was on the road for 4 hours coming back from scuba diving. Didn’t even know it was yesterday because of the crap internet at the hotel. PLEASE tell me they’re giving one during the weekend where people will actually be on. And I mean Saturday and Sunday, not Friday.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: darkcyn.4357

darkcyn.4357

i got the email but had no link to click so i was unable to play

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

i got the email but had no link to click so i was unable to play

What link? If you got the email and had the beta slot appear in your character selection screen, then you would have been able to play. The email was just scheduling info and directions and not needed in any way for access. All you had to do was scroll to the end of your character slots, select the beta one, and create a character in it, then click the play beta button.

To the OP: I missed the beta test, not because of time constraints, but because my portal didn’t work as advertised. I didn’t get a beta slot even though I had two portals, and this happened to many other people. So while I have some sympathy for your plight, it’s along the lines of “I’m sorry it turned out the test was during hours bad for you, but it was bound to happen to a significant number of players because there is no time that is good for everyone.” The real sadness goes out to others like me who could have tested and provided feedback except for a major glitch in the “guaranteed” access mechanism.

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I was able to play the first timeslot, but sadly missed a majority of the second and third timeslot due to my internet being 100% awful doing afterschool/evening hours.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Posted by: Mikal Dynath.6195

Mikal Dynath.6195

I’ll add my name to this list. Through a mix of work and a really crummy Murphy’s law crap, I was able to log on for exactly 9 min of the last time slot.

That 1 WP looked colourful, tho a bit dark.

I am the HoT master.

Posted by: Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

Sonja Teh Trapper.7012

i had a portal key an i could of made a beta character but i decided to wait until the release