How much will gw 2 heart of thorns cost?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Davidm.2419

Davidm.2419

How much will guild wars 2 heart of thorns cost? and when will guild wars 2 heart of thorns come out? and will there be a collecters edition for guild wars 2 heart of thorns at gamestop? I want to know this stuff since it has be announced that guild wars 2 heart of thorns is a expansion pack

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

An entire 1.5 hours of work net.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Send them all your savings now and they will refund the difference when it comes out.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

My speculation is $30 or there abouts, with optional collectors editions with extras (character slot, revenant rytlock mini, etc etc)

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Hybarf Tics.2048

Send them all your savings now and they will refund the difference when it comes out.

In the form of gems rolf…

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Hopefully between $20-40. Closer to the lower end too, since it’s not a stand-alone xpac. Else there will be a barrier of $40+$40 = $80 (optionally more to get all the living story) to get into the game – perhaps they could package it up for people for $50-60. Content wise it doesnt really make sense to make it worth as much as the base game itself.

Who knows, there’s no date yet either. Gut feeling, it’s in the summer.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Other games release expansions at $10 less than the initial cost of the game. ANet did the same with Eye of the North. I’m budgeting $49.99.

Hybarf Tics.2048

Your guts are misleading you on the wrong path. Mike O’Brien said we could play as fast as 6 weeks from now.

Posted by: Carbon Footprint.3421

Carbon Footprint.3421

Your guts are misleading you on the wrong path. Mike O’Brien said we could play as fast as 6 weeks from now.

There will be a hands on version at PAX East. Not the same as for sale…

Hybarf Tics.2048

There will be a hands on version at PAX East. Not the same as for sale…

It could be what he meant however that can also mean beta starts as well.

Posted by: kaziyo.9451

kaziyo.9451

They should just make the Expansion free.

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Abit lower than what the basic version originally costs and I’m fine with that.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

and let their staff/workers eat sand ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

What they showed/talked about didn’t really make it look like an actual expansion. It looked more like season 3 and a few feature packs packaged together. The next PAX should give a better idea.

Judging from that, I’d guess the price would be around $20 to $30. I doubt it would be less than that considering the cost of season 2. If they actually consider it a standard expansion however, it’ll cost $49.99 at most.

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

i would expect the whole package (gw2+hot) to cost $60. So the current $40 heroic edition msrp makes me think $20. Could be more if they discount gw2 further as launch approaches.

[ICoa] Blackgate

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

I honestly wouldn’t expect anything less than $49.99. It is possible that it will be only $39.99, but that likely depends on how much content is actually in the expansion.

These two values would be my guesses as well for the basic edition.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Posted by: GrayFury.4127

GrayFury.4127

Ok, previous expansions cost about $10 – $15 less than the original… so my guess would be $44.99- $49.99… and for all those saying it should be free… these expansions are no where close to cheap to produce, you are getting a superior product, and these developers deserve our support.
Think of it like this… How much would we have paid in WoW subscriptions over the last 2+ years? This expansion would basically be the same price as 3 months of WoW… whens the last time they did an update?

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I am going to have to throw my hat in with the $49.99 crowd. I don’t recall specifically how much EotN was in GW1 but I think it was about that.

Posted by: KorbenDallas.6729

KorbenDallas.6729

Why do people keep using 39,99$ and 49,99$ as terms? It’s 40$ or 50$, 1 cent doesn’t make any difference at all.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Why do people keep using 39,99$ and 49,99$ as terms? It’s 40$ or 50$, 1 cent doesn’t make any difference at all.

It’s done that way to create the illusion of the price being cheaper than it really is. It’s a marketing strategy that is commonly used.

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

When looking at the amount of content that has been hyped, it better be no more than $20 USD.

$40-$60 got us 20+ PvE maps, a full personal story, 8 professions, 5-6 PvP maps, 4 WvW maps, and 5 character slots.

HoT hype is 1 new profession, no character slots, maybe 5 or 6 new PvE maps, 1 new PvP map, and 1 new WvW map.

When compared content wise, Heart of Thorns IS NOT worth any more than $20-$25 USD.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’ll guess $20-30 dollars/euros, not buyable with gems. Sorry cheapskates.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If the whole of old Tyria with its 8 professions, 5 races, 8×3 dungeons, 5 racial personal stories, 5 racial cities and 25 maps cost $40-$60, then this smaller expansion shouldn’t, imo, cost more than $30 and only that much since they said they are revamping the old professions as well as setting up the mastery system for further character growth.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I would like to introduce you to a creature called “the average human”.

It can’t do math.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

It should be $25-30 imo. The included content (or at least what we’ve seen so far) does not warrant a higher price. $45-50 would be ridiculous, you can get an entire new game for that much money (a AAA title at launch), it even many, many games in a Steam sale.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

When looking at the amount of content that has been hyped, it better be no more than $20 USD.

$40-$60 got us 20+ PvE maps, a full personal story, 8 professions, 5-6 PvP maps, 4 WvW maps, and 5 character slots.

HoT hype is 1 new profession, no character slots, maybe 5 or 6 new PvE maps, 1 new PvP map, and 1 new WvW map.

When compared content wise, Heart of Thorns IS NOT worth any more than $20-$25 USD.

Comparing the price of the original game and content to HoT price and content is silly. There is a standard price for games and expansions that is usually always followed. $60 for a new game and around $30 to $40 for an expansion.

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I would like to introduce you to a creature called “the average human”.

It can’t do math.

The average human already understands that the penny is taken out on purpose. It is the people who are below the bellcurve that will read it kitten.99 cheaper than what it shows.

Its a common marketing strategy that plays upon stupidity.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

More than $0, but less than $1,000,000.

There. You have your answer now. Now we can stop asking this same question that has been asked since the expansion was officially announced; one that hasn’t been and will not yet be answered by the developers any time soon.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

More than $0, but less than $1,000,000.

There. You have your answer now. Now we can stop asking this same question that has been asked since the expansion was officially announced; one that hasn’t been and will not yet be answered by the developers any time soon.

Is that American dollars though or some other country’s unit of currently that uses a $ sign? $1,000,000 of their currency might be $10USD, or $60USD. ^^

Inquiring minds need to know.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

At first I was thinking it would $50. At this point I suspect the expansion will be pretty small, especially in terms of new zones. I’m thinking it will be about $30.

Ravion Hawk.4736

Comparing the price of the original game and content to HoT price and content is silly. There is a standard price for games and expansions that is usually always followed. $60 for a new game and around $30 to $40 for an expansion.

The reason they get away with stupid prices like that is because too many players DON’T do that comparison. It is not silly.

Are you seriously willing to pay as much as the current price of the core game ($41.66 at Wal-Mart) and get LESS THAN HALF of the content of core game just for the expansion?

Now THAT is plain silly.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

The base game had 8 professions, 5 races, lots of maps, multiple weapons per profession, lots of dungeons, WvW, PvP.

The new game has 1 profession, 0 races, a handful (probably) of maps, 1 new weapon per profession, 0 new dungeons, 1 new WvW map, 1 new PvP map and some masteries.

If we’re making proportional comparisons, this expansion should be worth $5-$10, or about the cost of your average gem store outfit.

Ravion Hawk.4736

The base game had 8 professions, 5 races, lots of maps, multiple weapons per profession, lots of dungeons, WvW, PvP.

The new game has 1 profession, 0 races, a handful (probably) of maps, 1 new weapon per profession, 0 new dungeons, 1 new WvW map, 1 new PvP map and some masteries.

If we’re making proportional comparisons, this expansion should be worth $5-$10, or about the cost of your average gem store outfit.

When you tally in everything then divide it up, you are probably closer to the mark than I was.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

When you tally in everything then divide it up, you are probably closer to the mark than I was.

Guessing it’s going to be at LEAST $20 though. My point was really just to underscore what a fantastic deal the original game was on a per dollar basis, and what a terrible deal all the gem store crap is on a per dollar basis.

HoT will most likely be between base game and gem store crap in terms of per dollar value.

Ravion Hawk.4736

And it is a point that needs to be made so that everyone can make an informed decision.

If they try to put HoT out for more than $30, the wife and I will wait until a sale comes down the pipe.

We’ll just put up with the harassment in the Dungeon lines for not having a Specialization or the Revenant. And keep filling out the harassment reports.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I’m thinking 20-40€ as well…
Hoping for the 20€ for normal edition, maybe 40 for Deluxe/Collector’s.
Age of Wonders 3 also has an expansion coming up, the game also costs 39€99 and the expansion for it is 19€99. Would be nice if HoT would be same price, that would keep everything within budget xp.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I’d really like it to be no more than $40; given the amount of content it looks like we’re getting, I’m having trouble believing it’s even worth that, but they could easily get away with $40 so why not go for it?

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

(edited by Andred.1087)

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

My guess is $35, €40, or £35..despite the exchange rate being around £1=$1.50. We always end up paying more for everything in the UK.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Dakinia.8923

Dakinia.8923

My guess, based on other MMOs I have played, is $50-60 for the expansion.

Ravion Hawk.4736

@ Andred, They can only get away with it when players stay blissfully ignorant and not do comparisons. Wait a few days for the players with DEEP pockets to brag and update the wiki to see how much content is there before you buy. Just don’t forget that the Core game is $40 and HoT is only a fraction of the content. Vote with your wallet.

@ Dakinia, the obvious P2W games aside, how much content was there compared to the Core? Any expansion I’ve gotten for ANY of my games at $50-$60 were virtually stand alone.

Examples

Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear’s Legacy – Stand alone expansion to Mechwarrior 2 and required MW2 just to be installed. Additional content was about 80% of the Core in quantity. More maps, full campaign, additional ’Mechs.

Mechwarrior 3: Pirate’s Moon – Stand alone expansion to Mechwarrior 3 and required MW3 just to be installed. Additional content was about 70-80% of the Core in quantity. More maps, full campaign, additional ’Mechs.

Mechwarrior 4: Black Knight – Stand alone expansion to Mechwarrior 4: Vengence and required MW4 just to be installed. Additional content was about 80-90% of the Core in quantity. More maps, full campaign, additional ’Mechs.

DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil – Stand alone expansion to DOOM 3 and required DOOM 3 just to be installed. Additional content was about 65-80% of the Core in quantity. More maps, full campaign, additional weapons.

Wow, that makes me really old. Have modern gamers REALLY allowed game makers to screw them over so easily through ignorance?

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Ravion Hawk.4736

Can’t say much about the full GW1 set. The wife and I got the full set in ’08 (me) and ’09 (wife) for $30 and $20 respectively.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Cosbuster.4379

Cosbuster.4379

and let their staff/workers eat sand ?

Why not? Works for me.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i think €25,-/€30,- is really enough, any more and i expect it to be stand alone with base GW2 included.

Ravion Hawk.4736

The wife also reminded me that most MMOs include two months of subscription fees to their expansions. So, subtract $30 from those expansions to get the cost of the expansion without the subscription fees.

Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Dakinia.8923

Dakinia.8923

To be fair most of my MMO expansion experience is with World of Warcraft. I know the horror (yes I still play the game). Their expansions tend to be about $50 for the standard edition and it DOES NOT include a month or two of subscription fees.

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

You guys are crazy to think $20-$30 for HoT. Since when is an expansion only $20?
I want to say I payed $50 each for factions and nightfall and $40 Eye of the north. I’m planning on a 50 price tag, which I will gladly pay, but not be surprised if it’s $40.
I’m assuming they will do a sale of the base game for $10 to give people the chance to buy both at the same time. $10+$40=$50 or $10+$50=$60. Perfectly priced in my opinion.
And for all you people saying it should be free kitten. You have no idea of what an awesome game this is and how it broke the mold of a mmo. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a child with no job.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

(edited by RavenRecoil.6103)

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

This dlc should not cost us more than 10E. It is hard enough that they now sell their ls season + feature pack and call it expansion. We already know that it is a scam, let’s see how big of a scam it is.

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

You guys are crazy to think $20-$30 for HoT. Since when is an expansion only $20?
I want to say I payed $50 each for factions and nightfall and $40 Eye of the north. I’m planning on a 50 price tag, which I will gladly pay, but not be surprised if it’s $40.
I’m assuming they will do a sale of the base game for $10 to give people the chance to buy both at the same time. $10+$40=$50 or $10+$50=$60. Perfectly priced in my opinion.
And for all you people saying it should be free kitten. You have no idea of what an awesome game this is and how it broke the mold of a mmo. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are a child with no job.

And what makes your rude self think that this game will have even a third of the content EoTN, Factions, or Nighfall had?

From the looks of it we get 1 new professions, 1 new weapon for each existing profession, a handful of maps, masteries.

Can you list the content that makes this purchase worth what any of the GW1 expansions cost?

Edit: And 1 new WvW and 1 new PvP map.

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

Hybarf Tics.2048

Cost doesn’t scare one bit, what does scare me is finding out the box has only 5 × 3 layers zones. Saying a zone has 3 layers is not the same as having 3 maps in one, we will find a lot of empty spaces. I might find myself out an MMO if it’s 5 zones or less.