Bifrost: 2200g
Bolt: 2200g
Twlight: 2200g

Sources:
https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/73239-Gift-of-Maguuma-Mastery
https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/74300-Gift-of-Nevermore
https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/74068-The-Raven-Staff
https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/71820-Mystic-Tribute

Prices seem to be tuned to exactly where Anet wants them. Very slightly above old generation legendary prices. If they magically reduce gemstone price, what do you suggest they replace the price with to keep them at the legendary level?

Or do you just want cheaper legendary weapons for no cost?

How to balance Amalgamated Gemstones?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Your entire statement is just a jumble of words that don’t make a lot of sense. I would suggest doing some reading on basic economic principles and coming back with a more coherent argument.

The prices of legendary weapons are extremely stable, and valued at ~10% more than the previous generation of popular weapons. If gemstones are reduced to a “reasonable” price, what would you suggest increasing in price to maintain the overall target value of legendary weapons?

I assume your problem is just with this one item and not with the value of legendary weapons, which have a very specific range of values which they are currently hitting perfectly.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Imo the problem is the gem drop rate. T6 drop rate (old legendaries biggest requirement) is much easier to ‘force your hand in’ (farm champ bags, farm specific mobs, like spiders for venom sacs, etc).

I farmed a lot of ancient wood/orichalcum, and lemme tell you, it’s about 1/30 chance to get ONE orb. And these material source nodes are much rarer then others (thus cannot be truly repeatedly farmed). That means about 33900 nodes you must farm to get the needed orbs.

Once they add more legendaries this way it will get really problematic. This is my opinion.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

It would be less problematic if there was more Incandescent Dust in the system right now. Being able to promote the T5 Crystals takes a lot of the bite out of the Orbs, as those Crystals are much more common (coming from every Elder Wood and Mithril node), but because of this Dust prices have spiked.

Clearly, more people need to run Ascalonian Catacombs.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Your entire statement is just a jumble of words that don’t make a lot of sense. I would suggest doing some reading on basic economic principles and coming back with a more coherent argument.

The prices of legendary weapons are extremely stable, and valued at ~10% more than the previous generation of popular weapons. If gemstones are reduced to a “reasonable” price, what would you suggest increasing in price to maintain the overall target value of legendary weapons?

I assume your problem is just with this one item and not with the value of legendary weapons, which have a very specific range of values which they are currently hitting perfectly.

Here let me make this as simple as i can just for you.

These orbs and crest used to be (3s) they are now (25s). Hitting target average, not a manipulated market ?

Meanwhile lets take a look at our good friend, the orb that isn’t….Flax blossom https://www.gw2tp.com/item/74988-flax-blossom

Oh but it’s okay they did this intentionally as to prevent the cost being a reasonable and attainable thing right ?
To maintain the “market” if you will on “Flax Seeds and Flax Fibers”….This isn’t good economic design, its treating the marketplace as nothing more than a glorified stock exchange and its disgusting.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Amalgamated Gemstones seem to be stable now. Prices of orbs etc are now on a rather stable 22-25s each. I think that’s exactly the place Anet wants to have them. And if this is true what Zudet wrote about Nevermore 2500g seems a reasonable price for a Legendary. I made Astralaria a couple of weeks ago and can tell you that it was quite fun. I used up about 1.5k – 2k g for it.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Add amalgamated gemstones to the laurel vendor, like they already did with t6 mats.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Posted by: Awko.9201

Awko.9201

I will be probably angry if ever they changed anything about it since I worked really hard to get them.
I was complaining about it too but this is about legendary weapons when you have to deal with the fact that they are not intended to be cheap and easy to get.
If you remove the cost of these gemstones, the price will drop from ~2500 to ~1700. It would be too cheap for a legendary IMO.

I also finished my HOPE already, had to dump 600 golds on the TP to buy the bloody items and i still think it needs to be tunned. The prices are stabilizing, yes, but don’t forget you only have 3 of the new legendaries. When the others get revealed i believe the demand will be much higher, some people might not have any interest on this 3 new legendaries but hey, the new sword might be cool or the new longbow, whatever it is. With that, its almost certain that the prices will go up even more, making a stack of amalgamated a legendary on its own.

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

We need more ways to get these things.. at such a high demand from it’s requirements.. and hardly any reliable way to get them…

The only other alternative is to buy them at 700+ Gold which no one but the big money ballers want to do.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

We need more ways to get these things.. at such a high demand from it’s requirements.. and hardly any reliable way to get them…

The only other alternative is to buy them at 700+ Gold which no one but the big money ballers want to do.

It’s barely 500G. The cost to craft the three legendary weapons is relatively similar to what it costs to craft similar high demand legendary weapons from the original set (Twilight, Bifrost, etc). Compare prices to before HoT was announced and they’re practically even.

TexZero.7910

It’s barely 500G. The cost to craft the three legendary weapons is relatively similar to what it costs to craft similar high demand legendary weapons from the original set (Twilight, Bifrost, etc). Compare prices to before HoT was announced and they’re practically even.

Which serves what purpose again. The “value” they have should never have been made relative to other legendaries since these are entirely bound to account. No two ways around this.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Which serves what purpose again. The “value” they have should never have been made relative to other legendaries since these are entirely bound to account. No two ways around this.

Just because something is account bound doesn’t suddenly stop it from having value. All ascended armor and weapons are account bound, yet they also have a clearly defined price to make.

All legendary quality items have a cost to make of ~2000g. Slightly cheaper for the less desired ones and slightly more expensive for the more desired ones. The new ones are no different.

People seem to have this grand delusion that because a part of the legendary journey is suddenly account bound that the legendary’s should have no price or cost. As soon as you give up that delusion the sooner you will see the overall value of the process.

Without the associated cost, the new precursors take about 20 hours to get. Even the most casual player in the world would have a legendary in a month if there was no cost.

TexZero.7910

Just because something is account bound doesn’t suddenly stop it from having value. All ascended armor and weapons are account bound, yet they also have a clearly defined price to make.

All legendary quality items have a cost to make of ~2000g. Slightly cheaper for the less desired ones and slightly more expensive for the more desired ones. The new ones are no different.

People seem to have this grand delusion that because a part of the legendary journey is suddenly account bound that the legendary’s should have no price or cost. As soon as you give up that delusion the sooner you will see the overall value of the process.

Without the associated cost, the new precursors take about 20 hours to get. Even the most casual player in the world would have a legendary in a month if there was no cost.

Show me where i said it should have no cost or price ?

I said why it should have had its cost made relative to begin with. These can only be crafted and are bound to account, cannot be sold at all. So what justification is there for adding a 500-700g tag to it?

If it wasn’t okay for sunrise/twilight to have that much required from Charged Loadstones, then it should never have been acceptable for Amalgamated Gemstones.

That simple.

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Unlike farming for lodestones and the punishing rng, these orbs are fairly regular and easy to acquire by yourself. I just popped into southsun and grabbed the chest on the short JP and the elite skelk chest. Got 2 orbs in about a minute and a half. Plus you can repeat on other chests or other characters. Add a bit of mining/logging and 10-20 a day really shouldn’t be out of reach if you want these.

TexZero.7910

Unlike farming for lodestones and the punishing rng, these orbs are fairly regular and easy to acquire by yourself. I just popped into southsun and grabbed the chest on the short JP and the elite skelk chest. Got 2 orbs in about a minute and a half. Plus you can repeat on other chests or other characters. Add a bit of mining/logging and 10-20 a day really shouldn’t be out of reach if you want these.

Doesn’t make the case for them being out of proportion. Consider right now there’s only 3 items that make use of them in mass. Compare to loadstones which are a lot easier to attain now due to map rewards and have several sources that need them. The price discrepancy is only going to get even worse when future legendaries come out.

ZudetGambeous.9573

I said why it should have had its cost made relative to begin with. These can only be crafted and are bound to account, cannot be sold at all. So what justification is there for adding a 500-700g tag to it?

If it wasn’t okay for sunrise/twilight to have that much required from Charged Loadstones, then it should never have been acceptable for Amalgamated Gemstones.

That simple.

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. You keep saying that things that are account bound should not cost money and then when I point it out you say you never said it…

The justification for adding a 500-700g tag to an account bound item is because they think the rarity of the item should be worth 500-700g. Anet values a legendary weapon at ~2000g. The combined cost of that weapon will average out to 2000g. Currently 500g of that cost is in gemstones. If they make gemstones easier to acquire then they will sink that cost by making another item harder to acquire.

Gold is the primary driver behind GW2, it is what makes it so casual friendly. Very rarely do you need to complete exclusive hard content to get the item you want. Any person can put in the time, earn the gold and eventually earn any item in the game. This is the entire basis for GW2.

TexZero.7910

That simple.

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. You keep saying that things that are account bound should not cost money and then when I point it out you say you never said it…

The justification for adding a 500-700g tag to an account bound item is because they think the rarity of the item should be worth 500-700g. Anet values a legendary weapon at ~2000g. The combined cost of that weapon will average out to 2000g. Currently 500g of that cost is in gemstones. If they make gemstones easier to acquire then they will sink that cost by making another item harder to acquire.

Gold is the primary driver behind GW2, it is what makes it so casual friendly. Very rarely do you need to complete exclusive hard content to get the item you want. Any person can put in the time, earn the gold and eventually earn any item in the game. This is the entire basis for GW2.

Please yet again show me where i said this ?

I’ve not once said things should “Not cost money”.

I know reading comprehension is hard, and i know you love to think anet can do no wrong. However, the current state of amalgamated gemstones is doing wrong by both the process of making a legendary and by you very own virtue of making this game “casual”. There is nothing casual about waiting out a timer, or grinding gold. That is something done by people who set goals, where as your average casual player will just go faff about and might do something by happenstance.

Also that 500-700g is at current value, where-in there’s a small non-competitive market. What happens when there’s all 16 land based legendaries in play and nothing changes with acquisition method ? Do you really expect that 500-700g to stay the same, cause that would be the very definition of blissful ignorance.

The current means of acquisition NEEDS to change. To argue against that is naivety at its finest.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

If anet isnt slow with content releases, the next 3 will be out soon, probably doubling the prices.

Also, there is no logical reason for all new legendaries to be priced at the top value of precursors, that the players chose based on demand. Thats like saying all new cars should cost 200,000 because lamborgini costs 200,000.

In fact this is an account bound item, market value is totally irrelevant. It should primarily be decided by effort to obtain. The reason they made this account bound was because gold was not a reliable arbiter of difficulty, or a very fun mechanic for game play.

The problem is that well off players are willing to burn 2500 gold on items of high demand, and they end up setting the price value of prestige items.

These legendaries are once again failing at being a suitable goal for mid range players, and are dominated by the gold earning players.

Why is that bad? Because it means there isnt much keeping people playing, legendaries are a carrot that fails

Posted by: Raziel.4216

Raziel.4216

So they should never be on par with other legendaries because they’re account bound?
Logic!

If Legend of Zelda came out tomorrow, the usual
forum dwellers would go nuts about the need to
“grind” to get exp, new swords, new potions etc

TexZero.7910

So they should never be on par with other legendaries because they’re account bound?
Logic!

Again, at what point is that even remotely the same as having No Cost. I said they shouldn’t have based the value of new legendaries on the OLD market value of other Legendaries which have multiple ways to obtain them.

Reading comprehension sure is hard.

The only reason Anet did this was too “not devalue” the work others did. In doing so they based their idea of a market value on a flawed system. Instead of starting from the ground up and making the entire process something achievable by even the casual crowd, they’ve actually gone and pushed it into a very niche grind centric crowd.

Raziel.4216

Logic!

Again, at what point is that even remotely the same as having No Cost. I said they shouldn’t have based the value of new legendaries on the OLD market value of other Legendaries which have multiple ways to obtain them.

The only reason Anet did this was too “not devalue” the work others did. In doing so they based their idea of a market value on a flawed system. Instead of starting from the ground up and making the entire process something achievable by even the casual crowd, they’ve actually gone and pushed it into a very niche grind centric crowd.

“So they should never be on par with other legendaries because they’re account bound?” =/= they should have no cost. They shouldn’t be on par with others because they’re only account bound. Nice logic.
New legendaries are available to the casual crowd, it’s a very long-term goal. Who’re you to say they aren’t?

Indeed.

TexZero.7910

Logic!

“So they should never be on par with other legendaries because they’re account bound?” =/= they should have no cost. They shouldn’t be on par with others because they’re only account bound. Nice logic.
New legendaries are available to the casual crowd, it’s a very long-term goal. Who’re you to say they aren’t?

Indeed.

Again where in there does it say no cost. Pretty sure i’ve already established they should have a cost, just not one relative to the Gen 1 legendaries where in they utilized different methods of acquisition.

But whatever, you’ll never understand this.
Also if you think a super long term goal will be great for casual players, just wait until the price per amalgamated gemstone spikes again with the next set of legendaries. We’ll see how that long term goal statement holds up.

Raziel.4216

Logic!

Indeed.

Again where in there does it say no cost. Pretty sure i’ve already established they should have a cost, just not one relative to the Gen 1 legendaries where in they utilized different methods of acquisition.

But whatever, you’ll never understand this.
Also if you think a super long term goal will be great for casual players, just wait until the price per amalgamated gemstone spikes again with the next set of legendaries. We’ll see how that long term goal statement holds up.

Again what?
I’ma say it 3 times with different post options so maybe you’ll read it:
Normal: “So they should never be on par with other legendaries because they’re account bound?” =/= they should have no cost. They shouldn’t be on par with others because they’re only account bound. Nice logic.
Italic: “So they should never be on par with other legendaries because they’re account bound?” =/= they should have no cost. They shouldn’t be on par with others because they’re only account bound. Nice logic.
Bold: “So they should never be on par with other legendaries because they’re account bound?” =/= they should have no cost. They shouldn’t be on par with others because they’re only account bound. Nice logic.

My comment is about the “logic” used to justify it’s reduced cost.
The second part of your post is baseless speculation, so I won’t even bother.

Since

=/= means “not the same as”, I never claimed you said it had no cost. Hopefully your next reply won’t say “again, where did I say….”

(edited by Raziel.4216)

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Once again the ‘legendaries’ are just about dropping gold.

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Thing is… the new legendaries cost more AND I have to do the scavenger hunt for them. The time I wasted waiting for events to fail so I can get the follow up event, I could easily have spent farming gold for an old legendary.

With the time I have to put into the collections, the new legendaries are roughly 30-40% the price of old legendaries. And thats because of amalgameted gemstones.

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Sorry, saw this little gem too late, and I think it is worth it’s own post.

I went for those. I bought about 25 of them and got…. drumroll…. 2 orbs and 5 crests. That means, Id have to buy roughly 8000 bag of jewels. With on average 2 being on sale each day, that makes 4000 days timegating and roughly 150000 hot currencies.

Please do NOT buy those. There are way better things to spend your hot currencies on.

No, if you want to “farm” those orbs, you have to go do t6 farming each day with all gathering boosts activated. Then you get per node roughly 0,9 orbs. My t6 route has about 20-30 nodes, so I get something around 25 orbs a day. In addition to that Im doing JP… just enough that I can craft something around 5-8 amalgameted gemstones each day.

Its doable, if you go my route. It just is kittening annoying as kitten. And could easily been replaced by something a lot more fun. But… its Anet… legendaries arent supposed to be fun, they are supposed to be WORK.

ZudetGambeous.9573

The TP is part of the game, you are expected to use it. There is absolutely no reason you should feel you can earn every item for a legendary without using the TP.

It is just some absurd limit people have decided to use for themselves with no bearing in reality.

It’d be like saying, I want to earn a new legendary but I refuse to go into DS, please nerf legendary’s so that I can earn them without ever going into DS.

Legendary’s are supposed to be hard to get. The first set became much more common than Anet originally intended, it didn’t feel legendary to have a Gen1 legendary weapon because almost everyone in the game had one. They attempted to correct that problem by adding value to this new set.

Gem’s will never rise to 6g each because their value is set by supply and demand just like everything else in this game. At 3g it becomes profitable to convert crystals into orbs for 2 types of crystals. At 4g almost all types of crystals can be converted. At 5g you could profit from converting T3 and T4 into orbs. As such the price is limited to the infinitely farmable T5 crystals at ~3g.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Instead of starting from the ground up and making the entire process something achievable by even the casual crowd, they’ve actually gone and pushed it into a very niche grind centric crowd.

Yes.. Because they wanted something that people couldn’t get quickly… (Do you even know what the discussion is on btw? Legendary Weapons, literally BY DESIGN not for casuals)

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Gem’s will never rise to 6g each because their value is set by supply and demand just like everything else in this game. At 3g it becomes profitable to convert crystals into orbs for 2 types of crystals. At 4g almost all types of crystals can be converted. At 5g you could profit from converting T3 and T4 into orbs. As such the price is limited to the infinitely farmable T5 crystals at ~3g.

That’s not really true. T5 crystal conversion isn’t actually limited by the crystals but by Incandescent (t5) dust prices. If the demand skyrocket and gems go to 6g, the dust will go up before the crystals do.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The problem is the availability of T5 dust and T6 orbs. They are both RNG only and very limited in where you can even try. This was exactly how Charged lodestones where, but now they drop in many places and you only need 100, not over 2000!

ZudetGambeous.9573

That’s not really true. T5 crystal conversion isn’t actually limited by the crystals but by Incandescent (t5) dust prices. If the demand skyrocket and gems go to 6g, the dust will go up before the crystals do.

I agree that dust is the limiting factor. I think a lot of people haven’t realized that T5 dust has increased in price so dramatically and are probably sitting on it in their bank.

I would welcome an increase in T3-5 dust, maybe make it have a small chance of dropping from ecto salvages.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Jewelers can upgrade lesser gemstones into orbs, but that also goes though your stores materials in no time.

If at least the mystic forge had a panel with recipes, we could mystic forge masterwork gemstones without going insane and ending up suffering every single repetitive motion disorder.

If jumping puzzles had a series of “portal dampening fields” that disables use of portals from outside them to inside, but still allowing them within each field so portals can still be used to help friends but can’t be used to skip the JP, or if JPs had a series of checkpoints that give you an effect that is lost after opening the chest and increases rewards the more you got, jumping puzzle chests could also get improved rewards, including much higher chances of orbs and crests, since a full reward would no longer be something you can skip or leave a character by the chest and open it every day.

I also think rare crests should be usable in jewelry, so we can craft jewelery with those stats, much like the sigils and insignia that can be salvaged.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

phys.7689

The TP is part of the game, you are expected to use it. There is absolutely no reason you should feel you can earn every item for a legendary without using the TP.

It is just some absurd limit people have decided to use for themselves with no bearing in reality.

It’d be like saying, I want to earn a new legendary but I refuse to go into DS, please nerf legendary’s so that I can earn them without ever going into DS.

Legendary’s are supposed to be hard to get. The first set became much more common than Anet originally intended, it didn’t feel legendary to have a Gen1 legendary weapon because almost everyone in the game had one. They attempted to correct that problem by adding value to this new set.

the with system designs based on the tp, is they are based on flawed premises, currently.

1)high demand, low supply items in a free markets value will be determined by the upper echelon of money earners. = grinders, tp baron, real money whales, and people with a lot of time.

2)item design is not based around how things are obtained in game, or by personl play, but via macro economics statistics.
for example 5×10^9 wintersday bozex will be generated per year, so lets make people need to use 1×10^4 to get this backpiece. ignoring you are asking people to grind winterday for 100 hours in a 30 day period

combine 1 and 2 and you get item design that is designed to be unfullfilling to obtain via gold or gameplay, except for the upper echelon of grinders, which is a drastic curve. a mid range grinder makes many times over what a normal player does.

aside from gemstones, legendary process does a decent job of setting short term goals, with a bit of heavy crafting based economies (but manageable) then at the end gemstones shoot it out the window.
compare the other goals for maguma, and you see how illogical it is.
complete all maps
max maguma based mastery
1 bloodstone
then 1 part, of one piece needs 2250 of an item that you get from grinding t6 gathering nodes for 150 hours.

it essentially ruins the whole process

TexZero.7910

Instead of starting from the ground up and making the entire process something achievable by even the casual crowd, they’ve actually gone and pushed it into a very niche grind centric crowd.

Yes.. Because they wanted something that people couldn’t get quickly… (Do you even know what the discussion is on btw? Legendary Weapons, literally BY DESIGN not for casuals)

Far greater than you do. Congrats on parphrasing out of context.

For your own information, i was not the one to bring up the casual content argument. That argument was made by the people who believe the current system is fine, even for casuals.

Now then since you’re too oblivious to get the problem here’s summary just for you.

Amalgamated Gemstones are being utilized to maintain part of the gold cost of the current legendary craft. There’s currently 3 Legendaries that use them and the prices are actually being manipulated by the current economic policy to make every have “value”. This value is being determined artificially by linking it to “other items in a set tier”. Let me put this in perspective for you now, those gemstones will only increase in value as more Legendaries are released.

This isn’t speculation it’s a fact. The only way it will not happen is if more methods of acquisition come out, or if all items that are used to create it are treated equally.

Let me again point out that there’s orbs that are not able to be used Flax Blossom comes to mind. Remember that key buzz word of “value” being used and equality of good in the same item tier….yeah sure.

There’s several options for them to remove the “gold grind feeling” from this journey and still have it maintain value. Reminder to all those preaching their economic genius that value isn’t just measured in it’s relation to the markets currency. In this thread alone – adding them to dungeons, adding them to map rewards. Either or both of these would solve a vast majority of the issue with step 4 of the Legendary Journey and keep feeling less like a grind and more like earning it through normal play.

That is all anyone is debating here. Sans the few fringe people who insist all Legendaries should be valued the same. Which is about as laughable as saying your childhood bicycle should be priced the same a a Armstrong’s Harley Davidson, because they are both bikes. Hence why the precursor’s for underwater Legendaries are significantly cheaper than say Bolt.

Enough said.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I don’t know if price will go up but I think Anet will balance the price if it go too high.

Not to mention with A net track record, by the time the next 3 legendary come out, people already stop caring about the first 3.

ZudetGambeous.9573

the with system designs based on the tp, is they are based on flawed premises, currently.

1)high demand, low supply items in a free markets value will be determined by the upper echelon of money earners. = grinders, tp baron, real money whales, and people with a lot of time.

2)item design is not based around how things are obtained in game, or by personl play, but via macro economics statistics.
for example 5×10^9 wintersday bozex will be generated per year, so lets make people need to use 1×10^4 to get this backpiece. ignoring you are asking people to grind winterday for 100 hours in a 30 day period

combine 1 and 2 and you get item design that is designed to be unfullfilling to obtain via gold or gameplay, except for the upper echelon of grinders, which is a drastic curve. a mid range grinder makes many times over what a normal player does.

aside from gemstones, legendary process does a decent job of setting short term goals, with a bit of heavy crafting based economies (but manageable) then at the end gemstones shoot it out the window.
complete all maps
max maguma based mastery
1 bloodstone
then 1 part, of one piece needs 2250 of an item that you get from grinding t6 gathering nodes for 150 hours.

1 seems to be exactly who legendary weapons were designed for. the top 5% of players who have a lot of time, skill, or money to complete them. That is the whole point of legendary weapons, they are super rare hard to obtain status symbols that take a lot of time and money to make.

2. No one has to grind 100 hours in 30 days to get that item. That is why the TP exists in the first place. You are artificially imposing a limit that you must obtain every item by yourself without using a system that the game is designed around. Just play the game doing what you have fun doing and spend the money you earn to buy what you want. That is how the game is designed.

The mag gift is very easy to obtain, which is precisely why they added in a money sink to it. It is one of the key components to the legendary and one that takes a good amount of work. I would bet that the money you earn from getting the HoT map items needed for the gift would be enough to buy you at least half of the gemstones that you need, if not more.

phys.7689

complete all maps
max maguma based mastery
1 bloodstone

1 seems to be exactly who legendary weapons were designed for. the top 5% of players who have a lot of time, skill, or money to complete them. That is the whole point of legendary weapons, they are super rare hard to obtain status symbols that take a lot of time and money to make.

2. No one has to grind 100 hours in 30 days to get that item. That is why the TP exists in the first place. You are artificially imposing a limit that you must obtain every item by yourself without using a system that the game is designed around. Just play the game doing what you have fun doing and spend the money you earn to buy what you want. That is how the game is designed.

The mag gift is very easy to obtain, which is precisely why they added in a money sink to it. It is one of the key components to the legendary and one that takes a good amount of work. I would bet that the money you earn from getting the HoT map items needed for the gift would be enough to buy you at least half of the gemstones that you need, if not more.

Skill is not the gate for legendaries as is.

Time based is ok, if you base it on interesting content.
Competitive gold earning is not interesting content in this game, it always leads to degenerative play styles. Competitive gold earning, even without gemstones is the biggest part of the legendary, adding gemstones just makes it ridiculous and off putting.

Keep in mind, the 1800 gold it would cost if gemstones did nit exist at all, is far from cheap.

And the problem is, trying to get gold through normal play is incredibly ineffecient, drastically so, and since they design legendaries so you need virtually every single item you get, selling items for cash isnt much of an answer.

Heres the problem with gw2 item/economy design, its most fun and least broken when you ignore it.

Which means the economy and itemization is doing the opposite of whats its intended to do. Which is enhance gameplay.

Im not the one who wants things easily, but that doesnt mean i want it tediously.

The amount of resources you get from hot is no where close to how much yoy need for amalgamated. Like i said keep in mind you need virtually everything you get for other parts.

Eh well whatever, most likely i just have to accept that the game is designed for grinders now. It wasnt at the start, but this game is now designed to grind moreso than any of its competitors, and most of its predecessors.

laokoko.7403

The price is same as old legendary, I’m not sure why the game suddenly become Grindy. It always was grindy.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

A legendary should go into every aspect of dedication: grind, gold, skill, time. It’s completely arbitrary imo to complain about legendaries that they are too expensive or time intensive. It’s a vanity item, is not even better than ascended (contrary to other MMOs!), and hence not needed.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Its not the overall price, its the fact that stack of single item is more expensive then the combined price of all the rest…

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

The price is fine, if u compare this item to previous similiar items, like lodestones each costing up to 3g at times. They need to keep the supply like that to even out the legendary cost. Nothing has changed.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

TexZero.7910

The price is same as old legendary, I’m not sure why the game suddenly become Grindy. It always was grindy.

Made 4 legendaries prior to HoT. Never felt as burned out as i do now, and it’s mostly due to the fact that i have less viable means of acquiring gold, or the items i need. This is the entire problem with the current legendaries.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well as expected they adjusted the price of gemstones via increased dust drop. The new shatterer drops T3-5 dust in abundance. As long as people continue to do it I expect the price to keep dropping and it will be profitable to upgrade lower tier mats into orbs.

Luminous dust has already dropped 30% in price since it is the most likely drop. Hopefully they add in a new T5 source as well.

Posted by: thatrobotguy.3690

thatrobotguy.3690

Personally nothing in game has made me feel as burnt out as Amalgamated Gemstones do right now, as they basically just feel like a huge gold grind because i can’t just play normally and make progress toward them. I finished the rest of the things i needed for HOPE weeks ago (yes all ~1800g of it, and none of that felt like too much) but having the last thing i need gated behind what is essentially a 700g straight gold grind, or a extremely boring farm method that’s all RNG based is just burn out inducing

phys.7689

Because it cost as much as the most expensive legendaries used to AND you have to spend additional time getting all the other parts.

Yeah the game was grindy, and its getting worse and worse with time. 100 charged lodestones, might take you 200 coe runs. 4000 minutes. Or less if you start to get good at the paths by playing well you may get it to 2000

Orbs take you at best 5-6 min per orb at 2250 needed or 10000-12000 minutes.
So they doubled the time requirement and made it a more monotonous task.

And thats just one part.

Every other facet of the legendary is more grindy now.
You need more than 250 obsidian stones
More experience than the 250 skill point item
Way more basic materials, in all level zones

Basically they make you work harder than the first legendary, and then they throw the amalgamated gemstones on top of that.
In pure time its the largest grind ive ever seen in a game.

What game requires 240 hours of some of the most effecient gold earning in game?

Even ffxi dynamis would take less than 250 runs if you were actually good at it

laokoko.7403

Because it cost as much as the most expensive legendaries used to AND you have to spend additional time getting all the other parts.

What other part is that? I thought that is interesting content which you don’t mind.

Why are you even grinding legendary. I thought the idea is just play, and if you have the gold use it, else don’t.

That’s what people told me before GW2 come out, “oh you don’t need to grind more powerful gear.” Why are people grinding cosmetic now.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Yeah the game was grindy, and its getting worse and worse with time. 100 charged lodestones, might take you 200 coe runs. 4000 minutes. Or less if you start to get good at the paths by playing well you may get it to 2000

Orbs take you at best 5-6 min per orb at 2250 needed or 10000-12000 minutes.
So they doubled the time requirement and made it a more monotonous task.

And thats just one part.

Every other facet of the legendary is more grindy now.
You need more than 250 obsidian stones
More experience than the 250 skill point item
Way more basic materials, in all level zones

Basically they make you work harder than the first legendary, and then they throw the amalgamated gemstones on top of that.
In pure time its the largest grind ive ever seen in a game.

What game requires 240 hours of some of the most effecient gold earning in game?

Even ffxi dynamis would take less than 250 runs if you were actually good at it

2000 minutes (very optimistic, but w/e) @ 15g/hr = 500g = done with gemstones.

You’ve just disproved your own point. Takes the exact same amount of time as before lol. Your insistence on ignoring a major part of the game (TP) is your own problem, not a game problem. You are choosing to make it a longer grind than it is, and that is not the game’s fault.

Posted by: Kattenpootjes.4291

Kattenpootjes.4291

I just found out about this while trying to make astralaria, which is a lousy messed up and incomplete collection on its own but holy moly when I saw all the junk needed to get that very last part down I alt+f4’d in complete disappointment, this is so absurd, there’s no legendary journey at all, or do they mean the path to the trading post and back? My interest in the new legendaries is completely gone.. I’ll stick with my cheap trading post axe thank you

phys.7689

What other part is that? I thought that is interesting content which you don’t mind.

Why are you even grinding legendary. I thought the idea is just play, and if you have the gold use it, else don’t.

That’s what people told me before GW2 come out, “oh you don’t need to grind more powerful gear.” Why are people grinding cosmetic now.

Actually in not playing anymore, because the goals feel like chores instead of gameplay. Ill prolly jump back in if they add new interesting content, but none of the end gamd items are incentivizing me to play the game.

Anyhow, if thats how they want the game to be i xant stop em, but i think that legendary item design is once again pushing more away than it is retaining