How to buy HoT as gift?

How to buy HoT as gift?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ShreddingDragon.5602

ShreddingDragon.5602

Q:

Hi! I’m digitally purchasing Heart of Thorns as a gift to my brother who already has a GW2 base game account, from before HoT. What’s the best way? Shall I buy HoT again for myself (I already have it myself) and just forward the cd-key email to him? Just concerned that this thing won’t work as I imagine it could, haha.

How to buy HoT as gift?

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

The way I did it was that I secretly bought it through my girlfriend’s gem store when she was AFK. I just inserted my credit card info, bought it, turned off the gemstore and went away like nothing happened.

How to buy HoT as gift?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

The best and safest way would likely be to purchase a copy from one of their authorized retailers and then to give them the key which they can then upgrade their account with.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

How to buy HoT as gift?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no problem with you purchasing a Serial Key from buy.guildwars2, or any other authorized retailer, and then sending/giving your brother the Key. He can then upgrade (register) his account (or create a new account) with said Key.

Good luck.

How to buy HoT as gift?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I will confirm what Inculpatus says. I’ve bought HoT for three people. I did it by purchasing it on my account from the ANet site and copy pasting the serial code in a PM/email to them. I begged them to use it immediately and confirm to me that it had worked, for fear of someone hacking the code before they applied it to their accounts. Smooth sailing all three times.

How to buy HoT as gift?

Posted by: Scamp.5296

Scamp.5296

I sent a question to ANet on this exact thing. They said the only way to do it was to buy it and then mail the CD Key to them. They said I could just forward the original mail they send when you buy it, if I wanted to. I don’t see why they don’t put this in the gift shop. I’d think they’d want to sell as many of these as possible. They need better marketing people. They should hire me.

How to buy HoT as gift?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s in the category of limited upgrades, that’s why. There seem to be huge headaches involved in gifting something that might already be on the account and thus cannot be added.

I’d think that if you like someone enough to spend $50 on a present for them, you would most likely have some out-of-game method of messaging them. A PM on these forums, on Enjin, on Discord … you don’t need an email address for them, just some way to privately give them a string of letters which they can then apply to their account.