How would you rate the HoT Fun Factor?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Hiding levels behind mastery’s and how the new maps are designed makes me give the fun factor a 2/10.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

9/10 I’m having a blast.

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

0/10 – spent a few hours in there the first weekend, absolutely hated the convoluted map design that felt less like a big open world begging to be explored, and more like a player-on-rails jumping game with ridiculous mob density. It was just more annoying than it was fun.

Haven’t been back since.

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

I can’t stay in the game long enough to form an honest opinion. From what I’ve seen though, I like.

#crashtastic

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

3/10
I’m fine with the HoT Roaming difficulties, playing Zerker Warrior.
But Un-soloable Mastery & Skill points are really bad.
The Layered Level Design is really not my cup of tea.
The Story unlock behing masteries grinding is as such of BAD design, really.
The whole PvE contents is really poor for the asked Expension price.

Posted by: karik.8293

karik.8293

4/10 every other mmo expansion ive played in the last 15 years gives you
new levels and new gear to get,ive had no upgrades at all from this expansion.
You just need a lot of gold to buy gear from the trading post,the loot system
feels more like diablo 3 vanila ,where the loot drops were kittene,and you bought
upgrades from the auction house.

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Started Palying this game last week and im having a blast playing this game until lvl60 (im currently at).
Played L2, WoW and Aion a lot and this game made me have that feeling its gonna be the game im gonna spend a good chunck of my life into it, and im having high expetation about the lvl80+ content, can`t wait.

I’ll give this game a 9/10!

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

The grind for masteries kills most of the fun, and the monstrously difficult and overly-prevalent mobs kill most of the rest of the fun. Couple that with virtually no humans willing to help (including even revives and rezzes), and it’s very bad.

I didn’t even start HoT content until after Halloween, so I’ve been in there maybe two weeks. But, I’m already so frustrated I’m ready to quit it completely. But, I still have to put up with masteries in the old content, and the rewards have been reduced.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure it’s fixable. I’m not sure what they tried to accomplish, but fun was definitely not the end result.

Posted by: Witte.3160

Witte.3160

5/10 barely

i’ve refused to preorder HoTs till all information was announced, i’ve refused to purchase it on release because i thought there was too much hype and the content would be lacking.

unlike most wining about not instantly unlocking elite spec, i could because unlike most i stocked up on skillpoints before they called it heropoints.

I hated what they did with living story season2. Lion’s arch is still kindergarden playground of happy happy joy joy.

Last weekend i finally gave in and its better then i expected in the story department, but the elite specs are a bit rediculous. The mastery system i hate the most. Why should i be forced to grind events to unlock masteries, especially the ones from kryta wich technically i’ve unlocked 100 times over considering i made multiple legendary weapons on a single character (wich took tons of experience since they required roughly 400 skillpoints (200 for stone and 200 more for clovers, yes i’ve had terrible luck with them) for a single one at the very least). I don’t want to grind experience by doing old content eventchains and world bosses that I already over grinded.

Dungeons being completely neglected as fractals is now the way to go. Fair enough, but i still don’t like high lvl fractals and its the only way to get my suggested difficulty level? well then i won’t play them i guess.

I’m betting i will quit the game again in 2 weeks because the new content will have gone stale.

There are some awesome ideas and the new maps are great. But the mandatory grind is killing it.

Grind Wars 2 … because there is nothing but grind left to do …

(edited by Witte.3160)

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Prior to HoT I had been in maintenance mode for quite a while. Now I’m enjoying the new content. VB has been a lot of fun and I’m just starting to spend time in AB. My time in TD has been a bit difficult, but I feel I should eventually get the hang of it. Overall, it’s been a delight.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

For now, I’ll rate it a 4/10.

I actually want to give it 2/10, but I’ve been a bit sick this weekend, and I worry that’s making me grumpier than I should be about this. So, being as positive as I can, I go up to 4/10, with the option to decide later that it wasn’t the sickness making me dislike it that much.

The two biggest problems for me are the Elite unlock costs, and the fact that guilds are now required to have guild halls for things they could do freely before the update, with no personal options (aka: Personal Housing using the same kind of system).

Now that I’ve had time to recover and give the expansion more of a test, I’m going to rate it 3/10.

8/10 for the elite specs and central Tyria masteries.

2/10 for the chagnes to guilds, guild halls, dungeons, fractals, and so on. While I do like guild halls as a concept, the damage to so many guilds and the insane costs to regain what was lost or place even basic decorations shows a painful disconnect between the developers and the game.

2/10 for the HoT zones, and the general feel of the new content (including story). Lots of great ideas, burdened with lots of horrible execution. The shift of the open world to something much less casual also earns it a huge downvote from me. I’d be tempted to rate this part higher if it was more optional/avoidable, but the conclusion of the story that carried us here is locked behind all of this. As it is, I’ve still not bothered to get to the end of the story here, and I’m not sure if it’s worth the effort to ever do so.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Azure.4856

Azure.4856

3/10

The Revenant class is fine so far, gliding’s fun, story seems alright, zones are visually appealing. It’s not that there AREN’T features I find appealing, just that they’re dwarfed by the frustration of the other end of the spectrum.

As a solo player by necessity (most friends moved US-side), I find myself constantly blocked on all of the open-world content. Group or bust. I can’t even complete half the hero points for map completion – they’re tough champions that require at the very least 2 players to handle.

The meta event timers, too, cause me issues – sometimes, I’d like to log on and faff about a bit doing adventures, but simply cannot because it’s night-time ingame, dictating with RL timers when I can access the (very casual!) content I want to access.

I’m also not much into grinding, and well, a lot of the new stuff – masteries, elite specs, raids and preparation for them – are just a big ball of endless grind.

I regretted making the purchase from the beginning (only decided to keep the copy because of the character slot incentive and the issues behind doing refunds), and still do. :/

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

For now, I’ll rate it a 4/10.

I actually want to give it 2/10, but I’ve been a bit sick this weekend, and I worry that’s making me grumpier than I should be about this. So, being as positive as I can, I go up to 4/10, with the option to decide later that it wasn’t the sickness making me dislike it that much.

The two biggest problems for me are the Elite unlock costs, and the fact that guilds are now required to have guild halls for things they could do freely before the update, with no personal options (aka: Personal Housing using the same kind of system).

Now that I’ve had time to recover and give the expansion more of a test, I’m going to rate it 3/10.

8/10 for the elite specs and central Tyria masteries.

2/10 for the chagnes to guilds, guild halls, dungeons, fractals, and so on. While I do like guild halls as a concept, the damage to so many guilds and the insane costs to regain what was lost or place even basic decorations shows a painful disconnect between the developers and the game.

2/10 for the HoT zones, and the general feel of the new content (including story). Lots of great ideas, burdened with lots of horrible execution. The shift of the open world to something much less casual also earns it a huge downvote from me. I’d be tempted to rate this part higher if it was more optional/avoidable, but the conclusion of the story that carried us here is locked behind all of this. As it is, I’ve still not bothered to get to the end of the story here, and I’m not sure if it’s worth the effort to ever do so.

That’s the biggest disgrace of this expansion – the story. It’s thin and rushed.

It’s awful. And Guild Wars has always been about Lore and Story – now they’ve completely ruined that.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: Snake Antelope.9583

Snake Antelope.9583

been playing gw since factions.. 1st post ever to the forums.

i won’t rehash all the things that have been said..

so 2/10

as a casual player.. i like the new class and legendary tracks. the rest of the expansion is a giant ball of frustration and nonsense.

/2cents

edit: i’ll give it a 3/10.. forgot about the raids.. that i like as well.

(edited by Snake Antelope.9583)

Posted by: Tanstaafl.9481

Tanstaafl.9481

3/10
The graphics are great and I like the layered zones with gliding. The zones, too populated with mobs to enjoy those graphics. Not that they are too difficult, just too many so you have to keep going right past anything that may look interesting. If I want to keep running, I will jog outside in the real world.

Mastery points needing two or more people for the most part is also questionable. Once the story line is finished, doubt I will be back there unless I feel an urge to glide.

A lot of people in the guild are not playing in there either and I don’t think they are very happy with the WvW changes, I don’t play so no opinion.

Artemis Branch – Human Warrior, Raflatac – Charr Warrior, Schmazz – Asura Warrior.
I like warriors, so sue me.

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

0/10
Exp grind for masterys
Raids – never should of been in this game
LEGENDARY ARMOR RAIDS ONLY ! kittenING BULLkitten
Dungeon nerf
fractal nerf
Event timers on new maps
New map navigation
probably tuns i am forgetting atm all around HUGE FAIL unless you are looking for hardcore players who only log into raid days and want to get rid of all the casuals

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

The game changed with the expansion. I am slowly getting back into WvW but I have had a lot of fun in the HoT maps.

7/10 It would be higher if the WvW suited my play style, but such is life.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Initial impression was around 7 or 8, dropped to around 4/10 now that the novelty’s worn off.

I love how beautiful some of the zones are, some of the mobs have interesting mechanics and the elite specs are fun to play. Story rewards have been surprisingly good. There’s some interesting collections to complete that will keep me busy for a while. I like most of the new armour and weapon skins as well.

But…..

Masteries do not feel like progression, just gating. Nothing I’ve unlocked is particularly special, just basic requirements to get things done in the new zones. Getting around is still a bit of a pain. Rushing from event to event to get enough participation points to be rewarded is tedious. I don’t care for the map-wide meta in general (my view might change if this stuff eventually becomes infallible and can be farmed for rewards).

And worst of all, my favourite content has been nerfed to death. I always did stuff in this game between dungeon and fractal runs, but the reward remoal made that content virtually worthless. As a result I’ve been spending more time in the new areas that I truly care to, which just makes the flaws I’ve outlined seem that much worse.

Similar feelings. I’d like to add that I’m a bit confused about how the elite specs have been designed for some classes. For instance, Dragonhunter (my favorite elite spec so far) completely replaces all virtues instead of providing optional ones, which messes up most of my favorite builds. Also, it’s acceptable to have to spend tons of points to level up the elite specs – but why can’t you equip the skills unless the specialization is equipped? You don’t have to equip, say… Honor to use skills from the Honor spec line. It’s a lot like forcing every class to be slightly like revenants.

This kind of messes up my experience of elite specs, which are otherwise nice additions to the game. I can’t say I wanted to farm up group hero challenges in order to scrap my favorite builds, hah.

Maps are kind of pretty, but are also generally unpathable for casual players.

Game keeps crashing on my mid-high spec rig. Witcher 3 played very nicely with few crashes; Guild Wars 2 played with zero crashes until Heart of Thorns came out. Now (even with fully-updated vid drivers, hardware drivers, etc) I’m getting regular crashes and even bluescreens with both 32-bit and 64-bit clients. I’d like to say that it’s not Anet’s fault and be able to fix it up on my computer, but seriously… no fixes have worked and other games work perfectly.

Masteries are okay, although a bit rough on casual gamers. It’s tricky to visibly get anywhere with them when you get maybe 6 hours on a good week… and so long as you’re playing HoT content the whole time.

Can’t say the replacements of WvW (rather than the expansion of it) have been fun at all for me. It’s all very well to add a new map, but to replace the perfect borderlands map entirely was a bit of a slap in the face for someone who fought hard for the Mist Runner title. (I fiercely protected my borderlands with sword, bow, and spirit… and now they’ve been coded out of reach. =/)

On the whole, I’d give it 5.5/10; it’s an expansion of interesting content that has been laced with unnecessary compromises.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

4/10

i still love gw2 and the gw brand, but real disappointed w/ the direction, i’m too big a fan to stop playing, but real disappointed still

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

People either love it or hate it
I give it 8/10, 8 is because new WvW map is horrible for small server which I’m in ^^.

Posted by: Devo.7320

Devo.7320

From what I’ve checked out so far, which I haven’t went deep at all into it, Ill give it a…
3 out of 10, it’s the same zerg lag fest, same events that re spawn every 2 minutes, they forced you to grind, you can’t “play your way,” and the performance is just horrible on the new maps, and they don’t really look all that great, kinda just thrown together.
At least they gave us proper GvG in this expansion, hahahaha…

~~~~~~~~{<-*}> I IZ A BIRDY!

Posted by: EvilPrinceBaron.6205

EvilPrinceBaron.6205

3/10
Just played two hours and didn’t have much fun nor did I feel like I got anything done. I’ve got a lot of time in the game but I’m putting less and less hours into the game since the expansion dropped. The game is starting to feel very grindy. Also only having a single way to get legendary armor is a mistake in my opinion. The reason I was attracted to GW2 in the first place is that you had options on how to get gear/loot.

I bought several copies of GW2 for friends and family last Christmas because it was so much fun. I won’t be doing that for HoT. I’ll still play every once in a while but I no longer consider myself a daily player.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’d like to add that I’m a bit confused about how the elite specs have been designed for some classes. For instance, Dragonhunter (my favorite elite spec so far) completely replaces all virtues instead of providing optional ones, which messes up most of my favorite builds. Also, it’s acceptable to have to spend tons of points to level up the elite specs – but why can’t you equip the skills unless the specialization is equipped? You don’t have to equip, say… Honor to use skills from the Honor spec line. It’s a lot like forcing every class to be slightly like revenants.

This is done to allow ANet to develop more Elite Specs over time, without ever having to be concerned about players finding unanticipated synergy between skills from the new categories — because they will only be able to have one Elite Spec at a time. Not saying I like the idea, but then I liked finding skill synergy in GW. However, it fits in with their design concept of simplification and avoidance of depth in the name of easier balance.

Posted by: Thornum.8607

Thornum.8607

No idea how this thread progressed over the past 10 pages, but I’ll just add my $0.02

Score: Solid 8

I had little playtime thus far, yet (i) I’m enjoying being a Chronomancer; (ii) I love the increased difficulty both in mobs and in pathfinding; (iii) the changes to guild chat and guild members being visible on map are just awesome; (iv) despite my reservations the mastery system does feel like horizontal progression to me (yes it’s sort of grinding, but I get to choose my direction).

I’m guessing there’s still a lot I haven’t seen, but just being able to enjoy the above is already pretty good. I like the way Anet is going with this (especially with regards to the difficulty) and I hope they keep up the good work

Swift.1930

I’d like to add that I’m a bit confused about how the elite specs have been designed for some classes. For instance, Dragonhunter (my favorite elite spec so far) completely replaces all virtues instead of providing optional ones, which messes up most of my favorite builds. Also, it’s acceptable to have to spend tons of points to level up the elite specs – but why can’t you equip the skills unless the specialization is equipped? You don’t have to equip, say… Honor to use skills from the Honor spec line. It’s a lot like forcing every class to be slightly like revenants.

This is done to allow ANet to develop more Elite Specs over time, without ever having to be concerned about players finding unanticipated synergy between skills from the new categories — because they will only be able to have one Elite Spec at a time. Not saying I like the idea, but then I liked finding skill synergy in GW. However, it fits in with their design concept of simplification and avoidance of depth in the name of easier balance.

Ah, okay… if they do come out with further elite specs, I don’t mind the limitations as much. But the fact remains that (for the dragonhunter at least) the elite virtues don’t even synchronize with the basic trait lines properly (I loved my Virtue of Justice refresh on kill build, but Spear of Justice doesn’t work).

Has there even been comment about further elite specs coming out? I’m collecting a lot of spare hero points… but so far not enough to build a full new elite spec.

(This doesn’t mean I like the limitations, but if it’s to allow for more elites I can live with it. Like you, I had a wonderful scrambled collection of GW1 builds.)

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Cyrotek.7019

Cyrotek.7019

@Topic: Around 8/10 at the moment. I love the area designs and even the “gated” parts of it. It feels a little like a Zelda Game. I think the new maps are even better than those boring old ones, where you just run from point to point withhout thinking.

I still have fun, but Iam not hardcore grinding the kitten out of it. I simply do what I like to do at any time.

What I don’t understand is the whining about the elite specs. I had it done on my Revenant when I was in the middle of the second area. Do people expect to unlock it instantly or how Iam supposed to understand it? You even have it nearly entirely unlocked on an old character when you finished the world exploration.

(edited by Cyrotek.7019)

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

I rate it a SOLID 3 out of 10. It’s nothing more than a grind fest that entire maps depend on 50+ people to attempt to complete. Don’t get me started on the BUGS. A year in the making and this is what we get!

Posted by: maxan.7836

maxan.7836

Map design is fun – Content lacking to complete all 6 M levels to progress in the game – Getting massively bored of running around in circles killing same old over and over again which needs quiet a few people so fab when you get a lucky break- Gonna play it for what it is worth for now and hope some changes may be blowing in the wind – If this is the fore runner for future expansions I will give them a miss-

3/10

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

The visual borifications coupled with the removal of loot and XP from quite a lot of event spawns have knocked my own rating down to a 6/10 now, from an 8 or 9.

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Year 1 : Core Game 9.5/10
Year 2 : Core Game 7/10
Year 3 : Core Game 3.5/10
Year 3 : HoT + Core Game 4/10
Year 3 : HoT only 2/10

Year 1 : Core Game Grind level 3/10
Year 2 : Core Game Grind Level 5/10
Year 3 : Core Game Grind Level 8/10
Year 3 : HoT + Core Game Grind Level 10/10
Year 3 : HoT Grind Level 10/10

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

The average “fun”, with some posts omitted because I’m lazy, is 5.12008 with 251 entries. Unless people gave a very clear short answer, I skipped the post. I didn’t want to average out the multi-score posts unless they listed a clear answer. If it was just two numbers, I averaged it out. So don’t beat me if it’s off, I did it just for kicks.

Swift.1930

The average “fun”, with some posts omitted because I’m lazy, is 5.12008 with 251 entries. Unless people gave a very clear short answer, I skipped the post. I didn’t want to average out the multi-score posts unless they listed a clear answer. If it was just two numbers, I averaged it out. So don’t beat me if it’s off, I did it just for kicks.

Haha, nice pickup. So on average, the consensus is that the game is average. Pretty sure vanilla GW2 was all up in the 7s or 9s, but I wouldn’t know because I didn’t have any concerns about the game until the expansion – and that’s when I joined the forums. =P

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

Haha, nice pickup. So on average, the consensus is that the game is average. Pretty sure vanilla GW2 was all up in the 7s or 9s, but I wouldn’t know because I didn’t have any concerns about the game until the expansion – and that’s when I joined the forums. =P

Neither fun nor unfun, right in the middle.
Edit: For the record more angry people on the forums than happy people, so it’s kind of a moot post. But I was curious.

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

As someone who has played since release, it fits nicely into what we’ve slogged through up to this point. I give it a solid 8/10 on fun factor. No doubt it could be better, but it could of been worse. Extremely worse, but in some cases of that it wasn’t just ‘good’ but also ‘impressive’ but almost exclusively on smaller details and QoL.

QoL was once widely what I looked forward to in updates, but HoT was exciting to experience. Very refreshing to have content I can appreciate, quality I can appreciate.

Overall this doesn’t relate to what I’d score the xpac overall, but as for fun, I certainly rate it high. Grind doesn’t effect me, I had ways to bypass it without using ‘exploity’ farms, or grinding the same thing over and over.. I also loved the challenge/depth/frustration brought by traversing the new maps.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Ah, okay… if they do come out with further elite specs, I don’t mind the limitations as much. But the fact remains that (for the dragonhunter at least) the elite virtues don’t even synchronize with the basic trait lines properly (I loved my Virtue of Justice refresh on kill build, but Spear of Justice doesn’t work).

Has there even been comment about further elite specs coming out? I’m collecting a lot of spare hero points… but so far not enough to build a full new elite spec.

(This doesn’t mean I like the limitations, but if it’s to allow for more elites I can live with it. Like you, I had a wonderful scrambled collection of GW1 builds.)

I believe they talked about it when they were discussing the rework of the trait system to the specialization system in the first place.

“We made this system to build upon it, so let the speculation about future specializations begin before we’ve even revealed the first full set!”

That was from https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-two-reward-tracks-and-elite-specializations/

As to Renewed Justice… I seem to remember that modifications to profession mechanics were supposed to treat the new version of a mechanic as if it were the original for purposes of traits that buffed the mechanics. If Spear if Justice is not renewing on kill, it may well be a bug. Try reporting it.

Swift.1930

As to Renewed Justice… I seem to remember that modifications to profession mechanics were supposed to treat the new version of a mechanic as if it were the original for purposes of traits that buffed the mechanics. If Spear if Justice is not renewing on kill, it may well be a bug. Try reporting it.

Yep, I have previously reported it. We’ll see how it goes. I know that the traits affecting the other two virtues work, so hopefully it is just a bug.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Daddicus.6128

The grind for masteries kills most of the fun, and the monstrously difficult and overly-prevalent mobs kill most of the rest of the fun. Couple that with virtually no humans willing to help (including even revives and rezzes), and it’s very bad.

I didn’t even start HoT content until after Halloween, so I’ve been in there maybe two weeks. But, I’m already so frustrated I’m ready to quit it completely. But, I still have to put up with masteries in the old content, and the rewards have been reduced.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure it’s fixable. I’m not sure what they tried to accomplish, but fun was definitely not the end result.

I’m going to change mine to a 1 (barely). The revenant is mostly well-done. (It would be fully well-done except for the fact that you’re useless underwater.)

Swift.1930

I’m going to change mine to a 1 (barely). The revenant is mostly well-done. (It would be fully well-done except for the fact that you’re useless underwater.)

Oh, really? I kind of enjoyed the underwater 2-spam. Infinite forward stabs. Serious carnage. Not to mention torment for days with 1-spam!

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Daddicus.6128

Oh, really? I kind of enjoyed the underwater 2-spam. Infinite forward stabs. Serious carnage. Not to mention torment for days with 1-spam!

Oh, yes, that is kind of fun. But, without a healing skill, you can’t do it for long or in a mob.

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Bee dee, bee dee. bee dee. Fun does not compute.
Bye Buck

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

0 ! ZERO .
I’d give -10 if you allowed it.

Coming back to the game after 3 years… and get this… the time needed to unlock my spec and the masteries thing… is soooooo slow. It’s time confusing for 0 fun. It’s wasting my time. I don’t like PvE. But I’d like to unlock the spec -_-

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

It was fun while the events and stuff were new l. Now it’s just a fat grind. Oh well guess I got my money’s worth.

Posted by: Tavastia.6527

Tavastia.6527

$50 for the privilege to grind for the content you thought you were paying for.

Wish I could get a refund. These dev’s seriously suck. The maps a great looking though.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

It would be interesting if someone tallied all the ratings and made a list of them from this thread. I’m curious what the average rating for HoT would be.

Swift.1930

It would be interesting if someone tallied all the ratings and made a list of them from this thread. I’m curious what the average rating for HoT would be.

There was a tally just a little while ago:

:)

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

There was a tally just a little while ago:

:)

Cool. Thank you. So, the consensus so far is 5 basically. In the middle. Interesting.

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

8/10. I’m loving everything so far except the mastery grind. And the crashes.

Posted by: Patrick.7306

Patrick.7306

1/10 I have Stopped playing altogether now.

Swift.1930

Cool. Thank you. So, the consensus so far is 5 basically. In the middle. Interesting.

It’s curious; I wonder why there aren’t Anet statements or comments being made to the community to try and encourage leavers to stay. Simply silence. It’s all very well and good that the people who love it or simply enjoy it are staying, but there are quite a lot of people actually leaving.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

About a 3. The saving grace for me is that most of my characters have an Angel theme. So the White Feather Wings and gliding is pretty much the entirety of fun for me from HoT. The rest is just gate and grind, gate and grind. Not one HoT map for exploration without a Meta event running. Convoluted maps with actual barriers on timers preventing the flow of traffic and exploration. Then of course Masteries preventing exploration. Speaking and gating, all these new locks, keys, and bags are getting ridiculous to carry around. Between Dry Top, the Silver Wastes, and the four Hot Maps, it’s really ridiculous how much we have to carry around. The economic changes and heavy gold sinks suck away the feeling of getting ahead too. Then of course are the WvW changes….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.