I can't be the only one...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zangtu.8671

Zangtu.8671

So I pre-purchased HoTs Deluxe because you know, I wanted the extra character slot (having a full set of chars) to make room for the Rev. and the goodies to go with… But now the standard comes with a character slot why bother? I mean a practically £25 difference between the two doesn’t warrant the extra in game stuff without the character slot.

So Anet… What’s going on? Do we get something else? or maybe a refund on the character slot that is now a pointless addition to the deluxe…

(edited by Zangtu.8671)

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Do we get something else?

You get two character slots instead of just one.

Zangtu.8671

But why? I have one of every class already on my account… having another on top of the one means I’ll have a slot for a pointless char…

Seems a bit, Meh to be honest, like they don’t think about these things.

Morsus.5106

But why? I have one of every class already on my account… having another on top of the one means I’ll have a slot for a pointless char…

You were willing to pay $75 for everything, and now you’re getting everything plus an additional character slot. I fail to see any problem.

Zangtu.8671

I fail to see any problem.

I have a full set of chars… One of every class at lvl 80. I got the deluxe for the slot for Rev. class… If I have another character slot on top of the one I paid for what am I going to use it for? leveling another class that I already have? Oh how I can’t wait to do that -__-

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Use it for key farming!!! Make all your monies back!!!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Morsus.5106

I have a full set of chars… One of every class at lvl 80. I got the deluxe for the slot for Rev. class… If I have another character slot on top of the one I paid for what am I going to use it for? leveling another class that I already have? Oh how I can’t wait to do that -__-

Key farm or something? Having an extra character slot doesn’t harm you in any way. In the case of a second expansion you will have a 10th slot. Really, there isn’t a problem here.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

The bait is strong in this one.

Zangtu.8671

Key farm or something? Having an extra character slot doesn’t harm you in any way. In the case of a second expansion you will have a 10th slot. Really, there isn’t a problem here.

I know what your saying but it’s a pointless thing to have, if I knew they were adding a char slot to the basic I wouldn’t have wasted my money on the deluxe.

I guess it is just me on this but personally I’ve never been a fan of ‘key farming’ I enjoy the game without doing stuff like this.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

They can’t please everyone at all times. Someone will always get the short end of the stick, in this case it’s you.

Posted by: raven.9870

raven.9870

So I pre-purchased HoTs Deluxe because you know, I wanted the extra character slot (having a full set of chars) to make room for the Rev. and the goodies to go with… But now the standard comes with a character slot why bother? I mean a practically £25 difference between the two doesn’t warrant the extra in game stuff without the character slot.

So Anet… What’s going on? Do we get something else? or maybe a refund on the character slot that is now a pointless addition to the deluxe…

are you seriuos or just troll after a boring day? almost all the comunity complain for have a char slot more,arena net hear us and change finally something,givin us a charslot more and you are complaining because they give it you two?.. you shoud be deleted

Victory at any cost

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Sad to say, but the Deluxe edition really was the worst value. I tallied an estimate and assumed nothing good about it. :\

So I went Ultimate and will sit on a pile of gems until I feel the need to use them.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Zangtu, if you only wanted the character slot, why didn’t you just buy the standard version and then just drop $10/145G on 800 gems? The Deluxe edition costs $15 more than just buying the character slot, and it’s $25 more if you bought the 800 gems with gold…

Also, the key farming plan is actually a good one.

If you really don’t want it though, contact support and request a refund, then buy the standard edition afterward.

Zangtu.8671

Zangtu, if you only wanted the character slot, why didn’t you just buy the standard version and then just drop $10/145G on 800 gems? The Deluxe edition costs $15 more than just buying the character slot, and it’s $25 more if you bought the 800 gems with gold…

If you really don’t want it though, contact support and request a refund, then buy the standard edition afterward.

A friend did point this out to me after I had bought it… I already felt quite stupid but I let it slip for the little extras (I’m a bit of a sucker for the extras)… I guess a refund would work if it is possible after registering and adding the extras to my account or I could try key farming. :/

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

A friend did point this out to me after I had bought it… I already felt quite stupid but I let it slip for the little extras (I’m a bit of a sucker for the extras)… I guess a refund would work if it is possible after registering and adding the extras to my account or I could try key farming. :/

You don’t get any gems from the Deluxe, so all they would have to do is rollback your rewards. You’re not alone in having bought it for the one slot but now only want the smaller version. The little bonuses aren’t that bad though, and key farming is the only reliable way to get all of those darn chests open without dropping hella cash money.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

Do you even realize that the char slot was only 10 U$? .-.

So… do you also realize that if all you wanted was ONLY the char slot, you could have saved 15 bucks, by buying the slot itself, instead of throwing 25$ more into xpac?

Sorry, don’t want to be rude, but this is really not a valid complaint.

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

You still get your glider skin (which for me is a strong incentive to farm gems for deluxe upgrade if i buy HoT), mini, finisher and w/e is in there. And you can never have too many character slots, if only for key farm character, or a mule to hold some stuff.