I can't believe Arena Net did this!!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

They made a really great game that I enjoy being immersed in on a nightly basis. Thank you again for all your hard work and look forward to what you are bringing to the game in the future.

Posted by: tuck.2719

tuck.2719

With all the salt lately on these forums, it’s nice to see a bit of sugar. Thanks!

(Also, I agree.. I think the new stuff is awesome.)

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

The future huh? Well lets see what we can expect. Some outfits, some BL ticket weapons, maybe some minis, a few gliders, probably a few overpriced bundles, overpriced dye kits with poor drop rates, and gem inflation. Oh you meant in the game? Some rehashed holiday events that will probably be full of bugs and not allow us to play as a party to “stabilize pvp”.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The future huh? Well lets see what we can expect. Some outfits, some BL ticket weapons, maybe some minis, a few gliders, probably a few overpriced bundles, overpriced dye kits with poor drop rates, and gem inflation. Oh you meant in the game? Some rehashed holiday events that will probably be full of bugs and not allow us to play as a party to “stabilize pvp”.

And sure enough, someone see the sugar and needs to add salt instead of reading the thread and moving on.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

They made a really great game that I enjoy being immersed in on a nightly basis. Thank you again for all your hard work and look forward to what you are bringing to the game in the future.

+1

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Way to spoil the party.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

+1, Truth!

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

The future huh? Well lets see…. ((RANT CONTINUES…))

Dude… if you only have that shortsighted of a view, no wonder you have such a negative disposition to this game. Sure, it’s gonna have some bugs, because it’s not perfect… but no game is.

The event will be cool, but there will more after that. More expansions which means more maps (hopefully), new stories, new masteries, innovative (albeit, buggy-at-first) mechanics, and so much more.

Enjoy it for what it is. And if you don’t like it, you can always take a break and come back when something about it appeals to you again.

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Enjoy it for what it is. And if you don’t like it, you can always take a break and come back when something about it appeals to you again.

How is that going to happen when those who don’t like it are deemed salty and told to leave? Then you have a forum of people saying it’s great and nothing ends up changing and or the game dies.

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

Nice to see a non-sarcastic, actually nice thread for once. A little appreciation goes a long way.

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

How is that going to happen when those who don’t like it are deemed salty and told to leave? Then you have a forum of people saying it’s great and nothing ends up changing and or the game dies.

There is a difference between not liking something and being salty while not liking something. Most of the posts on the forums lately have been salty posts about not liking something. But really non of this talk should have been brought to this thread, just shows you what a salty posting is.

Glad to see there are others like me who are still on the forums that actually enjoy the game. Yes some things could be changed, but that is the case with any game. I still have found many reasons to log almost 300 hours on my Herald since the expansion released.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Have you missed all the threads on this forum that bring up problems?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

There is a difference between not liking something and being salty while not liking something. Most of the posts on the forums lately have been salty posts about not liking something. But really non of this talk should have been brought to this thread, just shows you what a salty posting is.

Being salty about it makes more of an impression. I go out of my way to be salty, because there’s so much about HoT that’s total unmitigated rubbish. It deserves the saltiness. It deserves worse in fact, but that’s not going to be done to it over a forum.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m on board, OP. I’m having a blast. Thanks for posting this.

Posted by: Drew.7192

Drew.7192

The future.
Entire game including HoT, F2P by end of 2016, current gated content converted to DLC for F2P players. All updates geared towards gem store sales and DLC.

WvW will be replaced by an updated version of EotM factions.

Gw2 sPvP Esports….., was never going to happen.

A declining player base and layoffs, Anet puts the game on autopliot.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The future.
Entire game including HoT, F2P by end of 2016, current gated content converted to DLC for F2P players. All updates geared towards gem store sales and DLC.

Right because there have been so many layoffs already. lol

When a couple of years proves you wrong will you come back and admit it?

Posted by: mattkoko.6029

mattkoko.6029

I agree with what you are saying and I am all for constructive criticism. The keyword there is “constructive.” Here is my problem with a lot of posts in this forum. "The expansion sucks, I don’t like it (some use “we” don’t like it as if they are talking for everyone)" is not constructive feedback. A lot (not all) of the negative feed back is a lot of complaining, but offer nothing as far as what they dislike or how it can be improved. Instead it is just relentless crying and bickering.

Regardless, as a game company, they know they can’t please everyone. Before the expansion, people were complaining the game was too easy and they ran out of things to do. After the expansion, all of the sudden, those people are quiet, and all the people that thought it was fine the way it was are now saying the exact opposite. It is too hard and everything is such a grind. If they really listened to everyone and implemented all of their suggestions, it would be a disaster. Unfortunately, too many people have the mindset of, “if it is not the way I like it, then it sucks and everyone else who disagrees can eat kitten.”
Edit: I actually find it quite funny that the censor of “kitten” sounds worse then what I actually said.

If people were actually nice about it and more respectful and didn’t come in with fists swinging non stop, then there wouldn’t be much of a problem. But as you can see, someone makes a positive thread and 3 posts in, the OP catches crap for it. So much for being nice.

(edited by mattkoko.6029)

Posted by: Manthas.6234

Manthas.6234

I agree with what you are saying and I am all for constructive criticism. The keyword there is “constructive.” Here is my problem with a lot of posts in this forum. "The expansion sucks, I don’t like it (some use “we” don’t like it as if they are talking for everyone)" is not constructive feedback. A lot (not all) of the negative feed back is a lot of complaining, but offer nothing as far as what they dislike or how it can be improved. Instead it is just relentless crying and bickering.

Regardless, as a game company, they know they can’t please everyone. Before the expansion, people were complaining the game was too easy and they ran out of things to do. After the expansion, all of the sudden, those people are quiet, and all the people that thought it was fine the way it was are now saying the exact opposite. It is too hard and everything is such a grind. If they really listened to everyone and implemented all of their suggestions, it would be a disaster. Unfortunately, too many people have the mindset of, “if it is not the way I like it, then it sucks and everyone else who disagrees can eat kitten.”
Edit: I actually find it quite funny that the censor of “kitten” sounds worse then what I actually said.

If people were actually nice about it and more respectful and didn’t come in with fists swinging non stop, then there wouldn’t be much of a problem. But as you can see, someone makes a positive thread and 3 posts in, the OP catches crap for it. So much for being nice.

The expansion lacked a lot of things. A lot of constructive criticism has already been presented . I feel that all the other posts are just the way to support this opinion. And I believe that that’s the best way to give a message that you can’t get away with the expansion like this, without repeating other peoples points already made.

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

;)

Attachments:

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Drew.7192

Drew.7192

The future.

Right because there have been so many layoffs already. lol

When a couple of years proves you wrong will you come back and admit it?

Sure