I hate mini games

I hate mini games

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I can’t emphasize enough how much I hate mini games. I’ve always hated mini games. I don’t mind if they’re optional content, because I don’t ever have to participate. But you’ve locked mastery points behind the mini games. It is extremely frustrating being forced to play mini games. Do not lock player progression behind mini games. They should always be optional content. This was a terrible decision. People who don’t like mini games won’t change their minds because you’ve forced them to play mini games. It only strengthens the dislike.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

All the HoT maps are, essentially, mini-games. Not just Adventures….

I hate mini games

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If the HoT maps are essentially mini-games, what’s the actual game? There isn’t enough instanced content to make a whole MMO.

As to the OP’s point… I liked the game better when ANet didn’t try so hard to make people play every bit of content they put into the game. Progression in vanilla was gained pretty much doing anything you cared to. That seems to no longer be the case. It’s a fine thing to make things in game seem rewarding, but character/account progression is best if broadly gained.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

When I first heard about Adventures, I thought they were going to be more than just mini-games. Not too pleased that they are linked to Mastery Points. Besides the mini-games are pretty disappointing on their own, they are pretty much the poor man’s Activity.

They should have just added a couple more Activities and given them the leaderboards instead.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yeah, not loving it either. Hope they adjust some of these mini games to make the achievements a little less impossible for some of us.

Memorizing YouTube videos to gain success isn’t exactly fun.

Gone to Reddit.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If the HoT maps are essentially mini-games, what’s the actual game? There isn’t enough instanced content to make a whole MMO.

As to the OP’s point… I liked the game better when ANet didn’t try so hard to make people play every bit of content they put into the game. Progression in vanilla was gained pretty much doing anything you cared to. That seems to no longer be the case. It’s a fine thing to make things in game seem rewarding, but character/account progression is best if broadly gained.

Agreed.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Keep in mind that raiding is required if you want all the masteries available.

For most of them, silver should be easy to acquire on your first attempt and gold for a few of them. You only need to memorize a video if you lack the sense to figure something out yourself. The Floor is Lava is the only one that really requires an optimized path for gold.

Progression in vanilla was gained pretty much doing anything you cared to.

Vertical vs horizontal progression. You also do not require all of the masteries and what you do need, you’re given enough of by simply progressing through the game and exploring the maps.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Agreed.

I agree with this also. I preferred more freedom in my game time.

I hate mini games

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Not me! I want more “adventures”! I want to be able to choose between fighting an end boss in a raid OR playing a Tyria-inspired game of Candy Crush™. Oooo Tetris!

And I think we should have some sort of…I don’t know…place where we grow crops and such and we can have our “friends” help us out. Call it the “Place-where-you-grow-your-crops-Ville”.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

I like some of the mini games, but I completely understand why people would hate them. The two I liked were the one that turned me into a beetle and the one where I had to collect scraps in the tentacle pit, I nearly got gold on that one first try, made me feel like I had pro dodge skills I guess… but it was very exciting.

But I hated so many others and a few I tried over and over to just get to silver and failed to get more than a sniff over bronze. I don’t know if I’m doing them wrong or if they require certain masteries, but with mastery points locked behind silver, the tuning might be high. Only time will tell though. Maybe I’m just bad, or doing it wrong, or whatever. I’d hate to look up guides for every single one though, it takes the fun out if it.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Keep in mind that raiding is required if you want all the masteries available.

For most of them, silver should be easy to acquire on your first attempt and gold for a few of them. You only need to memorize a video if you lack the sense to figure something out yourself. The Floor is Lava is the only one that really requires an optimized path for gold.

Vertical vs horizontal progression. You also do not require all of the masteries and what you do need, you’re given enough of by simply progressing through the game and exploring the maps.

Nothing you said is true. Not one bit of it. If you just wanted to play devil’s advocate, then you failed. You do not get enough mastery points just from playing the game the way you want. Not being able to get silver on first try, or gold after a few tries doesn’t mean you’re lacking sense. Choose your words better because that’s insulting. If you don’t know what you’re talking about and just hopped on the thread to disagree, go watch anime or something. You’re clearly bored.

I hate mini games

Ardenwolfe.8590

This kind of backhanded insult earns you no favors. And I challenge anyone to earn silver, much less gold, on adventures like A Fungus Among Us or On Wings of Gold . . . on their first attempt no less.

Keep in mind, to earn both mastery points, you need gold. No one is arguing that Silver is impossible. I am arguing that in order to earn gold on some of them, you need to all but memorize the path and patterns.

I guess most of us ‘lack the sense’ to know how to do something and earn a reward the instant we first attempt it. Silly, I know.

That said, there’s a reason the word ‘elitism’ is being thrown around on the forums these days.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

I hate mini games

IndigoSundown.5419

Whether it’s vertical or quasi-horizontal is irrelevant, the system is more restrictive, and the game is continuing to move in that direction.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Fallen Masks is going to break my keyboard pretty soon.

It’s so unfair to non-american players.

I hate mini games

Ardenwolfe.8590

Just tried that one an hour ago. I barely made it to silver after more than few tries. Ironically, I watched Dulfy try it too while I was there. I’m assuming she’s recording it for another guide.

After three days, I finally managed to get 1:17 with A Fungus Among Us.

Never. Ever. Again.

Gone to Reddit.

I hate mini games

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

So don’t do them? While I’ll admit there are some horribly frustrating ones, there are also a few anyone can get gold on the first try. You don’t need all the mastery points in game right now to max out all your mastery lines. You should have enough by just doing the easy ones tbh.

I hate mini games

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

Locking new skins for elite professions, that they been hyping for half a year, behind silver in these mini-games was really really awful move. I cannot stress enough how i loathe this things, after wasting so much time trying to get silver over and over again and raging in frustration.

I hate mini games

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I nearly broke my keyboard in Fungus Among Us due to the skill #2 not working properly. Very very annoying, and frustrating. The race itself is fun though. But implementing jump n run mechanics into an MMO is problematic. Ever played a super mario? That’s the responsiveness I look for.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

I hate mini games

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

The thing that strikes me most about the mini-games (adventures) is that they are not some relaxing content to “take a break”. Mini-games pre-HoT (activities) always had that feel and to me that is how it should be.

Yet by making gold a de facto requirement to progress masteries past a certain level, it feels forced onto the playerbase (or at least the little part of it that is me).

I hate mini games

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

After three days, I finally managed to get 1:17 with A Fungus Among Us.

Never. Ever. Again.

How the F do they think this is fun???

I hate mini games

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

If I wanted Nintendo games, I’d play on the Nintendo.

Anet just loves to require you to play all their game areas to earn the neat weapons & armors. These ‘adventures’ are neither adventurous or entertaining to me, but they have to be tolerated to get the things I actually want.

Its nuts how far they go out of their way to make people do things they don’t find fun to earn the trinkets they want.

SBI

I hate mini games

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Not me! I want more “adventures”! I want to be able to choose between fighting an end boss in a raid OR playing a Tyria-inspired game of Candy Crush™. Oooo Tetris!

And I think we should have some sort of…I don’t know…place where we grow crops and such and we can have our “friends” help us out. Call it the “Place-where-you-grow-your-crops-Ville”.

If they were completely optional…meaning just for fun (if you find that type of activity fun)…then yes. I personally do not find candy crush, tetris, or any mini game activity to be fun. What I find fun is the core content of GW2…which does not include mini games. I have no problems with the existence of these mini games. What I do have an issue with is ANET locking core GW2 content behind mini games. I don’t appreciate them blocking character progression behind these mini games. My character is not fully functional until I complete all the masteries. There will be places I can’t reach without leyline gliding. I will be missing out on conveniences like auto area loot and movement speed in major cities. I will be vulnerable to chak acid. I’m sure there are other parts of the content I paid for with the expansion…that I will also miss out on if I don’t cave into the pressure and complete these mini games. I wouldn’t mind them as much if they were the same type of content/mechanics as the rest of GW2.

I personally think ANET needs to add additional sources of mastery points and mastery experience to the maguuma areas. These areas are going to die once players have gotten their masteries and achievements completed. I know they have this absurd aversion to dungeons, but they need something that players actually want to repeat…that does not involve zone wide coordination and up to an hour of this zone wide coordination. I originally thought adventures would be this content…until I played the first one and just realized they were mini games instead. If they invested any amount of focus group testing…they would have scrapped these current adventures before launch.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

If they were completely optional…meaning just for fun (if you find that type of activity fun)…then yes. I personally do not find candy crush, tetris, or any mini game activity to be fun. What I find fun is the core content of GW2…which does not include mini games. I have no problems with the existence of these mini games. What I do have an issue with is ANET locking core GW2 content behind mini games. I don’t appreciate them blocking character progression behind these mini games. My character is not fully functional until I complete all the masteries. There will be places I can’t reach without leyline gliding. I will be missing out on conveniences like auto area loot and movement speed in major cities. I will be vulnerable to chak acid. I’m sure there are other parts of the content I paid for with the expansion…that I will also miss out on if I don’t cave into the pressure and complete these mini games. I wouldn’t mind them as much if they were the same type of content/mechanics as the rest of GW2.

I personally think ANET needs to add additional sources of mastery points and mastery experience to the maguuma areas. These areas are going to die once players have gotten their masteries and achievements completed. I know they have this absurd aversion to dungeons, but they need something that players actually want to repeat…that does not involve zone wide coordination and up to an hour of this zone wide coordination. I originally thought adventures would be this content…until I played the first one and just realized they were mini games instead. If they invested any amount of focus group testing…they would have scrapped these current adventures before launch.

Well said ODB, my thoughts as well.

They should be optional, and yeah I hate them.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Ibbydibby.1238

Ibbydibby.1238

Fallen Masks epitomizes the frustration of putting things behind mini games. There is not enough time to locate, jump, etc. and get anywhere near silver. This mini is horrible, period.

I have given up on the reapers great sword and the revenants shield because they require mini games that just are just awful.

I hate mini games

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Placing masteries behind game gates is annoying. I probably will NOT finish all of them because I hate to be pressured into doing something I dislike.

We need alternative options. As far as I can tell, this new GW2 setup does not match up with what I loved when I started way back in beta. We at least enjoyed different things for the same rewards. Not so any longer.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I had to get silver on Fallen Masks to get my Reaper’s GS and that cause way to much grief and it was in NO WAY fun. Raging frustration is the primary response to many of the adventures due to the bar being set to high on some which prevents reasonable efforts to complete your masteries. Bronze and Silver should be mastery worthy with Gold reserved for titles or something like that.

Even some of the Silver bars need to be lowered even if they did lower the mastery levels.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If I wanted Nintendo games, I’d play on the Nintendo.

Bingo.

I wonder how well a platforming game would do if significant elements of progression were gated behind deep character development style writing and role-play.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

Just practice for more than 5 minutes instead of giving up? That’s how you get good at video games. Fallen masks silver is not even hard, I got it on my 2nd try at the minigame, with plenty of mistakes.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

This kind of backhanded insult earns you no favors. And I challenge anyone to earn silver, much less gold, on adventures like A Fungus Among Us or On Wings of Gold . . . on their first attempt no less.

Keep in mind, to earn both mastery points, you need gold. No one is arguing that Silver is impossible. I am arguing that in order to earn gold on some of them, you need to all but memorize the path and patterns.

I guess most of us ‘lack the sense’ to know how to do something and earn a reward the instant we first attempt it. Silly, I know.

That said, there’s a reason the word ‘elitism’ is being thrown around on the forums these days.

Silver on a first attempt has been completely out of reach for me except for the Salvage Pit. That’s the only one.

From people I’ve talked to that actually like these games and are good at them, they didn’t get silver on most of them their first time through, either, so I’m seriously doubting that this is particularly common.

I hate mini games

Solid Gold.9310

Just practice for more than 5 minutes instead of giving up? That’s how you get good at video games. Fallen masks silver is not even hard, I got it on my 2nd try at the minigame, with plenty of mistakes.

AWWW I can’t even get bronze on that one.

I don’t like platformers, I can get those on my phone if I want to, trouble is I’m bored before I even start.

These so called “Adventures” are not MMO content, I want to do MMO stuff.

I hate mini games

Posted by: BrbTea.3805

BrbTea.3805

Why are GW2 players always so whiny? No-one forces you to play this part of the game, you get more than enough MPs to get the most important masteries without playing adventures.
If you want to max everything in order to get for example a legendary, well you should be prepared to work on yourself and do it. Even when you do not particularly enjoy doing that, think about what you want to achieve.
Is it worth it? Then go for it.
Is it not worth it? Don’t get it and stop complaining. After all it is your decision to not make an effort.
I do not say that I am particularly enjoying the mini games (some I do, others I don’t).

Did I want to smash in my screen several times while doing A Fungus Among Us? Yes I did.
Did I want to smash in my screen several times while doing Sanctum Scramble? I sure as kitten did.
Is it extremely annoying that I only have a time window of about 5 minutes between certain adventures becoming available and the meta event? Yes it is.

Fact is, however, I want my stuff and I am prepared to work for it, even if it is annoying at times. Because I am a grown up. If I didn’t want something special in return I wouldn’t do it. And finally achieving it in the end will be all the more rewarding seen the difficulties I had to overcome to get it.

If it was necessary to have gold on every adventure I would consider this too hard. But this isn’t the case. Work on those you consider doable. Will I be able to get Sanctum Scramble Gold? Not without slashing my PC to pieces with an axe. But there are plenty of other MPs available to unlock everything. So I focus on those instead.

To conclude: do you want to get rewarded? Work for it! If what you want is not worth it, don’t do it, it’s as simple as that.
I for example am currently not running Raids as I cannot be kittened doing it with PuGs atm. But that is fine, because I am a grown-up and stopped whining about computer games a few years ago.

I hate mini games

Solid Gold.9310

Why are GW2 players always so whiny? No-one forces you to play this part of the game, you get more than enough MPs to get the most important masteries without playing adventures.

Now you know that’s not strictly true don’t you.

And as for you don’t need to max everything out, yes I’d like to max everything out, as will a lot of other players, however I don’t want to have to do it playing stupid “Adventures”.

You can tolerate the mini games and force yourself to do them, good for you.

People are not “whining”, they are providing feedback for ArenaNet, if we didn’t provide feedback ArenaNet could just blunder on adding more and more rubbish content blindly.

People have their views and opinions, respect that.

I hate mini games

BrbTea.3805

People are not “whining”, they are providing feedback for ArenaNet, if we didn’t provide feedback ArenaNet could just blunder on adding more and more rubbish content blindly.

People have their views and opinions, respect that.

This is bad, fix it, this is too hard, fix it, I do not want to play that, fix it, is hardly any useful feedback. And unfortunately this is about everything anyone ever posts on these forums. Raids? Too hard. Meta? Broken (as is PvP). Too many collections. The core game is free now, even though I payed for it before, that’s not fair.

I am aware of the fact that feedback is needed. But 98% one can read in here are merely complaints/rants. Hardly anyone actually gives useful structured feedback, let alone some constructive criticism, hinting an idea on how to solve the problem.

I hate mini games

Ardenwolfe.8590

Let’s keep in mind that the game is supposed to be fun. Not a struggle with frustration. Any time you wanted to punch your screen in frustration, that should’ve told you something was wrong.

We pay ANet to be entertained . . . not annoyed and frustrated with content.

The reason why your hearing ‘whines’ and ‘complaints’ is because people still want to play and enjoy the game. The moment the forums die of this, it means it’s over. People have given up and stopped playing to play or do something else.

And believe me . . . complaining it better than dead silence for any MMO company.

Gone to Reddit.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

I got gold on Wings of Gold at the first try with over 1min left without a video, it’s one of the easiest adventures alongside salvage pit…

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

I hate mini games

BrbTea.3805

All I am trying to say is that most of the feedback around here is unsubstantial and does not provide exploitable information other than the fact that most people don’t want to work for achievements anymore. Which curiously takes away the meaning of achievement.
There is still plenty of enjoyable content around (and I doubt anyone has ever done everything) which is why I really do not understand all the fuzz.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

That’s complete rubbish. Progression was gated behind gold. That’s all you needed and it was the saddest thing ever.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

so do i, i’m hating alot of things in game now anyway

gaem not made for mi
===========

I hate mini games

Ardenwolfe.8590

I got gold on Wings of Gold at the first try with over 1min left without a video, it’s one of the easiest adventures alongside salvage pit…

You missed the point, but I’m not surprised either. Replace Wings of Gold with Sanctum Scramble if it helps you see the point better.

All I am trying to say is that most of the feedback around here is unsubstantial and does not provide exploitable information other than the fact that most people don’t want to work for achievements anymore. Which curiously takes away the meaning of achievement.

And you too are wrong. Perhaps you need to reread the thread and posts where people like myself spent three days trying to get gold on an achievement. How about the guy who wanted to punch his screen and keyboard because of it?

Again, keep in mind the game is supposed to be a form of entertaining. In most cases, a relaxing one after work or school. I’m not saying give it away, which we’ll see for Wintersday achievements, but I am saying make it more accessible for those that don’t want to push a boulder up a hill.

The fuss is that the game used to be quite fun and relaxing overall. Now it’s meta after meta on repeat with areas and achievements gated behind the failure or success of the zerg.

And once the zerg moves on from a zone? You’re pretty much screwed if you weren’t on the initial rush train.

This was not the case in the mainlands, and that set a standard in the minds of the community. HoT pretty much made that extinct in the expansion.

It’s a huge reason for the ‘fuzz’ you’re hearing and reading.

Gone to Reddit.

I hate mini games

BrbTea.3805

And you too are wrong. Perhaps you need to reread the thread and posts where people like myself spent three days trying to get gold on an achievement. How about the guy who wanted to punch his screen and keyboard because of it?

That guy was me.
Which tells me you either did not read or did not get my post (which is basically the same).
Because my statement clearly is that even though if I do not consider adventures the most fun part of the game (even though some are, plus they give a nice change to everyday gameplay, as such I appreciate them a lot as they force you to adapt to an entire new environment and challenge), they are a nice change plus a challenge. And they are optional (as in you do not need to complete all of them to have a decent gaming experience).
If however you want everything in the game I do not understand the problem in working for it and improving your skill in order to achieve that.
Because you can still play relaxing content about anywhere else. Did I ever come back to do a ridiculously easy Adventure? No, because it is not challenging.
But I sure will come back for the more challenging ones where I did not yet achieve Gold Status (as my poor patience allows it).

Sidenote:
I dislike JPs in general because I am not particularly good at it and do not have a mesmer that would help me stop doing the same passage over and over again.
Now Sanctum Scramble was plain horrible for me, a timed JP with limited access.
But why would I call for making it easier if the problem clearly is myself? (others are well able to do it)
This would take away any worth attached to it and you would forget about it the day after.

Anyways, I wanted it to do anyway, because I wanted to succeed.
So I worked on it for 3 or 4 days and eventually succeeded. Because if you are willing to practice you will succeed.

And once the zerg moves on from a zone? You’re pretty much screwed if you weren’t on the initial rush train.

This was not the case in the mainlands, and that set a standard in the minds of the community. HoT pretty much made that extinct in the expansion.

It’s a huge reason for the ‘fuzz’ you’re hearing and reading.

I do agree with you on general Meta-repetition necessity (even though I think it is a nice change to the standard Zerg-activities in “Core”-Tyria that are Worldboss-Farming, SW, etc.)

I hate mini games

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

It’s the combination of the mini games being a) gates to specialization weapons, b) non-mmo type play (fps style, really?), c) gates to mastery points where silver is required to get full mastery for at least some of them and d) time gated on availability that has people so annoyed with them.

For example. I don’t like fps shooters. And I hate the action camera. But I’m willing to work through shooting gallery to get to silver.

However, that means getting in a map with the meta done, at the right time of day, and having a limited amount of time to get my practice in. That alone is the most annoying thing to me about them. If you are going to gate stuff I want behind them, at least give me a chance to play them when I have time…

I hate mini games

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

There is still plenty of enjoyable content around (and I doubt anyone has ever done everything) which is why I really do not understand all the fuzz.

This whole issue is apparently flying completely over your head. It has been explained repeatedly, why we do not like these mini games (substantial). There have also been multiple posts with solutions (exploitable information). You just decided to come here and throw a few insults with your opinion you already had formed as soon as you read the thread title. This issue has nothing to do with achievements. I’d wager the majority of the posters who do not like these mini games…could care less about the achievements from getting mini games done. It has repeatedly been expressed that the issue is the mastery points and collections being locked behind content we do not enjoy in the slightest. I’d wager the posters here also don’t have any issue with working through difficult content either….so long as its content they actually like. I enjoy raids, fractals, world boss events like Teq, I even enjoy map meta chains. No issue with whatever difficult content…so long as its not dumb and irritating content that doesn’t even fit the game. You just decided to make a completely baseless assumption, that was not even on topic…and run with it. This has nothing to do with other content being available. It has everything to do with the scarcity of mastery points and blocking collections. If that “plenty of enjoyable content” had maguuma mastery points, then this wouldn’t even be a discussion. This is a completely obvious and intentional move to pressure/force any player that is remotely interested in completing their character/getting a legendary/etc….into doing these mini games. They clearly know that players do not want to do them…that players do not enjoy them…which is the only logical reason for them to make mastery points scarce enough that we have to do mini games to have enough mastery points. That is the issue, not laziness, not unwillingness to work towards and achievement, not whining….it is dissatisfaction with the product. When a customer is dissatisfied with a product…they provide feedback/complaints….which is exactly what is happening here.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Most of the feedback is very substantial.

Many people don’t want any kind of progress of any other aspect of the game locked behind “adventures”.

That’s all. All the rest is just obfuscation caused by people who have gotten it into their heads that something they write could change that desire.

I hate mini games

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Imagine u doing mortal kombat arcade mode, and after win all challenges and montaro, instead of fight shao khan as final boss(using skills that u already have learned in game), u have to win a soccer match and make 10 points against brazil or germany football team, or a tennis match. Its same feell the ppl who arent into donkey kong games, when playing a mmo and theyre forced into those adventures.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

I hate mini games

BrbTea.3805

When did I insult anyone? People like to complain a lot on here, I do not remember this from GW1. While some actually do give a good presentation/analysis/recommendation of their problem, most will just complain about difficulty/whatsoever and cry “I paid for this”. If you count yourself to the first group (even though I can feel the rage flowing through your post), do not consider yourself “insulted” by me.

OPINION
I personally think a big part of the GW2 player base is a never satisfied bunch of spoiled brats and it hurts me to see how ungrateful a big part of the forum community is towards the developers of this game, seeing it is however the one game we all enjoy playing and spend our time with.
/OPINION

Back to topic:
How is it substantial to say you do not like mini games because they are not “what you think GW2 should be”?

Concerning the “Adventures block my content because they give mastery points”

True, BUT:

Let’s take a look at how much they actually “block” the content you paid for.

133 MPs available total
114 MPs necessary to max HoT masteries

15 Adventures = 30 MPs total

Meaning that if you do not touch ANY adventure at all, you can still get all Masteries except ONE.
Which is already pretty nice. (The only content locked to you in that case would be the ability to gather aurillium from ore nodes in Auric Basin or use Adrenal Mushrooms, all of which are everything but essential to the game).
Anyways, if you just choose to do certain easy ones you get REALLY close to unlock your content.

Example:
Salvage Pit (you basically cannot fail gold on the first try) – 2 MP
On Wings of Gold (easy as hell) – 2 MP
-> these two are basically a gift to you.

Ley-Line Run (silver is really easy, gold should be doable after a few tries) – 1 MP
Beetle feast(silver is really easy, gold should also be doable rather easily once you have got speed boost mushrooms) – 1 MP
Drone Race (really easy, too) – 2 MP

Which boosts you to 111MPs total (113 with a little practice, less than 20 mins each I guess). Of 114 needed.
Do you think 3 more silver rewards are that much of a barrier to the “content” you do not want to be blocked out of?
Easy to get silver:
Flying Circus(even gold is easily doable after 4-5 runs)
Bugs in the branches
The Floor is Lava(tried gold, gave up on it after a while to prioritize other MPs first) Tendril Torchers(gold is tricky but doable with practice)
Fallen Masks (do not yet see how to achieve gold, thus not doing it atm)

Others I have not yet tried (Scrap Rifle Test, Haywire Punch-o-Matic) or consider extremely hard and annoying (A Fungus Among Us, Sanctum Scramble).

Anyways, you clearly do have any possibility to “unlock” the “content”.
Is that so hard that it needs a fix?
Or should the GW2 team focus on more important business?
(Requirement to fail events, which can cause antagonization between players, overall META-Adjustments, bugs, useless time gates, just to name a few).

Long story short: it is all but hard to do these few adventures necessary to max the last of your masteries. If you do require help on one of those I considered rather easily doable, contact me in game I will be happy to help you if I have time. (I too am but a casual player).

Concerning the inconvenience of blocked adventures: I do agree that it is unfortunate that for some events the meta is disturbing when trying to improve on an adventure. However, for some META-Events it is as crippling when a bunch of players on the map (yes, I am talking about TD) decide not to join the META event, which can make the event entirely impossible (TD).
Now you tell me what should be the right way to go here. (Easiest solution to that conflict of interests would be to instance adventures/make them available from GH, but I guess that would take a lot of programming).

Merry Wintersday.

I hate mini games

Solid Gold.9310

Snip

We get it, you can tolerate them and think a lot of them are easy.

Some of us hate them.

A lot you say are easy to get gold, I can’t get bronze.

“After a few tries”, “20 minutes”, no thanks, the hatred is deep.

I hate mini games

Ardenwolfe.8590

That guy was me.
Which tells me you either did not read or did not get my post (which is basically the same).

You are fully aware I did that on purpose, aren’t you? Maybe I should add /sarcasm next time. Either way, if you or anyone else feels the need to punch anything because of something in the game, it’s a bad thing.

But like the others, I see the wheel on this bus will just spin round and round, and I’d rather chase Wintersday achievements now than continue this discussion.

Happy Wintersday.

Gone to Reddit.

I hate mini games

Posted by: Marcarus.5012

Marcarus.5012

It’s already been mentioned but I’ll post again that tying Mastery Points to to Adventures is a bad idea. They are not fun and shouldn’t be required. If aspects of the game I don’t enjoy are going to be forced on me, I won’t continue playing long term.

I hate mini games

IndigoSundown.5419

That’s complete rubbish. Progression was gated behind gold. That’s all you needed and it was the saddest thing ever.

Progression in vanilla was leveling and gaining skill points to unlock skills. It had nothing to do with gold.

I hate mini games

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I like the concept of adventures, but I think a bigger mix of actual encounters and minigames is called for. Adventures are essentially the GW2 equivalent of GW1 challenge missions. The majority of challenge missions were still built around the idea of high score tables and repetition to refine a run, but with only a few exceptions they were still pve encounters in which you used your characters, builds, and skills. They were just designed in a fashion where you had scaling rather than binary objectives.

I actually like the adventures, but we need more adventures in which we get to use our meticulously designed builds and equipment than adventures in which we just get some random transforms.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ