I have the gw2 already

I have the gw2 already

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

So if u buy HoT, what will i get? 2 Accounts? Refund and only buy the xpac?

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

If you already own gw2 you will get just hot.

I’m not sure if it’s still going on but if you bought gw2 within 6 months they’ll refund you if you hot.

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

I’m not sure if it’s still going on but if you bought gw2 within 6 months they’ll refund you if you hot.

I bought it at beta :/

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I bought it at beta :/

Anet stated for hot and all future expansions it will be the expansion plus base games. Price is what it is

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

If you’ve owned the game for long enough you’ll get an extra character slot. But yea, you’ll only get HoT.

Jesusmancer

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Eh… this… sorry this has basically been discussed to death, with lots of shouting. But maybe you weren’t around then.
Anyway, most MMOs tend to have a massive decrease in the price of their base games, and / or previous expansion whenever a new expansion comes out. This is because you often must have the base game and other expansion in order to play the newer content (think WoW, you need the base game and all expansion to play the newest content). This is a barrier to entry. ANet decided that they’d rather remove the barrier to entry all together. So instead of making the base game say $5, they decided to add it for free. No barrier to entry. New players don’t have to worry about having previous version, one price, one game and you’re good to go.

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

If you’ve owned the game for long enough you’ll get an extra character slot. But yea, you’ll only get HoT.

But only if you pre-purchase. You dont get kitten if you pre-order or buy at or after release!

A lot of players have stopped complaining cos they got their character slot. But some of us are still not happy because even with it, we are not getting our money’s worth!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

But some of us are still not happy because even with it, we are not getting our money’s worth!

That’s, like, your opinion man.

Value is different for different people. I don’t feel that other games you pay a monthly fee give me my moneys worth and yet millions of people feel differently. So while you don’t think the expansion is worth the money, and you aren’t alone, there are plenty of people that feel they are getting their moneys worth, and they aren’t alone either.

tl;dr Decide for yourself if the expansion is worth $50 or not because no one else can for you.

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

But some of us are still not happy because even with it, we are not getting our money’s worth!

That’s, like, your opinion man.

Value is different for different people. I don’t feel that other games you pay a monthly fee give me my moneys worth and yet millions of people feel differently. So while you don’t think the expansion is worth the money, and you aren’t alone, there are plenty of people that feel they are getting their moneys worth, and they aren’t alone either.

tl;dr Decide for yourself if the expansion is worth $50 or not because no one else can for you.

Pretty much the best post ever.

At this point I’m not sure we have enough info to determine if the expansion is worth it or not, unless you’re like me and you’ll buy it anyway to continue the story and get a guild hall for the guild.

However, between masteries, the guild hall and the new story, it’s already worth $50 to me.

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I don’t get why the extra char slot is for prepurchase only though. Vets who buy the expansion should get a discount, regardless of it being prepurchase or not. I get the philosophy behind it (getting more prepurchases) but it’s still not fair really.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Kind of hard to ‘get your money’s worth’ when you haven’t gotten much to begin with as far as the expansion goes. Well . . . other than promises of more to come later. Still, seeing how this is like the third or fourth thread like this in the past week, it’s pretty telling.

I dread the day if the expansion doesn’t deliver. God . . . they better hire a boatload of moderators for the forum. It’ll make Chernobyl look like a Sunday Fish Fry.

Gone to Reddit.

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Its an objective fact that without the prepurchase bonus character slot (which does not apply to preorder or, purchase on or post launch), the new player gets a better deal for the same price than a veteran player.

They are using the pressure of getting a fair deal to get people to prepurchase, i am not okay with that as a bussiness practise. My money should get me atleast just as much value when i buy HoT on launch as someone who didn’t spend the past 3 years supporting GW2.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Tskales.2804

Tskales.2804

Easily the lamest move Anet has made to date.

We should be able to just download the expansion, but no they have to be greedy.

“I’m sure glad that A-net is spending the 20 minutes or so that it would take to remove
the hobosack on making more important additions to the game.
Like golden pigs for the gem store” – Gern.2978

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

We should be able to just download the expansion, but no they have to be greedy.

Greedy for making a high quality buy once, play forever game with free updates and a payed expansion? Got it.

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

Ye hell, why even pay for internet, they should jsut give it to us for free!! /s

Every prodecut costs money to produce, get over it

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Tskales.2804

Tskales.2804

Greedy for making a high quality buy once, play forever game with free updates and a payed expansion? Got it.

Greedy for charging for something we’ve already paid for.

Ye hell, why even pay for internet, they should jsut give it to us for free!! /s

You’re hysterical.

Nobody is expecting a handout.

“I’m sure glad that A-net is spending the 20 minutes or so that it would take to remove
the hobosack on making more important additions to the game.
Like golden pigs for the gem store” – Gern.2978

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Character slot.

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

You’re hysterical.

Isn’t that basically what you said tho? “We should jsut be able to download the expansion” Kinda sounds to me like you want it a product for free. I could be wrong, maybe you meant something else, but thats how it came across to me. Feel free to clarify if it meant something else.

Also they’re not charging you for something you alrdy payed for, the base game is free , it does not affect the cost of the expansion whatsoever. Even without the added basegame for new players, it’d still be $50

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Kind of hard to ‘get your money’s worth’ when you haven’t gotten much to begin with as far as the expansion goes. Well . . . other than promises of more to come later. Still, seeing how this is like the third or fourth thread like this in the past week, it’s pretty telling.

I dread the day if the expansion doesn’t deliver. God . . . they better hire a boatload of moderators for the forum. It’ll make Chernobyl look like a Sunday Fish Fry.

In the current AAA Industry, a promise is valued as good as a delivery, even if they don’t deliver. Destiny just announced its first expansion, and its all kinds of wrong….

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

There are two scenarios:

1) New player to GW2: $50 = base game + expansion ($10 for base game, $40 for expansion) Before anyone says anything, they have often sold the base game at the $10 figure during sales.

2) Veteran player to GW2: $50 = expansion + character slot ($40 expansion, $10 character slot).

So no, you are not being charged for something you’ve already paid for. You get an additional character slot if you are a Veteran player, which is what technically replaces the base game.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

There are two scenarios:

1) New player to GW2: $50 = base game + expansion ($10 for base game, $40 for expansion) Before anyone says anything, they have often sold the base game at the $10 figure during sales.

2) Veteran player to GW2: $50 = expansion + character slot ($40 expansion, $10 character slot).

So no, you are not being charged for something you’ve already paid for. You get an additional character slot if you are a Veteran player, which is what technically replaces the base game.

That’s not really true. Or rather, that is not how Anet presented it. According to Anet there are two scenarios:

1) New player to GW2: $50 = base game + expansion ($0 for base game, $50 for expansion).

2) Veteran player to GW2: $50 = expansion + character slot ($50 expansion, $0 character slot).

In other words, according to Anet the expansion costs 50 dollars. The base game and the character slot are given for free.

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: horndoggy.1423

horndoggy.1423

Sure I’m late but just so I can say that I’ve had my say, I hope the decision makers see this post. I will not be buying the expansion pack as I am being penalized for being an original GW2 game owner. It is not right to pay the same price as someone coming in new and getting the core game also. I have no interest in a character slot (perhaps an equivalent to the cost of GW2 core in gems would satiate some players or simply discount the cost of the core game in the price of the expansion; at least give players options for what kind of discount they want). You have lost a player now, one who has spent a extra money on in game gems also. There is not a single player I play with that I’ve spoken with who plans to continue playing either. In the future we also know now not to be a day 1 purchaser of any ArenaNet product. It’s unfortunate that a bad business decision was made like this that will turn me away from a great game.

I have the gw2 already

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

You’re hysterical.

Greedy for selling expansion for $50, allow new players to access the core for free so they don’t have to buy the core to start. Greedy for free updates for over 2 years, living story season 1 and 2, festivefuls and such where every game out there charge $10 for every dlc.

Those are very greedy actions seriously.

English is my second language, thank you for letting me learn a different meaning of GREEDY.