I miss this game

I miss this game

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

played every day since beta and now I cant get myself to even log in. I havent played since about 4 months after HoT came out.

I never thought id say this but the lack of upgrades is annoying. My characters have been wearing the same gear so long I cannot get myself to log in and find any goals to accomplish. I look at the lil desktop icon and think of my guildmates and friends but I have no drive to play this game and havent touched the living story yet either

I miss this game

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

played every day since beta and now I cant get myself to even log in. I havent played since about 4 months after HoT came out.

I never thought id say this but the lack of upgrades is annoying. My characters have been wearing the same gear so long I cannot get myself to log in and find any goals to accomplish. I look at the lil desktop icon and think of my guildmates and friends but I have no drive to play this game and havent touched the living story yet either

So what’s the point to your post? I don’t mean to sound rude, but what do you want? Do you want people to convince you that you are missing out on something? If you are not enjoying the game then time to move on, it happens.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

I miss this game

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I never thought id say this but the lack of upgrades is annoying. My characters have been wearing the same gear so long I cannot get myself to log in…

I checked your post history. In one of your last posts you said you are playing WoW now and you realize how much you missed the gear upgrade chase. I suggest you continue to play games with gear progression, at least until you’re bored with endlessly chasing the next gear upgrade. This game isn’t going to switch to it and you’ll never be happy if you’re rating it on a gear grind scale.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

I miss this game

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

horses for courses, GW2 is for those that cannot be bothered with the constant gear race (and all the problems that go along with that) You have had thousands of hours out of this game – that’s amazing value so don’t be bitter, enjoy your other games and pop back later when the new content has built up enough to attract you.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

I miss this game

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

Let me be the first (hopefully not the only) one to say I’m sorry, I feel for you. If it’s any consolation, I’m not enjoying this game at all either. Although not for the same reason, I miss GW2 as well. I never cared for gear or the story, but the possible synergy between experienced players was awesome. As a somewhat newer player, I always respected the old school that made up the kind and helpful GW2 community that once was (in which I’d never count in the forum white knights!). So I, too, am interested to know what you would like to have added in this game, more specifically. Like new legendaries or a more powerful class of gear? Because personally, I’d have stuff removed. A lot of stuff.
Not that it’s up to the likes of you and me.

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

(edited by LoL NooBs.5076)

I miss this game

Azure.8670

Chasing gear isnt important. Thats one of the things I loved about GW2, but at the same time I recognize weaknesses when I see them. When HoT came out I was beyond excited and then after unlocking my classes there was nothing left to do. I have 14 legendaries and over 7000 hours in the game between 2 accounts; its safe to say I far prefer this game over any other MMO I just cannot justify playing this game anymore.

I dont know what needs to be added tbh. I feel like there are no rewards anymore. I would gladly chase skins until the world ended, but so many skins are locked behind the gem store that its just annoying. When they didnt release a full set of legendaries that would a huge blow to me, because regardless of how boring this game became at least I had that but thats gone too.

I miss this game

Azure.8670

To add onto my previous post, I basically havent played in over 6 months or so. I know if I log on right now my warriors gear and set up will be meta (unless a patch changed something, but lets be serious GS is the only warrior weapon) and I will run the same fractals I did 3 years ago.

I love EVERYTHING about this game except for the lack of game there is

I miss this game

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

When they didnt release a full set of legendaries that would a huge blow to me, because regardless of how boring this game became at least I had that but thats gone too.

Well they picked that up again and they released the mace, with promise of more, so it’s not gone it just might take a while.

I miss this game

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

First you say (in the other thread) that you realized how much you missed the gear upgrade chase. You say that “My characters have been wearing the same gear so long I cannot get myself to log in.” Then you say that “Chasing gear isn’t important.” After that you say “I dont know what needs to be added tbh. I feel like there are no rewards anymore.”

It sounds like a case of burnout to me. Play your other games and come back in a year or so. By that time there should be new skins to chase and new storylines to do.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

I miss this game

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

There are tons of MMOs out there that are exactly the same: the level cap is static and once you reach it there isn’t much left to do with your character. And in those MMOs just like this one your options are:

-Keep playing your character(s) anyway
-Make a new character
-Leave

That’s just the way it is.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

I miss this game

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

F2P games are limited in how fast new content can be created, as developing new content is the most time intensive and expensive activity.
WOW can do this because its a sub based game.
Also without increasing the level cap endlessly which just means a continuous gear grind , its tricky to add new content without some other form of incrementing reward system.
Ultimately though all MMOs have a finish point where people will have done everything, and then its time to move on.

I miss this game

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

F2P games are limited in how fast new content can be created, as developing new content is the most time intensive and expensive activity.
WOW can do this because its a sub based game.
Also without increasing the level cap endlessly which just means a continuous gear grind , its tricky to add new content without some other form of incrementing reward system.
Ultimately though all MMOs have a finish point where people will have done everything, and then its time to move on.

Not to mention there are many times people in WoW have complained about a content draught or no new content or content being stale. I can’t think of any MMO that I haven’t seen that complaint about. At least no theme park MMO.

I miss this game

Posted by: Konttu.1642

Konttu.1642

That it exactly how I feel with this game. I liked so many things in this game, so many things that was so well made compared to other mmorpgs. But then on the other hand some important things have been left out that keeps me interested in mmorpg. Gearing for example. When i log in guild wars on my character that has same bis gear i was using over 2years ago, there just isn’t anything left really, only same old jumping puzzles and dungeons which are really un-rewarding.

I miss this game

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I feel the poor kitten gear hase is a really easy way to give you purpose and reward in an mmor and since gw2 doesnt have that its hard to keep motivated i understand you can go for legendaries rare skins or whatever but in the end they are just gloryfied skins that cost much much gold, i dont say taht bad but having gear making you stronger was a great way of keep playing a game.Now i dont say that gw2 needs to ahve a grear treadmill but it need to have some thing that gives a reason for someone to play it for more tahn 2 hours per day just to get the dailies for no real reason other than to get that skin you want.

Tldr skins are fine and stuff but they are not meaningful rewards and players will not stay long term for rewards as such.

I miss this game

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s difficult to marry up saying you have 7000 hours played and yet you say there is a lack of game. There will always come a point where you can do everything that appeals to you. The vast majority of players will have a fraction of your play time and Anet can only churn out so much content.

It’s simply burn out and when a suitable enough amount of content is released, you will likely be back playing again.