I simply don't feel inclined to play HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: elikal.7356

elikal.7356

I dunno exactly why; I used to love GW2 as one of my most fav. MMos ever. And I played a lot, so I have good basis to compare. But somehow I simply did not feel the magic when I returned. Just a few impressions.

First, all skills of all classes have been so completely reworked, that they are kinda beyond recognition. I have 9 max level chars, one in each class, I spent a lot of time to learn and improve, to have best gear and to know the best rotations in my chars, and here it was as if everything I worked to learn was taken away. I know classes are reworked now and then. I went through a lot of changes in my years in WOW. Or EQ2 or LOTRO. But I can not remember ever returning to a MMO and found all classes changed so much, that essentially all I had learned was out of the window.

Now when you start anew, that may not be such a big issue, you learn from scratch. But when you have 8 different max level chars, it is a wall of new learning which simply feel tiresome.

Second, the new WvW Borderlands. OMG. I used to love WvW so much, but this new BL WVW map is just… hilariously bad. It is a friggin maze! In the old map, you could navigate by just looking around. Here, so much walls block my view, so the only way to naviagate that uber complicated map is by opening the map ever 20 seconds. >.<

Finally, the new zone(s).

You know, normally, when I have had no expansions with new zones, there is a feeling like a new world opened to me. Here, I enter the new zone, and from the first plateau there is one small spiral way down. And then a split to a second small spiral way down. Everything feel so crammed and small, so railroaded. There is no feeling of a wide open area, but so many small walkways. And like EVERY SINGLE mob cripples, stuns and pushes me back. And since there are so many small tunnel-ways, I have to fight my way through ALL of them mobs. Added the fact that the classes were so reworked I hardly know anymore what I am doing, I found myself dying all the time! Some group of mini dinosaurs: dead. You cant walk into a corner to pull them there, you can’t walk around them, because the tunnel-like setup prevents that.

And finally the time gating and mastery gating. I think enough of that was written already, but that was like kinda the final nail in the coffin. It just stopped to feel like fun, and seriously began to feel like work. That’s NOT how a good expansion is done. With some good rework, it can one day be a passable expansion. But it will surely never be recognized as one of the great expansions of MMO history.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Some group of mini dinosaurs: dead.

I’m totally with you on this. I hate those pocket dinosaurs. You can’t hardly outrun them, either. They seem to be everywhere in Auric Basin.

Posted by: TGI FRIDAY.6275

TGI FRIDAY.6275

Then don’t. One of the reasons why i enjoy GW2 so much is that I can leave for a few months and come back knowing that my gear is still relevant. If GW2 is not giving you want you want atm you can leave and come back. Simple as that. If you find something else that you enjoy and would rather play that then GW2 loses another player and it falls soley on Anet’s shoulders.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m totally with you on this. I hate those pocket dinosaurs. You can’t hardly outrun them, either. They seem to be everywhere in Auric Basin.

I had trouble with those pocket raptors too.. until recently, when they started ignoring me. Now I walk past them and they just shun me. I literally have to go amongst them and jump up and down to get their attention. Even then they’re only killing me half-heartedly, like they’re not really interesting in their work. What did I do to kitten them off?

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

I found HoT is very addictive and don’t want put it down. The world is beautiful. While I collected a mastery point, I saw a water fall in distance with some clouds or fog in front of it. At that moment a player still flied across the sky. Such a beautiful scene. Flying in canopy is also breath taking.

For pocket raptors, set a fire or other combo fields around around yourself. They die pretty quick.

(edited by Doug Whisper.2465)

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

I dunno exactly why; I used to love GW2 as one of my most fav. MMos ever. And I played a lot, so I have good basis to compare. But somehow I simply did not feel the magic when I returned. Just a few impressions.

You’re not the only one…

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Then don’t. One of the reasons why i enjoy GW2 so much is that I can leave for a few months and come back knowing that my gear is still relevant. If GW2 is not giving you want you want atm you can leave and come back. Simple as that. If you find something else that you enjoy and would rather play that then GW2 loses another player and it falls soley on Anet’s shoulders.

Thats not true any more, your gear may be “relevant” but your character isnt.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

1) Learn to dodge when they attack
2) Avoid them
3) Kill them

You’re not supposed to outrun them or tank them.
It’s what make them a threat. They’re not decorations.

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Opposite reaction here. I wasn’t expecting much at all from HoT. I thought it looked very bland and uninspiring in the lead-up. When it arrived I found it was much, much more to my taste than I’d expected.

I’ve played almost non-stop since it arrived. Normally I play several other MMOs concurrently with GW2 but since HoT I haven’t logged into anything else.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

First of all, MMOs change all the time. If you have nine characters and you expect to come back and still have the same nine characters after a period of time, I’d give up MMOs. Things change in MMOs People insist on things changing, because they get bored of running the same characters month after month. You go away, it’s fine for you when you get back but people who have been playing that same character for years are ready for a change. That’s something you have to adapt to in just about any MMO. The exception would be dying MMOs that don’t update. You would definitely not get many changes in those MMOs.

As for HoT being harder content, it was always supposed to be end game content. So pick one character you like learn it again in the old world and when you have a handle on it move to HoT.

Posted by: Drox.4562

Drox.4562

I don’t mind HoT being harder, what makes me stay away from those zones is how much I crash. Mostly happens during events or bosses when I’m trying to progress my mastery and then I crash and lose all progress. It isn’t fun when this happens so often.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

I went through a lot of changes in my years in WOW. Or EQ2 or LOTRO. But I can not remember ever returning to a MMO and found all classes changed so much, that essentially all I had learned was out of the window.

Seems to me the wholesale changes that took place in WOW with LK, Cata and Pandaria, or the huge class changes that took place in LoTRO with SOM and ROI are just as great if not moreso than in GW2.

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

HoT is a boring grind fest without loot.

Since they destroyed WvW at the same time HoT was released, GW2 has become a sad joke.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

And like EVERY SINGLE mob cripples, stuns and pushes me back.

Truth. It makes playing a melee character nearly impossible when the mob shove/KDs, runs halfway across the map, then runs back with charge/KD enabled. Cripple won’t work, because it either ignores it through breakbar or charges are speed-normalized anyway. It’s made playing my main very frustrating, where my confu-mesmer can waltz in and wreck shop with no problem.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

I haven’t found the mobs too hard in HOT personally. I like the changes to the characters and it really isn’t overwhelming unless you make it that way. The basics of each class is the same, most of the main skills/traits are the same. Yeah there is new stuff, that’s a good thing. Take it one toon one build at a time its not hard.

The new maps are hugely open and explorable.. Have you even trained gliding yet?

I’ve always hated PVE in this game, but I love these maps they are actually fun and beautiful.

I agree WVW was killed by this expansion.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Posted by: Slartibartfast.5416

Slartibartfast.5416

Sounds like you and Anet have parted ways, then… if they appear to be moving in a direction different than what you would like. Fortunately for you, there are several other games out there.

Most of the reasons you stated why you don’t like it are pretty much the reasons why I DO like it. Anet has chosen to shake things up every few months so people don’t just go for the current cookie cutter build and rotation, and have that remain the same for years. I like that they’re mixing things up. It would be incredibly boring for me if I take a year off then come back only to find the same cookie cutter build and rotation haven’t changed at all. Granted, it’s difficult to get rid of zerker because of the dps they output. But all the rotations have changed numerous times for all the classes.

It sounds like you just find it too hard now, and want things to go back to the way they were. It’s an evolving game, and requires that you update your playstyle. This is by design, not accident, on Anet’s part. You may disagree with that design decision, and that’s your prerogative. I happen to like it.

I bind all of my keys to Gravedigger and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming
“I am teh Leetness!” at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

2) Avoid them
3) Kill them

This!

They have almost no health. If they are on you, you kill ‘em. Few seconds of fury and they’re done. Run and they will bring you down!

Piken Square

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

First, all skills of all classes have been so completely reworked, that they are kinda beyond recognition. I have 9 max level chars, one in each class, I spent a lot of time to learn and improve, to have best gear and to know the best rotations in my chars, and here it was as if everything I worked to learn was taken away. I know classes are reworked now and then. I went through a lot of changes in my years in WOW. Or EQ2 or LOTRO. But I can not remember ever returning to a MMO and found all classes changed so much, that essentially all I had learned was out of the window.

Now when you start anew, that may not be such a big issue, you learn from scratch. But when you have 8 different max level chars, it is a wall of new learning which simply feel tiresome.

Second, the new WvW Borderlands. OMG. I used to love WvW so much, but this new BL WVW map is just… hilariously bad. It is a friggin maze! In the old map, you could navigate by just looking around. Here, so much walls block my view, so the only way to naviagate that uber complicated map is by opening the map ever 20 seconds. >.<

You know, normally, when I have had no expansions with new zones, there is a feeling like a new world opened to me. Here, I enter the new zone, and from the first plateau there is one small spiral way down. And then a split to a second small spiral way down. Everything feel so crammed and small, so railroaded. There is no feeling of a wide open area, but so many small walkways. And like EVERY SINGLE mob cripples, stuns and pushes me back. And since there are so many small tunnel-ways, I have to fight my way through ALL of them mobs. Added the fact that the classes were so reworked I hardly know anymore what I am doing, I found myself dying all the time! Some group of mini dinosaurs: dead. You cant walk into a corner to pull them there, you can’t walk around them, because the tunnel-like setup prevents that.

And finally the time gating and mastery gating. I think enough of that was written already, but that was like kinda the final nail in the coffin. It just stopped to feel like fun, and seriously began to feel like work. That’s NOT how a good expansion is done. With some good rework, it can one day be a passable expansion. But it will surely never be recognized as one of the great expansions of MMO history.

Apparently you didn’t play WoD in WoW. There was a total rework of the classes.

Also it sounds like you gave the new zones about 5 minutes b4 you decided it wouldn’t be right for you. That’s what’s called contempt prior to investigation and is sure to keep you in ingorance of the facts. There are open spaces in the HoT maps. You just didn’t get to them. Granted there aren’t all the same empty open spaces that you find in wow, so if you want vast panorama’s everywhere than maybe WoW is better for you.

In wow you had a constant never ending gear grind, here you have account bound masteries which add additional functionality to your character over time. I’ll take what gw2 did over wow any day of the week.

As far as every enemy crippling. First it’s not true (unless you consider in combat speed as a cripple in which case this game definitely isn’t for you). Second, every profession has ways to remove condi’s.

It sounds kinda like you wish this game stayed static over time. No mmo does that. They change over time and evolve. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, but they never stay the same.

Jong.5937

Personally the new maps, game mechanics, the new elites and the new class have made me love relearning what it is to be a guard, ranger(yeah, I know!)/druid, my old L80s, and getting to grips with the revenant. They’ve injected whole new life into all the classes.

The last thing I wanted was to romp through the new content on autopilot, using all my old gear and rotations. IMO changing all this up is one of the best things about HoT.

Piken Square

(edited by Jong.5937)

Jong.5937

HoT is a boring grind fest without loot.

Since they destroyed WvW at the same time HoT was released, GW2 has become a sad joke.

Probably not the right thread for this discussion but as someone who was almost 100% WvW for 2 years I’m busy doing other stuff right now as are most of my friends. I don’t think WvW is dead I just think it’s an endgame “on hold” because, right now, very few of us are at endgame! With elites and masteries we are all back to noobs and working our way up. When we are at endgame again I will be very much back in WvW.

On the changes to WvW themselves, in principle I love the new maps. They need learning, for sure, and they are very different in how they need to be played, but I suspect they will be awesome. The one thing I think Anet did wrong, in glorious hindsight, was to release the new WvW at the same time as HoT. Maybe it should have followed in 3 months, when the players are back and seeking a new challenge?

Piken Square

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m personally so overwhelmed by it all it’s paralyzed me from progressing at anything.

Rauderi.8706

. Run and they will bring you down!

From range 1200!

Yeah, they’re a little bugged, actually. Fortunately, I have a hammer, and they splat pretty easily.

Rolling devils on the other hand…

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

I have never seen any other enemy chase me as far or for as long as the HoT baddies. They have an extra large agro radius it seems.

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

You don’t like it then don’t play it. Allot of us, if not majority of us have liked all the new challenges set. OP’s post sounds like he just does not like leaving his comfort zone. All his complaints sounded like this to me 1.) classes feeling too different which I personally LOVE! Gavin new classes is increadible. 2.) his map complaint which I fully disagree with, these maps have invoked more exploration than any maps in the game for me this far. 3.) mastery hating which I also love. It has go in a seance of progression the game has never had before and this was sorely needed. They should be hard to get as well because they are account bound. You do it once and it’s over forever basically. Why would you not want goals to work for in a game? Beats sittnkng in lions arch. The reason you dont see as many players that love the changes in the forums is because they are in game enjoying it. Most people wanted challenge and goals to strive for( challenging open world / raids and masteries) People who bring complaints come here and that’s fine. But I just feel allot of people poorly judge this expansion, it is a masterpiece and I hope Anet leaves it’s difficulty as it is.

(edited by Arctarius.2649)

Celtic Lady.3729

2) Avoid them
3) Kill them

You can easily use up your 2 dodges and still die, depending on the number on you at the time. Avoiding them is not always possible in some of the narrower passageways. Really, the easiest way for me to deal with them is to AOE them down.

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

I had trouble with those pocket raptors too.. until recently, when they started ignoring me. Now I walk past them and they just shun me. I literally have to go amongst them and jump up and down to get their attention. Even then they’re only killing me half-heartedly, like they’re not really interesting in their work. What did I do to kitten them off?

The smell, mate, the smell … you’ve been in the jungle … for a week? … and how often did your char take a shower?

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

2) Avoid them
3) Kill them

You can easily use up your 2 dodges and still die, depending on the number on you at the time. Avoiding them is not always possible in some of the narrower passageways. Really, the easiest way for me to deal with them is to AOE them down.

Full on attack them.. They have like 2 hp each. Heal when your hp hits Hal or you will die, and do aoes. You sound like that person in the scary movies that just runs instead of punching the villain.

HtFde.3856

And like EVERY SINGLE mob cripples, stuns and pushes me back.

Truth. It makes playing a melee character nearly impossible when the mob shove/KDs, runs halfway across the map, then runs back with charge/KD enabled. Cripple won’t work, because it either ignores it through breakbar or charges are speed-normalized anyway. It’s made playing my main very frustrating, where my confu-mesmer can waltz in and wreck shop with no problem.

Aw, my hammer sword/shield warrior isn’t having any problems with the normal/vet mobs either. Champs and up are different thing.

Celtic Lady.3729

2) Avoid them
3) Kill them

Full on attack them.. They have like 2 hp each. Heal when your hp hits Hal or you will die, and do aoes. You sound like that person in the scary movies that just runs instead of punching the villain.

This makes no sense. I just got done writing that I kill them.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’ve really enjoyed playing on Verdant Brink. Between that and Halloween, I haven’t had any time for PvP or WvW. Once things settle down, I’ll resume those forms of play.

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

I’ve long felt that their games straddle the fine line between challenging and annoying. I cannot stand the obsessive snaring in this game. It ruins it for me. It’s bad enough we magically slow down when running for our lives, then we have to deal with infinite snaring and jerking around while running. It gets old, and quick. I really should have known it’d be a big pain in the kitten after what SW and DT were like.

HtFde.3856

From range 1200!

Yeah, they’re a little bugged, actually. Fortunately, I have a hammer, and they splat pretty easily.

Had one that must have been fathered bei an Aatxe – followed me across half the map, rolling, bumping, rolling. Against those blinds, stability, weakness and blocks work well. Even managed to survive a vet + its offspring solo. Same rule as for raptors: Bypass without aggro or fight – do NOT try to run unless you have a teleport, leap, blink, or whatever to gain a lot of distance fast.

(edited by HtFde.3856)

HtFde.3856

I’ve long felt that their games straddle the fine line between challenging and annoying. I cannot stand the obsessive snaring in this game. It ruins it for me. It’s bad enough we magically slow down when running for our lives, then we have to deal with infinite snaring and jerking around while running. It gets old, and quick. I really should have known it’d be a big pain in the kitten after what SW and DT were like.

Block, dodge, leap, cleanse, stealth, blink … even my Necro hardly ever get’s snared and that’s the lowest end in terms of mobility. Of course – if you want to hit R and then just steer by moving the mouse … well, I agree, that does not work. But it didn’t work in Orr either …

HtFde.3856

2) Avoid them
3) Kill them

Haven’t played since Beta, have you? They HAD like 2 HP, they have quite a bit more today. Surviving a well + 2 damage marks from a full zerker power-necro …

Jong.5937

I’ve really enjoyed playing on Verdant Brink. Between that and Halloween, I haven’t had any time for PvP or WvW. Once things settle down, I’ll resume those forms of play.

Halloween?! Camping , as I am, in Maguuma and mostly diving into WvW for services, I’ve barely noticed it’s happening!

Piken Square

Jong.5937

2) Avoid them
3) Kill them

Haven’t played since Beta, have you? They HAD like 2 HP, they have quite a bit more today. Surviving a well + 2 damage marks from a full zerker power-necro …

Nah, they’re still dead easy to kill provided you stop to engage and don’t wait until you are at 10% health.

Piken Square

HtFde.3856

2) Avoid them
3) Kill them

Nah, they’re still dead easy to kill provided you stop to engage and don’t wait until you are at 10% health.

Depends a bit on the class if they get a go at you first – ever been to raptor lane? 5 groups one after another – easy to kite into a respawn if you’re not familiar with the location and an ele or thief with their low life pools is slightly disadvantaged compared to a necro or a warrior.

But – as has been written before – they seem far less aggressive all of a sudden.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

From range 1200!

You have a hammer

Rolling devils are extremely vulnerable to CC. One cc completely disables them for like five seconds. Don’t bother building up a full adrenaline bar. Grab your hammer, and spam burst, 4, and 5, every time its avaliable. You should be laughing at groups of these guys.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Halloween?! Camping , as I am, in Maguuma and mostly diving into WvW for services, I’ve barely noticed it’s happening!

different strokes.

Jong.5937

different strokes.

Yeah, absolutely. I wasn’t judging. I’ve loved Halloween (and Xmas) in past years. But I wasn’t (totally) joking. I do forget it’s happening, sometimes for days.

Piken Square

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

2) Avoid them
3) Kill them

What you all fighting for ground mounts or something!?

If a person dies and has to waypoint and then run half way across all creation to make it back to the event because Anet in all there wonder and wisdom will literally drop you from an event because your inactive or lets say runnign across all creation to get back to the event. Then the last thing your going to want to do is fight a bunch of pocket raptors and every single mob that takes notice of you while trying to cover that distance.

A person exploring a map will probably and should indeed fight however it’s more than a week since launch and people have destinations, friends, and events there trying to make it too. There are no ground mounts the WP are spread much farther and yet the increased Mob density with tons of CC in addition to narrow corridors makes travel a complete burden.

So no fighting every mob you come across on your way to a destination is unreasonable however Anet deciding to nerf the mobs is also unreasonable in my eyes. So they either need to double the amount of WP’s which wouldn’t make sense lore wise with a dragon who has destroyed the things or add in safe ways for quicker ground travel. A glider doesn’t count for ground travel unless they pull an Aion also they really only matter for Verdent Brink anyway.

Lastly condition builds get wrecked by raptors as I’ve seen it myself. You spread conditions and before they tick your dead then you rally then you die then you rally and then you die then those condi’s kill off another raptors and no more rally your dead for good. Actually quite the sight to see and this happens in a matter a seconds. This matters because play-style for PvP, Raids, and Dungeons is one thing but casual PVE world map content is another and a condi player is better off running or rather has to run and kite anyway so might as well run.

Posted by: Selkirk.4218

Selkirk.4218

2 surprising things about the metacritic reviews.

1) there is little to no middle ground (22 mixed reviews out of roughly 450 ‘reviews’). so people either love it or hate it. that the reactions are so polarized is notable in and of itself. the turnoff factor is very extreme for many gamers.

notes-a note here on the 10 out of 10 zomg reviews…many of these are reactionary in nature. these reviews typically spend at least half of their length insulting the more critical reviewers/casual fans.

and in fact i would say 90% of 10’s aren’t even ‘reviews’ at all just sycophantic ramblings about anet and its glories…much like reading gw2 reddit-these couldnt be the same people writing these fanboi reviews could they? .

2)very strange that the game has so few ‘official reviews’ (only 3 so far). this indicates either a total lack of interest in hot by the gaming press or the game sites are pulling their punches and scared to post a review.

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Classes changed so much? What!! Gw2 classes feel the same just slightly balanced with some specializations added to it, I like it more this way. Play WoW now that’s an mmo that changes classes completely with paladin being an example from wotlk to current paladin.

HtFde.3856

A person exploring a map will probably and should indeed fight however it’s more than a week since launch and people have destinations, friends, and events there trying to make it too. There are no ground mounts the WP are spread much farther and yet the increased Mob density with tons of CC in addition to narrow corridors makes travel a complete burden.

Yup – biting the dust all by yourself can be a bit of a problem. But once you have the shrooms and gliding 2 you no longer walk – learn the maps and where the updrafts are. It still takes time (depoending which waypoints are contested) but it’s pretty safe as long as they do not include flying enemies as well …

HtFde.3856

Lastly condition builds get wrecked by raptors as I’ve seen it myself. You spread conditions and before they tick your dead then you rally then you die then you rally and then you die then those condi’s kill off another raptors and no more rally your dead for good. Actually quite the sight to see and this happens in a matter a seconds. This matters because play-style for PvP, Raids, and Dungeons is one thing but casual PVE world map content is another and a condi player is better off running or rather has to run and kite anyway so might as well run.

Um – no! Neither of my necros (one power, one condi) or my engi (condi) has problems with them. Block + blind are your friends. Check your bar. – you may be missing a few skills. Which class are you having problems with with a condi build?

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Um – no! Neither of my necros (one power, one condi) or my engi (condi) has problems with them. Block + blind are your friends. Check your bar. – you may be missing a few skills. Which class are you having problems with with a condi build?

I said it’s funny to see as in I’ve seen it happen and it is funny it nearly happened me once but I used staff 2 when I rallied.

Also block and blind!?

Are you telling me that you literally altered your builds to incorporate block and blind for one single mob!? No person in any MMO should ever have to alter a build for the sake a single PVE mob.

Posted by: elikal.7356

elikal.7356

I’m personally so overwhelmed by it all it’s paralyzed me from progressing at anything.

Yep. That is a feeling I have just the same. I am overwhelmed and paralized.

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

I know this is your opinion but… did you really play WoW for that long? The sweeping character mechanic changes right before an expansion were WAAAY more extreme than what Anet has done with GW2 before HoT and even after HoT. What’s funny is, I find the class changes to be one of the best parts of HoT. GW2 has largely kept the class mechanics (and meta) stagnant for the past 3 years. Its a relief and a new injection of fun to have new things to try out and master.

Posted by: Gadget.6234

Gadget.6234

If you don’t want to play, then don’t play. It’s not rocket science.

Rauderi.8706

Yup – biting the dust all by yourself can be a bit of a problem. But once you have the shrooms and gliding 2 you no longer walk – learn the maps and where the updrafts are. It still takes time (depoending which waypoints are contested) but it’s pretty safe as long as they do not include flying enemies as well …

That’s not entirely true~ ;3

Mordrem Snipers will one-shot you out of the air. I was in a team of three people, two got whacked in nothing flat. I tried to sneak my way in (though didn’t actually have stealth gliding :P) and caught a deathsnipe to the face. Fell into a corner and rezzed, and finally pulled one of my buddies up while the other waypointed.
I was amused.

Many alts; handle it!