I've never been so happy in my life

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Imagine this. I log into Facebook and see a msge from my guild mate. It reads…

Revanent is awful!

For a solid 5 seconds I was upset and angry. Then I realized …… Necro is no longer the absolute worst class! There is a very very very good chance that there’s a class that may end up with worse dps than the necro. For years we’ve been the laughing stock of gw2. Every skill and trait we have is borderline lauggable. No ranged power weapon. An axe that can’t cleave. We were banned from dungeons for years.

Enter Revanent.

Now I know it’s beta and there may be time to redeem this species. Necro will never get buffed, it’s been 3 years I’m over it, but I’m happy someone else will get bullied now.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Revanent is awful!

For a solid 5 seconds I was upset and angry. Then I realized …… Necro is no longer the absolute worst class! There is a very very very good chance that there’s a class that may end up with worse dps than the necro. For years we’ve been the laughing stock of gw2. Every skill and trait we have is borderline lauggable. No ranged power weapon. An axe that can’t cleave. We were banned from dungeons for years.

Enter Revanent.

Now I know it’s beta and there may be time to redeem this species. Necro will never get buffed, it’s been 3 years I’m over it, but I’m happy someone else will get bullied now.

I don’t know what rock you were sleeping under for the past 3 years but last I checked necros were pretty good. But yes as it stands Revenant is fairly awful unless they buff the class.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Revanent is awful!

Enter Revanent.

I don’t know what rock you were sleeping under for the past 3 years but last I checked necros were pretty good. But yes as it stands Revenant is fairly awful unless they buff the class.

Good lord people, it isn’t even a complete class yet! There is a reason why this is a BETA! Its still missing a trait line, some weapons any aquatic weapons, and two legendaries

Remember, they are still ironing out and working on the final details. This is called a beta test for a reason. Don’t judge a product before it’s even finished.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Honestly I’m joking, somewhat. I’m extremely concerned though. I understand it’s beta, but full zerk and l barely hitting for 1800 is… it’s bad. Now we don’t have all the trait lines but my real concern is the lack of weapons swap like most people were already questioning.

Morfedel.4165

Honestly I’m joking, somewhat. I’m extremely concerned though. I understand it’s beta, but full zerk and l barely hitting for 1800 is… it’s bad. Now we don’t have all the trait lines but my real concern is the lack of weapons swap like most people were already questioning.

True but revenants are getting something no one else gets utility swapping.

Whether or not that is worthwhile is another matter. But think about this: Your utilities from one legend to the other are not linked to each other for recharge. A couple times in silverwastes today I got in trouble and healed, flipped to second legend and healed again. First was mallyx which got me some more healing for conditions then switched to dwarf which then removed conditions.

It was a nice combo.

I can taunt and get that spinning hammers going; fling mself across distances and using a few skills gather mobs together to make cleaving much easier or AOEing… I actually had a surprising bit of control of the battlefield I didnt even realize I’d have.

Yes I understand that weapon swapping is somewhat missed, but the utility swapping gave me some diversity that was really nice too especially with unlinked recharges.

Time will tell whether or not its worthy.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Necro kills ele with like 2 auto attacks in lich form. I’ve seen good necros around and they really kick kitten . I don’t think it’s the worse, by far.

The worse at the moment is the thief, because it can only burst and with the condi meta it melts away faster than an ele.

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

From what I’ve seen thus far, the utility swapping isn’t useful enough to make up for the lack of weapon swapping. As I’ve been playing Revenant this weekend, I’ve really been missing the ability to switch back and forth between ranged and melee during combat. If the legends made the weapon skills act differently, that would be incredible and would make up for the loss of weapon swap.

For example if hammer was a melee weapon with dwarf legend, but switch to centaur legend and now hammer is a ranged weapon.

Posted by: Raina.3516

Raina.3516

From what I’ve seen thus far, the utility swapping isn’t useful enough to make up for the lack of weapon swapping. As I’ve been playing Revenant this weekend, I’ve really been missing the ability to switch back and forth between ranged and melee during combat. If the legends made the weapon skills act differently, that would be incredible and would make up for the loss of weapon swap.

For example if hammer was a melee weapon with dwarf legend, but switch to centaur legend and now hammer is a ranged weapon.

I like your idea a lot. I really missed weapon swapping. I couldn’t fall in love with any of the weapons as my single choice for battle. Changing up the function of the weapon with the stance (which initially I thought it would do) would help a great deal.

Killing red dots since BWE #1, 2005

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Necro is not a bad class, I think it’s just infected by bad players.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Necro is considered bad because PvE is bad and cheesy as hell, other than that it’s seriously good in PvP and WvW.

Posted by: scouse pliskin two.8501

scouse pliskin two.8501

Rev just needs more damage. I like playing it it just annoying being fully zerker and only hitting for 800

The CHARR of RISE will leech again

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

People are complaining of Rev dps when they doesn’t even have the dps legend yet? XD

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Given that I’ve heard nothing but nonstop complaining about this class in-game, they better fix this mess before it goes lives being that it’s one of the expansion’s selling points.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

People are complaining of Rev dps when they doesn’t even have the dps legend yet? XD

Yet we have the condition legend who does terrible condition damage, a healing legend who heals awkwardly, and the tanky legend who people are reporting does not feel tanky. Should people not be concerned about rev dps even without the dps legend?

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: infinityandbeyond.9652

infinityandbeyond.9652

Revanent is awful!

Enter Revanent.

I’m sorry to hear that this is “the happiest moment in my life” for you .“\”

Roy Cronacher, Game Designer has said and i’ll qoute him

“We have not released all weapons and legends for the Revenant yet. Right now there is definitely a gap in the playstyles offered as we haven’t discussed the more pure DPS focused setup yet. soon tm.”

Infi Erratum.
Snafs Golem Emporium SoS

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I like the new revenant class. But, I was a bit overwhelmed with all the stuff they gave me to experiment with, armor, weps, foods, boosts (the like I’ve never seen in game before) and every rune set/sigil available and some I don’t even recognize.

That said, I thought it was just me with no dps. I couldn’t dps down mobs in Frostgate Forge to save my life — but I did save my life because I was so tanky. It seemed like such an incredible tanky character. I liked that.

I liked using the axe/mace weapons the most. Those spinning hammers were pretty fun. I did put on a full Bezerker set and I didn’t seem to notice much improvement with damage.

Maybe this class is meant to be a tank in group pvp. It had some nice aoe cures. Every dungeon group or pvp group should have a rev with them.

Posted by: tenklo.6104

tenklo.6104

i find revenant the most trolly class to play right now…the weapon could be work on a little bit i think staff should have more range cause i like the healing on it but to attack i need to be upclose and personal…. but running the demon and centaur stance i found out the healing could help the front line and stop aoe chock points… and the demon stance has a good heal when u get condi bomb…… and the displace utility is so trolly alway laugh to stop a stomp or to make enemy confused…. i do say bot elites need to be work on they fell underwelm to the class

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Whether or not that is worthwhile is another matter. But think about this: Your utilities from one legend to the other are not linked to each other for recharge. A couple times in silverwastes today I got in trouble and healed, flipped to second legend and healed again. First was mallyx which got me some more healing for conditions then switched to dwarf which then removed conditions.

It was a nice combo.

I can taunt and get that spinning hammers going; fling mself across distances and using a few skills gather mobs together to make cleaving much easier or AOEing… I actually had a surprising bit of control of the battlefield I didnt even realize I’d have.

Yes I understand that weapon swapping is somewhat missed, but the utility swapping gave me some diversity that was really nice too especially with unlinked recharges.

Everyone else gets something else that Rev can’t get.

Ability to customize Utility slots.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Morfedel.4165

It was a nice combo.

Everyone else gets something else that Rev can’t get.

Ability to customize Utility slots.

No argument there. I’m not saying the revenant has issues. I’m just saying it’s not time to make judgements when the class is still being tested