I want to raid, but I can´t find a group

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

Don´t have full ascended gear and I´m a scrapper/hammer engi.

No group wants to have you if you are not the right class and don´t have fully ascended gear.

This game is no different than WoW now.

(edited by ChrizZcE.5981)

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

Just lie or try to start one yourself.

‘’yes master, i have fully ascended and i’ve done this boss 100 times before, you want me to link? Brb while the group is forming’’.

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

Join a guild that does raids!!! Condi engi is hotcakes right now o.o

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Nobody will take you for raids if you don’t have meta equipment. This includes full ascended with viper stats, proper runes and sigils, and food and utility buff.

Except for pugs that just want to try the raid without any hope of success. But these groups have given up already.

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Except for pugs that just want to try the raid without any hope of success. But these groups have given up already.

Have to call BS on this one too, your soooooo cheerful it’s heart warming.

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Have to call BS on this one too, your soooooo cheerful it’s heart warming.

I hope you’re right, but I’m not feeling very optimistic right now

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

GUILDS will take you to raids if you don’t have meta equipment!!!!!!!!

Saturn.4810 is correct in saying pugs have almost 0 chance. It’s too bad that pugs HAVE NOT given up and are still actively standing around in VB preventing VB Tier 4s while knowing they have 0 chance of success.

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

haven’t seen any groups call for full ascended yet. Right stats yes, if zerker go zerker if condi go viper or sinister maybe. Make sure no one has more thoughness than the tank lol.

Honestly go condi, lots of people are looking for those. People keep asking for my necro b/c i can go condi, boon strip, etc

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Sorry, did you want for 9 other players to work harder and carry you, while you just leech the rewards?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

No group wants to have you if you are not the right class and don´t have fully ascended gear.

What is your build? Engineer/Scrapper have a couple of thing they can do in a raid. Maybe you have less thing to do on your build to make people at ease with you when you pug. Nobody will care that you have exotic armor if your build is good and you have ascended weapons/trinket which aren’t that hard to get.

The best would be to find a group of friends/guild. Ideally 9 others, but just 3-4 could do. That will give you a base group where you will decide which pugs will join you.

Please make at least a tiny bit of effort because QQing on the forum. You will be wiping the floor with those 9 others players for longs longs hours. So better make sure that everybody is comfortable with the situation to make the experience as good as possible.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

The raid was designed for organized groups of highly experienced and geared players to have a challenge. Anyone who complains about the raid being inaccessible is missing the point.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: kylania.6924

kylania.6924

Sorry, did you want for 9 other players to work harder and carry you, while you just leech the rewards?

Oh that sounds lovely! Where do I sign up for that raid?

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

If you seriously want to raid and succeed at it than I dont understand why you wouldn’t want to bring the needed skills and builds.

If all you are interested in is experiencing the content with your favourite build then there are groups on LFG who form just for that reason, although like someone else said in this thread there is 0 chance of success currently and hopefully most know that.

I was thinking of joining or creating (if its true there’s non left on lfg) a group like that myself as I just want a go of fighting the bosses.

And @Minx Its annoying yes but blame Anet for putting the entrance in a stupid place

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

if i triple the lupicus hp and make him divide himself at phase 2 , and then i slam a 8 minutes timer on it. IT IS a RAID now. i dont see the creativity

(edited by Ronnie Hu.1694)

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

1) Join a guild
2) Pick a better build. Condi is much better suited.
3) If you don’t have the right gear, then go through the time and effort to get some degree of the right gear like everyone else did. You don’t need full ascended. Just get trinkets and weapons.

You likely didn’t expect to start running level 80 dungeons when you were level 5 and this should really be the same case. Raiding is the next step up, so if you want to do it, go through the effort to get prepared for it.

If pugs are being unfair, then join a guild that shares your beliefs.

Just be aware that if your choices on gear/build hold back a raid from progress, it’s not people just being mean (at least not all the time, lol), it’s people making decisions for the benefit of 9 people vs your single preference.

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

Nobody will take you for raids if you don’t have meta equipment. This includes full ascended with viper stats, proper runes and sigils, and food and utility buff.

No you just have to not be bad and join a static group not some random elitist pug.

Posted by: GAZNZ.9372

GAZNZ.9372

IM a full ascended gear ranger – full healing/ support build and can put out damage and vun buffs and condi removal as well
cant get on any games
tried for 2-3 hours of standing around
over it

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

I love we got raids finally but im now seeing what i feared was gonna happen when they announced the raids there gonna be a major split in the once great community we had.

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

Eh, People who are saying pugs can’t do it are clearly very misinformed.

Plenty have completed vale guardian at this point. We almost had gorseveal as a pug early today, We got past both spirit phases but some people got too low and our druid wasn’t druid-y enough to heal them (Don’t ask.)

It’s only been a couple of days, When the more hardcore guilds find the optimal setup and release guides (Currently we have mostly kill videos were they ONLY just made it) pugs will do it a lot more.

At the end of the day if your mechanics aren’t great, Then they aren’t great. Being in a guild doesn’t somehow make you play better. I’m sure theres plenty of guilds yet to kill vale guardian.

@OP Roll condi engi, You don’t need ascended armor.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

If you are on the Eu server join Balthazar Order[Gods],we are a chill group,we do whatever fells fun whenever feels fun.We did Raids a bit and we will do more soon.
Mail me in game.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: Ilmatar.6709

Ilmatar.6709

My character is a Druid/Staff Ranger. I have fully Ascended armor and trinkets, but my weapon is not (yet) ascended. I wanted to try Raids and asked players in one map have they tried raids. They were and they told me how Raids are. It is only ment to most best players in the whole game. That made me see the truth. Raids are not for me then. I am old and bit slow time to time because of my osteoarthritis.

I was glad that those players told me truth about Raids and I didn’t go to ruin any players enjoyment in this game. I still have plenty to do in this game, even I can’t get that fancy Legendary armor. But that it is when you come old. You see what you can reach for and what is already unreachable from you

So OP, if you are young one (under the 60 years old), go for Raids, you will learn and you will progress and reach your goal. Don’t give up. Listen what other players are saying, try those thing what they advice you to do and you will get even better one, you will become The Best one Try to find good guild and they will take you with their raiding parties

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

If you want to do raids, you better work to get the correct build, correct armor, and correct damage rotation for your role. Raids are designed that if one person isn’t pulling their part it WILL fail this isnt the old gw2 where one person can carry 4 no… don’t kitten over 9 other people with your incorrect build if you cant pull at least an AVERAGE of 6kdps (on the first boss more on the rest) during the entire raid you lost it for your raid no you prob cant pull that with your scrapper hammer engi unless your running full acended zerk and even then you’ll be doing half the damage of another zerk class properly playing their role in the meta. I’m going to guess you’ve never seen your damage numbers consistently hit for 8k plus every .5-1 second in which case your not doing enough damage. Go sinister/viper or re roll classes.

Can you get away with exo armor, and just ascended weaps and trinkets, sure. But you better be playing kitten well and the correct optimal build and rotate that kitten like a precision machine.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

i have no intention of banging my head against this kind of contents repeatedly but i also do not see how its good business to lock out the vast majority of paying customers.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

condi engineer isnt simple, many can’t do condi engineer well enough for raid

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Nyrgren.8934

Nyrgren.8934

Maybe it would be nice to try tanky variant with scrapper build – I gotta test it myself in the nearest future, at least.
BTW, if you’re on EU, you could also join Arbor Vitalis [AV] – we’re going to try famous “build diversity” in raids

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well I hate to break it for you but Raids is tailored for those who want’s a challange and thus will need a specific setup. I am supriced that people think that raids will be able to be PUGed, atleast now the first months before people have learned what to do and more. What you need is a TS or any other Voice chat and a good team composition.

Now some people and extremes has figured out the “best” builds to have in the raid but I am sure that if you find a nice guild to join they will probably let you be a tank or something with your Scrapper. But yes, you should probably be prepared to have atleast exotic gear to have a chance of doing it. Raids are supposed to be hard not something you can PUG.

Edit:

Maybe it would be nice to try tanky variant with scrapper build – I gotta test it myself in the nearest future, at least.
BTW, if you’re on EU, you could also join Arbor Vitalis [AV] – we’re going to try famous “build diversity” in raids

I play ½-Tanky Scrapper and it is awesome, if I would go all out tank like HpVT I think I would be invurneble

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

Imho scrapper is pretty kitten in raids. It’s made for pvp really. Hammer isnt really worth it (with 10 ppl, the chance of getting a water field is kinda low), gyros are bad, the traits arent very useful either. The timeframe of the raid bosses is tight, and not wearing full ascended, but also traiting scrapper you might be missing too much efficiency. As raids are now, meta-ish builds kinda are a requirement. I also dont wear full ascended, but as a meta zerk ele I have no trouble finding groups. Engineer one of the most required builds in raids (viper/sinister).

Posted by: Nephziel.6053

Nephziel.6053

Here are my two cents.

Attachments:

(edited by Nephziel.6053)

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Then level up crafting, make ascended gear, buy trinkets with laurels and adjust your traits once in a while like everyone else…

I have gripes about raids, but finally ascended has content designed around it and we are seeing roles being developed.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

Then level up crafting, make ascended gear, buy trinkets with laurels and adjust your traits once in a while like everyone else…

I have gripes about raids, but finally ascended has content designed around it and we are seeing roles being developed.

Not everyone has thousands of gold to make ascended gear. I’ve just started to make mine for my Revenant but only have 300G on my account. Not sure if that’s enough. I have Necklace and rings but, rest of gear is exotic berserkers.

Atm i’m waiting for all the time gated mats. Hope to have that within the next 26 days. Not sure what stat to make either.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

just give it a month or two until most ppl have read guides and know what builds to use and you will be able to pug the first boss, maybe even the whole raid wing

it takes time until the informations are spread through the playerbase and then you will se the same lfg you saw in the past for dungeons/fractals

everyone will know the mechanics and what builds to use and you as an engi have it very easy , reroll to condi and you will find a squad in a few minutes

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

First of all ascended already has content designed around it or did you miss that infusion slot / agony infusion

Second Raids are for exotic – ascended might be better but raid are made with exotics in mind as in can be done in them

And legendary – full set back piece 2 weapons and full armor will be the armor Designed around raids sure the first raid will be the place to go from exotic to ascended -well was but the community already made it ascended only-then the next is for legendary armor after that all raider/elits will pretty much require you to have a full set of legendarys so you can change stats per raid boss
it’s the new gear grind

Welcome to Wow i mean gw2

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

if i triple the lupicus hp and make him divide himself at phase 2 , and then i slam a 8 minutes timer on it. IT IS a RAID now. i dont see the creativity

Never have truer words been spoken. The content already existed, some players just needed it to be called a raid for them to be happy.

For Raid wing 2 they should instance the jungle wurm so that 3, 10 man teams are needed – That would blow the WoW fanboys minds!

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Step 1: NEVER join PUG groups. They are toxic as always.
Step 2: Find a Guild that can help you so you can have fun in there. And believe me, Guilds would want new members all the time.

Swagger.1459

First of all ascended already has content designed around it or did you miss that infusion slot / agony infusion

Second Raids are for exotic – ascended might be better but raid are made with exotics in mind as in can be done in them

And legendary – full set back piece 2 weapons and full armor will be the armor Designed around raids sure the first raid will be the place to go from exotic to ascended -well was but the community already made it ascended only-then the next is for legendary armor after that all raider/elits will pretty much require you to have a full set of legendarys so you can change stats per raid boss
it’s the new gear grind

Welcome to Wow i mean gw2

Yeah, I always forget about fractals.

Raids were not designed with exotics in mind… There are devs quotes saying that basically. They said that players can “get by with some exotics and a good team” in reference to the first wing. Beyond that is for ascended. I’m tired so I’m not going to find the Twitter quote, but feel free to look and pm a raid dev if you wish to on this matter.

Sure, you can get by with exotics to a degree and for now, but this is only step one. Players will need full ascended for this going forward and most teams will want players with ascended. It’s pretty easy to ask to ping gear too, so our friend who wants to do raids should start working on it now. This raid is an intro, a test of the waters, but the devs want ascended to be the standard. Yes, legendary will be a factor much much later down the road.

Legendary gear is part of the game so I don’t blame them. Gated behind raids entirely, ehh, that’s the only part I don’t agree with. As for wow, never played, but I hear the grind and gating was much worse.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

…finally ascended has content designed around it and we are seeing roles being developed.

The notion that fully ascended gear is necessary for the Raid at this point seems kind of hard to eradicate. At least for this first wing, exotic gear is enough. And there has been content designed around ascended gear for a long time. It’s called Fractals of the Mists.

Roles being developed is nice, for this one instance. Future raids will probably require it as well. I just really hope roles will remain mandatory only for this kind of specialist content and not for the open world. I personally don’t need GW2 to change into all the other MMO’s out there, something ANet strongly wished to set themselves apart from.

Swagger.1459

You can see my response above

Posted by: SamTheGuardian.2938

SamTheGuardian.2938

Duffy published a Raid guide that includes engineers/scrappers. Suggest you study it and see gear recommendation. Once you match what people are looking for and advertise yourself, you will get a group.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

If you want to do raids, you better work to get the correct build, correct armor, and correct damage rotation for your role.

Sounds like fun.

Especially when anet then nerfs your build, because they balance for pvp, so you can start from scratch.

Join a guild that does raids!!! Condi engi is hotcakes right now o.o

Condi Engineer =/= Hammer Scrapper.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)