Idea: Revenant Legend and Weapon synergy

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: kdose.5309

kdose.5309

I’ve been playing a ranger main since 2012 and today tried revenant for the first time and was confused about weapon/legend synergy or wondering if it’s even a thing.

It’s cool that you can build, for example, a Shiro/Mallyx with a staff and a hammer or any crazy number of combos.

But it seems to me something that would make rev special is if there were some kind of synergy bewteen a legend and the weapon(s) that pairs best with it. Like the double swords seem to go with Shiro but you don’t have to equip them if you prefer to play your Shiro utilities with a hammer equipped, for example.

Maybe this is something that has been talked about, but for my first try today it seemed unclear or unexplained or perhaps didn’t matter. Maybe it would be best as a topic to learn about as you level up a revenant.

On a side topic – I had trouble switching legends on F1 because I am used to switching pets with F4! Haha old habits die hard.

I still had fun and found rev to be responsive with smooth combat animations, and the damage felt pretty good. And I like the lore of the legends. Good job anet!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

You will not take my mace/axe shiro from me :p
(seriously tough, try it in rampager gear, it’s kittening broken)

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.