Improving the TD meta

Improving the TD meta

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

this is an idea i just posted in another thread, but i feel like it deserves one of its own (and who are you to countermand me?! muahaha!)

~

When you complete the event to bring the Gerent to the surface, it continues to head for the cannon. You have to break its bar to stun it and stop it, which will enrage it, causing it to focus on players but take more damage. When the enrage ends, or perhaps after you’ve done this several times, it reburrows, and you move up the lane to the next event to bring it out.

When it actually reaches the cannon, it unburrows again of its own accord, and its enrage time is shorter but lengthened by the number of lane events you were successful at. whenever it’s not enraged, it will progress towards the cannon, so you have to manage CC carefully to keep it broken or enraged so it doesn’t annihilate the cannon and fail the meta.

I feel too like there should be partial successes – if you can keep any one cannon alive, it still fires and blasts a smaller hole in the wall, through which players can go to get at caches and etc (like the tarir meta failure) but you don’t get the boss chest unless you defeat all four gerents.

If you succeed the cannon part, a gargantuan Chak Hive Queen emerges in the leyline confluence. You have to hurt it badly enough, perhaps using cannon fire to break its shell/shield/whatever mechanic works best, so that it flees through the hole in the wall into dragonstand, thereby accomplishing the order of whisper’s objective.

(edited by Narrrz.7532)

Improving the TD meta

Narrrz.7532

More ideas:
The Hive Queen spawns chak eggs constantly and less frequently summons larger Chak lobbers and blitzers. The eggs have little health but must be killed fairly quickly to prevent being overrun by a swarm of Chak.

When the queen emerges, she shatters the leyline pillars and the disturbance disrupts the ley-flows, reedirecting the ley lines overhead, carrying fragments of the ley-pillars up with them. Periodically, she will shield herself and flood the ground level with chak acid (it creeps out slowly enough to run out of). While shielded, chak will begin rushing the cannons from the lanes and the queen will focus on one cannon, bombarding it after a delay and rapidly (but not instantly) destroying it.

To prevent her doing this, some players must take to the disturbed leylines overhead, catching the ley-infused rubble from the pillars and raining it down on her to distract her (break her breakbar). The order of whispers will begin recharging the cannons during this phase; only one must survive to break her shield, every additional one over that will just deal heavy damage to her.

Improving the TD meta

Posted by: ezhcim.3075

ezhcim.3075

I would be ok with making the chak gerents easier but having a final bigger boss spawn at the center. That would make this event a lot more interesting and epic.

If they do not want to go through that trouble a temporary easy fix would be increasing the player cap for the map, with just 5 to 10 more ppl per lane this event would be in the realm of realistically doable.

Improving the TD meta

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

Yeah that would be awesome.

Actually the first time through I expected the Gerent phase to be only the starting part of the event, since the large central leyline confluence kind of screams “world boss here” :P

Improving the TD meta

Narrrz.7532

Yeah, with the way the camera zooms out i thought for sure there would be a huge boss battle there (Which i kinda feel this expac is lacking? The Dragonstand fight is a little too structured to feel like a proper boss battle, not nearly chaotic enough).