Inventor? Meh...

Inventor? Meh...

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I suspect “inventor” may be the shorthand for the non-specialized Engineer, in much the same way that the basic Ranger could be thought of as a “Beastmaster”.

Sapper IS pretty catchy for a more explosives-focused specialty.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

There I find Saboteur or Pio neer alot more catchy for, than Sapper, whereas pioneer is the exact same thing, than Sapper, but sounds alot better as a kind of Specialization, that comes from being an Engi neer as the wording is similar.

In regard of Saboteurs – they can have to do also too alot with Explosives to sabotage whatever they want to destroy with it.
A big hammer is for a Saboteur exactly what they need to demolish things with it where more physical force is needed to sabotage something ^^

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I don’t think it’ll be Inventor. By common standards, it better be something that is either short and sweet or has some kind of abbreviated version[Example: Warriors are wars, Engineers are engis, Mesmers are mes, thief is thief]. With 1-2 syllables at most. Inventors would be Invents, and that just doesn’t sound right.

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Pyroneer.

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I don’t think it’ll be Inventor. By common standards, it better be something that is either short and sweet or has some kind of abbreviated version[Example: Warriors are wars, Engineers are engis, Mesmers are mes, thief is thief]. With 1-2 syllables at most. Inventors would be Invents, and that just doesn’t sound right.

by that logic, Inventors would be simply Inv’s, so your example isn’t compelling.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

I have a question about engineer “end game” that coincides with this topic. I am currently leveling an engineer (around level 60 now). Fully geared at 80 do we have any builds that have a ton of burst damage that are comparable to other professions? We seem to fill the support role from what I can tell. A demolistionist seems like it would give us the option to have burst damage.

As it happens my engineer is also level 60. But I don’t need to be level 80 to tell you they can dish out buttloads of damage.

Equip a bomb kit. I’ve not spent as much time with it but the tool kit is also good. As a general rule melee damage > ranged (to balance the associated risk of being hit back). Plus, I think the bomb kit gets a bit more damage because its effect is delayed, theoretically allowing your opponent to escape being damaged. Though in PvE mobs are too stupid to move so…. enjoy

And if you want to get tricky, take a look at the wiki for combo info. Engineers have lots of fields and finishers.

No profession is really a support profession. They’ve all got various weapon and utility skills which cater to that. They can all also focus just on damage.

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: teh persun.6517

teh persun.6517

It’s going to be wrecker’all

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I have a question about engineer “end game” that coincides with this topic. I am currently leveling an engineer (around level 60 now). Fully geared at 80 do we have any builds that have a ton of burst damage that are comparable to other professions? We seem to fill the support role from what I can tell. A demolistionist seems like it would give us the option to have burst damage.

As it happens my engineer is also level 60. But I don’t need to be level 80 to tell you they can dish out buttloads of damage.

Equip a bomb kit. I’ve not spent as much time with it but the tool kit is also good. As a general rule melee damage > ranged (to balance the associated risk of being hit back). Plus, I think the bomb kit gets a bit more damage because its effect is delayed, theoretically allowing your opponent to escape being damaged. Though in PvE mobs are too stupid to move so…. enjoy

And if you want to get tricky, take a look at the wiki for combo info. Engineers have lots of fields and finishers.

No profession is really a support profession. They’ve all got various weapon and utility skills which cater to that. They can all also focus just on damage.

I played engineer from launch and ran pretty much a granades/ static discharge mix the whole time (I’d swap out some utility’s here and there but always the same idea with pure zerker gear). If you like burst I’d recommend static discharge with a rifle. You can catch other players of guard and pound them pound them pretty good. I swap out some utilities and I’m off to fractals 50.

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: A OK.8276

A OK.8276

I played engineer from launch and ran pretty much a granades/ static discharge mix the whole time (I’d swap out some utility’s here and there but always the same idea with pure zerker gear). If you like burst I’d recommend static discharge with a rifle. You can catch other players of guard and pound them pretty good. I swap out some utilities and I’m off to fractals 50.

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Master Exploder

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: Tipsy.5802

Tipsy.5802

Architect

they would be able able to create steam hulks.
During their journey in hot they’ll find parts they can modify their steam creature with.
Then there would be a modify window with the parts at the left and the steam creature at the right
I’d be ok with inventor too, personally

Inventor? Meh...

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Mechanic?

(skip to 1m 12s)

You know what a mechanic is?

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Inventor? Meh...