Is anyone else getting burned out too?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Warcrafterfour.3759

Warcrafterfour.3759

Playing HoT and doing the massive grind wall after massive grind wall(5 walls down way too many to go) I am starting to get really burned out really fast on just the grinding not to mention all the times I have been murdered by normal enemies because I am a guardian which is the only class without the 25% ms boost making everything able to catch and murder me without question(It also makes getting anywhere very slow to boot).

Also why does most of my hp bar disappear when a normal enemy attacks? I am a guardian with toughness and vitality on my exotic tier weapons/armor/trinkets and i am dying in mere seconds to normal enemies and in one hit from champs.

Is anyone else feeling the same way?

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Learn to chain your blocks and you’ll be fine.

The problem right now in the relationship between this game and its players is that the game’s combat is DESIGNED around using active defenses (skills), so blinds, blocks, reflects, etc. Pre-HoT most players would’ve gotten along fine without using active defenses, only passive defenses (stats) but now that everything hits hard you may as well give into the Zerk meta and just learn to play properly.

(just my opinion)

PSA: Yes, the mobs do hit hard. It sucks. I play Mesmer and I can’t really chain my blocks because if I go Chronomancer for the extra long block from Shield, I’m gonna lose a tonne of DPS and other things from not having the right traits unlocked.

PSA 2.0: Use a Centaur running set and buy some Pots of Hylek Poison and you’ll be fine. I did that pre-HoT and it worked out for me. If you still think you’re going slow you’re probably not using your mobility skills (from what I’ve seen/experienced, at least).

Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Yobculture.5786)

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

What you need to do is take a break, and even more breaks after that. You are playing in an unhealthy way

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The problem right now in the relationship between this game and its players is that the game’s combat is DESIGNED around using active defenses (skills), so blinds, blocks, reflects, etc. Pre-HoT most players would’ve gotten along fine without using active defenses, only passive defenses (stats) but now that everything hits hard you may as well give into the Zerk meta and just learn to play properly.

(just my opinion)

PSA: Yes, the mobs do hit hard. It sucks. I play Mesmer and I can’t chain my blocks that well because if I go Chronomancer I’m gonna lose a tonne of DPS from not having the right traits.

lolzerker…that setup will get you killed in these new areas, what with enemies that hit hard and travel in packs. The active defenses thing you’re right on, as a thief I’m having to dodge, shadowstep, and pull everything out of my kitten nal to stay alive…and the sad thing is that I’m wearing apothecary gear with a signet of malice build. Even with all that fast HP regen I’m still getting lit up hard.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Merkin.8412

Merkin.8412

What you need to do is take a break, and even more breaks after that. You are playing in an unhealthy way

Pretty much.

I have played about 26 hours since Friday at 4:30pm.

And, I want more.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Ive been doing a bunch of different things, so nope! No burn out here!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Pretty much.

And, I want more.

It’s fine as long as your real life is not getting affected negatively by it. Games are supposed to be fun, if you are getting burned out (stress), your alarm bells should be ringing. Take breaks when you are not having fun anymore, simple afk in LA and alt+tab out of the game or even better, leave the computer completely

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

git good scrub.

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

It’s mainly boredom…$50 and I have played 2 days and don’t even want to go back. This has gotten to be the worst money spent on any game.

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

(just my opinion)

PSA: Yes, the mobs do hit hard. It sucks. I play Mesmer and I can’t chain my blocks that well because if I go Chronomancer I’m gonna lose a tonne of DPS from not having the right traits.

lolzerker…that setup will get you killed in these new areas, what with enemies that hit hard and travel in packs. The active defenses thing you’re right on, as a thief I’m having to dodge, shadowstep, and pull everything out of my kitten nal to stay alive…and the sad thing is that I’m wearing apothecary gear with a signet of malice build. Even with all that fast HP regen I’m still getting lit up hard.

I play full assassin Ascended gear. I don’t die that much, mostly when I screw myself over by playing badly or when I forget to equip my PVT Centaur set while running around.

Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

No cuz im a pvx player while also taking breaks now and then to enjoy what other life has to offer.
Theres so much new done from systems to design decisions in this xpac compared to old gw2 that its a breath of fresh air.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

RyuDragnier.9476

(just my opinion)

I play full assassin Ascended gear. I don’t die that much, mostly when I screw myself over by playing badly or when I forget to equip my PVT Centaur set while running around.

I don’t die much either, simply because I use stealth as a last resort card to get out of battle. I wish I had ascended to make this easier, but I still only have exotics.

[hS]

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Pretty much.

And, I want more.

It’s fine as long as your real life is not getting affected negatively by it. Games are supposed to be fun, if you are getting burned out (stress), your alarm bells should be ringing. Take breaks when you are not having fun anymore, simple afk in LA and alt+tab out of the game or even better, leave the computer completely

“Games are supposed to be fun”

Can somebody please tell Anet that?
Grind != fun

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

No I’m not getting “burned out” and no there is no grinding. I’m enjoying the new content & the new aspects of the game and I don’t just skip all the things I can just in order to rush to the very end and stay there for another 3 years…

Did you pay 50 bucks for a game you see as a grind? Do you expect to finish it’s whole content within a day? If you could, then you would cry about how small content HoT had and that it was not worth your 50 bucks.

I don’t know about you, but as someone who does not act like he is coke’d out of his mind to “finish” things, all I can say is that HoT is probably the best expansion I’ve seen in an MMO. Wonderful designed maps, a system that encourages you to actually play open world content, and the feeling of progression in both open world and fractals/soon to be raids.

Posted by: apodelaman.6215

apodelaman.6215

More bored than burned out. A little upset that I spent $50.00 bucks on such an awful game. be seeing you.

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I’m not getting burned out. I’ve had several RL commitments going on this weekend, so I haven’t had large chunks of solid playing time to burn out on.

My suggestion would be to take breaks. Not saying this in a judgy way (you could even take a break with another game) but when it starts to feel like work, it’s probably time to walk away and do something else for awhile.

RyuDragnier.9476

My suggestion would be to take breaks. Not saying this in a judgy way (you could even take a break with another game) but when it starts to feel like work, it’s probably time to walk away and do something else for awhile.

This is what I suggest also. Since I was playing all day yesterday, I’m playing through more Tales of Zestiria today to help get the grind out of my system. I’ll be heading back into the grind head first tomorrow.

[hS]

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Nope, not got to play as much as I want, also Halloween. I’m playing HoT a little and often. Killed the wyrven, which was good fun, my biggest grip with the game is the tangled mess the map is. It reminds me of Kaining center or what ever the big city is called in factions. I hate that place, and the jungle just reminds me of it. I just hope the other areas are better.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|