Is farming CoF braziers for XP bannable?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Q:

Does Arenanet consider this an exploit as long as it lasts? I want to know whether or not I am allowed to take advantage of it.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

A:

Not bannable according to Chris Cleary.

https://twitter.com/Shazbawt/status/658092329962573824

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I would be incredibly surprised if they did. However I would suggest trying to find an exact definition of exploiting that ANet uses, and compare your activities to that.

Good luck

Posted by: Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

Reminiscent Valkyrie.3109

I saw a couple people with 36 – 58 mastery level stars on their name, and I think, wow, on the second day?

As much as I don’t know whether it’s an exploit, it reminded me that Anet DID remove a couple thousand APs from people who spammed the salvage achievement and abused it, so I was wondering too as OP, is this bannable/nerfable content from a dev?

Seeing those people (whom I know spent hours in COF p1 just killing those mobs) with around 50 mastery level, is commendable for their time spent, but really demotivating since it’s rather hard to level up mastery since dungeon completion gives 66k only.

Alyssah Shyles – (Shirokami Kyoudan, Fuse Midori, Hinata Ema, Kimishima Kana)
Administrative Guild Leader of The Luminiferous Constellation [Lumi] on Kaineng US
www.luminiferous-constellation.com

Posted by: Jarrix.8234

Jarrix.8234

It’s obviously exploit. Whether they do anything about it is yet to seen.

Kayku
Envy – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

They should really nerf it and take back the XP of anybody who did it.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I can’t see it being bannable, if it was, there would have probably been bans way back when people farmed it for skill points.

Plus, ANet have been pretty shy about banning as of late, the mass waves were mainly just in the beginning of the game, I think they learned from what happened with those that people that get banned aren’t going to buy gems.

It’s more likely that they’d follow the recent attitude of just removing what was obtained through that method. If they were going to ban purely for exploiting, they’d have banned everyone that abused linecasting to do more than double the intended damage of ice bow 4. Instead we just got a bug fix, and all the streamers that regularly used it went on unmolested.

(edited by Eponet.4829)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I would say “don’t do it”.

Forget “will it get me banned?” Instead, ask yourself “is this really the right way to play the game?” We all know it’s not.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: JizzGus.2905

JizzGus.2905

So what does the farm actually involve?

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Not bannable according to Chris Cleary.

https://twitter.com/Shazbawt/status/658092329962573824

If a dev responded to that question, it means that it will get nerfed very soon. Expect dungeon mobs not giving exp anymore. And expect people botting it to get banned, too.

Posted by: Kcquipor.6730

Kcquipor.6730

Any more news About this ? Cause a lot of people are doing it right now :o

Posted by: knh.9378

knh.9378

It’s obviously exploit. Whether they do anything about it is yet to seen.

how is it obviously an exploit? it’s not new and you could do it before. if they didnt want respawning enemies to give xp then they wouldnt. lmao. no one is doing anything wrong.

quit throwing around the word exploit if you dont even know what it means.

Posted by: Nansen.4631

Nansen.4631

Its a bit of a grey area. I can’t imagine they intended old masteries to be finished that fast so I would assume that something will be done to stop this.

Whether they do something to the ones who already used this trick is a guess for everyone. Chance that they remove the xp earned by doing it for some that clearly done to finish everything. Unless they don’t mind half of the mastery system being avoided by this trick.

Posted by: Trancid.8514

Trancid.8514

I don’t think it’ll result in bans, but I will never understand why people play a game they don’t actually wanna play.

You have 2 choices with masteries, you either play the game normally, have fun and unlock them slowly, or you grind mind numbing repetitive stuff to unlock it extremely fast and lose this content forever.
I think a person that feels the need to do the grind just to see the numbers go up has some borderline mental problem, like a gambling addiction.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I don’t think it’ll result in bans, but I will never understand why people play a game they don’t actually wanna play.

You have 2 choices with masteries, you either play the game normally, have fun and unlock them slowly, or you grind mind numbing repetitive stuff to unlock it extremely fast and lose this content forever.
I think a person that feels the need to do the grind just to see the numbers go up has some borderline mental problem, like a gambling addiction.

Nice opinion, valid, but just an opinion none-the-less.

Some people want to do things as efficiently as possible, if that means a couple of hours of grinding mobs, then that is fine and their choice. It just means they get their benefits earlier. Some people find that fun. That is their opinion.

Kcquipor.6730

i hope a Dev can some here and say it so we all can do it without risk for a ban

edit : https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3q5usd/mastery_rank_40_day_two/

(edited by Kcquipor.6730)

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

I don’t see that the accepted answer addresses the CoF question.

This sounds to me like the milking of adds in group events in Orr that was a thing for awhile. ANet took a dim view of that and nerfed it. Were there bans, i think so but can’t remember for certain.

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

Kcquipor.6730

I don’t see that the accepted answer addresses the CoF question.

This sounds to me like the milking of adds in group events in Orr that was a thing for awhile. ANet took a dim view of that and nerfed it. Were there bans, i think so but can’t remember for certain.

The twitter post was some hours after the CoF p1 farm was discovered, so it can be

Still waiting for a dev

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Gating isn’t content. By leveling the masteries, what do you lose? The ability to not get the rewards that were taken out of fractals only to be put right back in behind a mastery?