Is it really that bad for the Vets?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

All I can say is that some veterans don’t like it for whatever reason, others do, and still others don’t really care. Don’t know what the split is but it makes having any sort of decent discussion difficult.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: MMOGamer.6175

MMOGamer.6175

All I can say is that some veterans don’t like it for whatever reason, others do, and still others don’t really care. Don’t know what the split is but it makes having any sort of decent discussion difficult.

Because IMO Anet “devalued” overnight the “value” of the core game owned by “veterans” to nothing while saying at the same time it added “value” to the deal for new players.

Glad ArenaNet isn’t a car dealership.
You would have to rebuy your old car packaged with your new car.

zenleto.6179

Because IMO Anet “devalued” overnight the “value” of the core game owned by “veterans” to nothing while saying at the same time it added “value” to the deal for new players.

Why are you replying to me?

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

There is an appearance here that Anet sacrificed GW2’s veterans in a blatant and ethically turbid attempt to rope in new players. I say “ethically turbid” because we were assured for months that HoT would require the core game. I get that they’re allowing for a limited form of refund, but for players like myself who bought the game two-and-a-half years ago, we’re out in the cold.

Yes, most of the new game mechanics are coming in a free patch. Yes, you can get a refund if you purchased the game within the last 30 days. Yes yes yes. I get all that. Those are all reasons for me to delay my purchase of HoT indefinitely. I want to see what, if anything, Anet will do in response to this player outcry.

Posted by: MMOGamer.6175

MMOGamer.6175

My bad good sir.

Glad ArenaNet isn’t a car dealership.
You would have to rebuy your old car packaged with your new car.

Posted by: Calcanius.5048

Calcanius.5048

In short: YES

Always bad when you give supporting customer a worse deal than new customers, that is often a sure way get rid of loyal and currently supporting customers.

They offer a bundle containing (X and Y) to the marked.
Vets, who already own X. they only get Y from the bundle, while new players gets both. Since they both pay the same price for the bundle they should both get the same.

And i know there will be white knights saying that i already had much fun with the game and what not, but the facts are the same even if you refuse to look at them.

You simply cannot say that you get the same because if the did, the Vets would have ended up with XXY while the new players would have gotten XY.

I fully understand the raging vets who will not support this and am also one of them.
Me and the wife bought the game on release, and bought secondary accounts for both when they told of HoT, some 3-4 months ago. We feel robbed with this stunt, and are not gonna trow money at this scam.

(edited by Calcanius.5048)

zenleto.6179

My bad good sir.

No worries, just looking for clarification. I’m working so sorry if my reply was a little terse.

Posted by: Astaroth.5146

Astaroth.5146

The way I see it is Anet decided that the price they would ask for HoT would be 50$ base on whatever estimation and research they made, that is not important, they made a product and priced it at 50$ and that’s their decision to make. Up to that point, everything is fine.

At some point, after the company decided on the price but before advertising it, it was decided that they would add the core game to the package for new players. And that is where it gets touchy. Good plan on the surface to attract new players, but by doing so, they created a situation that makes the 50$ purchase not fair for everyone. New player get the full thing for the price while those who have the core game already only get HoT.

Now IF those who already have the core game ALSO get an additional core game (the way I understand it they don’t) for the price, then it’s kinda fair. That would be the bare minimum to do. But then comes another issue, not all players want a new base account, I personally don’t but some might do. In any case, the issue come with the absence of the option to not buy the core game again for those who already have it.

Anyway, the situation is a mess and Anet HAS to do something about it. I like to believe that they are discussing it right now and will come with something.

In the case they read all those posts here are the possible solution I can think of or that I’ve seen so far and think could work:

-Make a second set of Editions (50$, 75$ and 100$) but substitute the core game for something else (I would highly suggest a character slot) – Probably my favorite and give the option to those who already bought it to substitute the edition they bought for the equivalent without the core game. Anet don’t lose money and most will be happy about it.
-Make a second set of Editions with reduced price without the core game – Another good option but then Anet would have to accept a “loss” on the value they estimated HoT was.
-Give a separate code for both the core game and HoT so the “veteran” get an additional base account – Not the best option since not everyone actually want an additional base game but like I said before, that would be the bare minimum so everyone gets the same thing for the price they pay even though they are forced to pay for something they don’t want to get the part they want.

Anyway, my 2 cents. I hope Anet will come out with something that will be fair for everyone.

Jezebèl – Mag
Behind every red name there is a human being just like you. Respect your enemies :)

Posted by: Namesake.7405

Namesake.7405

The way I see it is Anet decided that the price they would ask for HoT would be 50$ base on whatever estimation and research they made, that is not important, they made a product and priced it at 50$ and that’s their decision to make. Up to that point, everything is fine.

At some point, after the company decided on the price but before advertising it, it was decided that they would add the core game to the package for new players. And that is where it gets touchy. Good plan on the surface to attract new players, but by doing so, they created a situation that makes the 50$ purchase not fair for everyone. New player get the full thing for the price while those who have the core game already only get HoT.

Now IF those who already have the core game ALSO get an additional core game (the way I understand it they don’t) for the price, then it’s kinda fair. That would be the bare minimum to do. But then comes another issue, not all players want a new base account, I personally don’t but some might do. In any case, the issue come with the absence of the option to not buy the core game again for those who already have it.

Anyway, the situation is a mess and Anet HAS to do something about it. I like to believe that they are discussing it right now and will come with something.

In the case they read all those posts here are the possible solution I can think of or that I’ve seen so far and think could work:

-Make a second set of Editions (50$, 75$ and 100$) but substitute the core game for something else (I would highly suggest a character slot) – Probably my favorite and give the option to those who already bought it to substitute the edition they bought for the equivalent without the core game. Anet don’t lose money and most will be happy about it.
-Make a second set of Editions with reduced price without the core game – Another good option but then Anet would have to accept a “loss” on the value they estimated HoT was.
-Give a separate code for both the core game and HoT so the “veteran” get an additional base account – Not the best option since not everyone actually want an additional base game but like I said before, that would be the bare minimum so everyone gets the same thing for the price they pay even though they are forced to pay for something they don’t want to get the part they want.

Anyway, my 2 cents. I hope Anet will come out with something that will be fair for everyone.

This! So much this! You sir just won the internet in my book. Any of those solution would go a long to towards alleviating the PERCEIVED lack of value (perception is the basis of reality for each individual and is subjective.)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

As a vet player (been here since betas) I am neither surprised, not upset by the price tag. Nor do I feel as though I have been ‘devalued’ because the standard edition contains the core game to entice new blood into the game. I’ve seen WoW do they exact same kitten. Besides, I’ve been here for almost 3 years now, I have thousands of hours into the game. I’ve gotten to experience things that those new players never will. Its a trade off that I’m content with.

I am not kittened off that the standard edition does not include a new character slot. Again, seems pretty status quo for an expansion. Yes, GW1 campaigns included a character slot, but this is not GW1 and a stand alone campaign is not technically the same thing as an expansion. Would it have been nice? Sure, but I didn’t expect it. They could potentially still throw one in, but I don’t think it would honestly resolve the issues. Instead, we’ll just end up with more complaints and more cost comparisons.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

it sure kittened me off, they wen’t from being one of the humblest, most ambitious, most wonderful game dev team that not only wanted to make their players happy, but enjoyed hanging out with us , to “Oh man, what are they going to try next ?”

I remember getting super excited about every single release they did with gw1 –
then they did this forum, got all tough on us, “knowing how crazy we were from the net” and try to kitten down a pvp audience ? you serious ?

all this tells me is that they never knew us. kind of makes me feel like the gw1 team was purchased and replaced by aliens.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

As a vet player (been here since betas) I am neither surprised, not upset by the price tag. Nor do I feel as though I have been ‘devalued’ because the standard edition contains the core game to entice new blood into the game. I’ve seen WoW do they exact same kitten. Besides, I’ve been here for almost 3 years now, I have thousands of hours into the game. I’ve gotten to experience things that those new players never will. Its a trade off that I’m content with.

I am not kittened off that the standard edition does not include a new character slot. Again, seems pretty status quo for an expansion. Yes, GW1 campaigns included a character slot, but this is not GW1 and a stand alone campaign is not technically the same thing as an expansion. Would it have been nice? Sure, but I didn’t expect it. They could potentially still throw one in, but I don’t think it would honestly resolve the issues. Instead, we’ll just end up with more complaints and more cost comparisons.

When WOW has folded an expansion into core it was years later.

HoT isn’t an expansion as you can not buy the core game anymore nor can you buy just the expansion. By definition on wikipedia this is an “expandalone” same category Factions and Nightfall are in.

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

I’ve seen WoW do they exact same kitten.

Except the battle chest costs 15 euros, and 15 euros is greater than zero , so , no, WoW doesn’t devalue your previously purchased content as much.
Arena net devalues 45 to zero over 3 years.
WoW devalues 45 to 15.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

it sure kittened me off, they wen’t from being one of the humblest, most ambitious, most wonderful game dev team that not only wanted to make their players happy, but enjoyed hanging out with us , to “Oh man, what are they going to try next ?”

You do understand that it isn’t the development team that makes these decisions, correct? They still want to make their players happy, they still want to build a game that they enjoy playing, and they still hang out with us although maybe a little less right now so they don’t get kittened at for something that isn’t their doing.

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Basically, if Arenanet is advertising a free copy of Guild Wars 2 included with a purchase of HoT, I want that copy.

Yes, I already have one, but there are uses for a second account, or I can give it to a friend so we can play base game content together.

Arenanet is specifically withholding an advertised feature of HoT from existing customers. It’s not that a second copy of the game is redundant, we just plain don’t get it.

I also play fighting games. When one of those games gets updated, they add some new characters, a few new stages and modes, etc, but you have to basically rebuy the whole package again, which includes the base game. (See: Street fighter 4 vs. super street fighter 4, etc.) the difference is, I still have my copy of the base game, which I can sell for a few bucks or give to a friend.

I can’t do that with HoT, unless I activate an entirely new account and then I won’t be able to use any of my existing characters in HoT content. And then the ToS doesn’t allow me to give the base game account to a friend.

I just want the same thing for my $50 that everyone else is getting.
I don’t think that’s entitlement at all.

No, I’m not ‘entitled’ to free character slots, free gems or any other loyalty incentives.

And neither is Arenanet/NC soft ‘entitled’ to my money.
They need to earn my money by offering me what I feel is a fair deal. Some players a quite happy with the deal they’re getting, so good for them. I’m not, so I will wait for the deal to change.

(edited by Arioso.8519)

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Except the battle chest costs 15 euros, and 15 euros is greater than zero , so , no, WoW doesn’t devalue your previously purchased content as much.

When I started playing WoW, I purchased BC and the base game for $50. It wasn’t 50$ for BC and then however much extra for the base game. $50. Period. Since the BC expansion was 50…how much does that make the base game? 0. How is that not the same thing?

As for WoW not devaluing your previously content “as much” just lofl. Sure…upping your gear level and raising your level cap and making the previous content worthless isn’t devaluing your previous purchase at all.

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

how big the difference in value is isn’t the problem
the problem is that it exists at all, every buyer should be treated equally and that’s that

(and before someone but muh sales, muh promotions – this thing is neither, because people pay for the same product in the same time period and get different value in return)

Ricky.4706

You do understand that it isn’t the development team that makes these decisions, correct? They still want to make their players happy, they still want to build a game that they enjoy playing, and they still hang out with us although maybe a little less right now so they don’t get kittened at for something that isn’t their doing.

yes, it’s the aliens that think they got this under control

It’s the developers that got us here. nothing but love for the artists and developers.

whomever took the reigns is damaging it for all of us, from gamer to the developers and artists who pour their heart out to entertain us.

so unfortunately the developers have to take some heat for letting those aliens run / ruin the show they worked their hearts out for.

Dear developers and artists of anet – after all we’ve been through together, you gonna let the aliens play us like that bro ? serious ?

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: Arkblue.6129

Arkblue.6129

When I started playing WoW, I purchased BC and the base game for $50. It wasn’t 50$ for BC and then however much extra for the base game. $50. Period. Since the BC expansion was 50…how much does that make the base game? 0. How is that not the same thing?

As for WoW not devaluing your previously content “as much” just lofl. Sure…upping your gear level and raising your level cap and making the previous content worthless isn’t devaluing your previous purchase at all.

Not really, dungeons are still playable, only thing that isn’t accessible any longer are previous raids. Altough they are working on it with timewalker. I can’t remember one time where they didn’t put the expansion at the same price with or without core game. When I purchased WoD it was necessary to purchase the battle chest, unless you already had mop.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Personally, I don’t look at it as a bad deal for veterans overall. I’m a veteran and I’m not angry about it. Do I have criticisms about how they’ve handled everything and some of the decisions they’ve made? Yeah, I do. I understand and am sympathetic to others’ feelings and POV on this. But I’m not quitting the game and I’m still going to buy HoT at some point. As with anything else, there are happy vets and upset vets both.

Ricky.4706

i’m not quitting either, i’m already paid for un-expanded forever free fun. but i’m not excited at all, and that is a crime considering all the amazing past experiences. My last favorite memory was Gw2 beta, and that was the last time I remember seeing the GW that i know and love ….after release …it changed.

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

since we are comparing this to wow for some reason, let’s see how they are selling their expansions:

can you buy the expansion separately → yes
can you buy everything up to the last expansion separately → yes
can you buy it as a bundle → i don’t know, and it doesn’t really matter

is everything up to the last expansion sold at a big discount → yes
is that fine → yes, it is natural for older content to be cheaper
are you forced to buy some kind of bundle → no
do you get exactly the product that is advertised for each purchase → yes
do some buyers buy the same product for the same price as others, but arbitrarily get a free bonus → no

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

The way I see it is
/trim/

Fantastic post. I agree with your possible solutions. I would also add/adjust the one about a character slot. The lowest price GW2 Core has sold for is $10. So it might be seen as fair and equitable to say: “existing accounts upgrading to HoT get a bonus 800 gems”. This way you cover the extra character slot for those that want it but you leave it open for players that might have an open slot already.

I also wanted to point out how splitting the codes for Core and HoT could be a great strategy:

As a veteran player I get a code for a game I already have. So I give it to a friend to try out. He likes the game and decides to buy HoT…but now he has a code for a game he already has. So he gives it to another friend to try out.

Now that is an ideal situation, and one Anet/NCSoft may have considered.

The downside of that model is the dishonest people. Those that will take a free game and sell it on ebay and etc for more than $10. Now there are some ways to try and get around that but it’s probably all a bigger hassle and expense than it’s worth. It may have been better than the negative press the current model has garnered though.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Not really, dungeons are still playable, only thing that isn’t accessible any longer are previous raids. Altough they are working on it with timewalker. I can’t remember one time where they didn’t put the expansion at the same price with or without core game. When I purchased WoD it was necessary to purchase the battle chest, unless you already had mop.

I started playing between Cata and MoP. I don’t think MoP had been announced yet when I started playing (or maybe it had and I just wasn’t paying attention)…and it hadn’t come out yet when I threw in the towel.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

No $ amount is not that bad, but the amount is moot. It’s the principle.

Ricky.4706

“Is it really that bad for the Vets?”

yes

asking “are your sure?” 500 times in new threads isn’t going to change it. it took a while to get here.

this isn’t just about an upgrade being called an expansion anymore, it’s about a growing trend that many vets are not appreciating.

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: PorceleinEve.2973

PorceleinEve.2973

I can’t answer for all the vets but it most certainly is for me.

I have 8 alts, none of which i have any desire to part from. That means that I will have to fork out another 10 euros to get me another slot to play the revenant, which would be content bought and payed for by getting the “expansion”. That takes the price up to 55 euros for me. I find that unfair and shady.

To top it off, I brought 2 friends in the game, which are now faced with the dilemma of either losing their accounts, along with their progress and any gem purchases they did to get a refund, or buy the game again. I have problems looking ’em in the eye because of that. I feel ashamed for dragging them into a deal like this. It was supposed to work like, get the game now, and buy the expansion later. They kinda feel cheated as well.

And all this time we have the white knights telling us how entitled we are and what idiots we are, and how we act like little children. The silence on Anet’s part isn’t helping things either. It feels like they’re reading the posts and then laugh their bottoms off with the drama. Now that I think about it, I don’t much feel like a valued customer any more. My will to play is slowly sapping away…

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

do some buyers buy the same product for the same price as others, but arbitrarily get a free bonus > no

This is really the big issue that I think a lot of people have. It’s reasonable enough to assume that the base game will be cheaper than it was at launch, or that there could be a bundle pack that includes both the base game and the expansion for less than the two together bought separately.

It’s another thing entirely to have the same price point for two different value packages, especially when you consider that people who have already been supporting the game are getting nothing that isn’t also included in the superior deal for new players.

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

There is a lot of harsh words towards Anet pricing as well as veteran players bringing up this issue, while $50 is hardly surprising for the expansion price tag.

The thing is, I was not that sure myself if there is that much of a disbalance between HoT value for a new player and an existing one, so here’s the math; correct me if I’m wrong:

• Roughly estimating content amount by the number of pve+pvp+wvw+instance maps, HoT expansion accounts for about 15% of it.
  • Value of the entire game content (HoT+core) varies from person to person, but let’s say it equals the price tag: $50; you can recalculate it if you wish, saying that the content is only a fraction of the price, but that kinda makes things worse.
  • What new players receive (but existing accounts don’t) is 5 character slots, bank slot, and material storage. Existing accounts can buy it in the gem store for 5400 gems, which is valued at about $65 on BLTC.

So by this math, paying $50 for Standard Edition GW2 HoT, the value received

• by a new player is a full game plus digital goodies = $115
  • by a current player it is just HoT content = $8

It’s probably something like this math that makes vet players go bonkers, especially combined with the thought that it’s the same players who covered all the expenses of the game so far.

Well, I plan to get the expansion anyway, since it looks like HoT is pretty much mandatory if you want to keep enjoying gw2, which obviously makes it of greater value, but I do understand now why so many people voice their discontent.

If you charge two groups the same price and one group gets more, then the group that got less is slighted.

Anyone can tell that that is just not fair.

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I can’t answer for all the vets but it most certainly is for me.

I have 8 alts, none of which i have any desire to part from. That means that I will have to fork out another 10 euros to get me another slot to play the revenant, which would be content bought and payed for by getting the “expansion”. That takes the price up to 55 euros for me. I find that unfair and shady.

To top it off, I brought 2 friends in the game, which are now faced with the dilemma of either losing their accounts, along with their progress and any gem purchases they did to get a refund, or buy the game again. I have problems looking ’em in the eye because of that. I feel ashamed for dragging them into a deal like this. It was supposed to work like, get the game now, and buy the expansion later. They kinda feel cheated as well.

And all this time we have the white knights telling us how entitled we are and what idiots we are, and how we act like little children. The silence on Anet’s part isn’t helping things either. It feels like they’re reading the posts and then laugh their bottoms off with the drama. Now that I think about it, I don’t much feel like a valued customer any more. My will to play is slowly sapping away…

My situation echos this, except my prices where in $s.

Ricky.4706

honestly, i just want my old gw team back….i’d gladly buy this package with 2 character slots if i can have that.

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

This is my problem:

Im going to pay for a product wich is a bundle and it is named GW2:HoT

That bundle gives you GW2+HoT at $50 in its standar edition

Specifically, HoT ($50) + GW2 ($0).

However, when me, a person who already has gw2, is going to pay the $50 of the bundle, i just discover that i wont recieve the bundle, i’ll just recieve HoT.
But im not paying just for HoT, im paying for gw2+HoT. The proof is that some people (newbies) are recieving that in exchange of its 50.

Why my 50 dollars dont deserve the gw2 gift?

Imaging you pay $50 for a BMW who comes with a ferrari for free. You pay the 50 bucks, and then the seller says to you: nah, im not going to give you the ferrari who comes for free, you just have the BMW….

So as a resume: a Vet wants a fair treatment, where if he is paying for something, he will recieve that something, not more, and definetly no less.

So if you are selling GW2+HoT for 50 bucks, give us exactly that when we pay anet.

I dont know who is leading this nonsense in the company, but it is indictable.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

Yes. It’s not just price or something, it’s the whole direction is shifting to ultra casuals, not even doing dungeons/raids, not caring that their “expansion” doesn’t seem to have lots of zones or an epic world-spanning feel.

Will we even get to face Mordremoth for $60? I’m guessing no, that’ll come 14 months later in an update where we just zerg him, right before they announce expansion 2. This model is just not working for all of us. It’s very famer/social game player centric, but getting away from being a game that passionate fans of gaming want.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

There is a lot of harsh words towards Anet pricing as well as veteran players bringing up this issue, while $50 is hardly surprising for the expansion price tag.

The thing is, I was not that sure myself if there is that much of a disbalance between HoT value for a new player and an existing one, so here’s the math; correct me if I’m wrong:

• Roughly estimating content amount by the number of pve+pvp+wvw+instance maps, HoT expansion accounts for about 15% of it.
  • Value of the entire game content (HoT+core) varies from person to person, but let’s say it equals the price tag: $50; you can recalculate it if you wish, saying that the content is only a fraction of the price, but that kinda makes things worse.
  • What new players receive (but existing accounts don’t) is 5 character slots, bank slot, and material storage. Existing accounts can buy it in the gem store for 5400 gems, which is valued at about $65 on BLTC.

So by this math, paying $50 for Standard Edition GW2 HoT, the value received

• by a new player is a full game plus digital goodies = $115
  • by a current player it is just HoT content = $8

It’s probably something like this math that makes vet players go bonkers, especially combined with the thought that it’s the same players who covered all the expenses of the game so far.

Well, I plan to get the expansion anyway, since it looks like HoT is pretty much mandatory if you want to keep enjoying gw2, which obviously makes it of greater value, but I do understand now why so many people voice their discontent.

If you’re interested in hearing the many opinions from people who both think this is "really that bad, or not. Please, for the love of God don’t be lazy and create another thread.
Just read this one https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/HoT-Price-Feedback-Base-game-included-merged/page/94#post5185060
It has almost 100 pages worth of information likely to answer your question, OR act as a place to ask further questions if needed.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Yes. It’s not just price or something, it’s the whole direction is shifting to ultra casuals, not even doing dungeons/raids, not caring that their “expansion” doesn’t seem to have lots of zones or an epic world-spanning feel.

Have they confirmed there’s no instanced content then?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Some people have decided that others are getting more value than them for the same price. To these people this is a legitimate problem and may stop some of them playing.

I enjoy populated games. I personally support the addition of the core game free in the pack , to increase player numbers. I would also support those who own the game being given some sort of alternate value.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I believe their dungeon team was disbanded a while back, and there’s been no mention of any instanced content – excluding Guild hall capturing and story missions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

I believe their dungeon team was disbanded a while back, and there’s been no mention of any instanced content – excluding Guild hall capturing and story missions

At the same time:

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

No it i’sent. Some people always need the last word thats all.
This game is pegi 12 so it should be expected. There are people starving to death in africa then here you are complaining about a price tag which cost about the same as shopping in the groceries store get over you’reselves really.
The devs did a terrific job !

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

There are people starving to death in africa then here you are complaining about a price tag which cost about the same as shopping in the groceries store get over you’reselves really.

Oh, that’s rich. Did you really just try to pull the “starving children in Africa” argument over a video game? Maybe some people want the expansion to cost less so that they can donate the money they’d save to those starving kids over there.

Posted by: GeekDavid.2786

GeekDavid.2786

Some people have decided that others are getting more value than them for the same price. To these people this is a legitimate problem and may stop some of them playing.

I enjoy populated games. I personally support the addition of the core game free in the pack , to increase player numbers. I would also support those who own the game being given some sort of alternate value.

It’s already pretty much stopped me playing, at least till this is ironed out.

If this keeps up, they’ll really be desperate for new players, cause many of their vets will just uninstall and go play another game.

Posted by: jgcd.6041

jgcd.6041

The entire thing will blow over. First, the rage isn’t even by a majority of players, but a very vocal minority, considering that there are several hundred thousand players worldwide. Second, every expansion for an MMO has sticking points with said minority of players. Third, we get the pre-xpac patch with the major changes on Tuesday which will distract most of the complainers as they now new and shiny target.

As for vets leaving, some will, as they have only kept playing because something else hasn’t caught their attention, or given them the excuse they’ve been looking for to quit. I don’t think they will leave in droves, though.

GW2 managed to survive the make or break point for an MMO, lasting longer than a year, so the game will survive this.

- This is a forum, expect logic to get left at the door, beaten bloody, and set on fire.

- The more asinine the post or thread, the more I am amused.

Ricky.4706

you are a vocal minority, there are about 6 major websites with articles that disagree.

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

you are a vocal minority, there are about 6 major websites with articles that disagree.

Those 6 articles were written by 6 people. That doesn’t mean they represent a majority. All they do is write about the vocal minority so more people can read what the vocal minority thinks.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

the game will survive this.

I tend to think so. There’s been significant rage at least twice before that I’m aware of and we weathered the storm. I still think the majority of players haven’t voiced their opinions one way or another, so I think time will tell if happy or sad wins the day. My opinion is that most players are probably going to get HoT sooner or later.

Posted by: MoonStoneX.9245

MoonStoneX.9245

I have no problem w/ New Players getting the base game for free when they buy HoT. I think that’s an amazing deal and will attract more players (or it would have before this whole kitten storm happened). My issue is that I find the price for the expansion a little to high for what we have seen up to this point and the fact that the Standard didn’t come w/ an Extra Character. If what they show from now till release is worth even $40 I would be willing to pay the $50 – $100 dollars for the expansion.

Ricky.4706

Those 6 articles were written by 6 people. That doesn’t mean they represent a majority. All they do is write about the vocal minority so more people can read what the vocal minority thinks.

6 people with a bigger audience than you maybe ?

Ricky.4706

maybe if we got pewdiepie to review it , that would be 7 ?

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

6 people with a bigger audience than you maybe ?

The audience is certainly big. That doesn’t mean everone who reads their article is unhappy about the price. Most of them are happy or indifferent about the subject.

Ricky.4706

wishful thinking is good, let’s see what happens. I hope for the best, but not for the dark side to win, i want my old gw guys back.