Is there a point to Itzel Poison Lore?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I know of two areas in Dragon’s Stand that “requires” it, but that’s all that comes to mind since all the Hero Challenges/Points that needed it have been moved/removed. Just curious if I really even need it or, if there’s some cool things left that requires it.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There’s a few places in TD but that’s pretty much it. The Chak acid one isn’t worth it either. The ones for the daily champs are meh.

Posted by: Mattus.1345

Mattus.1345

Have you checked the charr-motorbike race minigame? There are a lot of poison plants there, so this mastery makes the race way easier (got gold on my first try)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

if u wan to get some mastery or is it hp, i dun rmb

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I did the charr motorbike race, with poison mastery, it didn’t protect me from the vines:( not that it’s hard to avoid em.
Well, pretty sure I had poison mastery done at the time lol…

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

There are at least three Hero Points and one Mastery Point locked behind this mastery in Verdant Brink alone.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

There are at least three Hero Points and one Mastery Point locked behind this mastery in Verdant Brink alone.

This is false. I think there might have been when they launched but its not true now. I have map complete and do not have the poison mastery.

Some of the mastery levels seem like things they wanted to implement but never really got around to, I am assuming some of the group will need them for raids. I can easily see running through poison to touch a switch/plate/item/etc. Or having to fight in a poison cloud or some such.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

This is false. I think there might have been when they launched but its not true now. I have map complete and do not have the poison mastery.

Some of the mastery levels seem like things they wanted to implement but never really got around to, I am assuming some of the group will need them for raids. I can easily see running through poison to touch a switch/plate/item/etc. Or having to fight in a poison cloud or some such.

I will have to check. I hadn’t bothered going back to those points since I didn’t have the mastery.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I will have to check. I hadn’t bothered going back to those points since I didn’t have the mastery.

I finished a VB map completion on a Rev yesterday; no Itzel Poison Lore required. Like I said, they’ve removed it from affecting Hero Challenges as near as I can tell. Auric Basin as well. Not sure about TD and DS, though.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

The mastery is still needed for a MP point in Auric and a few areas in Tangled. If you’re a completionist, yes, you’ll still need it . . . unfortunately.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

There’s a hero challenge which require it in Tangled Depths too. ( The Chak Hatchery )

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I finished a VB map completion on a Rev yesterday; no Itzel Poison Lore required. Like I said, they’ve removed it from affecting Hero Challenges as near as I can tell. Auric Basin as well. Not sure about TD and DS, though.

there was 3 places that required it, but a patch changed this. On one, they moved the poison field so you can glide on top of the HP without triggering poison. The other poison field was removed entirely. And the north one in the cave you can glide/jump around to get the MP.

There are at least 2 in DS that you cannot get without it though. And one on the east side of AB (in that cave). And two in chak stronghold in Tangled that theres no workaround to get without it..

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

It’s down to 1 MP now, I think. Only the underground MP due east of Jaka Itzel wp requires poison mastery.

Osu

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Only thing that bums me out, I thought poison mastery would help in “The Floor is Lava” alas… “The goggles! They do nothing!!!”