Is this pre order site a hoax or real?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: RedHouse.8631

RedHouse.8631

I am very excited about the expansion and I have been on the look out for a way of pre ordering the game, but unless we hear from Arena Net, or any official suppliers e.g Amazon or GAME I wouldn’t trust any websites at the moment that offer a pre order.

I tried to contact this website to see if they have a deal with Arena Net or NC Soft about the pre order copies. I bought a game from here before and it all worked out great I have the game on Steam, so that doesn’t seem to shady, but they have a pre order for Heart Of Thorns which I find a bit odd.

Could a Arena Net Dev be able to tell me if this site is real, as in they are a partnered site , or if this is a hoax.

[link removed by moderator]

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Personally, I wouldn’t really pre-order HOT on a game site that sells power-leveling or gold. That’s just me. o.O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

Yeeeeaaaaaah, I’m going to go out on a limb here and proclaim “It’s a Trap!”.

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

I am very excited about the expansion and I have been on the look out for a way of pre ordering the game, but unless we hear from Arena Net, or any official suppliers e.g Amazon or GAME I wouldn’t trust any websites at the moment that offer a pre order.

I tried to contact this website to see if they have a deal with Arena Net or NC Soft about the pre order copies. I bought a game from here before and it all worked out great I have the game on Steam, so that doesn’t seem to shady, but they have a pre order for Heart Of Thorns which I find a bit odd.

Could a Arena Net Dev be able to tell me if this site is real, as in they are a partnered site , or if this is a hoax.

Why not just wait until Anet posts an official listing on their http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.buyguildwars2 page? They will certainly do this; there is no reason at all to get this game through a 3rd party. It’s not like you’re actually going to get it any quicker or cheaper…

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

No one has deals with ANet or NCSoft yet, there’s still a lot of work before release dates and prices can be set. Any projected release dates are just third parties trying to grab your cash. And ANet would never partner with power-leveling or gold seller sites, those activities result in account bans.

(I say the latter based on ronpierce’s post, as I don’t want to click the link in the OP).

Posted by: RedHouse.8631

RedHouse.8631

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Yeah that is true, I can’t play it any faster Just so excited about it all!

Just wanted to make sure, I thought it was too good to be true!

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

You might want to remove the link from your OP. Pretty sure linking gold-sellers in the forum is a no-no.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Yeah that is definitely a trap.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Anet themselves have not officially announced a pre-order yet in any capacity, so I wouldn’t believe ANY website claiming to have pre-orders available at this point. Especially not an unsavory website like what you linked to (didn’t see the link myself, but from what others have said I can imagine what it is).

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Some box retailers actually will start offering pre-orders on certain products before they have release dates. This practice is risky and kinda frowned upon, since they haven’t yet been able to order the copies they’re trying to sell.

I should be writing.

Posted by: Yvonio.9380

Yvonio.9380

Link was removed by a mod… Says enough, does it not?

(edited by Yvonio.9380)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

If you want to know about pre-order best check here https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/en . Although they’d also probably announce it on the home page http://www.guildwars2.com/en

Posted by: Seishiro.7468

Seishiro.7468

Since the game doesn’t even have a releasedate yet I would say you shouldn’t preorder it anywhere since all the websites that tell you otherwise might just run off with our creditcard.

“Trust in iron, not false gods” Karnar Ironclaw, Centurio of the Iron Legion

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

So instead of buying it directly from Steam, you bought it through a third party who just bought it from another retailer and sent you the Steam key? Here’s three possible scenarios:

• They overcharged you: you got fleeced for a few dollars and they have all the information you gave them for the purchase (name, email address, paypal account or credit card number, one of the passwords you like to use, any and all details you provided while signing up with them).
  • They charged MSRP: they have all the information you gave them for the purchase.
  • They undercharged you: they have all the information you gave them for the purchase and they’re gonna get their money back, most likely by selling this information to even less scrupulous people.

Them being a legitimate operation is not a possible scenario.

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

So instead of buying it directly from Steam, you bought it through a third party who just bought it from another retailer and sent you the Steam key? Here’s three possible scenarios:

• They overcharged you: you got fleeced for a few dollars and they have all the information you gave them for the purchase (name, email address, paypal account or credit card number, one of the passwords you like to use, any and all details you provided while signing up with them).
  • They charged MSRP: they have all the information you gave them for the purchase.
  • They undercharged you: they have all the information you gave them for the purchase and they’re gonna get their money back, most likely by selling this information to even less scrupulous people.

While generally sounds advice from a shady website, I could have sworn there were places that buy steam games on sale and then resell them after the sale ends(having not added them to a library) at a price higher than the sale, but lower than normal retail. Thus there is a legitimate way to make money reselling steam games below msrp where everybody wins (except perhaps valve)

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

While generally sounds advice from a shady website, I could have sworn there were places that buy steam games on sale and then resell them after the sale ends(having not added them to a library) at a price higher than the sale, but lower than normal retail. Thus there is a legitimate way to make money reselling steam games below msrp where everybody wins (except perhaps valve)

Unauthorized Steam resellers have a poor reputation overall, I’ve seen people say they have absolutely no problems with games purchased from one reseller, but I’ve also seen people complain they got scammed by the same guys (the key they received was deactivated and the reseller refuses to refund) and even publishers issue warning about unauthorized resellers.

General rule of thumb is that if someone’s willing to bend the rules a little and cheat the system for a little profit (even if it’s to your advantage), you really can’t blindly hope they won’t bend the rules a little and cheat you for a little profit as well.

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

Just use common sense people…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It’s entirely possible to buy games from retailers at a price less than from steam. In my country it happens to all steam games that have a box release. I guess this might be caused partly by currency exchange rates, but the primary reason is that steam games (unless bought on reduced price offer day) are usually ridiculously overpriced. Seriously, it is as if lot of the prices already were precalculated for the possibility they will be bought only on sale days.

Edit: Note, that i’m not talking here about unauthorized Steam resellers (those are often iffy).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)