It's May 15th 2016

It's May 15th 2016

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Firelysm.8190

Firelysm.8190

I did quit GW2 in december, because Anet didn’t deliver nearly 50% of promised content on the expansion release. I ran out of content after 2 months. I’m wondering how far is anet from releasing Legendary armor?!

Any news on that?

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Scipion.7548

Scipion.7548

Your topic will be outdated tomorrow.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

The first 3 wings cover Collection “part: I” So my guess is there will be 3-4 collections for the legendary armor set.
Honestly? I’m not holding much hope for legendary armor before 2018.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I did quit GW2 in december, because Anet didn’t deliver nearly 50% of promised content on the expansion release. I ran out of content after 2 months. I’m wondering how far is anet from releasing Legendary armor?!

Any news on that?

What content are you counting that ANet missed out on 50%? From the wiki, here are the promised features:

• Heart of Maguuma: added (and updated 19 April). Four new maps, multiple levels, new metas.
  • HoT story: added
  • Mastery system: added new HoT masteries and several core ones.
  • New prof: revenant — added and, erm, relevant.
  • Stronghold for PvP: added.
  • WvW: Desert BL: added (since restored to Alpine BL, by popular demand).
  • WvW: Shield generator and reworked abilities: added.
  • WvW: World ability: added
  • Guild Halls: two added
  • Raids: as announced, adding wings in waves.
  • Fractals: new system, new masteries added as promised.
  • Adventures: added
  • Map bonus rewards: added
  • Ascended gear: now salvageable
  • Legendary gear:
    • New backpacks: added
    • New armor: not in game yet
    • New legendaries: 4 of 16 promised added; work cancelled (at least for now) on the other 11.
    • Legendary collections for generation 1 precursors: added
  • Commander & squad updates: added.
  • Action camera: added.

I can’t say whether anyone in particular will enjoy the changes. I’m just pointing out that nearly all of the content advertised has been added (the big exception being legendary gear).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The 10% or so of the expansion content that wasn’t delivered, for the most part, remains undelivered. It’s not 50% by any stint of the imagination.

The second raid wing is out. Legendary back pieces are out, but legendary armor is not. There are only 4 legendary weapons and the rest have been put on hold indefinitely.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Aww, well, you know the saying:

Percentages are in the eye of the beholder. ; )

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i was hoping this would be a post about how there’s no news on the next one.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Mez Koo.9510

Mez Koo.9510

How did you run out of stuff in 2 months?

After 7 months I still don’t have enough time to finish things. Even though I’ve been finishing bigger goals, they keep adding things to distract me.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

How did you run out of stuff in 2 months?

After 7 months I still don’t have enough time to finish things. Even though I’ve been finishing bigger goals, they keep adding things to distract me.

Locust effect.

TS probably zerged the maps with the majority and ignored the content that they are not interested in.

While such an opinion and idea might not be our version of right or correct, it is their version of right or correct.

Personally I have been doing something very opposite to the TS. I played a bit of the HoT content, but didn’t want to blast through it in large groups. Instead I stayed out and have now returned to a pace that allows me to explore the maps comfortably.

I haven’t even finished Verdant Brink completely yet. I revisit for a few hours here and there and I like it much better now. The content difficulty was never an issue for me, it was more that I don’t like doing a map with hundreds of players buzzing all about.

Everyone has their own idea of what is important content. I don’t think of legendary armor as important content, whereas TS obviously does.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Any news on that?

You 100% HoT in to months? Did you not sleep? I’m only just finishing up my collection for wild abandon. True I’ve not played a lot of HoT till recently dew to me playing alot of PvP, easy way to get an ascended back item. I’m having, fun finding little nods around the maps to GW1, just looking at the maps and taking them in. Maybe it’s just me but there is still so much to do.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Still, the OP has a point: aside from the raid nothing substancially like new Maps/Story etc. has been added. It’s literally the same ridiculous only 4 maps we have for a full expansion! I was so sure they’ll add 2-3 new maps. Aside from this: still no single new fractal? Instanced 5man content has been stale since 2 years! I mean this is ridiculous. Look at WoW: they add 6-8 dungeons every 2 years plus 3-4 raids! No really, the amount of content released for GW2 is just horrible. I really don’t understand what them take so long. Just do some easy dungeons, we don’t need fancy kitten like aetherblade TA (you know the one no one does be cause of gimmicks and all the kitten). We want some cool bosses and fancy gear. That hard?

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

TA A is run all the time now because you get a guaranteed weapon drop from it.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Any news on that?

What content are you counting that ANet missed out on 50%? From the wiki, here are the promised features:

• Heart of Maguuma: added (and updated 19 April). Four new maps, multiple levels, new metas.
  • Legendary gear:
    • New legendaries: 4 of 16 promised added; work cancelled (at least for now) on the other 11.

I can’t say whether anyone in particular will enjoy the changes. I’m just pointing out that nearly all of the content advertised has been added (the big exception being legendary gear).

LOL I’m sorry but are you serious?

Most of that “content” is grind with a pretty veneer. The action camera? There was a mod for it like years ago. The changes and tweaks to interfaces and skills is not “content” they’re simply alterations to existing content.

The new maps qualify, as does the Revenant. That’s about it. So in actuality, only about 30% of HoT was actual content, the rest just changes to already existing systems or things like Guild Halls which should have been present at launch for a game called GUILD WARS.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Any news on that?

If you ran outta content after two months you weren’t playing GW2 HoT properly.

Your topic will be outdated tomorrow.

It’s lasted one day longer so far then you imagined.

>“wiki.guildwars2.com/
Guild Wars 2: Wiki, the comprehensive reference written and maintained by the players. .”

I wouldn’t trust everything you read on the wiki as what really was promised. but that being said, its better to speak articulately (not like me) and define or explain the exact reasons you feel the game was lacking, otherwise it just comes off as complaining/ whining/kittening with no real substance just personal opinion.

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Any news on that?

What content are you counting that ANet missed out on 50%?

Well, you know, 96.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Any news on that?

• Legendary gear:

Most of that “content” is grind with a pretty veneer. The action camera? There was a mod for it like years ago. The changes and tweaks to interfaces and skills is not “content” they’re simply alterations to existing content.

The new maps qualify, as does the Revenant. That’s about it. So in actuality, only about 30% of HoT was actual content, the rest just changes to already existing systems or things like Guild Halls which should have been present at launch for a game called GUILD WARS.

“Should have been present at launch” can be applied to EVERYTHING added to any game after it has launched. It is the lamest and most useless of complaints to level at things.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Any news on that?

• Legendary gear:

“Should have been present at launch” can be applied to EVERYTHING added to any game after it has launched. It is the lamest and most useless of complaints to level at things.

Wrong. Guild Halls were planned for launch, discussions continued after launch, but Anet couldn’t funnel the resources to make it happen. So they piggy-backed Guild Halls onto HoT and marketed them as a new feature.

It's May 15th 2016

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Any news on that?

• Legendary gear:

Are you serious? You’ve listed two things that ANet promised and delivered — by your count, ANet delivered 100% of HoT content; they only thing they are missing is the legendaries (not “content” according to your definition).

The action camera wasn’t an official part of the game until HoT, so it’s moot that some third party wrote something that served that purpose. And sorry, but the game’s name has nothing to do with what ANet has offered us — it’s a lore-based name that had nearly zero impact on the mechanics both GW1 and GW2.

I get that you aren’t happy with HoT and perhaps not with GW2 generally, so why not just say don’t like the game (or particular things about it)? There are plenty of things to criticize about GW2 and about ANet’s plans; we don’t have to invent any.

Guild Halls were planned for launch, discussions continued after launch, but Anet couldn’t funnel the resources to make it happen. So they piggy-backed Guild Halls onto HoT and marketed them as a new feature.

There were tons of things that ANet wanted to include for the game’s original launch. Like with anything, they couldn’t possibly deliver them all. Plans change as they should for any game that’s going to even mediocre, more so for good and great ones.

It’s fine to criticize ANet if they failed to deliver something they advertised (e.g. arguably: 12 missing legendaries for HoT), but we can’t say that Guild Halls were going to happen at launch, because they were never more than an idea. They were offered as part of HoT, never as part of the 2012 launch.

It's May 15th 2016

Vayne.8563

Any news on that?

• Legendary gear:

Wrong. Guild Halls were planned for launch, discussions continued after launch, but Anet couldn’t funnel the resources to make it happen. So they piggy-backed Guild Halls onto HoT and marketed them as a new feature.

This is absolutely 100% untrue. Guild Halls were not planned for launch, not even a little bit.

On Guild Wars 2 Guru, long before there were official forums, someone asked about personal housing and Martin Kerstein answered, saying that housing is definitely not slated for launch. Most likely it would come out when Guild Halls did, possibly with the first expansion.

I’m paraphrasing here, but that’s what was said. And it was talked about for a while after, which is why I remember.

On the other hand, I don’t think you can find a single scrap of evidence that said Anet was even considering adding guild halls at launch.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Any news on that?

• Legendary gear:

This is absolutely 100% untrue. Guild Halls were not planned for launch, not even a little bit.

On Guild Wars 2 Guru, long before there were official forums, someone asked about personal housing and Martin Kerstein answered, saying that housing is definitely not slated for launch. Most likely it would come out when Guild Halls did, possibly with the first expansion.

I’m paraphrasing here, but that’s what was said. And it was talked about for a while after, which is why I remember.

On the other hand, I don’t think you can find a single scrap of evidence that said Anet was even considering adding guild halls at launch.

That’s not credible. Anet had been very careful about not promising an expansion or expansion-based content until they actually announced an expansion. Unless you can prove that those posts existed on Guru, I’m called BS.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Legendary only means it takes a legendary long time to develop. Not that it has some shinny particle effect.

I mean taking over 6 months to develop an armor skin defies any logic of how running a game development company should work.

People are developing items for modded games in their basements with the same level of quality and way faster. Something is just completely wrong with guild wars 2 legendary development team.

It's May 15th 2016

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Any news on that?

• Legendary gear:

That’s not credible. Anet had been very careful about not promising an expansion or expansion-based content until they actually announced an expansion. Unless you can prove that those posts existed on Guru, I’m called BS.

Here you go:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/18447-guild-info-discussion-thread/page__st__180#entry887047

It's May 15th 2016

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Legendary only means it takes a legendary long time to develop. Not that it has some shinny particle effect.

I mean taking over 6 months to develop an armor skin defies any logic of how running a game development company should work.

People are developing items for modded games in their basements with the same level of quality and way faster. Something is just completely wrong with guild wars 2 legendary development team.

You’ve oversimplified the process for legendaries.

• The skin itself, which is (one assumes) just a somewhat longer process than any other skin in the game.
  • The shiny effects, including footfalls, which require more time and different skills, different QA.
  • The economics — we’ll complain about it anyhow, but if they don’t make an attempt at balancing costs, then things would be even worse.
  • The collection process, which is extremely involved. For the original precursors, ANet wasn’t careful enough and so they slowed down the development (and then stopped it). There are associated foes that need updated drop tables; new programming flags (to prevent early/late acquisition); collections themselves; conditional logic; events that need new code and/or triggers; events that have to be checked for failure conditions (and pre-event failure/success conditions).

tl;dr the items themselves aren’t the issue. It’s all the related processes that go into acquiring the relevant components.

Now, maybe ANet should go back to the way it was before: precursors drop randomly with astronomically-low drop rates and there are no collections required, just a mystic forge recipe. Then the primary bottleneck would be the skins, which, as you say, probably don’t take all that long.

It's May 15th 2016

Vayne.8563

Any news on that?

• Legendary gear:

I dont’ care if you call BS. I don’t care if you think the post exists. It existed, it was widely talked about, it’s going on five years now, and no I didn’t save a copy at the time because why would I.

Yet you’ll take the word for someone who says guild halls were supposed to be in at launch but where’s the evidence? That post existed and people talked about it. I have no reason to lie.

It's May 15th 2016

Vayne.8563

Any news on that?

• Legendary gear:

Here you go:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/18447-guild-info-discussion-thread/page__st__180#entry887047

Thanks for this Cedo. Is it credible now, Da Shi? Have you ever caught me lying?

When I said there was a clarification of the manifesto people say it was bogus until someone posted it. My memory may not be 100% perfect, but I still have a pretty kitten good memory, especially for something that I spent a lot of time following in great detail. I not only read conversations but participated in them.

There’s no reason to lie about this stuff. Guild Halls were NEVER slated to be in the original launch. Not once. Not ever, as confirmed by an Anet employee.

I’ll be happy to entertain any evidence you have to the contrary.

It's May 15th 2016

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I strongly recommend calming down.

It's May 15th 2016

Vayne.8563

I strongly recommend calming down.

I’m quite calm actually. But it is as I said. Guild Halls were never meant to be in at launch and Martin K did say what I said he said.

It's May 15th 2016

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You’re welecome; you know, it was a 10-second Google search. Lol. It may behoove anyone to expend the tiny effort to research something before accusing others of being disingenuous. /shrug

I remember those posts/threads/discussions, as well, as it was a ‘hot’ topic back before launch.