It's a joke?

It's a joke?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: iBlaker.7028

iBlaker.7028

$ 50 for expansion + core game free for new players.

And the older players who have kept alive their play?

An upgrade to deluxe edition or if you already have a discount on this expansion.

But no.

ANet creates very little expansion, puts an exorbitant price and laughs in the face of the veteran players.

CONGRATULATIONS ARENA NET, I will not buy this expansion.

It's a joke?

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

An upgrade to deluxe edition or if you already have a discount on this expansion.

But no.

ANet creates very little expansion, puts an exorbitant price and laughs in the face of the veteran players.

Couldn’t just add this to the other 3+ pages of threads that are all saying the same thing?

Very little expansion? Once again we have someone with a time machine that has experienced the entire expansion.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

It's a joke?

Posted by: iBlaker.7028

iBlaker.7028

Very little expansion? Once again we have someone with a time machine that has experienced the entire expansion.

3 maps (some small maps) + 1 profession for $ 50. is not realy a joke?

Throw your money if you want.

It's a joke?

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

The joke to me is all these people that are filled with utter agony that someone gets a gift and they don’t.

It's a joke?

Posted by: Master Togo.4281

Master Togo.4281

You Know NOTHING John Snow….

Ingame: King Of Black Gate
Home: Black Gate
Guild: We The Farmers [WTF]

It's a joke?

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

The joke to me is all these people that are filled with utter agony that someone gets a gift and they don’t.

Once again, it is not the gift, it is adding a class that most will be forced to spend extra to play, or forced to delete progression to play. It is the shady bait and switch with the FAQ’s. It is the complete lack of communication. It is all the misleading info such as the core game is now free (i don’t see it in the shop for $0.00 do you ?). It is the lack of information about what exactly we can expect for a minimum $50.

The gift for new players seems like a slap in the face but it really is not the core reason people are upset.

It's a joke?

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Maybe it’s because they have better understanding of marketing tricks than you. And I don’t see anyone experiencing utter agony, either, they just boycott the expansion.

You Know NOTHING John Snow….

If you are going to kittenpost, at least do it right. His name is Jon.

It's a joke?

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

No the joke is Anet led people to believe that they had to purchase the core game before HoT came out order for them to play HoT, but that was not true. Anet changing their FAQ proves that they misled customers into buying something that was going to be included with the expansion.

It's a joke?

briggah.7910

3 maps (some small maps) + 1 profession for $ 50. is not realy a joke?

Throw your money if you want.

You know for a fact we are getting 3 maps? If it is a fact and we get 3 maps, from what I heard these maps are not flat maps. They have several levels to them so yes they might look smaller but they have more to explore.

Guess you forgot about all the other stuff like a new PVP game mode. Each character gets its own specialization. New legendary weapons. Guild Halls.

Where should I throw my money? Shall I make it rain??

Player Vs Everyone

It's a joke?

Random.4691

A map is a map, if you buy a house with 2 stories, it is still a house it does not magically become two house’s.

It's a joke?

briggah.7910

A map is a map, if you buy a house with 2 stories, it is still a house it does not magically become two house’s.

So if you buy a house with one floor and your friend buys a 3 story house. Which house has more places to go to?

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

It's a joke?

Random.4691

that would depend on the size of the single floor house, they can get pretty kitten big you know.

It's a joke?

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

Everyone gets it, they just take it away if you already have it.

It says it comes with the core game on the purchase page.w
When you register a serial key there’s a list of things it includes. One of those is the core game. Then it says you won’t get it because you have it.

(edited by Mallis.4295)

It's a joke?

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Everyone gets it, they just take it away if you already have it.

It says it comes with the core game on the purchase page.w
When you register a serial key there’s a list of things it includes. One of those is the core game. Then it says you won’t get it because you have it.

That’s some pretty twisted logic.

It’s crazier because people that don’t have maxxed slots don’t have much in the way of a practical use for another key anyways. All the outrage that’s not pure greed (they should charge less! They should give a free character slot!) is entirely conceptual.

It's a joke?

Posted by: Tarnicus.2865

Tarnicus.2865

Strangely if one puts a wall in the middle of it, it becomes a duplex, and thus two houses :P

It's a joke?

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

But no.

Couldn’t just add this to the other 3+ pages of threads that are all saying the same thing?

I think its better for the forum to have wall to wall threads about this. Its Anets new image.