Its time to give us info about HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

We have waited, boarded the hype train, and the hype train is slowing to a halt. Many of us have pre-ordered with no release date, and half of the expansions information is not even there.

Please, give us more information so we can get this hype train going at full speed again.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

The hype train has definitely screeched to a halt. Pre-purchasing didn’t get it up and running again either.

We need more info dagkittenit

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

No preorder from me unless I see a release date plus actual in game content. I’ve been recently quite burned on… other… preordered expansions. :|

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

We have waited, boarded the hype train, and the hype train is slowing to a halt. Many of us have pre-ordered with no release date, and half of the expansions information is not even there.

See, it’s pretty much your fault.

ArenaNet hyped the game so people would be interested and then buy it.

You, in other hand, already bought it. What need is there for hype when players have already given ArenaNet their money?

The best thing you can do to make ArenaNet power up the hype machine is to ask for a refund.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I don’t know why people pre-order/pre-purchase when there is no incentive to do so.

Are you afraid they might run out of digital copies?

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

yeah give us some info, this is BS, get the omg preorder info and guild vid then back to weekly silence. BS

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

That is how they do things. Long periods of silence and then suddenly something they hope will get people excited.

Once people have been given long enough to forget the initial pre-order mess they’ll try and get people going again for a fresh round of sales.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know why people pre-order/pre-purchase when there is no incentive to do so.

Are you afraid they might run out of digital copies?

Supporting the company is an incentive to do so for me. Because I’m really enjoying this MMO and I don’t enjoy other MMOs. How much more incentive do I need.

Unless you think the game won’t come out for some reason, and I strongly suspect it will, there’s no downside to me ordering right away.

Posted by: mosselyn.5081

mosselyn.5081

It has been slow recently, but I’d guess it was because of the push to get that last patch out, then give people a little chance to recover and enjoy the holiday weekend in US. I expect news will start flowing again very soon.

Edit: And by “people” here, I mean their employees, not us.

[OTG] The Old Timers Guild of Yaks Bend
www.oldtimersguild.com

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

They dont give info during the weekend hold your horses. No mounts here =)

Posted by: Grenthblood.1358

Grenthblood.1358

It’s both a weekend, and a holiday weekend at that. It’s not uncommon for gaming companies to slow their news releases and communications altogether on holiday weeks. Couple that with the fact that they don’t even work weekends, and you end up with no news.

Last week was the big patch, and the week before that we got a deluge of information of guild halls. It’s literally only been 2 weeks since we’ve gotten new information. Be patient. It’ll come when it’ll come.

I remember a time when info was being released for the original release of GW2, and we had a 2 MONTH gap in information. (Between the pre-purchase start and release-date announcement i believe). Then it’s like we opened a giant present and got everything at once. It seriously felt like Christmas day for me.

All I’m trying to say is, be patient. Sometimes it’s truly worth the wait.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I have been playing Star Trek Online while I am waiting, it is the Summer festival there. FREE swimsuits and power boards!

Hey ANet I want a swimsuit for South Sun Cove Beach. Or better yet a summer event

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Don’t worry guys we will have information “when it’s ready” just trust us!

Ok on a more serious note, yeah Arenanet has really kittened me off, I thought the whole point of the pre-order was so that the news could speed up giving us lots of incentive, but apparently not, apparently a pre-order is an excuse to grind all relevant news to a halt… and don’t even get me started on the BS of having a pre-order without a release date…

Oh yeah and before you all jump to their defense, first of all the “patch” they released a week ago, while very cool, is not a very relevant content patch, it’s a glorified Feature Pack and a redesigned city. Yeah a really good feature pack and new city, but not a whole lot of incentive to get back into the game if you are already bored out of your skull… Also it’s not our job to “be patient” it’s arena-net’s job to keep us interested, and if they fail to do that their customers will move on, simple as that, we are gamers we aren’t known for patience, if we don’t get some amazing reveal this tuesday I’m going to be kittened off

(edited by thewaterguy.4796)

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

People waits for more info when in reality theres not much left. Possibly guild raids as “challenge group contest” or some open word raids like teq, triple wurms, specialization and size of xpac – maps. You have been warned that HoT inst worth 50$ and bc you prepurchased already and gave them money they dont have to care what you think anymore nor rush to provide us info. Why should they anyway? They got what they wanted. I honestly cannot believe that average iq is 95.

obey me

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I have been playing Star Trek Online while I am waiting, it is the Summer festival there. FREE swimsuits and power boards!

Hey ANet I want a swimsuit for South Sun Cove Beach. Or better yet a summer event

Marvel Heroes myself. Despite the recent Iceman nerf, I’m still liking playing the various characters. That said, I’ve given up on getting any information any time soon about the expansion.

Nope, didn’t pre-order and doesn’t look like I will. Like I said before, I’d like to know what I’m getting before I pay cash for it. Not falling into that trap again.

The Sims 4 taught me that lesson.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Please, give us more information so we can get this hype train going at full speed again.

I’m not going to pre-purchase until I get the information I need first with Challenging Group Content on the top of the list. That said, there is NO need to pre-purchase so early, there is still a long time until the expansion. Let them reveal the info when it is ready, I’d rather they reveal things that are already mostly done, than showing teasers of previews of tests.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Never got on the hypetrain. Even on day 1 when they presented the expansion i was thinking “That’s it?…………….really?…….really!”. Deep down inside i was hoping that was just a teaser and that they would show more..but the more time passes the more i get used to the idea that REALLY was it….nothing more nothing less. I don’t have a clue why ppl got so hyped in the first place really. Maybe different standards and expectations.

As for the “prepurchace then QQ” mentality…that’s all your fault m8. They have no reason to give you more info just because you prepurchased and it should not be considered a reason. You are now practically in the “regret” or “denial” stage of your decision to buy the expansion..and are scared you made the wrong decision buying it because you feel it’s not worth the money you payed.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I was fine with the pre-purchase on the gems alone. Let’s be honest I am going to play HoT whenever it comes out. But the population spiked when everyone was trying for the beta portal and now its back to (not quite) ghost town.
To keep my interest I have wiped and re-rolled a couple classes. What else can we do?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

A few weeks ago we have EIGHT blog posts about HoT. We also had a blog post last week. Yes, they could be faster, but on the other hand they could also be much slower.

The expansion won’t get here faster just because they rush through the blog posts. And I for one prefer to have information spread out rather than getting everything at once and then potentially go months with no info and no release.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

It just would be really nice if we could get information about the other elite specs FINALLY. We waited really long, 2 of 3 light armor classes already know their elite pec, 1 heavvy and 0 medium armor. I just want to know what is going to happen to my engineer, there were so many promises for the core spec which didn’t get real and I’m worried it will be the same for the drones from the trailer. Maybe they are just for the asthetic, engi is getting signets and no drones at all. -.-

skowcia.8257

A few weeks ago we have EIGHT blog posts about HoT. We also had a blog post last week. Yes, they could be faster, but on the other hand they could also be much slower.

Why are you lying? Last week was all about LA and champions to stronghold which we already knew about.

As for your “eight” blogs they were all about guild halls. So you want to tell me that it would be fine to drag info about guild halls 8 weeks?

obey me

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I’ve pre-ordered. I’m happy I pre-ordered. I am spending the money regardless of how much content will be in the expansion just to keep up with my friends and my guild.

But, I also agree that they have done a pretty poor job telling us what will be in this expansion and if I was a new customer, I would be a little wary. It’s time for them to reveal everything at a high level (remaining specialization names/themes, what they mean by difficult group content, will there be new dungeons/fractals/guild missions, number/size of new maps, etc).

They can still keep excitement high with ongoing deep-dive blogs – but with the pre-orders underway, it’s time to finish the “back of the box” reveal.

lordkrall.7241

Why are you lying? Last week was all about LA and champions to stronghold which we already knew about.

As for your “eight” blogs they were all about guild halls. So you want to tell me that it would be fine to drag info about guild halls 8 weeks?

We did not know about the Mist Champions, considering that the system is rather different from the one we saw during the earlier betas. Thus it was new information for HoT. There is in no way lying just because you don’t feel like the information count. In fact, the one lying here is YOU, since you are claiming that we knew stuff that we didn’t.

While they were indeed focused around Guild Halls, they did give information about stuff across all game modes. Especially the new claiming system for WvW was rather big.

Fact remains that we had plenty of information rather recently, as opposed to no information at all lately as the OP seemed to imply.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

skowcia.8257

We did not know about the Mist Champions, considering that the system is rather different from the one we saw during the earlier betas. Thus it was new information for HoT. There is in no way lying just because you don’t feel like the information count. In fact, the one lying here is YOU, since you are claiming that we knew stuff that we didn’t.

While they were indeed focused around Guild Halls, they did give information about stuff across all game modes. Especially the new claiming system for WvW was rather big.

Fact remains that we had plenty of information rather recently, as opposed to no information at all lately as the OP seemed to imply.

A bit modified mechanic is not really different from the old one, and definitely doesnt deserve to take a whole week just bc devs changed their mind. No wonder why everyone on reddit downvote you, they have a good reason to do so.

obey me

lordkrall.7241

A bit modified mechanic is not really different from the old one, and definitely doesnt deserve to take a whole week just bc devs changed their mind. No wonder why everyone on reddit downvote you, they have a good reason to do so.

A bit?

During the betas there was one Hero per side (and it never changed, red always had the same one and blue always had the other). With basically identical functions.

In the new system there are three vastly different characters, which rely on the team taking each other choices into account and can very much change the flow of the battle.

It changes the whole mechanics of the game mode.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

Would you prefer they give you info they’re iterating on, so might be changed or repealed altogether, or give you info when they have it?
Relax.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I’m not bashing Anet here but next time maybe you people that Pre-puchased shouldn’t. All it has accomplished is proving that they don’t need to release content info, they can take their time, and keep us in the dark because people will buy it anyways.

Had the majority of people said no we’ll wait, I’m sure you would be seeing a lot more info.

To each their own, but if you did pre-purchase you probably should avoid making threads about content, they already suckered you.

lordkrall.7241

NEED MORE INFO THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT EVEN THE LA UPDATE IT WAS NICE BUT NOT AN EXCUSE FOR WHAT A MONTH OF NOTHING NEW?

We had 8 blog posts about three weeks ago. We had another last week.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

We did not know about the Mist Champions, considering that the system is rather different from the one we saw during the earlier betas. Thus it was new information for HoT.

As I’ve pointed out in other threads, that’s not HoT news. It’s news, yes, but the new PvP mode is not part of HoT. It’s just coming out at the same time, no expansion purchase required.

Though I will agree with your later post that claims that it IS an important change to the game mode. It IS important news, just not HoT news.

Would you prefer they give you info they’re iterating on, so might be changed or repealed altogether, or give you info when they have it?
Relax.

First option, please.

We’ve seen ANet make some serious missteps when they work without the players’ feedback, and by the time the players know it’s too late to fix it. I think it would save them time AND improve the game if they let us in while there’s still time to fix those missteps, or at least adjust them a bit.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

lordkrall.7241

So, the only information that actually counts is Guild Halls, Masteries, Elite Specialization and new maps?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

So, the only information that actually counts is Guild Halls, Masteries, Elite Specialization and new maps?

I’d say things like new HoT lore count as well, even though I found that to be annoying. (I want that in the game, not outside of it, please.) Also, the “challenging group content”, though I think we’ve already seen it and they were taken aback by players not seeing it as such.

But those ARE what you get when you buy the expansion, right? Those are the points that need to sell it. Making it sound like the PvP and WvW changes are part of the expansion is a bit dishonest when you don’t need the expansion to get them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I guess they should change the Heart of Thorns home page. A bit sad.

Or does one have to pay for anything belonging to the expansion. I mean, does that mean ArenaNet can no longer offer any content at no cost? Will we have to pay for anything added after the release date?

Or could the expansion include content that does not require a cost? Just like the core game?

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

I would like a release date. I think with pre-order sales, the very least they should do is provide a release date.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

The problem is that what little info has been released is useless for sustaining interest. Guildhalls – well, ok, all I can do is go “that’s nice” and then I am back to waiting.

Whereas the elite spec reveals let us actually do things that will keep us occupied, such as farming some nice skins, or theorycrafting new builds.

Take thief, for example. Now, I don’t play one, but I do have a rifle warrior I haven’t touched for ages. If thieves are getting rifle, then I will spend a long time looking into it and may even have incentive to level a thief in readiness. I will have things to do now and things to be excited for.

Its the same for others who are still waiting for the elite specs to be released.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I would like a release date. I think with pre-order sales, the very least they should do is provide a release date.

It would be nice, but then that would suggest that they had a release date. With the lack of information released I highly doubt they are even close to finished, simple answer is, they don’t know when they will be done.

Posted by: OnyX.9027

OnyX.9027

You will get all the HoT info Soon™ in fact faster than that you will get it NcSoon™

In fact why are you actually expecting any more info? who says how much more they will release into this laughable x-pac? probably leave half of it out so they can charge you for x-pac #2 – Herd of the Cash Cows

Reservoir Shugo – Necro
Soul of Onyx – Guardian

Test.8734

Or does one have to pay for anything belonging to the expansion.

That’s like saying the latest patch was part of HoT, despite how those who haven’t bought the expansion got access to all the changes in it. Content that is available to everyone, no matter if someone has the expansion or not, is rather obviously something that does not belong to the expansion itself.

Posted by: webtoehobbit.4201

webtoehobbit.4201

ANet already got your money with the prepurchase, they have little to no incentive to show you anything more at any kind of a good pace. Now if you had thought it through, realized that “Hey, I’m gonna wait to see what this is all about” before throwing money in ANet’s faces maybe they’d wanna show you more to entice you to buy it.

Ignorance, thanks for ruining this :-)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

That’s like saying the latest patch was part of HoT, despite how those who haven’t bought the expansion got access to all the changes in it. Content that is available to everyone, no matter if someone has the expansion or not, is rather obviously something that does not belong to the expansion itself.

Hmm…I wonder what all the content we got after the core game’s release belongs to then. Certainly not the core game, then. Or this only applies to expansions? Where does Living Story lie then?

It’s all so mind-boggling. /smh

Test.8734

Hmm…I wonder what all the content we got after the core game’s release belongs to then. Certainly not the core game, then. Or this only applies to expansions? Where does Living Story lie then?

It’s all so mind-boggling. /smh

Don’t worry, the Logic Brigade is here to help you.

Can you play the content we got after the core game’s release without having the core game? No? Right then.

Do you need to get anything more than the core game to play through the content we got after the core game’s release? No? Right then.

So, as one can rather obviously see, the content we got after the core game’s release, which just happens to require ownership of the core game and nothing else, is part of the core game.

Unless you think the Living World season 1 was part of HoT, the same applies to the incoming changes to WvW and PvP – the requirement for accessing those is exactly the same as the requirement for most major updates so far. Ergo, and rather obviously too, the incoming changes to WvW and PvP are part of the core game, not part of HoT.

Would you like a chart, too? I guess I can make one that looks like a bunch of small cats.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’m just waiting on any information when it comes to the challenging content. They could simply tell me if it’s instanced or not and I would be happy.

Posted by: noNAME.2645

noNAME.2645

this is the same problem we had before release.
anet would bring hype in these bursts and then for a long time there would be nothing. you can’t help but wish they’d at least balance the information they give us. I can deal with boring drivel about stronghold champions but at least balance those filler articles with bigger pieces i.e. specialization reveals or other big things. i can’t deal with these huge spurts of information where I’m super hyped, followed by these dry spells where the information comes at a trickle.
come on, anet. you’re killing us with the start-and-stop hype train

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

@noNAME how do you reveal something that doesn’t exist? Because the more time passes the more i fear that’s the case.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’m pretty sure they can’t reveal anything else because they haven’t DONE anything else.

Pre-purchase was most likely released with no date and no content in order to get them enough money to actually make the expansion.

Obviously we do not have enough info on the expansion if you are assuming it will launch this year. If you assume the expansion is launching in January however it starts to look like they are right on schedule.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Do you need to get anything more than the core game to play through the content we got after the core game’s release? No?

Yes. Season 2.

Where does Living Story lie then?

The living world was ArenaNet’s own vision of an expansion. The idea was to keep the players active through a constant stream of new content, while funding the game through the gem store. All content added post launch has been a part of the living world concept, which has always been very experimental.

Furthering the living world concept, I suspect that expansions will act as a gateway to it, rather than being traditional expansions. Basically, HoT will be the season pass for future DLC content, aka the living story. What was once free is now paid for up front, and unlike the living story, the simple keyword “expansion” sells itself. This is just another step in their experimental concept.

Posted by: Auudam.2971

Auudam.2971

The train did leave the station but has now come to an end. Why do you announce the expansion then wait for soooo long to release it? The marketing strategy behind this is horrible, in my opinion. Me and lots of friends watch the announcing stream and got really happy, started playing a bit more again and even got some new friends to play the game. The last 2 months we haven’t even logged in to the game. Some started playing TERA with the steam release and the rest of us took the FFXIV path.

I do love GW 2, I really do. But this is not the way to handle a expansion release. It would have been better to not say anything until you knew there was maybe 3 – 5 monhts left until the product was finished. Some people might be gone forever.

A sincere fan