Jon Peters <3 - revenant POI awesome!

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Perfectblue.6409

Perfectblue.6409

By far the best dev! Showed off a lot at POI and genuinely enjoys it.

Can we please have the chick talk less and devs talk more in the next POIs?

Posted by: Coedeax.2567

Coedeax.2567

Uhhhh, I actually enjoyed Rubi’s commentary a lot. John and Roy were enjoyable, as well….

It’s not FAIR!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I love hearing Rubi talk. I wish I had her poise and delivery and voice; I tend to stammer (unless I’m in trial, for some reason), and I’m rather nasally and grating at times, to my chagrin.

This was a fine PoI though, lots of good info, a real demonstration and they showed us all the skills and traits as they are currently implemented. I knew I’d be rolling a Revenant, but now I am eager to!

Also .. “chick…” really? Derogatory and antiquated.

Posted by: Nerevar.7269

Nerevar.7269

Jon is da real mvp

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

Correct me if I’m wrong, but i’m pretty sure its Rubi’s show…

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

I think they hit the perfect balance on this POI. Rubi started and guided the conversation but let the devs do all the explaining and showing off the details. The camaraderie and humor were also nice to see.

I want to see more POIs be like this.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Not today it wasn’t. Jon and Roy took off with it and never gave it back until the end. Rubi is great at color commentary, but she uses a lot of words to say very little. Jon and Roy on the other hand were quite the opposite today and never let up. They gave a lot of information in a very concise, energy filled, and enthusiastic way. They were wonderful!

Edit: in my haste I put in a wrong name so I corrected

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

(edited by Invictus.1503)

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Not today it wasn’t. Jon and Peter took off with it and never gave it back until the end.

*Jon and Roy.

I know Jon Peters was 2x awesome, but he’s still 1x person. :P

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

By far the best dev! Showed off a lot at POI and genuinely enjoys it.

Can we please have the chick talk less and devs talk more in the next POIs?

A no-class comment at the end. Rubi does a great job. This was by far one of the best POI’s all the way around. If you can’t comment in a respectful manner, don’t comment.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Sorry have to agree with the original poster. It would be great if Rubi despite her nice personality would talk less

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Jon for president!

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Next

I’m glad you all enjoyed it!

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

That was the best POI ever.
No offense to ruby; i understand that her goal is to keep the show focused but I feel like she try avoid showing stuff too much.
The map & the classe will be available at PAX east So show more of it please.

& by the way: the wyvern at the end was the best.<3

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

No offense to ruby; i understand that her goal is to keep the show focused but I feel like she try avoid showing stuff too much.

I think that’s her job. That’s why she was so concerned last time when Pop The Revenant showed up.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’m glad you all enjoyed it!

It was a wonderful combination that I hope will grace our POIs in the future whenever things need to be hyped.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The map & the classe will be available at PAX east So show more of it please.

& by the way: the wyvern at the end was the best.<3

That is because ArenaNet is quite aware what could happen if they show something without it being planned. A bit like the interviews where they have said things that have been completely misunderstood due to lack of information and such.

Sure, it is nice to get some extra stuff, but getting unplanned stuff might end up bad.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Knaifhogg.5964

Knaifhogg.5964

I will have dreams of Jon revealing things to me and Roy explaining what’s shown. Can’t wait to hop into bed!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I will have dreams of Jon revealing things to me and Roy explaining what’s shown. Can’t wait to hop into bed!

Ummmm. What sort of things is Jon revealing and Roy explaining to you in bed? O.o

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

lol basically all you care is straight up to the info!

like we all do!

Posted by: RubiBayer

Previous

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

The Chick checking in, although I generally prefer to use my name. :P I’m glad you all enjoyed today’s show! Here’s behind-the-scenes stuff for you.

Morsus, you reminded me to solve the mystery of Pop the revenant: I didn’t even see him/her at the time. When I saw everyone talking about it later I checked the timestamps on the chat that I was using to talk to the people behind the scenes. What I found was me saying “I can hear a kid outside”. Somebody’s little one was visiting the office and they were doing HAPPY SHOUTING! right outside the livestream room door. Oops. I was so distracted by worrying that viewers could hear the yelling child that I totally missed Pop’s cameo.

Usually if I’m making a weird scrunchy face it’s because something is happening that you can’t see, but it needs my attention. So I’ll try to address whatever that thing is while still giving the devs enough of my ear that I don’t have to say “Sorry, what? I wasn’t listening.” if they talk to me right then. I’m giving my full attention to two things at the same time. This seems to turn into rageface is what I’m hearing. I’m considering a life-size photo of a Colin smile mounted on a stick that I can hold in front of my face at these moments. (Sorry Colin sorry sorry)

ANYWAY. There are several people behind the scenes helping out, and two different monitors in my view that they use to communicate with me. If a chat box in one of those lights up, it’s because someone needs to tell me something and I need to pay attention to it. Sometimes it’s because Jon opened the revenant trait panel and the chat room completely lost its collective mind convinced that the revenant was only ever going to get three trait lines ahem, so Josh let us know that that was a thing that was happening and to address it. I wish I could talk more to you all in chat after the show starts, but it’s impossible. Too much to pay attention to!

So there are a couple of general things that should help with some free-floating curiosities. Thanks for watching, Tyrians. As always, I appreciate it tons.

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

The Chick checking in, although I generally prefer to use my name. :P I’m glad you all enjoyed today’s show! Here’s behind-the-scenes stuff for you.

Morsus, you reminded me to solve the mystery of Pop the revenant: I didn’t even see him/her at the time. When I saw everyone talking about it later I checked the timestamps on the chat that I was using to talk to the people behind the scenes. What I found was me saying “I can hear a kid outside”. Somebody’s little one was visiting the office and they were doing HAPPY SHOUTING! right outside the livestream room door. Oops. I was so distracted by worrying that viewers could hear the yelling child that I totally missed Pop’s cameo.

Usually if I’m making a weird scrunchy face it’s because something is happening that you can’t see, but it needs my attention. So I’ll try to address whatever that thing is while still giving the devs enough of my ear that I don’t have to say “Sorry, what? I wasn’t listening.” if they talk to me right then. I’m giving my full attention to two things at the same time. This seems to turn into rageface is what I’m hearing. I’m considering a life-size photo of a Colin smile mounted on a stick that I can hold in front of my face at these moments. (Sorry Colin sorry sorry)

ANYWAY. There are several people behind the scenes helping out, and two different monitors in my view that they use to communicate with me. If a chat box in one of those lights up, it’s because someone needs to tell me something and I need to pay attention to it. Sometimes it’s because Jon opened the revenant trait panel and the chat room completely lost its collective mind convinced that the revenant was only ever going to get three trait lines ahem, so Josh let us know that that was a thing that was happening and to address it. I wish I could talk more to you all in chat after the show starts, but it’s impossible. Too much to pay attention to!

So there are a couple of general things that should help with some free-floating curiosities. Thanks for watching, Tyrians. As always, I appreciate it tons.

lol people thought you were stressed because of pop poping up.

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

In my opinion this has been the best POI regarding HoT so far, I agree on that.
No repetitive abyss-jumps or the like of it.
Some scenic map areas, more organized presentation of the announced PoI-content.
I liked the little cut-scene inbetween. You could see it’s still in the works(at least I hope you will put some impact-debree in, once the vine penetrates the rock, dear devs ), but it was nice to get some impressions.

Last but not least:
I even like Ruby’s performance better this time. Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate the hard work in the previous two episodes.
However, in the previous episodes I sometimes had the feeling that Ruby’s primary task, aside from a friendly moderation of the stream, was to prevent an uneasy silence, since the devs weren’t really allowed to show much of the content in the works.
This time it was a really satisfying balance of content and community-event.

(edited by tekfan.3179)

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

Is there somewhere where i can watch the POI?

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

you cna be asured that we don´tmind things like kids yelling outside the stream room, just makes you more human.
however the blindfold thing was not really a good idea, atleast not during crucial times when you want/need to show some important things about something.

next time concider it as a after info challange fun thing, like: after all details offered to the audience go to a boss or event and do it blindfolded.
because the blindfolded play at the beginning WHILE explaining some thing was admittedly not good, because the ingame camera angle was not good to show off stuff.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Is there somewhere where i can watch the POI?

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/627401366

and thanks for the informative show, looking forward to the next one….Druid?

JQ Druid

Posted by: Eggs.3142

Eggs.3142

A small suggestion. I know it might detract from the oohs and ahhs of the expansion land vistas but…

maybe a training Golem or two? You know, so you can use the skills without having to worry about them going off right. Just a suggestion though

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Sorry to say this, but I dislike this POI because they don’t find the proper enemies to showcase the skills effectiveness.

Also the way they play the class is so clunky that it gives people negative feedback, making people feel this class being relatively weak.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I couldn’t be there for the stream unfortunately, is it still possible to watch this video? All I see on the gw2 Twitch are ESL and Tournament videos.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Robert hrouda he was a great dev.
The best one and he played ranger.
That’ s why he got fired.
That’ s why ranger is broken now

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I couldn’t be there for the stream unfortunately, is it still possible to watch this video? All I see on the gw2 Twitch are ESL and Tournament videos.

Here you go: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/627401366

Also, if you click the GuildWars2 link on the Twitch page most links go to, and then ‘Past Broadcasts’, you will always see all the streams they have done (rather than ‘Highlights’).

Good luck.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I hope this level of quality and excitement remains for the next PoIs, especially if there’ll be ones for showing specializations and/ or what is left to show of the Revenant.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Here you go: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/627401366

Also, if you click the GuildWars2 link on the Twitch page most links go to, and then ‘Past Broadcasts’, you will always see all the streams they have done (rather than ‘Highlights’).

Good luck.

Thank you

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

Who is Pop the Revenant?

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Sorry to say this, but I dislike this POI because they don’t find the proper enemies to showcase the skills effectiveness.

Also the way they play the class is so clunky that it gives people negative feedback, making people feel this class being relatively weak.

weak? people are worried it’s too strong lol. you have to be the first person i see that thinks the revenant might be weak just because they weren’t showing the combos.

i mean, come on, it has two stacks of 4s torment on the autoattack.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

weak? people are worried it’s too strong lol. you have to be the first person i see that thinks the revenant might be weak just because they weren’t showing the combos.

i mean, come on, it has two stacks of 4s torment on the autoattack.

People “knew” it’s strong because we know how to read tool tips. But the way they play it, and the gears they choose to wear gives bad impression to newer people, or people who don’t go search for the tool tips.

I also believe revenant is insanely OP and can abuse the switch Legend system after reading all the tool tips.

But my original claim stays the same, I do not like the way they play the class, they play in a way as if they’re a very new and terrible player…

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

But my original claim stays the same, I do not like the way they play the class, they play in a way as if they’re a very new and terrible player…

You can dislike it all you want but that doesn’t change the fact that they weren’t playing the class. They were going out of their way to NOT play the class and SHOW you individual skills. What you saw was in no way indicative of how the class can be played, much less will be played after various balance passes.