Just coming back

Just coming back

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: MHE Tiger.4875

MHE Tiger.4875

How is the population in game currently? In PvE, PvP, etc?

I’ve noticed a lot of frustration on the forums: people saying they’re moving on and that they don’t like the game anymore, etc… is this affecting the in game population or is this just forum frustration?

I can never tell how a game is doing so I’ll just ask here.

Just coming back

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

It is a matter of taste. If you liked the relaxed atmosphere that was GW2 in the past, it has changed significantly in the amount of grinding you need to do, for less rewards. If however you like the new “challenge” of waiting for meta events to pop and doing raids you will like it.

Most of my casual guild only logs in for the dailies now and to do a bit of the festival. If you left due to boredom with a casual atmosphere then you might like it now, but I see less players when I do log in.

WvW is for all intent and purposes dead unless you like to do the T1 mega zerg thing. PvP seems to be doing well enough, well at least I think it is judging by the amount of yellow, green and blue tags I have seen.

Ultimately you need to be the judge.

Just coming back

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

im on “full server” and pop in WvW seems increasiling backing to normal.

Just coming back

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

megaserver keep everything in pve pretty good wvw seems to be lacking numbers on the lower range servers b ut they arent bad. and yes i have noticed a bit of return of some wvwers lately but the numbers are no where close before exspansion

Just coming back

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Honestly, the forums is where people come to complain about things that need a fix. Even I come on here to let the devs know when I’m not happy about something. I still love this game. HoT is the most fun I’ve had in the game since it launched back in 2012. I actually been playing more than ever.

Personally, I wouldn’t say it’s a grind. Because it really isn’t intended for people to complete everything in a week. A lot of it is long term goals that you do when you’re playing moderately. I chose to grind, but I didn’t feel obligated to.

Bottom line, I’m having a lot of fun.

Just coming back

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Hard to say. On my world, WvW is very much crippled from what it was pre-HoT and I still see HoT events failing in the maps, so that might be a lack of players. shrugs Not sure. I still see a lot of players in the sPvP lobby and in cities, though.

Just coming back

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

It is a matter of taste. If you liked the relaxed atmosphere that was GW2 in the past, it has changed significantly in the amount of grinding you need to do, for less rewards. If however you like the new “challenge” of waiting for meta events to pop and doing raids you will like it.

Most of my casual guild only logs in for the dailies now and to do a bit of the festival. If you left due to boredom with a casual atmosphere then you might like it now, but I see less players when I do log in.

WvW is for all intent and purposes dead unless you like to do the T1 mega zerg thing. PvP seems to be doing well enough, well at least I think it is judging by the amount of yellow, green and blue tags I have seen.

Ultimately you need to be the judge.

Pretty much spot on. I personally left myself due to the fact the games become rather frustrating.

Tons more grind for a lot lesser of a reward. I personally went to eso where the grinding is actually worth something.

Just coming back

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Please don’t judge the game by the forums. Because you’ll see 100 guys complaining about stuff and none cherishing anything. And you’ll go on to think “wow, this game is crap/dead/not worth it”. The forums don’t show the ~million players having a great time in the game with no complains.
And again, 99% of the negative posts are made by people that lack quite a lot of brain cells. Read them yourself, they’re all aberations. The only true posts would be – balance some PvP stuff, and balance dungeon rewards so they see some action.
Stuff like
a) “grind”
b)“needs ascended”
c)“gold is hard to get”
d)“hard content”
e)“vanilla was so much better”
is extremely subjective, not at all true, and is spread by players that can’t make those 2 braincells work.
a)nothing is grindy.
-You wanna get a legendary? Play 10 mins a day and save gold for it. In 3 years you’ll have it. You wanna get it tomorrow? Then yes, it’s a huge kittening grind.
-HoT mastery grind? this content is supposed to last few years. you wanna get it done till 2018? kill a mob a day. you’ll get it. Wanna get it tomorrow? then brainlessly farm events, call it a huge kittening grind, finally end the grind, then cry 2 years for lack of content

b) nothing requires ascended gear, it’s been confirmed that all 3 bosses can be done in FULL exotics 10 man raid

c) learn to play. you’re delusional if you think it’s hard to get gold in this game. by far
d) central tyria was brain dead easy. HoT is still easy for the average player. nothing is hard in it, and the end-game shouldn’t be solo-ed, so there’s that
e)PvP- still there, we even got leagues
WvW- can’t compare pre-HoT 24/7 zerg rushes with the actual “have a strategy” meta
PvE:
-fractals same as before, less time consuming, no one forces you to spam swamp
-raids – awesome new addition
-dungeons – same as before, less rewarded gold make people say that dungeons are dead- they’ve been dead. they were only done for gold. Who did them for skins will still do them for skins. Who did them for fun will still do them for fun
open world- HoT events are very fun to do, except if you’re a kitten farming 12 hours a day for your mastery and calling them “boring and repetitive”. 4 areas, 4 metas lasting ~2h each, thats 8 hours in total. There’s no way in hell you can get bored by doing 8hrs of unique events in a casual way

This is the state of the game so far

(edited by Raizen.7981)

Just coming back

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

And again, 99% of the negative posts are made by people that lack quite a lot of brain cells.

Many of the negative posts were made by players with thousands of hours in this game.

So are these players lack brain cells to start with? or lost them in their thousands of hours of playing?

Fire Water Air
FA

Just coming back

Raizen.7981

And again, 99% of the negative posts are made by people that lack quite a lot of brain cells.

Many of the negative posts were made by players with thousands of hours in this game.

So are these players lack brain cells to start with? or lost them in their thousands of hours of playing?

When people with 3k hours in the game insist there’s no way you can raid without being an elitist in full ascended and stat infusions, yes, they lack brain cells

When casuals playing for 30 mins a week can’t understand why they can’t go through time-consuming stuff(legendaries,raids,gear gathering) and why is anet “hating on them”, yes, they lack brain cells

When people say the only way to farm gold in the game is SW trains, and when I tell them i make 100-200g a day they call me gem buyer, then yes, they lack brain cells

When people try to get done in a month content -that’s been designed to be done in much longer- call the game a grindfest, then yes, they lack brain cells

(edited by Raizen.7981)

Just coming back

ugrakarma.9416

a) “grind”
b)“needs ascended”
c)“gold is hard to get”
d)“hard content”
e)“vanilla was so much better”

even “wvw population is low” can be on the list.

The WvW pre hot was:

a) Eternal Battlegrounds the most active map side by side with Edge of The Mists.
b) The Bordelands maps with low pop., sometimes, rare see some roamers with +10 ppl. Sometimes randomly someone put a commander tag, or a rival server guide decide invade, tem some allie server guild come to defend ou recap objectives.

After hot the WvW is:

a) Eternal Battlegrounds the most active map side by side with Edge of The Mists. in the first weeks, a real visible pop unbalances, but now seems fine. Even new WvW guilds is appearing!
b) The Bordelands maps with low pop., sometimes, rare see some roamers with +10 ppl. Sometimes randomly someone put a commander tag, or a rival server guide decide invade, tem some allie server guild come to defend ou recap objectives.

Just coming back

ugrakarma.9416

When people say the only way to farm gold in the game is SW trains, and when I tell them i make 100-200g a day they call me gem buyer, then yes, they lack brain cells

Agreed too. Auric Basin farms, is very less confuse and more rewarding than SW.

-You wanna get a legendary? Play 10 mins a day and save gold for it. In 3 years you’ll have it. You wanna get it tomorrow? Then yes, it’s a huge kittening grind.

like i make my full ascend. gear. the time gated items was near 30, so i made it in spared 30 days. with a goal to make 10gold per day to buy Silk Scraps to made at least 1 bolt of damask each day. no drama needed, and it was not “impossible”.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

Just coming back

Lord of Rings.5371

When people with 3k hours in the game insist ….call the game a grindfest, then yes, they lack brain cells

It appears the defender of the game is a new player with a short forum history while many negative posts were made by players with thousands of hours in the game. Yesterday, a player called himself, “King of BG”, with 13 legendaries posted quitting.

Maybe when one reaches 3k hours playing in the game, this “grindfest” could be an obvious conclusion.

So are players lack brain cells to spend thousands of hours in a game? or lost them in their thousands of hours of playing?

Fire Water Air
FA

Just coming back

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There’s tons of people playing the game. There are probably a few people leaving the game as well. However, I’d wager there are currently more people playing this game than any time except launch itself.

There are people everywhere.

Just coming back

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Lol frustration on forums? You must be new to forums.

Unhappy people generally come to the forums to complain.

Happy people generally have no inclination to come to the forums and indicate they are happy.

Conclusion forums are always (from my experience):
70% complaints
10% ragers
10% questions
10% praise/expression of happiness.

Just coming back

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

How is the population in game currently? In PvE, PvP, etc?

I’ve noticed a lot of frustration on the forums: people saying they’re moving on and that they don’t like the game anymore, etc… is this affecting the in game population or is this just forum frustration?

I can never tell how a game is doing so I’ll just ask here.

Forums are for complaining, not praising. How many people you see posting constantly about chak garent change or wood change or getting cloth and wood from gifts with karma?

Rarely if at all

Just coming back

Lord of Rings.5371

This game is like a giant puzzle and it may take thousands of hours of playing to understand what it is all about.

Some quit before they really understood the game because it demanded more time than they were willing to play and some left after spending thousand of hours in the game because it became tedious and they felt betrayed.

Feeling tedious like taking 10,000 drinks, and feeling betrayed because the gaming experience deviated from the promotional information given prior the release of the original GW2, and its expansion HOT.

True, many post here are complaints and

many also quit without saying anything here.

It is also true that many complained here actually wanted to make the game better by communicating their experiences.

Fire Water Air
FA

Just coming back

Raizen.7981

When people with 3k hours in the game insist ….call the game a grindfest, then yes, they lack brain cells

It appears the defender of the game is a new player with a short forum history while many negative posts were made by players with thousands of hours in the game. Yesterday, a player called himself, “King of BG”, with 13 legendaries posted quitting.

Maybe when one reaches 3k hours playing in the game, this “grindfest” could be an obvious conclusion.

So are players lack brain cells to spend thousands of hours in a game? or lost them in their thousands of hours of playing?

I wanted to start GW2 in 2013. I never did because when I start a new game, I read the forums for a few days before deciding. These forums made me not start gw2 at least 10 times. And when I started, I realised that I should’ve never listened to the forums, because nothing that I cared about(gold grind, boredom, uber difficult content, gear grinds) was real. So yes, that’s why I’m “a defender”. Because if there’s 1 player- 1 single kittening person- that would like to pick up this game and reads the forums, I feel that it’s my duty to show him the true face of the game, dismiss any false complaints, and maybe give him the incentive he needs to play the game.
I don’t want that any gamer that follows my mentality of research-before-play to be turned down by the game because the forums are a giant pile of kitten where noobs and lazy people spread false information. Cheers mate

(edited by Raizen.7981)

Just coming back

Lord of Rings.5371

You wanna get a legendary? Play 10 mins a day and save gold for it. In 3 years you’ll have it.

Could you go into a little detail how to accomplish this?

Which map to go?

What event to join at what time of the day?

What can accomplished in 10 mins a day then log out?

How much gold is expected to generated in 10 mins?

This could be the most helpful post ever.

Thx.

Fire Water Air
FA

Just coming back

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

PvE is ok.

WvW is dead.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Just coming back

Raizen.7981

You wanna get a legendary? Play 10 mins a day and save gold for it. In 3 years you’ll have it.

Which map to go?

Thx.

buy 30 fractal encryption keys at 20s each, buy 30 fractal encrypted boxes at 17s each, open them all, have anywhere between 2 and 5g profit, it took you 2 minutes
buy order all the mats needed for crafting teh daily time gated mats, it took you 5 mins
craft all 4 ascended mats, it took you 3 more mins, profit is minimum 13 gold maximum 24gold depending on market price that day. Please learn to play, you need it bad.
Stop trying to act like a good player

Just coming back

Lord of Rings.5371

Which map to go?

Thx.

buy 30 fractal encryption keys at 20s each, ..

Fractal Encryption Keys are Account Bound.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Encryption_Key

Fire Water Air
FA

Just coming back

Raizen.7981

Which map to go?

Thx.

And can be bought for 20s each(30 a day) +1 fractal relic from the mistlock observatory. Do I have to mention after each post that you’re a noob?

Just coming back

Lord of Rings.5371

Which map to go?

Thx.

And can be bought for 20s each(30 a day) +1 fractal relic

So how much time does it take to farm 30 fractal relic a day?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Relic

Fire Water Air
FA

Just coming back

Raizen.7981

Which map to go?

Thx.

And can be bought for 20s each(30 a day) +1 fractal relic

So how much time does it take to farm 30 fractal relic a day?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractal_Relic

lvl 2 fractal+lvl 10 fractal+ daily fractal. anywhere from 15 to 30 mins, depending on yourself. you get around 45 relics this way, 4-5 extra gold from loot and matrices, a few more keys, and a shot at ascended stuff