Just get in and have fun policy

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

So much for that.
Ok let’s be honest what is there really to do that is suppose to be that “fun”?
WvW as far as I know had gone for the worse lately and I am not going to focus on PvP for obvious reasons.
So what remains is PvE and right now that falls down to 2 things only Fractals and Raids. Dungeons are dead and no one is going to be exploring the world as endgame.
So my question is how is that policy in the title suppose to work with that?
Both require full asceded gear which takes time to get especially if you are a new player.
Well you can do them without it but you wont be able to get very far in Fractals without it. And as for Raids you will become the weak link without it and most likely be blamed for failing even if it’s not your fault. That is if you manage to find a team that will take you in the first place. (As a side note I probably should mention it never happened to me as I never did that but I do know how others react).

But really Fractals have become boring they go down to this now – do 5-6 swamps, 1-2 molten, and the 2 recomended fractals each day. Unless you include grinding for essence’s and/or encryptions. I mean before the update at least people did daily level 50’s. I reached level 100 but tbh I also don’t see a reason to do level’s at 80+.
Supposedly I will have a better chance at getting an ascended chest from end chest.
But knowing my luck I would probably have to do levels 90-100 each day just to get 1 chest a month.

As for Raids I don’t think they are worth my time thats why I only ever go if someone asks me to. What is the great appeal of Raids? The rewards are kitten so it only goes down to Legendary Armour (whenever it will actually appear – probably in a year or 2 if not better). But what do I need Legendary Armour for? Will it be better than ascended? No. For the skin? I hate all Legendary Weapons for looking like they were designed by mattel so the armour will probably be no better. And I have no intention on lookng like a chistmas tree with lens flare generators. So maybe for the stat changing?
Maybe but unless you have full Legendary gear including trinckets its still not worth much. And tbh even if we get full Legendary gear it still will be worthless because there is still 1 thing blocking you from being able to change your build at will – upgrades.
Of course we could just change those but if those are expensive runes and sigils it hardly will be worth it and extractors would be even more expensive so no not a good idea. Well if you intend to change builds like once every 6 months then its not a big problem but if only so rarely then I don’t need Legendary gear for that as I can change my stats on Ascended gear too using MF.
But let’s assume we also get Legendary runes and sigils. Well ok I can change my build at will on 1 class ok maybe 3 because its account bound but armour is still limited to weight class. But I think equiping each class with Ascended gear will take less effort than making 1 with full Legendary. And I could just have each class specialize in each role i.e. damage, conditions, tanking, healing etc. So instead of changing builds I can just change chars and viola.

Ok so really I just want to know where is that “fun” I’m suppose to have? Can anyone tell me? Because I don’t see it.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

You basicly look for reasons not to have fun with something. It’s obvious you need a break from the game, but that doesn’t mean people aren’t enjoying every single thing you think isn’t fun.

Open world is a very valid option for things to do, especially in the expansion maps, fractals are what they are, and if you wanna do swamp and molten allot because you care about doing everything super efficient, but then get bored, that’s also your choice.

Not doing raids is also your choice. Rewards are decent enough, the skins rewarded in the raid are actually cool, and legendary armor, while not having appeal to you, is something people will want to go for. But most of all raids are fun for the challenge…

You say, i don’t wanna do anything in this game, and then claim you don’t have anything to do. Reading your post i’d advise you to take a break since you don’t see the fun things right under your nose. (i took a break from gw2 when i stopped enjoying it for a while, came back with a refreshed appreciation)

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

You do realize that you say you wanna have fun playing a game, then you write a wall of text focusing on the rewards… right?!

You don’t care about fun. You are here for the loot from what we can get off your post.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you are saying fractals and raids are all of PvE, you’ve sort of missed the point of the game. Fractals and raids are instanced PvE, but most of this game’s PvE is focused on the open world.

If you don’t think people had fun with Dry Top, Silverwastes and the new maps, I don’t know what to tell you.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I’m kinda having fun in all aspect of the game i can focus on.
In those first 2 months of HoT i have done many achievements/map exploration/open world metas, raids and nailed my Astralaria. Now that i’m satisfied with my progression there i’m focussing back on PvP which is my main gamemode, with guild fractals and raids. As soon as I have cut the gap in leagues I will reintroduce regularly also WvW in the mix, and mind that ’m still doing all kind of world bosses/meta even now, to slow gain some mats for future legendaries. So yeah, I guess you need a break to fresh up your mind. As you know you wont loose precious time in gear grind or whatever

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I stopped playing not because of the rewards, but just because its not a “jump in and have fun” game anymore.

The maps in Maguuma are on global server timers, and they’re dreadfully boring after the 30th run through. “dynamic” events aren’t really dynamic anymore. For the masses, its just appointments and agendas.

PvP has a long queue once you’re up there in league, and you face more or less the same 4-5 builds over and over again. It’s not challenging, but its boring and tedious. Oh look.. a tempest ele.. better get them down to 80% health and stack conditions while cc locking them out of water… Oh look, a mallyx rev.. better chill, hold out, wait for mallyx to be deplenished then interrupt crystal hib and close the fight.. Oh look.. a scrapper.. rinse and repeat. current meta is stale and the rapidly declining PvP ESL views proves that the only people left playing PvP are the ones with fever dreams to be ESL-worthy, the actual ESL players which are a mixed bag of ok players, the ones who take pride in leagues actually having “elite” weight to them, which they don’t because i’ve soloQ’d that crap.

Collections are overexpanded and promote grindy gameplay. core content is dead.

WvW maps are atrocious and most of the WvW serious guilds abandoned the core ones and just mess around in eotm now.

the quality that HoT brought to GW2 really cheapened the experience and ruined the magical world of Tyria for me.