Just started again

Just started again

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Wrongone.5763

Wrongone.5763

I use to play probably 2 years ago. Never really got into anything or understood how the pvp worked i got a guardian to lvl 80 but never really touched the dungeons or anything close to that.

i use to play world of warcraft but stopped after MoP. i enjoyed doing bgs and flipping stuff on the auction house and crafting to make alot of gold. i wasnt able to figure out how to do that on this game last time i played.

so I guess you can say i didnt really thrive at anything. so not knowing if im going to enjoy the game or not is HoT going to be needed to figure out these things? i just cant justify spending the money on an expansion if im unsure if im going to enjoy it and if this computer i have nowadays can even run it. (not the same as i use to have when i played)

I remember i was taking a liking to staff elementalist last time i played aswel.

Just started again

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Heart of Thorns definitely increases the difficulty level, but not so much that casual players can’t make their way through. You can’t always just ignore the random spawns by running quickly and having some condition purges. The mastery system is also an interesting addition, as it allows access to new skills without being character based, and the elite masteries gives new build options to existing classes.

My recommendation to you is to log back into the game and try running around core Tyria for a while to remind yourself how some of the mechanics work, maybe even try out some of the Current Events going on to see how the Living Story has progressed. Then, if you don’t have any trouble with it and are enjoying the game, buy HoT and fight Mordremoth in the Jungle. If nothing else, it’ll allow you to keep pace with Living World Season 3 stuff, which needs you to have HoT to explore.

Just started again

Wrongone.5763

I quickly logged into my lvl 40 elementilist on my lunch break to see if the computer im currently using can handle the game and it seems to gold up just fine but i was lost with what i was trying to acomplish lol. wondering if it might be better to just start over on a new server possibly even just delete what i have which is a 40 ele and a 80 guardian

Just started again

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Well, a new server wouldn’t help. First off, your whole account travels to whatever server you might choose. Second, we now have megaservers, which means that the world you chose at the start really only matters for WvW. Third, don’t delete your old characters as you’ll lose the birthday progress from those characters as well! If you need to reorientate yourself, then sure, start a new character, but after a bit, go back to your elementalist or guardian just to remember how they work (if you don’t choose one of them to refresh your memory) and progress from there. But stick with it! You’ll regret losing the progress later on.

Just started again

Posted by: Mardragon.4017

Mardragon.4017

If I was to play GW2, I’d buy HoT.

Check your computer by taking your old guardian to World vs World and get into a big fight and take it to silver wastes , use lfg to get into a big squad and work on the meta events.

The meta events will be similiar to much you experience in HoT zones. In addition to the WvWvW testing you’ll know if you can run it.

I am a biased elementalist player, advice must be cleared by someone with several chars :P . Go staff elly, after you’ve tested computer, for sure, no doubt great fun to play You can defeat any content PvE. PvP will take something out of you on the staff, but again check forums, there is some advice in there that is recent.

Just started again

Wrongone.5763

thanks for the tips on how to test my computer in just stood in lions arch and used a few spells I’ll try to wvw on my guardian tonight hopefully.

I’m truly hoping it works for me cause I’m looking for something casual that can keep my attention for when I have time to play.
and yea I fell in love with staff ele when I use to play gave me that feeling of playing the old n64 game “quest” lol