Karma into Gold in HoT

Karma into Gold in HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

I was wondering if there is a different way in order to use Karma as a means to obtain gold with the release of HoT. Can someone inform me of the latest way to do this?

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

sitting on 100k unspent karma myself, and not seeing anything i want to blow it on.

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

100k thats not much just shy of 2½ orr temple armors I got 6.5m myself.

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I have yet to see anything sold for karma in HoT, so i can’t imagine anything has changed

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Kampilan.3895

Kampilan.3895

Have just shy of 1m Karma, and only because I went on a buying spree just to dent it

Maybe the Karma-bought stuff can be Mystic Forged and the resulting item sold/broken?

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

The Pact Commander mastery line unlocks a special karma merchant. This merchant sells three items per day. Here’s more info… we don’t know all of the possible recipes yet, but it’s rumored a new backpiece recipe will be sold here (Melandru I think? Will have to check later and edit this). So far the recipes are all sellable. I’m mostly getting zealot and celestial recipes, as well as a sharpening stone recipe.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Theoblade.4723

Theoblade.4723

If you are familiar with the Crab Grabbin Glove method buy the leather gloves instead of the cloth ones – the rugged leather is about 50-70% higher in price than the linen at the moment.

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I have 8.5 mils of Karma nowhere to be spent lol.

Note that I spent like more than what I currently hold on OB shard, t3 cultural weapons, and some of the old stuffs.

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Note that I spent like more than what I currently hold on OB shard, t3 cultural weapons, and some of the old stuffs.

There are all sorts of new ways to spend karma, although not a very fast rate. And all the old ways are still valid.

To the OP’s implied question, I doubt there will be every any extremely efficient way to convert karma to gold — in a game where the devs are willing to risk the wrath of the community by removing liquid gold reward from dungeons (to slow inflation), I can’t imagine they’ll make it easier to convert currencies.

I’d say that right now, the most efficient use is to buy Pact Scout Mapping Materials from the relevant NPCs — you can get up to 4 per day (21k karma total) and save them until a map offers a high-priced item as one of the bonus rewards.

I did two events in Cursed Shore and consumed 4, ending up with a charged lode and a giant eye, about 4g today, but more when I did it. That translates to 19s/1,000 karma, which is about as good — for comparison, the crab-grabbin to linen method varies from 10-16s/1000 these days and buying basic sal kits is 11.43s/1,000.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It isn’t necessary to convert karma to gold. Queue up for PvP with characters from level 25-60 to get armor from reward track boxes. It isn’t potentially an exploit since it’s intended behavior for a level 50 to get armor drops that salvage into linen, but since karma is earned and you need lots of it for linen there’s a real cost to converting it so I don’t personally consider it an exploit, but it’s what the devs consider that counts.

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

It isn’t necessary to convert karma to gold. Queue up for PvP with characters from level 25-60 to get armor from reward track boxes. It isn’t potentially an exploit since it’s intended behavior for a level 50 to get armor drops that salvage into linen, but since karma is earned and you need lots of it for linen there’s a real cost to converting it so I don’t personally consider it an exploit, but it’s what the devs consider that counts.

The issue is never the karma cost, but the clunky design of mystic forge -.-

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

I cannot for the life of me figure out what this means.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It means level a character to 20-30 and PvP with it if you want wool, 30-40 if you want cotton, and 40-55 if you want linen. Level ranges are approximate you could still get some jute at 20 and PvPing for the mats is safer than the forge (and lacks the drudgery of Silverwaste and mystic forging) since the forge method is potentially an exploit.

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There are all sorts of new ways to spend karma, although not a very fast rate. And all the old ways are still valid.

To the OP’s implied question, I doubt there will be every any extremely efficient way to convert karma to gold — in a game where the devs are willing to risk the wrath of the community by removing liquid gold reward from dungeons (to slow inflation), I can’t imagine they’ll make it easier to convert currencies.

I’d say that right now, the most efficient use is to buy Pact Scout Mapping Materials from the relevant NPCs — you can get up to 4 per day (21k karma total) and save them until a map offers a high-priced item as one of the bonus rewards.

I did two events in Cursed Shore and consumed 4, ending up with a charged lode and a giant eye, about 4g today, but more when I did it. That translates to 19s/1,000 karma, which is about as good — for comparison, the crab-grabbin to linen method varies from 10-16s/1000 these days and buying basic sal kits is 11.43s/1,000.

How does one get 4 per day? I thought it was one per account per day? Is it character-based, instead? If so, why only 4?

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

How does one get 4 per day? I thought it was one per account per day? Is it character-based, instead? If so, why only 4?

In fact it’s 6 per day. 6 npc will spread across each region
Magguma, maggauma waste,kryta,shiverpeak,ascalon and orr. You can purchased 1 of their stuffs daily.
You can check where they are in the wiki now.

Karma into Gold in HoT

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In fact it’s 6 per day. 6 npc will spread across each region
Magguma, maggauma waste,kryta,shiverpeak,ascalon and orr. You can purchased 1 of their stuffs daily.
You can check where they are in the wiki now.

right, sorry — there are six vendors and you can buy one item from each per day.

Karma into Gold in HoT

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It means level a character to 20-30 and PvP with it if you want wool, 30-40 if you want cotton, and 40-55 if you want linen. Level ranges are approximate you could still get some jute at 20 and PvPing for the mats is safer than the forge (and lacks the drudgery of Silverwaste and mystic forging) since the forge method is potentially an exploit.

The forge method is NOT an exploit and I have no idea why people would worry that it is. It’s a horribly inefficient mechanic to convert karma to gold, only slightly better than (in deferred spending) from buying things with karma instead of gold, e.g. salvage kits or harvesting tools or armor. People have been converting karma items to gold since the game launched.

Further, while doing PvP is a great way to increase wealth, it has nothing to do with the OP’s request, which is a way to convert unspent (and unused) karma to gold, which has more uses than karma.

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

jeweled damask patch

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Karma into Gold in HoT

Illconceived Was Na.9781

jeweled damask patch

At 28s/1000 karma, these are an effective source of gold, but still inefficient as you are limited by time and the amount of three other ascended mats.

If you farm the relevant zones a lot and have a surplus of ascended cloth & leather, then yes, you should sell damask patches instead of the cloth. However, it will take a while (and a lot of farming) to convert e.g. 5 million karma to gold this way.

The current costs of the ascended inputs (damask +e-leather) can be sold for (pre-tax) ~34g and the patch for ~49g, leaving a pre-tax, post-opportunity profit of 15g.

Combining requires 25 fulgurite, which translates to:

• 25 obby (52,500 karma)
  • 25 airship oil (limited availability mat)
  • 25 auric dust (ditto)
  • 25 ley-line sparks (ditto, needed for mining ley-line rock)

15g/(52500 karma) = ~28 silver/1000 karma
(which ignores the other potential uses or needs of the other mats)

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Karma into Gold in HoT

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah, for pure karma, cloth/leather is the easiest….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK