Keeping players around

Keeping players around

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

A few things have been bothering me and ive kind of wondered away from the game except for dailies.

1) Keeping people playing
Anet has prided themselves saying they are great at bringing people into the game but im wondering how getting people to buy the game is great if they just end up leaving soon after. I got to diamond solo-trio queing and i have to say i dont plan to do that again in the next seasons. I expect many of the elite players to get the legendary back piece this season (if possible) so whats gonna bring them back? I mean a league system is great and fun and for the most part this was definitely interesting to rank up. The rewards and other things though are not why i did it but to see where i could get too. The rewards are pretty bad to add to that. So why would i do this again next season?

2) The fun is missing from a Expansion
Im sorry but not having any new maps, the grind of a Guild Hall and nothing being tied together from WvW/PvP – PvE. What are we suppose to do? I have over 6k matches in PvP and near 700 rank in WvW and i spent more time playing WvW before the rank points. You added a new BL which i did not enjoy and new specs i can only use in PvP and nothing i do in here brings me PvE rewards. I cant even do the PvE story line. I can get the 200 wins with rev, get to diamond rank and still not be able to use glint in PvE or do the story line. Seriously why is this?

3) Everyone feels ignored
PvE players are talking about the things they dont like left and right and they make sense. The WvW community created there own forum and in interview from reyana with mike o’brian and colin made the WvW community say Anet really doesnt care about the WvW players.

IMO the PvP league system wasnt that bad but it had some major flaws. The meta is a bit icky especially for the average player. Ive been playing some really good players and there ability to burst down a target even when they are solo que is so much better then people even in the ruby rank. The skill difference is so high and new players coming in simply cant kill the better players.

Im seriously curious of what the plan is from a total game perspective is. When i got tired of PvP i went to WvW, when i didnt want to WvW i PvE. The PvE maps seems empty at big events and WvW is dead besides Eb. PvP is getting a bit hard with my que times around 8+ minutes and im simply just trying to play 3 and get my daily reward wins.

I dont know what the plan for the next patch updates are but hopefully they are good because this HOT Expansion has driven off many of my guild members and im drowning in the ability to play the game.

Keeping players around

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

2) Rewards in WvW were the same before HoT was released. It’s still something that should be addressed but really had no bearing on the expansion.

3) Anet is doing some changes in WvW early next year with a major update coming out sometime later that year.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-vs-World-Holiday-Sneak-Peek/first#post5866317

Keeping players around

kdaddy.5431

2) Rewards in WvW were the same before HoT was released. It’s still something that should be addressed but really had no bearing on the expansion.

3) Anet is doing some changes in WvW early next year with a major update coming out sometime later that year.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/World-vs-World-Holiday-Sneak-Peek/first#post5866317

They did some things that were really bad imo. They turned liquid XP the former daily rewards into boosters, they came out with a expansion- a new spec we had to grind to get which is fine in a sense but we also couldnt use the new mastery systems in WvW.

So many of the people in my guild didnt like the new map and paid money for a expansion and couldnt use any of the new items. They were leveling in WvW and just quit because they couldnt glide any where and couldnt use the new daredevil or glint spec.

WvW feels like its been greatly ignored and for people who play the game mostly for WvW have quit logging in from my guild. The new WvW upgrades from the guild hall need scribing and we are all like why is this necessary? We had all these upgrades and we paid for a expansion to unlock things we use to have?

Saying the new rewards had no baring on the expansion its not true at all.

Keeping players around

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

…snip
WvW feels like its been greatly ignored and for people who play the game mostly for WvW have quit logging in from my guild. The new WvW upgrades from the guild hall need scribing and we are all like why is this necessary? We had all these upgrades and we paid for a expansion to unlock things we use to have?

Saying the new rewards had no baring on the expansion its not true at all.

It doesn’t help that everywhere you turn you get to see these kitten tournament icons in both PvE and WvW, and they hold NO bearing there AT ALL. I only log in for my daily now due to the content I enjoyed being placed so far on the back burner you may as well be using a magnifying glass to warm it up at this point.

WvW to me is as dead as the rest of the game has become, but I’m sure they will make the next round of e-sports belittle everyone just as much. The good news is that at least we know where their allegiance lies now.

Edit: clarity

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Keeping players around

Ayrilana.1396

Oh. That’s true. I forgot about that change with the liquid XP. I believe that they specifically stated before the expansion went live that gliding was restricted to Maguuma Falls only.

WvW had very little rewards before the expansion and it’s still the same now. I do hope that they add reward tracks or something.

The only upgrades that I see, which we had before, and require scribing now, are the guild siege. We still have the old blueprints to fall back on. All of the other upgrades that we had before rely on upgrading the guild hall. I do question why some of the require such a high level though (e.g. level 31 for claiming SM).

Keeping players around

kdaddy.5431

The stuff im trying to point out is the fact they are catering to know one. They are making it harder for people to play the game. I understand they said gliding only in magumma but the question is why?

Why was the liquid xp changed? Why no cross specs/mastery points? Why no new WvW traits, reward tracks? Why very basic PvP rewards tracks and only 1 repeatable one?

My guild is at 29 and we started so strong and we have basically all but of died since the HOT. Why couldnt WvW upgrades in the Guild Hall require WvW participation? Why isnt the guild hall PvP room require you to do a PvP guild hall reward track?

I still havent finished the new story line because i cant since i dont spend a ton of time in PvE. I got up too level 3 gliding and 1/2 threw 4 and it was a huge mistake since i only have 1 to other things and it requires learning a language among other things to progress threw the story.

WvW is 1 thing but im truly wondering if they are gonna make the game better. Making changes now to WvW and if they are as bad as the HOT release then WvW will be all but done. I have quit playing WvW and i really only pop in to do my daily PvP rewards and i soon will probably quit logging into that since its been nearly 4 years and there have been no changes/additions worth the $200 i put into the original and expansion game.

Keeping players around

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The stuff im trying to point out is the fact they are catering to know one. They are making it harder for people to play the game. I understand they said gliding only in magumma but the question is why?

Why was the liquid xp changed? Why no cross specs/mastery points? Why no new WvW traits, reward tracks? Why very basic PvP rewards tracks and only 1 repeatable one?

My guild is at 29 and we started so strong and we have basically all but of died since the HOT. Why couldnt WvW upgrades in the Guild Hall require WvW participation? Why isnt the guild hall PvP room require you to do a PvP guild hall reward track?

I still havent finished the new story line because i cant since i dont spend a ton of time in PvE. I got up too level 3 gliding and 1/2 threw 4 and it was a huge mistake since i only have 1 to other things and it requires learning a language among other things to progress threw the story.

WvW is 1 thing but im truly wondering if they are gonna make the game better. Making changes now to WvW and if they are as bad as the HOT release then WvW will be all but done. I have quit playing WvW and i really only pop in to do my daily PvP rewards and i soon will probably quit logging into that since its been nearly 4 years and there have been no changes/additions worth the $200 i put into the original and expansion game.

This is wrong. They are not catering to no one, because probably about half the population of the game is enjoying the expansion. They’ve certainly catered to me, at any rate.

I’m an open world player and I love what they’ve done in the jungle. They’ve catered to people who want raids. The raid community seems like like the raid. They have NOT catered to WvW players that’s true, but then they said the changes they want to make are taking longer than expected.

Not sure how many people like the new PvP type but there are new PvP reward tracks.

Keeping players around

kdaddy.5431

This is wrong. They are not catering to no one, because probably about half the population of the game is enjoying the expansion. They’ve certainly catered to me, at any rate.

I’m an open world player and I love what they’ve done in the jungle. They’ve catered to people who want raids. The raid community seems like like the raid. They have NOT catered to WvW players that’s true, but then they said the changes they want to make are taking longer than expected.

Not sure how many people like the new PvP type but there are new PvP reward tracks.

there is 1 repeatable track and you yourself said they are catering to you.

Also ive always done a little of everything (65% pvp, 20% wvw and 15% pve if i had to give them a percentage) but i was always able do something from each area. The PvP players were actually happy when they merged PvP gear and PvE gear because now PvP players could go into WvW and PvE with ease. We kind of just merged into one another.

Now its nothing like that, i have done mostly PvP but simple fact that i cant play a new spec when i have played many many games with them already in PvP is furstrating. Not being able to do the story is frustrating. I have been to the PvE areas and got 100% completion on verdint brink but i am not going to replay the PvE missions over and over and over. Wait 2 hrs for a meta event when i already spend 8+ minutes queing for a match in PvP.

Like i said they catered to a certain group and you kind of hit which one. Maybe you dont care for the WvW group and maybe you dont care about the PvP group. Maybe this game can survive on the PvE crowd alone and with the way things are going they might have too.

Attachments:

Keeping players around

Ayrilana.1396

Not directed at you but I need to put a disclaimer as it seems some people think that I do not believe people should be able to criticize the game. I wasn’t arguing against your belief that there’s something wrong with how Anet is handling WvW but others seem to think so either because they didn’t read my posts or chose to see only what they wanted.

Same reason why core Tyria maps cannot have gliding. They simply were not designed for it. Think about it for a sec. All a player would need to do was buy somewhere with a high elevation and then simply glide into an enemy’s tower/keep ignoring all defenses. There’s also the potential to break out of the map and cheat.

Players had stacks of these. This would have allowed them to simply bypass any effort to earn the elite specs. This was something that Anet did not want to happen.

WvW is undergoing a major overhaul sometime next year. A lot of those changes you could have seen come with the expansion were likely held back to be incorporated into that new system. It wouldn’t make since to spend resources to add a reward system now to only scrap it later on in the future so it works with the new system.

I’m not sure how you could really measure WvW participation since they don’t have a system for it and it would have created extra work to have multiple methods to progress a guild hall. What they could have done was not have some of the WvW upgrades require such high guild levels.

Guild hall PvP room isn’t sPvP and doesn’t follow the same restrictions as sPvP. That’s probably two of the reasons why reward tracks to not progress there.

The new story line doesn’t take any more than 3-4 hours so long as you’ve earned the masteries that are required for it. I suggest doing the DS meta event with XP boosters to help you get the XP for unlocking that mastery. Just focus on tagging as many enemies as you can.

They will continually find ways to improve the game. Some things you may like and some things you may not. They cannot please everyone. Have you seen what they plan to change for WvW within the first part of next year? There’s also the revamp that they’re working on which will hopefully improve things. No details about what that could be as of yet.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Keeping players around

Vayne.8563

there is 1 repeatable track and you yourself said they are catering to you.

Also ive always done a little of everything (65% pvp, 20% wvw and 15% pve if i had to give them a percentage) but i was always able do something from each area. The PvP players were actually happy when they merged PvP gear and PvE gear because now PvP players could go into WvW and PvE with ease. We kind of just merged into one another.

Now its nothing like that, i have done mostly PvP but simple fact that i cant play a new spec when i have played many many games with them already in PvP is furstrating. Not being able to do the story is frustrating. I have been to the PvE areas and got 100% completion on verdint brink but i am not going to replay the PvE missions over and over and over. Wait 2 hrs for a meta event when i already spend 8+ minutes queing for a match in PvP.

Like i said they catered to a certain group and you kind of hit which one. Maybe you dont care for the WvW group and maybe you dont care about the PvP group. Maybe this game can survive on the PvE crowd alone and with the way things are going they might have too.

You’re saying no one is happy. I’ve looked in multiple complaint threads and in a large percentage of them, 50% of the people are happy.

Saying there are people who aren’t happy isn’t the same as saying no one is happy, which is what you are saying. You’re therefore, demonstrably wrong.

Keeping players around

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

The stuff im trying to point out …..

I notice that:

1) You apparently think that nothing in the HoT expansion should be criticized, and
2) You have 179 Post Tabs….

Do you play the game? Or just play the forums?

Or do you work for Anet?

Keeping players around

Ayrilana.1396

I notice that:

1) You apparently think that nothing in the HoT expansion should be criticized, and

Or do you work for Anet?

1) False.
2) Irrelevant to any discussion.

Yes I play the game. Yes I post on the forums. No I do not work for Anet.

Keeping players around

Vayne.8563

I notice that:

Or do you work for Anet?

There’s plenty in HoT to criticize, but there plenty of stuff that I feel is done right too. You can play the game and the forums. I have 141 mastery points in HoT and like Ayrilana I post here all the time.

No, I don’t work for Anet but I’d sure do it if they offered me a job. lol

Keeping players around

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Lol at all the people who havent played this game in a shunned game-mode or on a shunned class long enough to know what anet is like. Dont make me laugh xD “major overhaul” i thought anet managed to screw over all game modes a little with the expac to show all players their true colours but people still believe this PR crap.

The things coming to wvw were coded months if not years ago – how do i know? because it was a one-off event. The players asked for them to turn PPK back on permanently but were simply ignored. None of whats coming took major time to implement, its plain and simple they missed deadlines and are milking the hype train because people still believe their empty words.

It is already over for wvw, the game mode will not recover in its current state anet missed their chance. People denying this need to look up videos of their current tier in wvw from 2 years ago to remind themselves of what it used to look like.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Keeping players around

Posted by: MikeyGrey.2496

MikeyGrey.2496

I notice that:

Or do you work for Anet?

Yea… There are some whose opinions pretty much never change. After a while, such names start to stick in ur head. Quickly glance at the name before reading message… You will save time by skipping them.

Expansion took the game in a different direction. Or rather… Added another direction. Problem with catering to all: something for everyone and everything for no one. You will probably find what you expect… Just don’t expect too much. It hasn’t been long since release. Let the dust settle and we shall see what’s what.

Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind

(edited by MikeyGrey.2496)

Keeping players around

kdaddy.5431

Not directed at you but I need to put a disclaimer as it seems some people think that I do not believe people should be able to criticize the game. I wasn’t arguing against your belief that there’s something wrong with how Anet is handling WvW but others seem to think so either because they didn’t read my posts or chose to see only what they wanted.

Same reason why core Tyria maps cannot have gliding. They simply were not designed for it. Think about it for a sec. All a player would need to do was buy somewhere with a high elevation and then simply glide into an enemy’s tower/keep ignoring all defenses. There’s also the potential to break out of the map and cheat.

Players had stacks of these. This would have allowed them to simply bypass any effort to earn the elite specs. This was something that Anet did not want to happen.

WvW is undergoing a major overhaul sometime next year. A lot of those changes you could have seen come with the expansion were likely held back to be incorporated into that new system. It wouldn’t make since to spend resources to add a reward system now to only scrap it later on in the future so it works with the new system.

I’m not sure how you could really measure WvW participation since they don’t have a system for it and it would have created extra work to have multiple methods to progress a guild hall. What they could have done was not have some of the WvW upgrades require such high guild levels.

Guild hall PvP room isn’t sPvP and doesn’t follow the same restrictions as sPvP. That’s probably two of the reasons why reward tracks to not progress there.

The new story line doesn’t take any more than 3-4 hours so long as you’ve earned the masteries that are required for it. I suggest doing the DS meta event with XP boosters to help you get the XP for unlocking that mastery. Just focus on tagging as many enemies as you can.

They will continually find ways to improve the game. Some things you may like and some things you may not. They cannot please everyone. Have you seen what they plan to change for WvW within the first part of next year? There’s also the revamp that they’re working on which will hopefully improve things. No details about what that could be as of yet.

This is a very odd response.

1) The guild PvP room will be used by who? People who mostly PvP or WvW yet its PvE are the upgrades needed.

2) They implemented new maps, with the new maps they should of made it glide able. Maybe not Eb but the new maps yes. Unless your only thinking about certain players for the game. Also the liquid xp shouldnt be a big deal either way. Why is it when people have 7-8-9- characters is it a bad thing for 2-3 of there characters to be power leveled in a new spec?

Also the numbers i was referring to had only to do with my guild. A guild who had 40 strong members who would log in the week and 10+ who mostly WvW who quit playing. Thats not some made up number and they didnt want to wait. these are people ive been playing the game with since gw1 and decided to play pillars of eternity and dungeon defenders due to what they call the destruction of WvW.

3) I do so much PvP and WvW that the question for me becomes why do i HAVE TO DO PVE? Why cant i simply play the parts of the game i enjoy to do the story line? I have 2 characters with 100% completion and 4 characters with full ascended gear so ive done my fair bit of PvE but atm there is leagues and ive shown in the pic i showed i got pretty far yet there is no mastery or spec system for me. No new maps for PvP and WvW got the BL no one is playing which is why these changes are coming. There are literal videos of people running around in WvW and they dont see anyone for hours. Anet made that change.

4) Your suggestion doesnt sound like fun. You said tag as many enemies as possible. This is a terrible system if thats how it works because thats not what i do. If im gonna play a pve event im gonna play it threw. Not run in tag some people and run to another event to get credit for that. What happened to playing the actual game? Listening to the Npc and hearing the conversations between the events?

5) you kind of ignored my points and said they will fix it later. You do realize people paid money for this and the only people getting what they want are the PvE players. You said Old tyria for gliding which i agree with but seriously not in WvW? We paid money for this and people in PvP are frustrated with a number of things such as leaderboard, new maps and it took them a ESL tournament of team running the exact same comps to change bunker mesmer. A team literally quit a match because of a bad start and the opposing team capped there home and they knew there wasnt anything they could do.

There is 3 groups in this game and 2 of them have been getting shafted hard and ive thrown out the real question, how many will wait for Anet to fix this? You called me whiny which you can but i can show you the things im frustrated with and i can prove im not just blowing smoke with the fact i perform really well in these 2 aspects of the game. I can also show anet has shown love to the people who play these parts of the game by making them play PvE to do any of there new content.

Sooner or later theres gonna come a game that does it better and many people will not stay because they believe anet is not delivering on there patches and updates. Blade and Soul is looking like a great PvP game and i for one am waiting “For Honor”. The reason im looking is because of all of the stuff im listing but your simply suggesting look at the other side which i cant see because there not logical.

Keeping players around

kdaddy.5431

I would like to point out the WvW community keep referencing these videos because they way currently is. Please do not forget that the people of this game created there own WvW forum because of whats been happening. Pretending anet is gonna snap their fingers and bam everyone will be ok is insane. Im simply pointing out people are leaving the game from my personal guild slash friends list and a serious question needs to be asked about how they are gonna keep the incoming players in the game.

https://youtu.be/4LhvuomaJaY

https://youtu.be/ajDiZkUNpe0

Keeping players around

Ayrilana.1396

This is a very odd response.

Sorry. It wasn’t my intention.

1) The guild PvP room will be used by who? People who mostly PvP or WvW yet its PvE are the upgrades needed.

Unfortunately they chose only one method for which the guild hall could be upgraded which is pretty much PvE related. The best you can do at this point is offer suggestions on how it could be made better for WvW and PvP guilds without undermining it for PvE players. What I mean by that is that it requires the same amount of effort between the three game modes.

2) They implemented new maps, with the new maps they should of made it glide able. Maybe not Eb but the new maps yes. Unless your only thinking about certain players for the game. Also the liquid xp shouldnt be a big deal either way. Why is it when people have 7-8-9- characters is it a bad thing for 2-3 of there characters to be power leveled in a new spec?

Also the numbers i was referring to had only to do with my guild. A guild who had 40 strong members who would log in the week and 10+ who mostly WvW who quit playing. Thats not some made up number and they didnt want to wait. these are people ive been playing the game with since gw1 and decided to play pillars of eternity and dungeon defenders due to what they call the destruction of WvW.

The liquid XP change isn’t really something that I was for or against. I can only really comment about what I think their reasons were for removing it. It all game down to a design choice and it was probably something they just didn’t want. The same for gliding on the new map. Perhaps that could be a question to ask Anet if a future map could have gliding, and if they say no, what are their reasons for why not.

I’m not sure what your second paragraph was about. I wasn’t at all thinking that you made the number up. I just can’t think of a good way to measure participation at the moment and have it be on par with the effort required for the existing method to upgrade the guild halls.

3) I do so much PvP and WvW that the question for me becomes why do i HAVE TO DO PVE? Why cant i simply play the parts of the game i enjoy to do the story line? I have 2 characters with 100% completion and 4 characters with full ascended gear so ive done my fair bit of PvE but atm there is leagues and ive shown in the pic i showed i got pretty far yet there is no mastery or spec system for me. No new maps for PvP and WvW got the BL no one is playing which is why these changes are coming. There are literal videos of people running around in WvW and they dont see anyone for hours. Anet made that change.

It all comes down to their design choice. It’s like how WvW used to be part of world completion until they received enough feedback from players who wanted it removed. Just make sure to tell them that you don’t like it and why which you pretty much did. Offer suggestions on how they could do things differently. They read the forums often so perhaps they could take what you say into consideration.

4) Your suggestion doesnt sound like fun. You said tag as many enemies as possible. This is a terrible system if thats how it works because thats not what i do. If im gonna play a pve event im gonna play it threw. Not run in tag some people and run to another event to get credit for that. What happened to playing the actual game? Listening to the Npc and hearing the conversations between the events?

It depends on the person. If you don’t like doing PvE event chains then you probably won’t find it to be very fun. Fortunately the mastery that you mentioned is on the low end so you don’t need to farm XP for long. I was just trying to offer you what I felt was the best way to quickly level your masteries so that you could unlock what you needed to complete the story.

With how the events work, it’s not really the greatest idea to tag multiple events. The only reason I could see people doing that is if they’re trying to boost their map participation up to 100% quickly. What I meant about tagging everything was doing a single event chain and making sure to tag every enemy that spawns. There are a ton of enemies that spawn while doing the DS events chains. All you really need to do is paick a lane and stick to it.

5) you kind of ignored my points and said they will fix it later. You do realize people paid money for this and the only people getting what they want are the PvE players. You said Old tyria for gliding which i agree with but seriously not in WvW? We paid money for this and people in PvP are frustrated with a number of things such as leaderboard, new maps and it took them a ESL tournament of team running the exact same comps to change bunker mesmer. A team literally quit a match because of a bad start and the opposing team capped there home and they knew there wasnt anything they could do.

There is 3 groups in this game and 2 of them have been getting shafted hard and ive thrown out the real question, how many will wait for Anet to fix this? You called me whiny which you can but i can show you the things im frustrated with and i can prove im not just blowing smoke with the fact i perform really well in these 2 aspects of the game. I can also show anet has shown love to the people who play these parts of the game by making them play PvE to do any of there new content.

Sooner or later theres gonna come a game that does it better and many people will not stay because they believe anet is not delivering on there patches and updates. Blade and Soul is looking like a great PvP game and i for one am waiting “For Honor”. The reason im looking is because of all of the stuff im listing but your simply suggesting look at the other side which i cant see because there not logical.

I didn’t mean to ignore your points. Anet has their WvW team working on making some major changes to WvW. At the moment, we do not know what those changes are. They could very well be addressing some or all of your points that you made.

I did not call you whiney and I apologize if you thought that I did. I wasn’t really calling anyone whiney but was trying to make a point to a couple of posters who were being disrespectful. Just ignore those posts as they have nothing to do with you.

Games do bleed players when something better comes along. It would be nice if future expansions provided content for all three game modes. They kind of did that with HoT but they should have done more. PvP players have been calling for more maps and match types. While they added stronghold, there was only a single map. It would have been nice to have 3-4 maps to play in.

Keeping players around

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

Hmm I have to say the money of the expansion was kinda wasted for me. I’ve played through the story and made a few events but the last time I was there was like a month ago or even more.

The only thing I really use are the elite specs in pvp (only on my main in pve because that’s the one I played through the story with and had world completion anyway before HoT).

Masteries are nice but kinda useless. The next legendary I’m going to build is the back item and precursor crafting turned out as a big waste of gold AND time instead of just gold for simply buying the precursor. Maguuma masteries can’t be used in the old world. And fractal masteries are nice but neglectable.

We don’t even have news on the next living story after the expansion. All we hear is e-sports and an update to WvW to maybe resurrect it.

Raids interested me when they announced it but after I found out you basically need a standard MMO setup again I lost interest entirely. If I wanted to play something with the need of certain roles I’d go back to WoW which I quit exactly because of that need.

I’ll keep playing the game but mostly due to time-gating of the new legendary back achievements.

Keeping players around

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’m happy with the rev, I’m having fun playing him through the PS, as for HoT maps, not really my thing. PvP feels like a broken mess with the leagues, though I’ve had more close games in the last few days, VS the complete annotation of the losing side at the start.

To say they are catering to no one is false. Sure I’m not a fan of the HoT maps, so I play what I do enjoy. The story. Once I’ve had my fill for the day. I go play something else. I’ll be happy when the living world starts back up so I have something to do.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Keeping players around

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I have enjoyed HoT, mostly. Some aspects that cause me concern would be…

Adventures-No fun for me, and pretty much forced into them for mastery points. As soon as I got my bronze & silver (a few I couldn’t even get close to silver) I won’t be back for them.

WvW-I’m baffled that this game mode takes a backseat to garbage like esports in a mmo? Happy to hear all the bad things coming out of spvp/leagues, I can only hope that continues.

Ley-line sparks & Auric Dust-How these items are not %100 drop for one per chest is beyond me. Once I have farmed these out It’s pretty safe to say I won’t be setting foot in these maps for a very long time.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Keeping players around

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Adventures-No fun for me, and pretty much forced into them for mastery points. As soon as I got my bronze & silver (a few I couldn’t even get close to silver) I won’t be back for them.

WvW-I’m baffled that this game mode takes a backseat to garbage like esports in a mmo? Happy to hear all the bad things coming out of spvp/leagues, I can only hope that continues.

Ley-line sparks & Auric Dust-How these items are not %100 drop for one per chest is beyond me. Once I have farmed these out It’s pretty safe to say I won’t be setting foot in these maps for a very long time.

They spent 200k on a tournament as the prize pool and one of the teams ragequit when the score was 72-0 because of #balance, xD such esports.

HoT money being put to good use right there.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

Keeping players around

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

1) Keeping people playing

I’m still playing. Most of the people I know are still playing, except for those who left for RL or personal reasons or just needed another game.

2) The fun is missing from a Expansion

It is? I’m having a lot of fun. I consider it mostly unimportant that the expansion things that I wouldn’t have included if I were in charge and that there remain some issues.

3) Everyone feels ignored

I don’t feel ignored. I think ANet addressed pre-HOT community criticisms and suggestions, including most of the significant ones (and a lot of the minor ones). Of course, as expected, 10% of the community absolutely hated how ANet did this and those people are extremely vocal.

Look, I’m not suggesting that HoT is perfect, (it is far from that). It is, however, full of great stuff that not everyone is going to love.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Keeping players around

kdaddy.5431

My points of view are coming from someone who plays mostly PvP and WvW. The people o know play mostly PvP and WvW and all of us are feeling the exact same way.

DId they reset leaderboards?

Did they make the PvE story line accessible for us?

Did they make any of the new PvE legendary armors available to us?

Did they balance the PvP meta before starting a league?

Did they fix the match making and que times for league?

Of course you guys are able to disagree or agree. Some of you may love the new PvE content but for those who said they are waiting for the new living story. Imagine these people will be in the frustrated boat that the which PvP and WvW players are in.

The quote its full of great stuff that not everyone is gonna like

^^^^ what is that? If i offered you slug juice and say many people like the taste but it is acquired thats the exact same thing.

Another thing is you guys are saying they addressed the criticisms which is great. Good for anet for responding but that doesnt fix anything. Everything we are posting is old news, the WvW videos i posted came from a interview over 6 months ago.

Maybe im incorrect about the state of the game and im simply need to move on. Maybe a big part of the reason its failing is the communitys are so different. Im listing things one after another things that many find to be a problem now,in beta and months before the release. People are talking about how WvW is taking a backseat to PvP due to esports yet many of the Pro level players are writing threads about the state of PvP. WvW commanders on the state of WvW.

Then you have people you take the opposite side saying give them time/ i dont feel the way you do and doesnt explain what they enjoy about the game or what they play most. I could be wrong but i dont think so.

By the way all the things i listed is a no.

Keeping players around

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

They spent 200k on a tournament as the prize pool and one of the teams ragequit when the score was 72-0 because of #balance, xD such esports.

HoT money being put to good use right there.

Spread that money in Christmas bonuses to Anet employees/staff

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Keeping players around

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

GW2 has not a big enough player base to be a successful e-sports game…is as simple as this.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”