Knockdowns

Knockdowns

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: leveara.7845

leveara.7845

Okay, so I didnt want to complain on the forums or anything however , I am just getting very flustered with the amount of times I get knocked down in PvE. As a some what solo player who plays a necromancer… there just isnt any stability skills. Its like a constant thing to happen and ill be down for like 10 seconds ultimately that 10 seconds could be life or death. Any others who agree? P.S I wont say im the best player and I try and dodge I just never see it coming.

Knockdowns

Posted by: Mindgame.7852

Mindgame.7852

You are not alone. I feel your pain. Let’s hug it out….after we get up from eternal stun lock.

Popcorn?

Knockdowns

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Stunbreaks also break knockdowns. If you’re having trouble with a certain area, equip more stunbreaks?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Knockdowns

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Take stun breaks, your Spectral Walk can even get you out of a 2nd problem if you’re knocked again in 8sec, also Spectral Armour and Last Gasp can give you an auto proc Stun Break from the Soul Reaping line – both of which can be traited to give you Life Force and generally increase your survivability while pumping up DS.

Knockdowns

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

There’s only a few times I find ANet’s knockdown fetish annoying:

• KD mobs that cluster
  • KD/knockbacks on short cooldowns (Ascalonian rangers foooo)
  • Repeated KD-charge mobs (Terragrifs, charging mushrooms)

I some of those cases, I don’t mind the knockdown or some damage, but in quite a few cases, getting caught in one of those is instadown with nothing to be done for it. Especially since Terragrifs have bad visual-effect cues on how wide their actual attack is.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Knockdowns

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

Especially since Terragrifs have bad visual-effect cues on how wide their actual attack is.

This is my main annoyance, their attack breadth is almost to wide to dodge roll out of, should be the same width as the visual wind swirl.

Knockdowns

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

you learn to spot the knockdowns (some are easier)
then its just about avoiding it, i like that there is hard and punishing CC in the game.
it keeps you on your toes, lets not forget HoT is endgame content,
and plus if you do die there is no penalty.

Knockdowns

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

this is funny though , no guardains run hallowed ground which would be very helpful but they would rather opt for the old Medi zerker or cleric bunker in PvE or Burn guard set ups.

soon enough people will learn that going full out damage maybe good for solo play but in places like HoT surviving is more important.

Knockdowns

leveara.7845

You are not alone. I feel your pain. Let’s hug it out….after we get up from eternal stun lock.

Popcorn?

/hug all the way

Knockdowns

leveara.7845

you learn to spot the knockdowns (some are easier)
then its just about avoiding it, i like that there is hard and punishing CC in the game.
it keeps you on your toes, lets not forget HoT is endgame content,
and plus if you do die there is no penalty.

This is true, I dont find myself the most observant person and this really does help me to keep dodging.

Knockdowns

leveara.7845

Take stun breaks, your Spectral Walk can even get you out of a 2nd problem if you’re knocked again in 8sec, also Spectral Armour and Last Gasp can give you an auto proc Stun Break from the Soul Reaping line – both of which can be traited to give you Life Force and generally increase your survivability while pumping up DS.

Thank you so much for this information! <3

Knockdowns

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Especially since Terragrifs have bad visual-effect cues on how wide their actual attack is.

This is my main annoyance, their attack breadth is almost to wide to dodge roll out of, should be the same width as the visual wind swirl.

Not only that, but it doesn’t seem like a knockdown and more like a vortex that sucks you back in so you can take massive damage while fave planted.

Knockdowns

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

If you’re a necro I’m gonna assume you took Reaper. Use CttB or Shroud #3. If you’re base necro… Pray to ANet that you get a good stability skill (pulsing stability on Well of Power plz). You do have stunbreaks though, like S. Armor/Walk and such. Personally I’m enjoying that you need to take stability and stunbreaks to have a chance here.

Jesusmancer

Knockdowns

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Personally I’m enjoying that you need to take stability and stunbreaks to have a chance here.

Y’know, I would take stability skills more often, if it weren’t so lopsided in favor of the enemy.

Me: Long cooldowns for short effect. Often 40 sec or more for <6 seconds of effect.
Them: Multi-hit knock/daze/down on less than 10 second cooldown.

What that tells me is I shouldn’t bother.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Knockdowns

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

So I use my stunbreak on the first knockdown skill, narrowly avoiding the attack that hit just where my head had been … what do I do the next time I get knocked down when my stunbreak is still on cooldown? Let me answer that for you, I get defeated.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

Knockdowns

Posted by: The Wizland.8435

The Wizland.8435

So I use my stunbreak on the first knockdown skill, narrowly avoiding the attack that hit just where my head had been … what do I do the next time I get knocked down when my stunbreak is still on cooldown? Let me answer that for you, I get defeated.

“DODGE!” – Piccolo

Me: Long cooldowns for short effect. Often 40 sec or more for <6 seconds of effect.
Them: Multi-hit knock/daze/down on less than 10 second cooldown.

What that tells me is I shouldn’t bother.

Try interrupting their knockdown skills too. The point is to avoid getting knocked down in the first place. Stun breaks are just a safety net. Although I do agree that those skills are used a little too often.

Jesusmancer