Kodan Playable Race?

Kodan Playable Race?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Camulos.5172

Camulos.5172

Would love to see the Kodan (Polar Bears) become a playable race. Personally I think they are the best looking character model in the game.

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

But you CAN play as a kodan, technically, if you go to Edge of The Mists.

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

There isn’t going to be any new races this expansion but I would of loved to see that as well, they are my favorite non human race.

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Gorman.4372

Gorman.4372

This expansion does actually set up a couple races to be more likely to become playable, in specific the Tengu which are now directly taking active roles in conflicts (at least that is what Anet has said anyway), meaning they are progressing from a passive NPC to a much much more active NPC.

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

I dont mind what race they make us as long as they want us to kill the TENGU in LA.

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Kodan are already on the run from this game’s imbalance.

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

This expansion does actually set up a couple races to be more likely to become playable, in specific the Tengu which are now directly taking active roles in conflicts (at least that is what Anet has said anyway), meaning they are progressing from a passive NPC to a much much more active NPC.

It might just mean that soon we’ll be wearing them as backpacks.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

I’m banking on the tengu’s non-involvement being much less cut-and-dry than “didn’t want to.” considering the source material that they’re drawn from, there are probably innumerable levels of court intrigue and politics going on in the dominion.

personally, my two favorite choices for new playable races would be the skritt and hylek. their respective flavors are wonderful to roleplay

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Kitsune.1902

Kitsune.1902

I’m banking on the tengu’s non-involvement being much less cut-and-dry than “didn’t want to.” considering the source material that they’re drawn from, there are probably innumerable levels of court intrigue and politics going on in the dominion.

personally, my two favorite choices for new playable races would be the skritt and hylek. their respective flavors are wonderful to roleplay

Skritt wouldn’t make much sense as playable though, due to their hive-mind. Taken out of their society they’d be barely smart enough to hold a club in their hand. Hylek would work, although I wouldn’t have interest in playing one myself. Tengu might be interesting, they had some intriguing presence in Cantha (Factions campaign), and also in the add-on Togo mission in GW1.

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: nathanjameson.3542

nathanjameson.3542

Skritt wouldn’t make much sense as playable though, due to their hive-mind. Taken out of their society they’d be barely smart enough to hold a club in their hand.

EXACTLY! Now you’re getting it!

As it is, I already throw back a skritt tonic and run around in LA nonsensically screaming “SKRITT, ATTACK!” and “MORE COME, YES?”

Their racial elites would also be super OP…like [Find Rock], with the amazing follow up [Throw Rock].

Karma Express – Norn Guardian commander

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Tengu have room for there city and starter zones and the same is true if the stone dwarves are ever made playable because there area two zones one of which is there former capital still currently blocked off.

Both races will have to be brought up in greater detail when we fight the destroyers and its Dragons since we know both are tied to Destroyers at this point.

Kodan are tied to Jormag and have fled there homeland so I wouldn’t expect anything from them until Jormag. The same is true for Quaggan(Dodge Roll), Krait, Karka(Who doesn’t want to play as a karka), and Largos who are all tied to Bubbles the water dragon.

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

This video explained all the possibilities quite well imo.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Tengu is hinted as next race though.

Proud TTS member

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Mordeus.1234

Mordeus.1234

I don’t really see the Kodan being all that versatile when it comes to the professions. Can you imagine an acrobatic d/d thief Kodan? If they do add a new race, the Tengu has the best shot. They have a starter city, their character model has many similarities with the Charr and have a long history with Guild Wars.

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I fully support this topic!

EoTM Kodan train is the greatest thing ever and it would be awesome to have it on all modes!

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: agrante.2810

agrante.2810

Tengu → Primordus expansion

Kodan → Jormag expansion

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Geneaux.9547

Geneaux.9547

The three most plausible future playable races would probably be the Tengu, Kodan, and Largos. I find other races like the Skritt, Hylek, Centaur, and Jotun have too much comic relief or sideline draw to them as they typically have very little influence on “Modern Tyria” or at least until very recently since the Pact. They also tend to lack any grabbing story to them(a few exceptions of this would include the Ventari and the centaurs of Dry Top). I think people find Tengu and Largos are intriguing largely because of their solidity and distancing circumstances(and Tengu were originally to be playable as everyone should know by now). Kodan are epic because… well… they just are, ’nuff said.

“Man this jungle in the expansion better look so good it gives me flashbacks to Nam.”
Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Knights of Ares [ARES]

Kodan Playable Race?

Posted by: Felix Carter.4672

Felix Carter.4672

Skritt wouldn’t make much sense as playable though, due to their hive-mind. Taken out of their society they’d be barely smart enough to hold a club in their hand.

EXACTLY! Now you’re getting it!

As it is, I already throw back a skritt tonic and run around in LA nonsensically screaming “SKRITT, ATTACK!” and “MORE COME, YES?”

Their racial elites would also be super OP…like [Find Rock], with the amazing follow up [Throw Rock].

I pressed the upvote button several times. Only to find out I was merely toggling it.

Skritt.

I’m hit.