LFG system abuse

LFG system abuse

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I’ve noticed that the “Looking For Group” system is being abused on a grand scale.

Many people use it for a completely different purpose than to find a group of others to form a party with in order to pursue a common goal in the game.

People use it to find map instances. I know, it’s disgusting behavior! What drives these people? Have they no shame? I’d report them all if it wasn’t so widespread; I’d be reporting people all day, I don’t have the time for that.

I talked to a few of them, and they told me they do it because the game doesn’t have a good map selection system. Well, of course, exploiters always have an excuse ready. It’s intolerable. Something needs to be done about this.

LFG system abuse

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I’ve noticed that the “Looking For Group” system is being abused on a grand scale.

Many people use it for a completely different purpose than to find a group of others to form a party with in order to pursue a common goal in the game.

People use it to find map instances. I know, it’s disgusting behavior! What drives these people? Have they no shame? I’d report them all if it wasn’t so widespread; I’d be reporting people all day, I don’t have the time for that.

I talked to a few of them, and they told me they do it because the game doesn’t have a good map selection system. Well, of course, exploiters always have an excuse ready. It’s intolerable. Something needs to be done about this.

So finding people with common goals to beat a tough Meta-Event or otherwise the Meta could fail is disgusting to you? Some people really have the most twisted logic.

LFG system abuse

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Using LFG for anything that involves playing with other players (“forming a group”) is officially allowed.

For details, read https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Policy-on-the-LFG-Tool/

And yes, taxiing people to a map to do events counts as forming a group.

(edited by saturn.4810)

LFG system abuse

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

LFG system abuse = players selling items for gold

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

LFG system abuse

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

It could be reasonably argued that taxi’s are an “access portal” not a group formation.
As most specifically say join and leave these days.
Access portals, such as advertising forming groups to farm home instances are explicitly prohibited per Gaile’s LFG sticky thread.
So it’s actually not far fetched to argue that taxi’s break the rules. (even if its silly, but then most reasonable people would say its silly to prohibit using it to form groups to farm home instances, so there’s that)

The real problem is all the people using Open World as a catch all either because there’s no sub section that fits what they want to do or they’re too lazy.
Or they’re advertising guilds, or selling stuff.
People buying and selling or guild recruiting should be reported and infracted no question.
Then we need sub sections revisited and organised, and then we can start infracting people who are still using Open World as a catchall.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

LFG system abuse

saturn.4810

It’s questionable if taxi to open tarir is according to the rules (probably yes, as there is also group content to be done in open tarir).

But taxis to do (meta) events IS a group formation. Don’t confuse group with party.

LFG system abuse

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

………………………….
…………………………………………………………………………………
guys
are you people really not understanding that it was sarcastic and what they meant “needs to be done” is something about the taxi/overflow/not being able to select a map on your own issue
like GW1 “Districts”

LFG system abuse

saturn.4810

………………………….
guys
are you people really not understanding that it was sarcastic and what they meant “needs to be done” is something about the taxi/overflow/not being able to select a map on your own issue
like GW1 “Districts”

Lol, OP got me.

LFG system abuse

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

………………………….
guys
like GW1 “Districts”

Lol, OP got me.

shrekt

LFG system abuse

JediYoda.1275

It’s questionable if taxi to open tarir is according to the rules (probably yes, as there is also group content to be done in open tarir).

But taxis to do (meta) events IS a group formation. Don’t confuse group with party.

I highly doubt Anet will ban anyone for taxing in other players to map since Anet wants players to play together.

LFG system abuse

Manasa Devi.7958

Alpha, you restored my faith in humanity.

A little.

LFG system abuse

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Some of you need a stronger sarcasm detector!!

LFG system abuse

JediYoda.1275

Some of you need a stronger sarcasm detector!!

If it was sarcasm they need to do better job!! with all qqing these days on the forum its getting harder to tell qq from sarcasm!

LFG system abuse

Posted by: Snow.2506

Snow.2506

Giggles
Recognizing sarcasm is really a lost art.

For the love of the high damage, high mobility, glass cannon. Thief to the bitter end.

LFG system abuse

Posted by: ShelBlackblood.7826

ShelBlackblood.7826

Well, of course, exploiters always have an excuse ready. It’s intolerable. Something needs to be done about this.

:D

LFG system abuse

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

So lets follow this a bit and see what happens.

Taxiing people for large worlds events/bosses becomes “illegal”. Players must rely on RNG to get into a map with enough people to complete said event/boss. Without having a sure way to get into a map where it has a greater chance of being completed, players then start abandoning those events. Thus further decreasing the chance of those events ever being completed.

Yeah that’s not going to work. Taxiing in people into a specific map specifically to do the event/boss is forming a party with the intent of completing group content. Just because the person doesn’t stay within the party, doesn’t mean that it is abusing the LFG function.

Without the taxis, it is likely that most events/bosses will fail a majority of the time.
So what would you rather have? a way to get into a map in order to do an event/boss with a greater chance to succeed, or rely on RNG to get into a such a map, with event/boss failure likely to happen because you couldn’t get into a “good” map?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

LFG system abuse

saturn.4810

LFG system abuse

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Giggles
Recognizing sarcasm is really a lost art.

It is almost impossible with gw2 forum.

LFG system abuse

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

The actual problem with taxiing now is that people lie in their LFG advertisements just to lure others into doing the event in their instance. For example, there are a ton of messages on LFG claiming to have an organized group with commanders for Tarir or Tangled Depths yet when people join they find a half empty map with no one willing to tag up.

LFG system abuse

Manasa Devi.7958

So some people are trolling the exploiters?

This community is unbelievable.

LFG system abuse

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

So some people are trolling the exploiters?

This community is unbelievable.

Explain how using the LFG is an exploit?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

LFG system abuse

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Honestly, they already built a far better system in GW1.

Instance selections to find map instances. Player find tool with sections for trade, recruiting, and LFG.

I understand why they don’t want to add a trade section, as player-to-player trading is not a supported activity, but a “miscellaneous ads” section for people to use for recruiting and other purposes would be nice. I’d much rather have a completely ignorable tab than have to constantly see “GUILD RECRUITING BLAHBLAH” taking up five lines in map chat all the time.

The forum section is not enough, it lumps together EU and NA guilds, and has no way to guarantee that you can talk to a recruiter when you see the ad. not to mention its on the forums, where many players never actually visit.

The moment they added a trade section to LFG… people stopped posting trades in the improper spot.

The problem is that currently, open world is the ‘default position’ and thus that’s where you’re going to find people posting other types of ads that don’t fit in to other content.

As for taxis, open world is absolutely the right place to post taxi groups. You’re actively looking for other players to do specific content with, in the open world.

If they’d simply add a “player advertisements” section to LFG, the problem would fix itself.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ