Lame skill point lore.

Lame skill point lore.

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Swizzle.7982

Swizzle.7982

In auric basin you can find an Exalted teleporter which takes you to a ruined temple, recognisable to everyone who played the first game, and which has always been pretty mysterious.

In that temple is a skill point, and this is the flavour text that it has:

“Such a powerful place.”

Yup, that’s it. And this is the case for pretty much all skill points in the new areas. GW2 is already pretty garbage at delivering lore and now it’s even worse. Compare this to skill points in the base game:

“Though the statues and columns have been reduced to rubble by centuries of dark magic, dragons, and time; the scorched remains of this once majestic Ascalonian temple still glow with a pulsing energy.”

or

“This eroded structure was once a hall of learning. The skeletal remains of the conservatory dome are thick with algae. The water here glows faintly with the energy of an experiment long abandoned.”

I hope the expansion skillpoints are just using placeholder text, because if not, then they just suck, they’re disappointing and are a massive downgrade from the original quality of flavour text in gw2.

Lame skill point lore.

Posted by: Arctarius.2649

Arctarius.2649

I was also disappointed by this. It’s those tiny details that most people fly through that I love to delve into. I hate how they seem to have let go of the highly detailed mindset they started off with.

Lame skill point lore.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Agreed, I was a little sad about this.