Last story mission is VERY BUGGED [Spoilers]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

Oh my dear God! I rarely post on this forum but after several tries being unable to comlplete the last story mission i am absolutely kittened. THAT IS NONSENSE! Seriously! When u make the last mission like that it is a shame. U cant properly respawn there when in a group, Canach bugged 2 times, Pale tree bugged 1 time, Mordremoth itself is bugged to oblivion! We just could not complete it in party and in solo. That is frustrating and annoying. Why on Earth would u release a game where strory is so bugged? What were u fixing in the last patch if it’s still absolutely broken?

I am realy raging right now. Usually I do enjoy the game but I don’t remember any mission in original GW2 to be so buggy. It is supposed to be the end of your journey, not the end of you actually playing this game.

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

How did it bug out? Give any details? I just finished the story myself and did not experience any bugs.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Chill down and give proper detail plz.

I finish this mission solo before patch so I don’t know what’s change.

Posted by: Tofu.1978

Tofu.1978

There have been a lot of different bugs reported. My particular bug was that all the reality rifts spawned off the platform in space and so were unreachable. Even when i could glide onto one it had no ground underneath it so I couldn’t interact with it. I reported it with a screenshot.

Devout Tofu, Hardened Tofu, Cryptic Tofu, Unstable Tofu, Expired Tofu
Knights of the Rose [KoR] – Isle of Janthir

Posted by: CruSheR.3297

CruSheR.3297

What I found out during my attempts (with a group) is that the bugs appear when the player that started the story dies. This person is needed to last hit bosses and eventually mordremoth. Also all events or dialogues have to be triggered by said person. Did it again yesterday and it worked just fine.

Geshque.1326

1. Canach bugged during the last phase. Die and restart didn’t help.
2. Pale Tree bugged during last phase. It dissappeared and her minions began to spawn infinitely and run towards the center of the room. Die and restart didn’t help.
3. Couldn’t get in the air during the last fight. Not every air flow seemed to work. Die and restart didn’t help.
4. While 4 ppl died, the last one alive soloed final boss. But the final blow had to be delivered by story opener and story opener just couldn’t get back into the fight as well as the rest of us. So we just watched from the top without any opportunity to get down. Die and restart didn’t help.
5. Every said bug just destroyed the whole attempt cause in order to get things done we had to restart the whole mission. It was done in different groups and different setups. I may just have a bad luck but that doesn’t deny the fact that such bugs are actually there.

Posted by: CruSheR.3297

CruSheR.3297

Try to find someone with a 100% survival chance :P

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

I take it the fixes didn’t do much then? I’m kinda holding off on going back to it until bugs are fixed. I really don’t feel like wasting an hour getting clotheslined by bugs some more.

Or words to that effect.

Labjax.2465

Oh btw, you should put the word SPOILERS in your title. To be considerate of others.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: TheDarkShiek.7854

TheDarkShiek.7854

SPOILERS:

Yeah, mark for spoilers next time. I beat the last instance a couple times; once with a PUG and the other time to help a couple guildies. It’s not impossible, in fact, I argue that it was easier with a 3 man party than a 5 man party. Here are some things I discovered after exiting and entering the instance a total of 7 times…
- Braham and Canach are the least buggy.
- Mordremoth is easier to beat the on the first try of the instance. A-Net fixed the bug where he kept popping a specific skill after retrying so let’s hope that sticks.
- They’ve fixed the bug that prevents you from shooting into the air during the glider phase of the fight with Mordremoth so you shouldn’t have a problem there.
- If you are having trouble with getting Mordremoth’s break bar down during the last phase, it’s NOT bugged and easy to nullify if you have enough hard cc skills.
- Most important thing about the Mordremoth fight: the person who opened the instance HAS TO BE ALIVE TO STOMP HIM

Hope this helps a little! Good luck and enjoy the after-math ;D

Posted by: Dewzze.6319

Dewzze.6319

Just wasted an hour on the bugged out final fight. They kill WvW and don’t have the decency to make a polished PvE game.

Posted by: Heelo.5193

Heelo.5193

I had the same issues and bugs with the last mission, but after the patch it worked just fine. The story opener still died and was teleported to that separated island, but when it was time do deliver the final blow all those who died before were brought to the main island and the opener could finish. So I don’t know what you’re doing, but that problem at least was patched out.

Posted by: Oyranos.9750

Oyranos.9750

let me add the bug I found also

I stop playing the last fight, till they patch it for good… I will retry it in a couple of dayshttps://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Final-story-battle-bug/first#post5676853

just do some glidder leveling since then..!

(edited by Oyranos.9750)

Geshque.1326

I dont think there are any spoilers story-wise. In fact, I’ve only mentioned several names and I assume that everyone knows that Mordremoth is a final boss already xD

Seriously, in current state this mission is just a joke. When u make a story and try to make it an epic one, you just have to double your attempts while working on the final mission. Cause u know – that final mission always leaves an aftertaste – if the story was bad but the final mission was brilliant – u can say that story was pretty good. But when the whole story is great and it is spoiled by final mission – then you will remember only frustration, believe me. Nothing good will be remembered.

(edited by Geshque.1326)

Labjax.2465

It’s not necessarily the info you’re giving out in the OP. It’s what others (or yourself) might say in the process of talking about the mission.

But yes, I would like to see the bugs gone too.

Or words to that effect.

Geshque.1326

OMG, on my 6th try Mordremoth made me struggle with his will ( i am a sylvari ). My teammates turned red and he turned green. I died, used rift and nothing changed so we couldn’t kill him. Yet another bug to this kittenty mission. IT IS BUGGED FOR THE kittenING 6TH TIME! kitten YOU!

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

I am so frustrated with this garbage! I can solo this fight but I keep getting bugs

I didn’t even die but sometimes the rifts are in the freaking air?! what the hell anet!

The glider bug is so frustrating because it usually happens for me half way into the fight.

I sent six bug reports with screen shots. This is an amazing boss fight but it has been ruined by ton of immersion breaking bugs.

I warn everyone do not do the last mission until they fix this hot mess. GG Anet

Posted by: Razzafrazza.7815

Razzafrazza.7815

2. Pale Tree bugged during last phase. It dissappeared and her minions began to spawn infinitely and run towards the center of the room. Die and restart didn’t help

Yeah, I had both of these last night. On #1 the game actually crashed and I couldn’t log back in for about 10 minutes. Very frustrating— I gave up.

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

No spoilers but the final boss fight is really bugged. Edit-forgot to confirm glider bug.
And Arenanet decided if you die, you get reset at the beginning.

I am writing this so I don’t rage quit the game. You can check out a Reddit post for a ton of bugs that occur that I have not experienced…yet.
Bugs:
1. The portal appears outside of the floor area.
2. If you die, sometimes the boss mechanics do not reset. I was fighting illusions and experiencing his wave thingy at same time.
3. Illusions sometimes get stuck and cannot reach you for melee attacks. I have both range and melee build so was able to deal with this. But if you are melee, you will have to run to where they are stuck. Hope that bosses attack does not waste you cause you will have very little space to dodge.
4. Glider does not always open. so yes, you die again.

I read one tip. If you die, go back in and jump off platform to die again. This should reset the boss mechanics.

This fight is hard enough. The many glitches are disappointing. I am trying this again until I see confirmation that the bugs are addressed.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

So, playing as a group, I made it into the last phase but the rest of the party did not, so I let myself die. When the instance owner hit the reset bot, we ended up with in the last phase but with both kinds of rift – i.e. controlled companions spawning AND the ‘kill mordy’ ones. Very weird, but we finished it.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

How did he bug? He’s supposed to become invulnerable until you use Canach’s shield to actively break his break bar with it. Did something else happen?

2. Pale Tree bugged during last phase. It dissappeared and her minions began to spawn infinitely and run towards the center of the room. Die and restart didn’t help.

It’s the final phase, I’m pretty sure this is supposed to happen.

3. Couldn’t get in the air during the last fight. Not every air flow seemed to work. Die and restart didn’t help.

This is tough, but not necessarily a bug, just poor tuning.

4. While 4 ppl died, the last one alive soloed final boss. But the final blow had to be delivered by story opener and story opener just couldn’t get back into the fight as well as the rest of us. So we just watched from the top without any opportunity to get down. Die and restart didn’t help.

This might actually be a bug, or else you shouldn’t reset while anyone is still alive in the fight.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: timer.7210

timer.7210

Keeps bugging for me that the rifts spawn off the level, so there is no way to continue but to die and restart

Posted by: Sanchez.4017

Sanchez.4017

I completed my last chapter yesterday on 1st try and didn’t encounter any bugs at all. I was soloing btw(had no idea why people want to group up for it, better rewards maybe?).

Is it because of grouping that created these bugs and the story mission are meant to be solo?

Ghost Scout – You can’t kill what you can’t see.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

OMG, on my 6th try Mordremoth made me struggle with his will ( i am a sylvari ). My teammates turned red and he turned green…

OMG I didn’t know he could do that. Can you kill a teammate? :P

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Posted by: timer.7210

timer.7210

I completed my last chapter yesterday on 1st try and didn’t encounter any bugs at all. I was soloing btw(had no idea why people want to group up for it, better rewards maybe?).

Is it because of grouping that created these bugs and the story mission are meant to be solo?

I was trying solo.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

OMG, on my 6th try Mordremoth made me struggle with his will ( i am a sylvari ). My teammates turned red and he turned green…

OMG I didn’t know he could do that. Can you kill a teammate? :P

Watch WoodenPotatoes review of the story. Eventually they get into that mission and he brings a friend who then kills him. I remember when I played it Canach and Braham turned yellow at that point and I was tempted to kill them. I’m thinking I will in a later playthrough since I still have two Sylvari, just to see what happens.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

I almost rage quit the hearts and minds final run after several attempts. It wasn’t immediately apparent what I was supposed to do (I mean, why can’t I hide in the bubble with the rest of them?), then the large AOE attack killed me, in which case I had to kill myself again just to reset the boss fight to try again. Then I had to utilize the glider a few more times during the boss fight, making the ordeal really painful with the resets. Now that I know what I’m looking for, it’s actually not a bad fight…just having to do it several times to get it dialed in was a PITA. Also, getting caught in the debilitating AOE was infuriating. But it’s a boss mechanic. Goes with the territory, I suppose.

Ultimately, it was more challenging than Zhaitan, but overall, a bit of a let down. Better story, but not as cool as seeing a large scale dragon fall.

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~

Posted by: Vitamina Ce.5193

Vitamina Ce.5193

Infuriating. INFURIATING!!!
I stand with you, Geshque.
Stay strong.
All the awesomeness of HoT went down the toilet because of these dannn bugs.
Infuriating. INFURIATING!!!

Posted by: vixyblue.8213

vixyblue.8213

I have just done the final boss fight 7 times now and I feel very angry and not a little depressed). I never expected it to be easy (i’d have been disappointed if it was!) and I liked all the details, dialogue and challenges right up until the kittening glider won’t open and I die… seven times..

Now the boss fight is a chore and I hate it. I didn’t want to hate it and I feel like I might cry.
With SO MANY people having the same experience could ANET not fix this bug, I don’t want to hate your story ANET, please, please fix it.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Gah, saw this topic on the first page, saw someone mention bugs were fixed, and was just about to start up my client to grab the patch when I realized the post was made 16 days ago.

Here’s to hoping the Tuesday patch fixes the last mission as well.

Posted by: Niyu.1350

Niyu.1350

While the final fight isn’t as buggy, the fact you can’t revive, or repair if you die too much is annoying.

On another note, the final reward says that it awards a Vision Crystal … it didn’t … quite disappointed.

Posted by: Vladimort.9178

Vladimort.9178

Funny story, I finished the story last night with my gf and we hadn’t read about these bugs, I had heard story had some bugs but also that there were patches, and nothing specific, so a few things happened for us in the last fight..

Gliders did’t work, but we were able to ‘jump’ and there was also some dialog about ‘taking cover’ so we thought we could be shielded inside braham’s bubble, but that did’t work either, queue some deaths here, but then we had zerker gear so I thought maybe it was just by design and we were just glassy, so timing that to have full health and a full RS bar we were able to barely stay alive after these phases.

And then, rifts appear in mid air or off the island, try to jump towards them and more deaths.

Last bug worked in our favor, after dying a few times we reached the last phase of the fight where you get to see his break bar, then we died, but at the restart, mechanics hadn’t reset, -including- his break bar, so we took him from 100% health to 10-15 in one go, i could see some rifts, minons and i think i evens aw the fake canach around there, I’m guessing some mechanics are bound to his health pool levels? at any rate, we were able to finish the story by a bug helping us against the other bugs.

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I just passed the mission by myself, and when it finally worked I thought it was pretty fun and just the right amount of challenge. I had to attempt it a few times. A couple times because it was a tough fight and I was still learning the mechanics – this is a good thing. Trying again and finally learning it and succeeding brings a sense of accomplishment.

That said, a few of my reattempts were forced because of bugs. The one that got me was where the rift point appeared off the platform. As others have noted above, when that happens you cannot get to it. Even if you glide or jump over to it there’s no ground under it so you just fall. When I got hit with that bug I was pretty frustrated.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So no fixes for Hearts and Minds in the patch. I would have thought it was a top priority.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: AtomsOrSystems.9420

AtomsOrSystems.9420

I just passed the mission by myself, and when it finally worked I thought it was pretty fun and just the right amount of challenge. I had to attempt it a few times. A couple times because it was a tough fight and I was still learning the mechanics – this is a good thing. Trying again and finally learning it and succeeding brings a sense of accomplishment.

It’s a good fight. A really good fight. That’s what makes the bugs so infuriating. Because every time I mess up and die (or every time an updraft doesn’t work, and I die), I know I need to go play through the whole pre-sequence for the 100th time.

It’s turning one of the best-designed story fights in this game, into a painful, infuriating slog.

So no fixes for Hearts and Minds in the patch. I would have thought it was a top priority.

You would think.

Posted by: Vitamina Ce.5193

Vitamina Ce.5193

After the update 2015.11.17-2, the bug is still active.
— Seriously?
— Yes, seriously.

PS: before new content, repair old/current content.

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Me and my partner attempted this after the patch and had several bugs which stopped us from completing it:

- Canach bugged at the final phase of his fight. He did not drop the shield and the boss stayed invulnerable. Had to exit and reenter the story.

-The rift on the mord fight spawned outside the platform area so couldn’t be interacted with. Both of us dying and respawning solved this.

-Gliders seemed to only open half the time during the massive ground aoe. It was very random whether they would work or not.

-When one of us died fully, there was no way to rejoin the fight other than the second player dying and restarting from scratch. Im not sure if this is a bug or not but it is rather unfun.

- Im not sure if ‘shielding’ was meant to work during the ground aoe or not. It says in the dialogue to shield yourself so I tried after my glider was failing but I still took damage and died. I tried both the block from herald sheild and standing in the aoe field created by the NPC’s.

Anyway after 4-5 attempts we couldnt both safely get past the ground aoe even once so gave up.

Posted by: Kristjan.7350

Kristjan.7350

2. Pale Tree bugged during last phase. It dissappeared and her minions began to spawn infinitely and run towards the center of the room. Die and restart didn’t help

Still getting this bug!

Posted by: DullaHan.1065

DullaHan.1065

u know what, after 6months , this mission is still broken
my team was dc 3times , the last time is right after we finish the boss fight.
thx to that, we need to do all over again.
after 6months i cant believe there is still a huge problem that have never been fix, UNBELIEVABLE !
my friend quit because of how broken the story mission was.

Posted by: zakuruchi.4086

zakuruchi.4086

Holy necro thread.

Anyway, most of the bugs listed up there (canach, reality rifts) etc have mostly been adressed. Did it myself a while ago without any issue (other than inconsistent updrafts).

From your info, it’s likely that the instance owner got disconnected during the boss fight. While this totally sucks, this is not likely to be a bug.

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

The most annoying bug is the dc one when you are in a party and you can’t rejoin your friends because I think the fact Anet implemented this as an instance within a story instance framework and they didn’t bother to pass-along the account id from one instance to the other. Normal stories are a single instance and you can safely rejoin your party in the same story instance.

Shoddy QA Anet.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I had it bug out the other day, it was really random, we all wiped but one, when (s)he was on the last phase, the rift didn’t spawn, so (s)he died, when we restarted the fight kinda reset, but was still on the last phase. Very odd.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|