Legendaries locked behind ping

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I play above 200 ping because of where I stay and there is always a lag whenever I use the jumping mushrooms for Fallen Masks. It’s been near impossible to get the gold standard and it seems the only way I can attain that achievement is by rolling a near perfect RNG roll of blue masks appearing side by side each other. I’ve been watching videos of people who play on a lower ping and their mushrooms seem to activate almost instantaneously. Isn’t there any way to help with this?

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Which requires gold?

Roxanne.6140

erm mastery points require gold achievements

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

If you can’t get gold in that adventure, why not just do another? There are more than enough mastery points tied to other achievements to max out all the tracks.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

You don’t need gold to max out Masteries, just get silvers and you’re done (don’t even need all silver).

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Perma 260 ms ping here. I got lvl 163 with no real difficulty.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

is OP trying to unlock Central Tyria Mastery tier using Maguuma mastery point? no can do….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Roxanne.6140

okay I just counted, I don’t need any gold achievements. But it still feels horrid to hit a level ceiling due to ping.

@Coldtart, video please

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

okay I just counted, I don’t need any gold achievements. But it still feels horrid to hit a level ceiling due to ping.

@Coldtart, video please

The ping limitations were always there, this just has a small enough margin for error that you can’t effectively overcome them. The alternative is either making it that much easier for everyone else or making more movement abilities client-side, which ANet doesn’t seem to want to do judging by leaving things like lightning pull to completely miss their target if you have a high ping.

I also doubt that many people would have recorded all their gameplay from HoT’s launch to earning their 163rd mastery point.

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

I have about 200 -250 ms i am at 161 :/ within a month playing casually
I don’t raid so i don’t have 163 and don’t intent to get it

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Indeed. I have full 163/163 in HoT Mastery and still have 12 points left with Shooting Gallery, Fallen Masks, and the 2 adventures in TD i don’t recall the name (the one with the robot and the one with the flamethrower) still in silver and some other achievements here and there to get (like The Eternal title). So yeah you can make it easily.
As JVJD i’ve also just played and I admit i only “grinded” (in quotes because it didn’t felt like that) like 1h in old spider farm and 1h in CoF farm to get with the first the poison mastery and with the second the autoloot mastery, just because I wanted that right away. Everything else was everyday gameplay.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?