Legendary Backpack

Legendary Backpack

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zee The Free.1536

Zee The Free.1536

Has anyone heard when we will be able to finish the Ad Infinitum legendary back piece? All I need are the two gifts, Gift of Fractals and Gift of Infinity, and I am done. Looked elsewhere on the forums and cannot find a thread specifically about this.

How did that feel?
REAL GOOD!
The Zeke T Freak machine: zero defects.

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

From what I heard it will be craftable after next fractal update sooo never 2-4 months.

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

Sounds easy, only 2 left……bet those to gifts goin to be a pain ^^ Can imagine gift of fractals somethinbg like: 250 of the 3 diffrent shard of essence, 250 pristine fractals and a ton of golden relics. Gift of infinity problably (realy no clue), but why not 250 crystiline ore, 250 giant eye, [item that takes ages] [item] [item that that made 54 players ragequit]

Well, tbh ive got no clue, and only Anet knows. Springupdate? ninjaupdate….well we will know soon enough.

“Death is just another path”

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Sounds easy, only 2 left……bet those to gifts goin to be a pain ^^ Can imagine gift of fractals somethinbg like: 250 of the 3 diffrent shard of essence, 250 pristine fractals and a ton of golden relics. Gift of infinity problably (realy no clue), but why not 250 crystiline ore, 250 giant eye, [item that takes ages] [item] [item that that made 54 players ragequit]

Well, tbh ive got no clue, and only Anet knows. Springupdate? ninjaupdate….well we will know soon enough.

Calm down with your expectation. It’s just a backpack. It will be cheaper than doing a legendary weapon.

Gift of infinity will be from a last collection (part IV). You still need the journal from Mai Trin, it’s the last one. You will not need to craft anything, just complete the collection. I think it will be some tasks from 51-100 fractals.

Gift of fractal will probably be from the leaderboard. Don’t know how this will work.

The only thing expensive you’ll need is the gift of fortune and of course, the precursor (total cost is around 1400 golds)… Oh and, a lot of time.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: Noordster.4391

Noordster.4391

Calm down with your expectation. It’s just a backpack. It will be cheaper than doing a legendary weapon.

Gift of infinity will be from a last collection (part IV). You still need the journal from Mai Trin, it’s the last one. You will not need to craft anything, just complete the collection. I think it will be some tasks from 51-100 fractals.

Gift of fractal will probably be from the leaderboard. Don’t know how this will work.

The only thing expensive you’ll need is the gift of fortune and of course, the precursor (total cost is around 1400 golds)… Oh and, a lot of time.

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: Noordster.4391

Noordster.4391

im just thinking maybe we need to finish all the fractals, from lvl 1- 100, can be related to the leaderboard…..

Legendary Backpack

Zee The Free.1536

I am hoping a dev can at least step in here and give us an idea as to when we can see the last steps come out. I can see that the Gift of Fractals would be for completing all 100 levels but the Gift of Infinity, I don’t think its a collection.

How did that feel?
REAL GOOD!

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

I am hoping a dev can at least step in here and give us an idea as to when we can see the last steps come out. I can see that the Gift of Fractals would be for completing all 100 levels but the Gift of Infinity, I don’t think its a collection.

I’m 100% confident it’s a collection. All new legendary have 4 collection, and the 4th part is always a gift. Maybe it will be just one piece for the final gift, and then you will still need 100 more golds for doing the gift of infinity. You can be sure that there will be another final collection since you can buy a journal from Mai Trin boss wich wasn’t used yet.

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

+1 Finally someone asking for time frame on this!
I’ve been sort of stuck as far as my goals go, I know I need to do map completion because I’m clean out of Gift of Exploration, but without any decent time frame on when this backpack’s coming into this game I’ve just sorta been logging on doing my dailies.

Paaaalease can we have some sort of estimate if one exists? I know Colin said ‘we just need to throw it in as soon as it’s ready’ and that just made it sound like some sort of project that got bogged down amongst other things, which makes me a little bit worried yet very hopeful because it sounded like it’s almost done and should be dropped soon?

In which case => could we pleeeease have a very approximate date/month?

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

You will make it in new expansion soon for 45€. Well soon means end of 2016 /2017 + all other legendaries.

Legendary Backpack

Zee The Free.1536

I’m 100% confident it’s a collection. All new legendary have 4 collection, and the 4th part is always a gift. Maybe it will be just one piece for the final gift, and then you will still need 100 more golds for doing the gift of infinity. You can be sure that there will be another final collection since you can buy a journal from Mai Trin boss wich wasn’t used yet.

Actually I have yet to see the book for that one even asked for in the backpack list of items. I do know that the Aetherblade Quartermaster asked for stuff but not the boss? You may be referring to the dude on the ship that you can get to after the battle. I have see them in all the fractals so far. Not quite sure what each is asking for. Could you tell me where in the progression they asked for it?

How did that feel?
REAL GOOD!

Legendary Backpack

Zee The Free.1536

So any movement on the dev front about finishing this item? It seems that this was a big part of the expansion when you advertised it. I would love to know what the plan is and why it was not complete before release.

How did that feel?
REAL GOOD!

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

So any movement on the dev front about finishing this item? It seems that this was a big part of the expansion when you advertised it. I would love to know what the plan is and why it was not complete before release.

The only thing I can remember at the moment is that fractals leader-boards have been officially canceled. So they are no longer tied to the back piece. These are some quotes I pulled from Mike’s AMA reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48zlyd/im_mike_obrien_here_with_gw2_dev_team_ama/d0nwsln

Anet_Sean

I can’t promise A certain date, but we’ve de-linked the backpack from Fractal Leaderboards so we can release it sooner rather than later.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/48zlyd/im_mike_obrien_here_with_gw2_dev_team_ama/d0nz8hg

Anet_Sean

So yeah, development on this has been suspended. The more we worked on Fractal Leaderboards the more we realized it just wouldn’t work with Fractals as they are right now.

We did come up with something else entirely that we really do like as an alternative, but that would take a lot of development work and we just have too many problems with Fractals in their current state before we can devote those kind of resources to a project like that.

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Hrm, so gift of infinity will require another fractal journal for collection 4? Good to know, better get started on collecting another one.

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Yea, if we take the pvp backpiece for a reference:

1 gift via achievement rewards
1 gift via mystic forge + mats
1 gift of fortune

For fractals, like others have said, a collection/achievement based one is likely
and the last one, maybe purchasing a few things with our matrices, relics and pristine relics, thrown in the forge with some other things? Maybe a complete journal here, obtained by doing fractal 100?

As for time of release…. well, lets hope for the quarterly update in April (sooner would be nice, but doesn’t seem like Anet’s gonna do it)

Kind of funny/sad that the first legendary we were shown prior to expansion release has taken so long to actually be made available:(

Legendary Backpack

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Will be seriously depressing if they dont manage to get ad infinitum out in the april update.