Legendary and Ascended Runes & Sigils

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

This is a simple suggestion to allow us to swap runes and sigils on Ascended and Legendary gear without all the dramatic fuss…

Ascended runes & sigils: Relatively expensive to make, but once made you can put it on armor & weapons. The runes and sigils themselves have no stats or effects. HOWEVER, once you add any superior rune or sigil to the Ascended one, and it will absorb it. You can re-use said rune or sigil anytime now.

This way, you can add every superior rune and sigil into this ascended rune & sigil, and you can cycle through it when you need a different effect. It won’t get destroyed when transmuting ascended gear. This makes the Ascended runes and sigils a type of Rune and Sigil library, and you can add upon it if you wish to.

Legendary runes & sigils: Very expensive to make. Once made, it contains EVERY superior rune and sigil in-game, and every new one will automatically be added.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I like the legendary suggestion, though on the Ascended maybe make it force out the current rune/sigil?

putting traveler in instead of dolyak will push the traveler rune into your inventory – ready to be re-used (but still consume a spot in your bags). that way it’s a slight alternative to legend as you can’t fill it up to act as your legendary suggestion

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Gynok.1756

Gynok.1756

You can already swap runes and sigils freely on every piece of armor and weapon in gw2. I don’t really see why this should change.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Maybe you didn’t check but some runes cost individually a LOT more than the exotic armor part you put it into. Which causes a small issue when that exotic armor part you bought was not salvageable like those you get for WvW tokens, or Ascended/Legendaries.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I prefer that Legendary Armor and Weapons can absorb rune/sigils and then you can cycle through all of those you unlocked.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I guess this will come at the moment, when fnally Jeweler 500 gets also added, using Jeweler 200 to refine all kinds of exotic upgrades into ascended upgrades. This way would receive Jeweler a strong unique field for crafting items with that you can make money.

Legendary Upgrades I think will become a reward kind of thing for either WvW in the future, or for doing PvP (Stronghold) or could become PvE rewards from some redesigned world bosses

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside