Legendary backpiece effect?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SuicideFall.3697

SuicideFall.3697

Being a legendary item it must come with some special effect, any ideas on what i might be? Since legendary weapons already give auras and foot falls i don’t think that it should have either of these.

I think it would be awesome if its effect was to amplify the auras and effects of other legendary weapons.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Since they don’t have to come with a “special effect” your entire premise is faulty.

And I really doubt they’re are going to code something that needs to adapt to 17 other possible effects AND has to be expanded on every time they add another Legendary.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

random speculation. giant fiery wings

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

it should have it’s own aura and footfalls, it is a legendary item after all.

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

There we immediately bump into the problem what if people have both the backpiece and a legendary weapon, which effect should take priority then. Unlike for weapons we don’t have clear distinction that can be used here (ie. main-hand or off-hand for weapon effects).

So if it has a special effect they are probably going to try and avoid too much overlap.

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

They could have an effect like Spectral Walk trail just a few units behind you when you walk. It wouldnt get in the way of footfalls.

Alright meow, where were we?

Posted by: Yinne.6435

Yinne.6435

It could be a persistent aura and a trail that lags behind the backpiece. So you have footfalls on the bottom and say like a night sky star trail that lags behind a moon based legendary backpiece.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I wouldn’t want footfalls from a backpiece but I tell you what would really be cool! A stream of light cascading behind you as you run. While standing still it would glimmer and illuminate around you.

Posted by: Gwarrior.4952

Gwarrior.4952

Unique Gliding visual effect, nothing further.

Grind, grind and more grind.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

There we immediately bump into the problem what if people have both the backpiece and a legendary weapon, which effect should take priority then. Unlike for weapons we don’t have clear distinction that can be used here (ie. main-hand or off-hand for weapon effects).

So if it has a special effect they are probably going to try and avoid too much overlap.

We’ve already seen what aura stacking looks like for Legendaries though – you used to be able to bug it to have multiple auras and footfalls at once. Then there was the Ascalonian weapon transmog bug which amplified each of the Legendary effects (was awesome).